Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You read. I'll fight. (Jonas)

Started by Anonymous, June 28, 2006, 07:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He lifted his large head, his neck curling how a swan may hold itself as he looked down from dozens of feet, slowly leaning in to her palm as he inhaled the scent. Of course his nostrils appeared large enough to consume a crawling human. After he had done this, his neck curled to one side, several feet away from their position as he lay it back down. The large eye still looking across to them.

Anonymous

Kyla looked extreamly worried as the dragon lifted it's head toward her sister while Kaori just kept calm. Soon Kaori smiled and looked triumphantly at Kyla while the dragon seemed to accept her. Kaori was still cautious as she walked towards it leaning against the dragon where it's neck meets it's shoulders. It was comfortable, and she soon snuggled in, absent mindedly petting it watching her sister.

Kyla had wide eye's but seemed intrigued all the same and was soon looking from the dragon to the door though not in a scared way. Kaori realized what her sister wanted so she whispered, "Go ahead and get your journal to write your little notes in." Seeing that her sister still looked skeptical she added while rolling her eye's, "I promise not to be eaten while your gone." Kyla just sighed before sneaking up to her room to get her journal and something to write with.

Once Kyla left Kaori had sat silently for a while before starting to talk to the dragon quietly saying, "Thanks for accepting us. Or well at least me. Kyla would have been traumatized for life if I had died.... I know what your thinking. Why wasn't I scared to die? Or why wasn't I worried about myself? Honestly I'm not afraid to die. It seems pointless to fear something that will happen weather you want it to or not. THat's why I don't fear death. It's just silly really." She paused for a while before continueing, "I don't fear getting hurt either really. Why fear getting hurt? I don't mind. I'll get better. Especially if it's for Kyla, I always protect her. It's my job, it always has been and it always will be. I don't mind... but sometimes I'm scared something will happen to her that I can't stop.... That's one of the only thing's I fear really. I fear Kyla dieing, or Kyla getting hurt. Anything bad happening to her. I live for her. I fight for her. She's my only friend and my only family. SHe's everything. It's not like I'm complaining that I need to protect her. I enjoy it. I don't know what else I'd do with my time. It'll all be worth it if I can see her amount to something worth her. If she could become some lady in a castle, fall in love and get married. Maybe even write a book or own a library. I just want to see her become happy. I'm easily pleased, and I just want the best for her. If she's happy I'm happy." SHe stopped for another moment laughing before saying, "You know what? Your the only one I've ever told that."

When Kyla got back everything was silent and she sat a little ways away smiling and furiously scribbling down notes about the dragon along with some scetches of it with her sister. Kyla always marveled at her sisters fearlessness. It amazed her how Kaori could just walk up to a dragon like it was nothing and yet she couldn't even go near a dog without becoming scared. She had never been good with animals. Kyla had always been scared of them until she got to know them, but the animals could sense the fear. She had even stopped and smiled remembering how Kaori had caught her a rabbit once just to let Kyla pet it, but it ran away right after that. Kyla just shook off the memory though finishing up her scetch as Kaori kept flipping a coin higher and higher ocupieing herself.

(and the muse has come back! HaHa!)

Anonymous

(woot!)

The right eye of the creature continued watching her as she smiled, half tempted to mop it off her face with his tongue. Of course, the years he adjusted to humanity and a wealthy lifestyle compared to nothing to his life of a dragon, by several thousand years in retrospect - so he was bound to feel more comfortable as a dragon and acting like one than a human. It made it less wierd certainly.

He had always been a fathering figure to most he ment on his travels, so it was no suprise when he settled, he would adopt. Koari helped him realise something he had not learned, or felt for a long time. Throughout his travels he longed to meet another of his breed, being the last of his particular species for many thousands of years. The love between these sisters was the kind he had been looking for.

His memory was like a photo gallery, looking back of all those he had met on his travels. He had either outlived them, or outlived their interest. Her laugh snapped him out of his trance of thought, the iris refocusing back on her form. Inadvertantly taking in her statements, it was lucky she had laughed, because he might've just shed a tear.

The dragon had already lifted his head to curl it once more, but this time holding it pose-like above Kaori several feet, looking to the opposite side of the room as Kyla returned. He noticed how she found him comfortable, which was odd considering his armour scales were thicker than all other animals, the soft, velvet-like feathers were held across the back of his neck, several feet taller than she could reach.

