Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

“How to Be Insaneâ€￾

Started by Anonymous, September 01, 2006, 03:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Naia traveled through the streets of Ketra, always smiling her almost-too-happy smile at passersby. This afternoon was going on so well for herâ€"she’d found a nice young man who’d given her something to eat, a few people around her age that she could get directions from, and now, here she was in this happy village, marveling at everyone’s pleasant states of being.

Blinking at a sudden noise, she turned about, her short, auburn red hair bouncing about as she did so. Oh, look! It was the man that had fed her earlier. He ran up the steep hill of the village, gasping for air like a choking fish, pointing a weary finger at Naia. “Sorâ€"sorceroâ€"â€? Wheeeeeeeeze. “SORCEROR!â€?

“What? Me?� She asked, beaming. “That I am not.�

“I saw youâ€"I saw you change from a cat to a human in less than a minute. Explain that.â€?

“Why, I shapeshift,  young lad,â€? she chirped, throwing many of the suddenly startled villagers back into their placid states. They went back to doing what they needed to be doneâ€"all, of course, except those who wanted to see her shift. Their eyes were wide and glistening, almost as if they’d been drinking too much.

Much to their unpleasant surprise, they saw no feat. Naia had simply said “Ta-ra,� and went on her way, looking for something to do. Stopping at a kiosk nearly a quarter of a mile away from where she left the man who fed her wheezing, she looked about, her green eyes way too smiley and her teeth all-too white and straight.

Anonymous

Not many people had blue hair. Just as many young girls didn't have white hair. Oh well, it wasn't like the two of them weren't used to attention.
As a matter of fact, they made a living off of it.
Aoi stood in the center of a small crowd of people. This wasn't an official show, so she still wore her street clothes. A thick, knitted turtleneck sweater, white in color. The shorts on her body were of a tan color, and left a strip of skin bare on either thigh before the skin was once again covered by red socks that had a little band of white all the way around the top. These dissapeared into a pair of sky blue and white shoes. Aside from her short, bright blue hair, Aoi also sported a pair of large red fox ears, as well as a fox tail, which swayed about behind her as she twirled with her whip.
Then the blue end of the whip lashed out, and sparks of blue errupted into snowflakes. Her bright green eyes were intense as she concentrated, going through various combinations and forms of twirling and creating sparks of snow. The crowd continuously errupted into applause as each stunt she preformed was better and more brilliant than the last.

Standing off to the side, holding two katana swords in their hard, polished black sheaths, was a younger girl of similar appearance. Though her hair was long and white, she held the same strange attributes as the dancer. Fox ears and a tail, two black stripes on either cheek, just as Aoi had. She was Adi, and was Aoi's self proclaimed side kick. Aside from those similar physical traits, Adi also had two pale blue, nearly transparent wings, like a mix between dragonfly and butterfly wings. Transparent and slender like a dragonfly, yet still slightly leaf-shaped, more like a butterfly's.
A blue gem glittered in her forehead, her skin far more tan than the dancer's. Her outfit consisted of a blue dress that had gold at the hems of the sleeves and the slightly wavy skirt, which ended just above her knees. Over this was a purple sleevless shirt that also had gold hems and extended into two long flaps, one in the front and the other in the back. A gold sash tightened it all around her waist, her small feet incased in cute purple shoes. Her dark blue eyes watched as her idol danced, a grin plastered on her face.

(Yeesh, I hate trying to describe charrie's clothing! lol)

Anonymous

((Ach, I know, Don't worry about it. I  go through the same thing. XD ))

Arching a brow with an interested grin, Naia watched the scene unfold, feeling herself change shape almost immediately, Her hair seemed to be growing different appendages on her head, one from her derrier, and one...well..that was odd.

Her hair was growing longer by each second, finally resting on her shoulders. Beaming, she knew what was going on--she was taking on the general traits of the dancer and,,,and turning male.

What a crazy mind Naia had! No wonder others who knew her well deemed her crazy. Pushing herself away from the kiosk, she strode towards the dancer to get a closer look, letting the thick, bushy reddish-brown fox tail's tip twitch with eagerness ever so slightly. "Marvelous," she uttered. She eyed them up and down, wondering what caused nature to create such wonderful beings.

