Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Girls and their Pets...

Started by Anonymous, September 06, 2006, 05:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(ooc: Well, I’m playing it like he’s been there for a while, so it’s cool if someone is used to his antics or just met him. He’s not very close to a lot of people, but I want to give him one or two authority figures he’s submissive to…sorta, lol. Not saying the extras in the scene are anyone in particular, but...they can be)

Echelon stood in the shadows of the high second level balcony watching the people move about the castle foyer with a glint of fanatic excitement in his eyes. His feet snug and warm in deep crimson velvet shoes, he was just itching to move from his hiding place, waiting for the right moment to reveal himself to these idle nobles. He tapped his foot anxiously as a group of ladies entered the foyer and started gossiping amongst themselves. But he really was waiting for someone of more importance to masque with. He had seen the regent arrive earlier and was really waiting for someone like him or another noble official to enter his stage.

He yearned to jump down and grab a hold of the chandelier, swinging into those poor lives with a roar of excitement. But no a polished actor thought thoroughly every line, every thought and emotion that he would portray. One just didn’t simply jump into someone’s path without preparing first. But then again, preparing too much wouldn’t be as fun as just improvising his way into an introduction.

Echelon climbed onto the railing outlining the second floor of the castle, squatted for a moment as the weight of his garments shifted, then stood tall, grasping the column next to him for support that he had been hiding behind. The light in the foyer seemed to burn at an intensity that matched the fire that sprang to life in him, his feet place firmly on the balustrade, one hand outstretched as if reaching to take an invisible lover’s hand. Right on cue as if they were fated to meet, the unfamiliar face made his way inside, a noble by the looks of him, someone who had stopped to speak to one of the ladies still standing around in the entrance hall.

This one will have to do. Yes, not exactly a large audience, but it would have to do!

Echelon closed his eyes, feeling the life of Szuaku, his other “self� come to life in him. Yes, that is who he was. Prince no longer, he was the fox-demon of poetry and tragedy, bringing beauty and danger to these poor miserable little bored nobles. Yes, he would help them pass the time in his gracious presence. He would be their hero.

He wailed suddenly his voice echoing throughout the castle, drawing the attention of all present to the flavorful man dressed in foreign attire.

Underneath his extravagant blood-red printed kimono he wore an array of spectacular garments: appearing ethereal as if it were a part of his body, a soft slip of pure white and silver gauze clung to him like second skin; over that a robe hung open just a shade darker than the red of his kimono and appeared almost black in the shadows. Slightly hidden underneath all this glamour a thick black sash covered most of his stomach, pressed tightly against the slip. All these layers were held into place by gold and black braids that twisted about his waist and hips, the ends hanging loosely down in-between his legs. His pants were made of the same silvery gauze as his slip and draped about his legs in pretty fluffs making him seem like some sort of harem girl ready to dance. A red skirt hid most of his lower torso and was made out of a metallic yet soft fabric and was painted in gold to resemble fish scales.

A beaded red pearl necklace tinkled against his chest, and the red feathers that dangled at his heart pranced around to his slightest movement. Hair that matched his very own blood cascaded in pretty lines over a delicate shoulder, pulled taught by an elegant ivory comb, and long bangs blanketed one side of his face, adding just a touch of mortality to his whole god-like, spirit of the night appearance.

His face was the most startling thing about his costume. Painted to resemble a smiling fox-demon complete with pointy ears and made completely of pure porcelain, a mask hid his real identity from his public. He allowed for only a mere glimpse of dark plum stained lips and just a wink of that vivacious nature in his eyes. He was a bewitching sight to behold, springing to life as a demon stirring from the darkness after an eternity of sleep.

Yes, that is who he was. He was ready to play…

He wailed again this time as if in sorrow and raised his hands to his audience.

“FATE IS AGAINST ME!� he bellowed feigning shock with the back of his hand pressed against his forehead. “It is a tragedy,� he said suddenly, setting a sense of doom and gloom about the place. “A tragedy!� he said louder.

Suddenly he was flying, clutching tightly on that chandelier as he swung down to greet his guests, landing like a professional acrobat, arms outstretched.

(ooc: Yeah that is long! But he's wearing a heck of a LOT of clothes! LOL. Edited: The description some.)