Out of sheer curiousity or reaction, he drew his maw close pulling back his scaley lips softly to reveal t-rex-type teeth, opening very slightly for create a small gap, his lips closed around her clothes somewhat (thing a horse if nothing better), pulling at them and aimed to pick her up.

Anonymous

The dragon had been staring at Kaori and Kyla making Kaori laugh slightly and Kyla keep an eye on him. When the dragon opened it's teeth to peck at her clothes Kyla almost had a heart attack about to scream before Kaori began to laugh saying, "What do you want huh? You are a very silly dragon you know that." After laughing for a while she finally gasped out, "You can pick me up." Kyla just stared at her sister with wide eye's and a horrified expression.

For some odd reason Kaori felt very comfortable around the dragon. That's why she had been so comfortable while sitting there before, it wasn't that his sccales were paticularly soft, which they definatly were not, it was that for once she felt safe. Like she could relax and not have to worry about protecting Kyla and herself. For some reason she felt like that dragon would do it. Like he cared. She trusted him which was a rare thing for Kaori to find. She didn't put her trust in people easily, but she was always more apt to give in to animals. Even so it was just the general feeling, almost as if it was a sixth sense, but either way she felt like the dragon would never hurt her or Kyla.

Anonymous

Once she gave the word, he finally lifted her off the ground after securing her clothes between his lips, llifting her up dozens of feet before turning his neck, dropping her fairly rough onto the back of his feathers, likely cushioning her small drop from his feathers. His head hung over for a little while before lowering about a foot from the floor, turning towards Kyla. He doubted she would let him pick her up as he did with Kaori, but perhaps she would climb up the front of his muzzle.

Anonymous

When he lifted her Kaori simply giggled finding it to be the ride of a life time. How many people can actually say they've gotten to sit on the back of a dragon, or have a dragon carry them in it's mouth. It was fun, a little scary, but then again in the words of Kyla, or most likely some book Kyla read, fear is only human, and bravery is simply conquering your fears. Then the dragon dropped her even though at first the falling was scary she only gasped and then snuggled into the soft feathers laughing as she did so.

Kyla froze from fear when the dragon went to pick her up but then calmed down once she heard Kaori say, "It's okay Kyla. It's fun." Still not wanting to take the risk the older twin shook her head saying politely, "No. I'm fine thank you." Kaori furrowed her brows at this saying, "Come on face your fears and be a man!" Seeing the look on Kyla's face she soon corrected herself saying, "Or a women. That works too." Kyla still looked iffy even though she seemed to be warming up to the idea. Finally she decided to do once she heard Kaori quote something she had said to her a while ago, "Kyla. Fear is only human, and bravery is simply facing those fears.... Come on Kyla, you'll regret it if you don't." Smiling at her sister Kyla took several deep breaths saying, "Okay. I'm ready." With that she put her chin out and her shoulders back nodding to the dragon to lift her up.

Anonymous

It seemed to understand them talking amongst one another - or rather was the impression he wanted them to feel. He waited for the go ahead, watching her posture as she nodded readily, still clearly nervious. He could even smell it.

He went for a different approach with picking Kyla up, opening his mouth wide ad stretching out his tongue to sweep her, more damp than slimey or horrible, but he kept it outstretched to make sure she didn't think he was trying to eat her. His tongue lifted straight up to his muzzle, pushing her partially up it to continue climbing across the length of his head, down the back of the neck through the feathers to where Kaori was.

Anonymous

Anonymous

All Kyla could think about was how gross this was and how easily the dragon could have aten her. Once she was on the dragons head she let go of a breath she didn't know that she had been holding, and gingerly crawled to where Kaori was beaming at her. Meaning to sound agrivated but her voice quivering slightly she said, "W-what?" Kaori just shrugged and laid back down laying on the crook between the dragons neck and shoulder blades so that she could sit comfortably.

Meanwhile Kyla had moved so that she was in front of Kaori on the dragons back a total contridiction to Kaori. While Kaori was perfectly at ease and comfortable, Kyla's eye's were wide and she sat with her legs stradling the dragon back her hands griping the scales for dear life. Finally Kaori raised an eyebrow at her sister before turning to the dragon and asking, "Do you think you could put her back down? I think she's going to faint." She knew that the dragon might not understand her but it was worth a shot.