It made her want to become one for just a short time...which is probably why she randomly shifted into one.

((Sorry this is so crappy...I wrote this whilst multitasking. I'll change it if necessary.

Naia: VIIIIXEEEENS! 8D

HUSH, YOU! D8 ))

Anonymous

(Lmao! Holy crap, Naia has some...ah...strange 'talents'! Oh, and just cuz I sorta didn't mention it, both Aoi and Adi also have human ears, and they both have two black rectangles on each cheek, at an angle ^^)

Aoi was not one to take much notice of her audience when performing, even when it was an impromptu show such as this. Besides, when in a full-out dance with her katanas and whip, she couldn't afford to get distracted.
However...
...She hadn't seen another of her kind, other than Adi, in such a long time that when her dancing brought her around to face the strange man, she nearly tripped in surprise.

Adi gasped as she saw Aoi's near slip up, and followed her intense green gaze to the man...that looked like them! Hugging the two swords to her chest, Adi quickly wove her way through the crowd to stand somewhat discretely next to the man.
At only 15 years of age, her slender frame was 5'1" and probably didn't compare to the male's. But still, she peeked up at him with dark blue eyes, half wary of him because he was male, and half intrigued because he appeared to be the same as herself and Aoi.

And speaking of Aoi, she quickly wrapped up the dance, and then gave a bow. The crowd errupted into appause, coins of various value falling at her feet from random generous onlookers. Aoi kept up a professional smile, while inside she was giggling a bit at the fact that people really did seem to find her talented. This had all started out as a training run, and had become a non-official show!
With practiced grace, Aoi knelt and began picking up the coins, pretending to ignore the man who had nearly made her mess up for the first time in years.
"Adi, come here and help me."

With a start, the younger fox girl ran over to her friend. "Yes! Oh, wait!" Running yet again, she stashed the katanas in the little cart in which all their belongings lay. It was hooked up to a buckskin pony with white locks and big flat hooves made for travel.
Grabbing a bag, she ran back, and knelt with Aoi, letting the other fox girl scoop the coins into the sack.
"Wow, what alot of accidental money!" She excaimed with a grin, at the same time shooting Aoi a look, her back to the man.
Aoi smirked. "Yeah." But caught the look none the less. Adi was, of course, worried about the man. But she could also tell Adi was about as curious as she was...

Anonymous

((Yes. Yes, she does. And I left those features out so that they could somewhat identify her as an imposter.))

Naia smiled as she looked down at Adi, noticing how the short young woman kept looking up at her. Her smile was very sly, a smile that caused her tail to twitch. She shook her head, her reddish hair swaying from side to side in a graceful manner.  

Bending down on one knee, she handed a small handful of coins to Adi, her voice a suave, smooth melody in the air. "Wonderful," she said, "Absolutely...enchanting."

There wasn't much else to say to them--how could she explain that her impulses had simply made her a fox-man? Well, as far as she was concerned, she'd be better off not saying anything to the two...

Anonymous

(Ah, alrighty! ^^)

Aoi glanced up as the man came to kneel by them, and Adi gulped alittle and took the coins with a bow of her head.
"Thank you sir..."
Though his words made her eyes snap back up to his face, and she looked at him warily, a frown pulling on the ends of her mouth.
Aoi, on the other hand, only blushed alittle under her skin, which was far paler than Adi's.
"Ah, right, thanks." She said, glancing over at Adi as the girl put these last coins into the sack. They then both stood, and the first thing Adi did?

She latched onto Aoi's midsection possessively, staring defensively up at the man. Aoi was totally used to it. Adi got like that around any male that showed the least bit of interest in her...
Hiding any emotion, Aoi bowed to the man.
"Thank you for your donation." She then glanced up at his ears.
Erggg...to ask or not to ask. Bah, would she be able to live with herself knowing she passed up an opportunity to ask about someone who might also be like them?
Drat drat drat....
Come ooooon.....
Do it! Do it! Doitdoitdoitdoit!!

And thus went Aoi's strange, and very hidden, thoughts.