Anonymous

A pair of deep violet eyes curiously watched the scene, seeming to almost completely unaffected by the startling display. A young woman stood by the sweeping banister, pale fingers playing with a piece of golden hair as she watched the man curiously.

The female wore a long black yukata, richly decorated with silver patterns and butterflies. A red silk ribbon was tied tightly around her waist, the ends of the bow nearly reaching the back of her knees. Silver charms were also visible glinting about her neck and wrists, and could even be seen hanging about her waist. A sapphire and black fan was in her idle hand, long tassels and bells chiming at the edges.

Blonde bangs parted as the she tilted her head with almost catlike curiosity. This gesture revealed a crescent moon directly in the center of her forehead. The mark, given to the girl at birth, helped symbolize her name among those of her clan. In this case, it meant "child of the moon". Kimira.

"Hm..." The ghost of a smile played on her lips as she watched the intriguing, albeit strange routine that was going on before her. "This may not be as boring as I first thought, it seems..." Kimira said softly, the hint of an accent on her voice.

Moving swiftly, she made her way a bit closer to the commotion, gossiping instantly ensuing behind her.

"Are those...They cannot be..."

"They cannot be real...Can they?"

This confusion broadened the smile on the female's face. The source? A pair of small, batlike wings protruding from Kimira's slender back. Small horns emerged from the tips of each one, giving them an almost devilish look, particullarly making them contrast with the rest of their owner's attire.

Tch...Fools...Of course they are real...Ah well...I best not ruin their philosophies...

Anonymous

(ooc: *glomps* It was good! Good start! Woot! Way to go!)

Echelon paused for dramatic effect and noticed a slight air about the room.

Not everyone’s attention was on him. Why? He always brought down the house.

He started when he felt the other girl’s presence and frowned behind the mask.

Oh, so someone who wants to steal my spotlight, eh?

Then he realized who it was.

Golden hair...
Violet eyes...
Crescent moon...
Blue mask adorned with intricate silver and red vines...

He couldn't help but admire her taste, however he tried not to chuckle that his savvy with style and elegance was far more superior to hers.

Yet it took all he had to contain his composure.

I am Szuaku, I am who I am, he repeated to himself…

Damn that Kimira! That little brat always follows me around!

Calm, remain calm...do not let them see you...

Echelon held his breath and pushed his annoyed thoughts from his mind and once again his stage brightened and opened up to him.

Pulling himself slowly into a standing position again, one leg forward as if he were about to dance he raised his hand andâ€"

A scream tore through the main hall as the chandelier broke free from its restraints. It tinkled lightly as it made its descend towards the floor over the boy.

In a swift effortless movement Echelon moved out of the way and skidded to a halt just mere inches from the towering mess of broken glass, candles, and pretty little trinkets. The dust cleared and he dusted himself off lightly seeming unaffected by the outcome of his play.

“My heart has been shattered," he said softly. "Tragedy."

He stalked the room, his gaze drifting to each of his audience members, some who had fallen to the ground to avoid the massive light fixture as it fell, some who looked positively horrified as the masked demon eyed each one of them. He came to life before their eyes just then, and to all the world he was Szuaku the demon of tragedy, and he would bring tragedy and romance to everyone he would ever meet.

Carefully he stopped, and to all the world he seemed almost catlike, stalking prey as he turned his fierce eyes upon one girl.

â€œShattered, as this chandelier has. My feelings have touched it. Tainted it. Destroyed it. Now who will bear with me this poor soul,â€? he said feigning horror by the stifling movements of his body. He jerked his head back and looked as if he were about to faint. But at the last possible moment he pulled himself together and he strolled forward and extended a hand to one of the girls who looked overcome with fright.

“Dear maiden. Do not fret your pretty little brow over me. I am unharmed. And I,� he said pulling her hand close to his heart, “shall take you from this dreadful scene. Away, we must depart!� And scooping the poor frightened girl in his arms and with long purposeful strides, left the room.

Once out of everyone’s line of sight he broke into a run the maiden in his arms screaming her head off.

Anonymous

((Thanks! X33))

Kimira could not hide the smirk that quickly appeared on her lips.

That fool...He is going to get massacred eventually if he does not stop carrying away random women...

As the screams met her ears, she sighed, giving a roll of her eyes.

