Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Drawing in the Dust

Started by Anonymous, January 25, 2005, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ayvi sat on the side of a lesser-used road, making what seemed like strange, arcane symbols in the dirt on the side of the path with a stick. Upon looking closer, however, they were just doodles. Her black hair, tied back iwth a strip of leather, looked like it could badly use a trim, and her overtunic was well-worn and threadbare. She really should get a new one, she knew, but she was rather attatched to this one. After all, she didn't know if she could get used to clothes that insulated ehr and clocked out the weather. It might shock her to death.

She sighed; she had come to this village from Adela for a bit of change. however, things seemed rather the same. And her plans didn't entail going back for another few days. Plenty of time to prefect her dust-doodles. Maybe she could market them as decoration in plaster somewhere.

Sighing again, she got up to sit back down in the shade of a scraggly tree a bit farther away from the road. The midday sun was beating down on her arms and neck, and she just knew she would burn. So much for relaxing.

"Well, isn't this just lovely?" she muttered to herself sarcastically.

Anonymous

Damion trudges down that same road, a short cut he remebered from childhood. Behind him, he heard a flutter and a high pitched giggling.

'Dami! Look a biiiird!"

Damion rolled his eyes, and looked back down at the road, stil steadily trudging along with his shoulders huched up and looking imtimidating. He didn't feel it though.... not with that stupid Flitten flying all around him. He re adjusted his pack, and realized he just stepped on someone's stick. Damion looked down at the girl with his good eye.

" ' Lo there."

Anonymous

She paused, frozen for a moment. Then she looked up, a scowl on her face. Slowly, she raised an eyebrow to the impudent person who had broken her stick. She opened her mouth, planning to say something not very nice. It hadn't been a very good day.

But as soon as she caught sight of the Flitten, the scowl immidiately dissapated, and a smile replaced it.  It really was rather funny, as after a moment she realized the flitten and the trudging, grumpy-looking man were together. They were rather incongruous, which, of course, contributed greatly to the comedic factor.

"Why.. hello!" Ayvi smiled at him,. but it was really more like a half-grin that slightly twisted one side of her face, making her seem off-balance somehow. "Er, is he yours?" she asked, indicating the small winged cat, strungling with laughter as he twisted and turned in the air.

Anonymous

Damion didn't smile. Not yet at least. He squats down neck to her, picking up the broken peice of the stick and handing them to her, scratching his head with his other hand.

"Sorry about that MiLady..."

The Flitten appears at his shoulder, and in a high pitched, but cute voice:

"At least he's polite to you! Hellooo Miss Stick drawing Lady Ma'am!"

Damion swats a hand halfheartedly at the Flitten, who batted it with a paw.

"Ignore the him... 'nd no, he isn't mine, he just kinda... follows me around."

Sends a glare to the creature, who is now batting at Ayvi's hair

Anonymous

She laughed, her smile softening slightly. "It's just a stick. Easily replaceable. See?"

To prove her point, she picked up another stick off the ground, and waved it around a bit, and swiped it in the dust, stirring up a could of it. Ayvi wrinkled her nose and coughed, waving her hand in front of her face to clear the air.

"Terribly sorry," she said, coughing again. "Didn't mean for that."

Idly, she reached up to pet the little creature hovering around her head. Then she straightened, brushing dust off her shirt and trousers. After a moment, she held out her hand to the man.

"I'm Ayvi, by the way," she said, head tilted slightly to one side, waiting.

Anonymous

The Flitten flies up to look her in the eye, it's green eyes sparkling.

"I'm Ichi Fluffums, at your service!"  The creature does a quick flip in the air.

Damion stands slowly, with and even slower smile. He coughs once running his hand oer his face, and shrugs.

"My name's Damion. Damion Constantine... of Constantine Armoury."

Doubts she's heard of it... such a small place, but one can hope.  He wiping off the dust from his hands before taking her and shaking it.

OCC(have to go, terrible sorry... mum about to kill me)

Anonymous

She laughed again, obviously finding the little flitten very amusing. Not her fault, though. She never had a pet growing up, despite the fact that she loved cats.

"Nice to meet you, Ichi," she said, smiling at him. Then she turned to Damion, and nodded politely. "And you also. Owner or apprentice?" she asked, referring to the armoury, of course. While waiting, she studied his face. It was a rather interesting one; you didn't meet many with eyepatches these days. Or, at least, Ayvi didn't. Anyway, she enjoyed learning faces. It gave an identity to an otherwise anonymous world. And it alliviated the boredom a bit.

Ayvi shifted from foot to foot in thick leather boots, rolling her shoulders. After a moment, she leaned back against the tree nearby, then almost immediately stood up straight again. This wierd restlessness always seemed to set in at about midday, or late in the afternoon, when one's just sitting about, idly wondering. in this case, it seemed to be the former.

Anonymous

The flitten draped it self over Avyi's shoulders, peering up at her.

Damion smiled crookedly, and looked at her. "Future owner I suspect, unless Father disowns me." Idly, he scratches his beard looking deep in thought. " But I don't think I've done anything yet."

Ichi meanwhile is whipsering in a sing-song voice, swishing his tail " I have a new friend, I have a new freind."

Damion shuffled his feet, kicking up light dust clouds, thinking about what to say.

"So, are you interested in Armour or.." Grins "Shiny things?"

Anonymous

Ayvi grinned almost sheepishly, and the lightest of flushes dusted the top of her cheekbones as she laughed.

"Well, both, if you really get down to it," she said, matching his grin with one of her own. "And I figure the shiny armour has gotta protect one a bit more than the stuff made from cattle. Well, cattle skins. Or whatever. I can make neither, but both are helpful. And I like to know a little about things that are potentially helpful." Her grin turned slightly mischevious.

Almost without thinking, she peeled teh bark from the small-ish stick she held in her hands, so that the path it left made an eerie twisting pattern around the length of it. Quite soon, she had finished, and examined it critcally, then tossed it aside without another thought.

"So, any tips?" she said, still ginning faintly and scratching behind the flittens ears. It was a very affectionate little thing, indeed.