"Ah, sir? I couldn't help but notice...you look rather similar to me and my companion. Where exactly are you from, if you don't mind my asking...?"
Of course, this made Adi tense up. Sure, she wanted to know too, but...it was a man! They should just turn around and leave before this guy tried to steal Aoi away!
But Aoi stood firm, even as Adi pulled very subtly on her. Nope, she wasn't gonna leave until she had her answer!

Anonymous

Oh, Naia wanted to laugh so hard right now!

Priceless--two young maidens were buying her act! Wonderful! But, of course, something was in her speech that caused one to frown at her. Shrugging and backing into the crowd, she said, "Maybe I shouldn't speak, since, that one," she said nodding to the one who had latched on to the other, "seems to deem me frightening in some way."

Yeah, I don't blame you kid. He isn't a he! He's a--! "But...lovely performance. Not a flaw in sight." The words were still slick as oil and suave, meant to lure the two into her prank. Yes, her prank. Naia was crazy enough to pull others through crazy pranks. Why? Well, let's...let's just say others are willing to become companions with her other sides than her smiley, creepy side.

Oh, Naia wanted to laugh so hard right now! She had them in her grasp. Lure them in, lure them in, and once the follow, let the games begin...

Anonymous

Aoi blinked at the man's words, then glanced down at Adi. Immediately, her bright green eyes rolled. There she went again, being protective...
"Here Adi, take the gold and put it in the cart." With that, she shoved the sack into Adi's arms, forcing her to remove them from around her waist.
The younger girl, with a pout on her face, turned and ran to the cart to do as she was told.
"Sorry, Adi's just like that around men in general." She said flatly, always careful to not let too much emotion leak into her voice.
"Anyway...thank you for your words. My name is Aoi, and you should come see one of my real shows if you liked this so much." Standard proceedure, tell people who are interested you name so they can find your shows later.

And since he had not answered her question before, she was blunt enough to ask it again.
"Where are you from sir?"

Anonymous

Yet again, Naia ignored her question. "Maybe I will--one day. Yes, I may attend if I find enough time to. And don't consider my compliment as just words," she said, arching a mischevious brow. "Compliments don't roll easily off my tongue like that, you know."

Glancing at the pouting young girl, he...I mean...she smiled. "I wonder why. Is she the jealous type?" She chuckled, knowing that young siblings were always protective of their elder siblings.

"Sor--sorcer--!" Oh, God. It was him again. "Where did she go?!"

"Where did who go, sir?" Naia asked, having too much fun being incognito.

"The sorceror! She--she ate my food at the diner for free...she was a cat...then...then she turned into a woman!" Ah, geez. Would he ever get over it? "She needs to pay me!"

Hiccup. She forgot she never left any cash behind...that was because she had no cash to leave behind. Eyes growing bright with worry, she egged on. "Oh, my. Well, what did she look like, young sir?"

"Well...all I remember was the little wristlet she had on. It had all sorts of diamonds and...and emeralds on it. It looked handmade." Slowly and instinctively, Naia's hand went to her wrist, pulling the beautiful wristlet with the bejeweled charms off and putting it in her jacket pocket.

"Ah. Well, good luck finding her."

"Wait--what was that?"

Hiccup. Her normal smile--the creepier one--returned. "Just a few bits of coins I decided to give this young lady here."

The man blinked at her smile. Oh, geez. She'd forgotten that her smile was...signature. "You. You!" Storming over to Naia, he raised an index finger to her. "Do you know how much money you owe me?"

Her fox ears went down and her tail went under her legs, turning her head away. "It wasn't me! I promise you it wasn't...!"

"I saw the wristlet! Now where'd it...?" The man reached up to the pocket just above her bosom and Naia blinked flatly at him. The flat gaze made him stop.

"Don't...touch me."

"Why not? I want to che--"

Her tail and ears still in a submissive pose she narrowed her eyes. "Don't touch me."

There was a crowd drawing about, wanting to see what the fuss was all about. "All right, look, girly, quit pretending and gimme the--AAUGH!" The second time he reached for the pocket, Naia's hand quickly grabbed his shoulder, swung around to face his back, grabbed the arm that was reaching up for the bracelet, then yanked on it, pushing on his shoulder. Stuck in that position, he was sure to leave her pockets alone.