When she looked back at her sister, she found Kyla glaring at her, but her eye's also held some kind of appreciation for trying to get her down. Hidden behind the glare Kaori could see the thankyou and so smiled at Kaori before watching the dragon for a reaction.

(Sorry it took me so long, I don't have internet right now.)

Anonymous

The dragon seemingly stretched after Kaori's words, one of his wings touched the ground and tensed, the sheeted skin across each section of bone that made the wing tightened to a kind of slide, not particularly steep either.

It also readjusted it's head closer to the wing, his tail had been sweeping behind him for some time now, something like a cat does to indicate it's awake or similar.

(no problem. not alot of rp muse atm, but i thought it best to post)

Anonymous

Anonymous

OOC: Sorry it took me so long!! btw I just got my internet back today!!!

BIC:

The two young girls watched with widened eye's as the dragons wing turned into a slide. Kyla was still sticking to the dragon like glue so Kaori smiled, winked at the dragon and then stood and did a sort of half crawl half walk to the dragons wing. With that she turned to her sister and said, "Come on Kyla. You can do it." With a set stouborn look Kyla slowly crawled to the dragons wing. Once she was there she sat down and although her chin was set in determination Kaori could see the fear in her eye's.

Kaori was her sisters protector, and even though Kyla wouldn't admit it, she was dead scared right now. So to comfort her Kaori held her sisters hand. Before Kyla could object Kaori launched herself down the scaley slide pulling her sister along with her. With the wind rushing against them Kaori was screaching her fun while Kyla sat there petrified.

When the two touched ground Kyla blinked a few times before standing and gaining dignity. Kaori on the other hand now had a new rush of energy, and so she walked until her back was against the door and then ran attempting to run up the dragons wing. Of course she knew it wouldn't work, but it proved to be fun as she fell and slid down feet first. When she reached the bottom she fell into a fit of laughter that her sister soon joined her in.

Anonymous

(yay!)

He had loosened the skin of the wing when she attempted to run up it, tightening it once more when she slipped. Reasons for fear that she may tear another hole in his wing from the charge.

The beast lifted his head during their fit of laughter, pointing his muzzle up slightly as his neck arched, breathing in a deep breath only to exale a thick smoke, somewhat like a cigar smoker - minus the cigar.

His tail continued to sweep slowly some distance back, even while his tongue picked between his teeth pointlessly, his lips pulled back as he did this.

(tired... XD)

Anonymous

Anonymous

(sorry my muse has been dead lately.)

Kaori wondered what time it was as she once again opened her eye's a peep to look at her sister who was still drawing her napping on the dragons back. Finally Kyla nodded at her work satisfied before Kaori slid herself down the dragon's scales to look at the drawing. Kyla didn't give it up easily but after a few moments of persuading she handed Kaori her notebook.

Kaori smiled very surprised at how good of an artist her sister really was. It was done in black and white, and the shading was done beautifully. You could see everything clearly, and the notes on the sides of the paper, written in her pretty curvey handwritting just made it look all the better. Kapri didn't even try to read it, she wasn't too good at reading, but she turned and walked over to the dragon easily out running her modest sister. Once there she lifted it up to it's eye and said, "Look isn't it good." WIth a wink she finally turned back to Kyla handing her her notebook.

Once Kyla collected herself she shut her notebook and said to Kaori, "It must be late. We have to go  soon." Kaori stuck her tongue out in obvious rebellion, but soon gave up seeing her sisters sturn look. She still opened her mouth to protest but froze when she heard footsteps coming down the corridor. It was obviously the maid, and after a second of hearing there names shouted the two frozen girls looked at one another. In the quick reflexes that she had earned taking care of them both in the streets Kaori grabbed her sister and nimbly jumped over piles of treasure and behind the dragon, finding a nitch in the gold where she hid Kyla before giving the dragon a definate look that said how desperate she was for his silence.

(I figured that we needed something to spice the thread up)

Anonymous

Malkari had continued resting in the moments of quiet, Kaori seemed content relaxing on him while Kyla was a little more weary.