"I said don't touch me."

"AHH! I just want t--AAAH!" Naia pushed harder on the man's shoulder.

"I'll break you if you want me to."

"Okay! Okay! Just stop!"

"No--it wasn't me. Got it? Some girl is around here that maybe has a bracelet that looks like the silver I was giving to Aoi here," she said, jerking a head at Aoi. With a pained look in his face, the man turned his head to try and look at Aoi. "But I assure you that it wasn't me. So don't touch me."

"Fine! Fine!" She let him go, watching him grasp his shoulder, then back out of the crowd and walk down the street, calling out for the shapeshifter.

The shapeshifter who was standing before him just then.

"Hiccup!" Uh-oh. Usually, when Naia was upset with someone, hiccups would arise and she would slowly start to change into some random animal or person of some sort. "Oh, my. Anyone have a glass of water?"

Anonymous

Aoi blinked. Ooookay, he was so totally dodging that particular question. Huh...well, it wasn't really her place to prod. She wanted to prod, of course. Prodprodprod...
But she wouldn't. Besides, what if something horrible had happened to him and that's why he didn't want to talk about it?
Yeah, she had better just drop it then...

She did blush slightly at his words, glancing off to the side slightly. She wasn't sure what to say in response to that, so she said nothing. Her tail's constant flicking froze until only the tip twitched.
Luckily, he changed the subject to Adi, and Aoi sighed.
"Eh, jealousy might be it. She never gives me a straight answer when I ask about it."
And speaking of Adi, she came trotting back, and took hold of Aoi's hand, her head hung so she wouldn't have to look at either of them. Aoi, at 5'5", was a good 4 inches taller than her little companion, so glanced down at the top of her head briefly. Great, now she was sulking...

And then a little bit of hell broke loose.

Aoi and Adi both turned toward the man as he came nearer, though their ears swiveled first, as if pulling their heads along. A Sorcerer? Huh, sounded like pretty serious stuff...
But then, his discription made Aoi frown alittle. Idiot, not just sorcerers could do that! What about shapechangers?? Duh...
Then, the man accused the fox guy of being said cat-turned-woman.
Oookay...
Aoi glanced over at him, and Adi was staring at him out-right. They were both wondering if maybe he was a girl...

However, there seemed to be a 'no touching' rule they had not known about. For the fox guy seemed rather keen on not letting this human touch him. At all.
And thus came the violence for the day.
Aoi's ears flipped back a bit as the man kept screaming, a frown on her face. Ok, it couldn't hurt that bad, he didn't need to make so much noise...
Adi, on the other hand, was horrified, and was once again clinging to Aoi's midsection. That fox guy was mean! There was no way she would let him touch her Aoi!!

Once all was said and done, Aoi just blinked, not entirely sure what to say. Of course, it was then he asked for water...
"Adi." She sighed, and Adi pouted before turning and marching off to get the fox guy some water.
"Sooo..." Aoi scratched at the back of her head, looking around. What exactly did one say after all that?
Are you really a female shapechanger??
Would that be too rude to say...?
Maybe...
Adi came back with a flask of water, and jerkily handed it to the man, her head down so he couldn't see her face.
Aoi couldn't help but smirk alittle at Adi's antics. Wow, she really didn't like him, huh?

Anonymous

He…SHE…noticed the awkward feeling in Aoi’s voice and bowed her  head, letting her lovely reddish-brown hair fall in front of her face. “Many apologies. I’ve had a problem with men such as those accusing me of something I haven’t done and…â€? she let her voice trail off, as if to suggest that something disturbing was keeping her mouth shut.

Aoi, with one word, commanded the littler vixen-girl to retrieve her water. Lifting up her head, Naia noticed how she had scared the little one. Poor thingâ€"she didn’t mean to. The hurt in her eyes was visible.

No one should hurt a childâ€"even if it’s unintentional or indirect.

As she took the glass, she knelt down, hiccupping again, until she could see the girl’s face. “Thank you,� she said in her gentlest voice. “I appreciate how cooperative you are.� Standing, she drank as civilized as she could, trying to not look like she was attempting to stuff some weird secret down her throat.

Her green eyes fluttered. Wait a minute. She turned to Aoi, but only smiled as if looking for conversation. She’d made Aoi blush. Interesting.

“Well, Aoi,� she muttered, taking the flagon and running his fingers on the top of it, a crystal sound emitting from it. “I, ah…like I said I enjoyed your performance…� Awkward… “…and…well…� The awkwardness of it all made her hiccup one last time. “I figure I shall watch you another time. And hopefully the performance won’t end like it did today,� she added, referring to that blasted human. He’d almost given her away! What was he thinking? Barmy young man…

She handed the flask back to Adi, thanking her with soft words yet again. “Waâ€"wait a minute…â€? Looking into Adi’s eyes, she smiled. “Ahh. You know, such a kind young lady as yourself…â€? She said, reaching into a cargo pocket in her jacket, “…deserves a reward. Just because it’s a beautiful day…and you’re here to enjoy it with the world.â€? Out of her pocket came a silver box. She turned it about to Adi and opened it. Inside was a teeny little figure of a teddy bear with a black and silver bow about its neck. It sat on a raised platform as a soft, pretty tune played from within. It almost sounded as if a symphony had been placed right inside the little boxâ€"the strings, the harps, the brass…it was all there.

In that enchanted box that an old friend had given her when she was little.

((Random and crappy! XD Sorry--I'm still trying to figure her out right now...))

Anonymous

Aoi sighed and shrugged. "Nah, it's alright, people can get rowdy at my preformances too. I'm used to idiots."
Hmm, that didn't quite come out how she had meant it to...
Oh well, the basic point had gotten across. Um, more or less. Maybe...?
Ah, whatever!

Adi tried to shrink away from the man, but finally looked up at him as he came down to her level. Her lips were pressed together tightly, her ears flattened to her head. At his thanks though, she relaxed alittle and looked away, managing a weak nod in response.
Ok, so maybe he wasn't so bad...
Maybe...

Aoi blinked at him as he began to speak, expecting something alittle more substantial than what he said.
Yeah, awkward...
She shifted alittle, waiting for him to finish trying to spit out whatever it was he wanted to say. Which...she wasn't really sure what he was trying to say.
"Well...I think I might actually have a performance tomorrow night..." It was the only response she could come up with.

Adi stiffly took the flask back, then blinked at the man as he spoke to her. Her dark blue eyes watched his hand as it dipped into one of his pockets, her ears swiveled forward to hear what he said.
Kind young lady...?
Reward...?
The young fox girl blushed alittle. In all her 15 years of life, she hadn't ever gotten a compliment from a man.
But all thoughts washed away when the silver box was revealed and opened.
"Oh wow!" She squeaked, leaning forward to look at the tiny bear as the beautiful little song played out. Aoi leaned forward too, glancing over Adi's shoulder at the little wonder in his hands.
"It's so pretty!" Adi exclaimed, and Aoi grinned. It really was a lovely trinket. The sort of thing that could hold the attention of the young with ease. Even though she was 18, Aoi had about the attention of a youngling, so was about as enraptured with it as Adi was.

And neither of them thought to take it from him either. They were too busy staring at it and listening to its tune.
To Adi, just getting to see it counted as a reward.

(Lol, tis ok! These guys are new too, so I'm trying to work on them as well)

Anonymous

Idiots…
Yes! Idiots like herself! That made sense.

A performance…tomorrow? She may not remember the exact features that she had come up with at such short notice…and may mess something up. Like adding something that was unneeded. She would have to make her façade disappear by tomorrow…

But how?

A task, indeed.

She beamed at their reactions to the music box, not quite expecting Aoi to be fascinated with it as well. She let the tune continue to playâ€"it would play for the entire time it was open…no winding of a key required. And there were two songs that it had. Of course, they were so similar to one another that it sounded just like one long, beautiful song. She gentlyâ€"and cautiouslyâ€"reached up and took Adi’s hand softly, turning her palm upwards. “Take it. It’s a great way to fall asleep at night.â€? She placed the silver music box in Adi’s hand.  