As soon as she moved again, she woke him from his sleepy daze, a flick of an eyelid forced into focus of a new drawing poked into his face, perhaps a little too close, but he could see it okay, he gave a faint nod and a blink, shortly lifting his head for a yawn, before turning over towards the small figures going about their conversation.

Before he could understand what had happened, they were hiding behind treasure from a maid whom dare not enter. Clumsily, the dragon stood, barely fitting in the slender room as he turned arkwardly so his tail faced the tiny door, he peered down to where they hid with a sniff of air, wondering a moment to himself as he quickly began to shrink to something much smaller - a drake. Exactly the same dragon, looks and everything, but about the size of a small horse, if not slightly shorter. He was still about the size of a full-grown man laying down and reapproached their position as a second squeal for the girls came from the maid.

Anonymous

The girls didn't know what to do, so they hid in hopes that the maid would leave, but that didn't seem likely. There thoughts though were soon interupted as the dragon seemed to shrink. Both girls eye's widened, Kaori's in a mixture of amazement and curiosity, while Kyla's were in a mixture of wonder and fear. Kaori was the first to recover as she snuck over to the door as quietly as she could her right ear pressed against the door listening to the maids steps as she began to walk away.

Kyla just sat still staring at the dragon for a moment before her thirst for knowledge got the better of her and she began making observations and sketching a bit more. Sadly for her she only got halfway through a quick scetch when Kaori signaled her over and told her the plan. They soon began creeping down the halls Kyla right behind Kaori trying hard to match her sisters light quick steps as they snuck towards the stairs unfortunately Kyla couldn't hide in time as the maid turned the corner and caught sight of the young girl.

Kaori couldn't let her sister be  caught so she looked for a quick escape. She knew that in the extreamly dim lighting the maid wouldn't notice the difference between them, so all she had to do was make a quick switch. She got her chance when the maid dropped the set of keys and her waist and bent down to pick them up. With amazing agility Kaori pushed her sister into the dark corner and stood out for the maid to see her in plain view. The switch only took a few seconds luckily because it dosen't take to long for someone to pick something up off of the ground.

The maid loomed over Kaori grabbing her arm when she was close enough while saying something about knowing she was the trouble child, but neither of them were listening. Once her upper arm was grabbed Kaori gave a quick unneeded scream and spun them both in a purposefully week attempt to be let go of. It gave Kyla the perfect oppertunityto run behind the maids back and quickly go upstairs. At the bottom of the staircase she looked back at her sister hesitantly but seeing Kaori's calm wink she quickly ran upstairs thankful for such a good sister to watch after her.

Kaori wasn't that worried as the maid dragged her down one of the halls muttering something about rules and not causing her master trouble. Kaori wasn't really paying attention until she was back in the hall with the dragon and the maid pointed down the hall nearly yelling to her, "Did you go down this hall! Don't you dare lie to me I know you were there I saw you!" Kaori knew that she should be worried and yet she wasn't as the sarcastic remark just came past her lips, "Well, if you saw me then why are you asking?"...

(I'm grounded for a C in Algebra two so my posts won't come often. Sorry.)

Anonymous

(Bit harsh?)

The dragon followed them with its (now much smaller) head, some features now appeared more natural to this world, but it was likely the changes in size that made this effect, since now it looked like it could belong somewhere far and hidden.

The beast followed them quietly, it's tail lifted slightly from the floor as it walked behind them, but did not exit the room after them. Possibly for the best.

He had noticed Kyla sketching him again, and did his best not to pose or move around too much, the small figure looked to the back of the hall where the gold had been stashed in open sight as the girls left, knowing in the back of his mind the maid would greed over such things.

Amazingly enough, the hall was empty. No dragon, no gold..

As the maid continued proding for an answer, it seemed she was oblivious to the lack of anything in the room, perhaps completely unaware of anything that might've been inside the room, they both stood just out of the doorway, one of the doors slightly closed on one side.

She gave a snarl to the sarcastic reply of the young lady "I swear, if any valueable paintings in their are broken.." she grimaced with a slow shake of her head, pointing a single finger to her and snapping it towards the staircase "Goto bed." she growled, a barely audiable mumble followed, but was best not repeated.