Putting a hand on her knee, she pulled herself back up, rolling her shoulders. “Well.� She smiled and winked at the two fascinated young women. “I bid you adieu.� Turning about on her heel, she headed towards nowhere in particular, her bushy tail wagging.

Wagging tail + ladies=happiness=misinterpretation=Holy crap! Stoppit!

Blushing, she turned about and tried to stop itâ€"and failed in doing so. Looking up at the two, she smiled sheepishly, turned again, and walked a little brisker than before. Dammit…did she always have to look like an idiot?

Anonymous

Adi did not put up a fight as her hand was gently turned over, though she did gasp as the box was placed in it.
Her blue eyes quickly snapped up to the man's.
"F-for me?? Are you serious???"
This was the greatest gift she had ever gotten! Giggling, she went back to staring at it, listening to its beautiful song.

Aoi looked up as he stood however, though she herself didn't bother to straighten, one hand on Adi's back as she hunched.
"Oh, well thank you very much. Good bye sir."
She never had caught his name...
Weird.
And weirder?

His tail was wagging...

She snorted, one light green eye twitching as she tried not to laugh. She actually had to bite Adi's large fox ear to stop herself, and the younger girl yipped before her own gaze snapped up to catch the man's embarrassed look, and his wagging tail.
She blanched, then blushed, the music box closing with a snap.
They both had totally opposite reactions to the misinterpretation of his tail, but both were rather amusing to see.

That night the two lay curled in their covered cart, getting ready for bed. Tomorrow they had alot of work to do. They had to check in with the stage hands, get everything ready, and get some practice in before Aoi's show that night.
Adi turned over and opened the silver box, staring dreamily at the little bear as the song played out.
Her older companion grinned and tweaked her tail.
"So you're gonna take his advice, huh?"
Adi blushed and closed it, then turned herself around and buried her face into Aoi's chest, holding the girl tighter.
"Nuh-uh! He has to be a pervert! His tail was wagging!!"
Finally, Aoi just laughed, petting Adi's long white hair.
"S-sorry...that was funny...ah, the poor guy..."
Adi hmphed and closed her eyes, using Aoi as a living teddybear.

The sun rose, but did not penetrate the canvas of their cart, so the two fox girls slept on, curled against one another peacefully, each dressed in an over-sized shirt.

Anonymous

Penetrating the morning was a terribly frightened Naia.

She couldn’t change back.

Her incessant screaming caused a neighbor to let loose her mammoth dog to shut himâ€"uh…HER…up.

Beating it down the street, she outran the canine for…oh…about a good fifteen minutes. Then…

…it tripped her. “AAAAAAUGH!� Falling, the dog proceeded to latch onto Naia’s neck, growling menacingly. Its happy yellow fur was all standing up on its back, tail held high in the air.

Naia, however, had her ears down, her tail under herâ€"great. She got up into a sitting position, arms raised in submission. “Okay…okay, I givâ€"aaaah! Okay!â€? The dog shook her to shut her up. “Please…hey, lady? Get your dooâ€"aaah! Okay! Ooookay…â€?

Glancing up, he hoped someone would helpâ€"however, the only responses she received from those looking out their windows was a smirk and…well…all they did was laugh and go back to bed.

“Please…oh, please, let me go…Throw me in the briar patchâ€"aAAAUGH! Okay! Okay, you don’t have to.â€? The dog kept shaking her, apparently liking the fact that it was drawing large amounts of blood.

Too afraid to hit the dog, Naia stayed there, enduring this for who knows how long. “Ohhhhhh, oh, please! Please let me go…�

Anonymous

That dog's head didn't do much shaking after that.
Instead, it did a bit of rolling instead.
For it was no longer attatched to its body, which fell over in a twitching heap, blood gushing forth from its neck for a few meager seconds.

Aoi, barefoot, still in that large t-shirt, stood in front of the man from yesterday. In her left hand she clutched the shiny black sheath for her sword. That sword was in her right hand, and was currenly stained crimson.
The look on her face was both cold and annoyed.

For lack of anywhere else to do this, she wiped the katana carefully across the shirt on her thigh, then resheathed it before kneeling down next to the man.
"Hey, are you ok?"
Even as she spoke, she was pulling his head down gently with her free hand, inspecting the tear wounds in his neck.
"Christ...alright, come with me, we have got to get you wrapped up before you bleed to death."

Anonymous

Once it was over, Naia stayed sitting there, quivering like mad. She couldn’t turn back…she’d just been attacked. What next?

As Aoi proceeded to pull Naia’s head down, she hissed in pain. “Aiee…� The noise wasn’t meant to make her stop moving her head as much as it was just a reaction to the pain. Was it really that bad? Bleed to death?
Well…
Blood was running down her backside. She stood, still shaking, and looked at Aoi with a pained smile. “Lead the way, Miss Aoi…,� she stammered.

What a great second impression.

She straightened her jacketâ€"as if that would’ve helped the situationâ€"and kept her head down to keep from hurting herself anymore.

Anonymous

Most people were horrified when she killed things.
Well...
That was a refreshing change.

Nodding, Aoi took his hand and pulled him along after her, walking briskly because the sooner she got him to the cart, the sooner she could wrap up his neck.
Upon arriving at their makeshift home, she released his hand and threw the back flap up.
"Adi, get up!"
She called, scurrying into the cart. It was a good thing the shirt was so long, otherwise she would have flashed him.

Adi jumped up wiht a squeak, and since the flap had closed, she had no idea what was going on.
"Huh...?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes.
Aoi didn't have time to explain. Setting her katana down with its twin, she grabbed the first aid bundle and tucked it under her arm. She then slid out of the cart, bare legs first, pushing the flap out of the way as her torso emerged.
"Alright, sit still."
With that, she forced him to kneel so she could better reach his neck. Pulling out a flask of water and the disinfecting salve, she held his hair out of the way and used the water in the flask to wash away the excess blood.
Then, with gentle care, the rubbed some of the salve over each of the tear marks, her face a flat look of concentration.
Adi peeked her tired head out of the cart, then squeaked at the bloody scene.
"Ah, what happened!?"

Aoi shook her head, not answering, as she was reaching for the gauze and began to wrap the man's neck quickly but carefully. She also made sure to use approporiate pressure. Just enough to keep it from bleeding, but not so much as to cut of circulation.
He really could have died if that dog had kept shaking him by the throat...

Anonymous

((XD Oops! I completely forgot to have Naia flip out--that's okay, though. She's insane anyways, right?))

She followed Aoi easily, using her newly aquired long legs to help her stride along behind her.

She didn't notice as Aoi had scrambled into the cart--or the fact that she could've given Naia a lovely piece of eye candy--because her eyes were shut so tight from the pain of just having the wounds out in the open, dirty air.

"All right," she muttered, blinking at being forced to her knees. Well...this must be serious.

Hearing the squeal of the younger vixen, Naia's frown quickly softened and dissolved into a pained smile. "Good morning, Miss Adi. I apologize for the mess...a dog attacked me." She couldn't say more than that so that her disguise wouldn't be given away.

As Aoi began wrapping her throat, she thanked her softly. Then, to break the solemn atmosphere, "Miss Adi--did you ever listen to the music box when you went to rest last night?"[/b]

Anonymous

(Lol, I kinda figured you forgot, or that it was cuz Naia is insane ^^)

Finally, once all was done, Aoi took a moment to make sure she had secured everything properly.
No problems.
Thank goodness...

Adi gulped. "Uh...g-good morning..." She glanced up at Aoi, and then to the blood on her shirt.
"You killed it, huh?"
Aoi just nodded, then sighed.
"Alright Adi, come out here and watch him for me. I gotta get changed..."
She crawled back into the cart, and Adi hopped out of it, wearing an identical white shirt, though hers had a hole in the back for her fairy-like wings.
That was when he asked her about the music box. Flushing with pink, she turned her face away.
"Just for a little bit..." She mumbled.

Inside, Aoi stripped out of the blood stained shirt (which was no regrettably useless, blood never did come out of stuff, especially white stuff) and then got dressed in her usual clothing. It was kind of an awkward procedure to complete inside the cramped cart, which left Adi and the man to speak while they waited.

(Ew, that was a crappy post...sorry >_<)