I guess I might as well help the poor thing...Or else that fool Echelon shall give her a heart attack...

Whirling around in a swirl of black and silver, the blonde started off after the echoing screams of the girl. She glided easily though the ground, her presence now barely noticed, as all attention had turned to the broken chandelier and the "kidnapped" maiden.

As she reached the point where Echelon had started running, she quickened her pace slightly. She seemed to be almost sensing for a trace of the vanished actor.

Eventually, the sound of footsteps met Kimira's ears and once again her pace increased, almost out of instinct.

In mere moments, she had appeared next to her prey, smiling mischieviously.

"That was quite a risky attempt, you know...Your guests are in distress..." She glanced at the girl. "And I believe your 'passenger' is not very pleased either..."

Anonymous

Echelon stood still as the little girl again, got in his way.

Faint laughter came from the kidnapped girl unexpectedly. Then full laughter as Echelon dropped down beside her, facing her, and sat her in his lap. “Well Echelon dear, looks like we’ve been discovered.� She purred suddenly and ran a hand down his chest, her other wrapped around his shoulders possessively.

He wound a hand in her hair and bent his head slightly forward.

“Too true,� Echelon said mockingly behind the mask.

Echelon’s hand came up to slide part of his mask from his face, only revealing beautiful plum colored lips as he all of a sudden kissed the spirited away maiden. The light from a nearby window fell against his masked face as the two continued to kiss, a silence falling over the hall.

Kimira went ignored.

Rummaging through his layers of clothing he pulled out a few coins and curled them into the waiting girl’s open palm. “For your troubles.�

“Oh, I’m never troubled Echelon,� she said letting go of him and standing up. She looked back at Kimira and burst out laughing, patting the girl’s head like she was a child. “Same time tonight dear one?� she cooed looking over her shoulder at him.

Echelon inclined his red head and slid his mask back into place.

Standing he turned to Kimira and stared down at her nonchalant from his mask, overshadowing her with his height. “You, are a pest,� he said matter of fact.

Then he left.

(ooc: *laughs* I loved writing that!)

Anonymous

Kimira's eyes flared blood red furiously, a dangerous glint in their depths.

That WENCH!!! She just patted ME on the head! I should spear her through the back!

She whipped in a semi-circle, her anger then directed towards the man in front of her.

"I am NO little girl and NO pest, you perverted prince...Frankly, you are fortunate that I do not hex you this very moment and leave you to die the most miserable death I can conjure up..." An evil smile graced her lips. "And believe me...It would be QUITE uncomfortable..."

If it was not already obvious, Kimira had a capricious attitude. Even the smallest insult could send the seemingly weak girl into a blind attack of wrath. She could be docile one moment, then dangerously unpredictable the next. Having raised herself for most of her life was the cause of this almost bipolar nature.

For now, the young woman managed to restrain herself, pale hands clenched tightly into fists. In a flash, she was stalking off back down the corridor, cracks appearing in the walls and floors as she passed them by. Curses could be heard being hissed under her breath.

((XDDD As you can tell, Kimira-chan is NOT very pleased. She hates being tricked or made fun of...Oh! And I finally drew a new picture of her...Somewhat in her outfit...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39317115/ ))

Anonymous

By the time she had dragged the 4lb raw steak out of the kitchen door, the castle head chef was already hot on her trail. Tugging harder, Sirius backed away from the door, and then sliding the delicious meat against her tiny body began to run as fast as she could, the deafening thud of the man’s footsteps gaining on her.

There was no use, he would catch her, and then after that who knew what would happen next. She’d be probably cooked into a meat pie or something for having the gall to steal such expensive food from the royal kitchen. But Sirius just couldn’t pass it up. She hadn’t eaten for days having traveled around the countryside in search of--she didn’t know, something or someone to help her with her little problem.

Little was right. Once she had been of a proud race of canines called the Lapis, a breed standing much larger than the ordinary body of a puppy that she now found herself in. And also with strength and stamina to boot. Now she was just a spec in the world’s system, not reaching any higher than the ankle of a normal human being. Curse her mother for having the gall to do such a thing to her! To turn back time and transform her perfectly black and white Lapis body into that of a normal mutt! Curse her if she ever saw her again! One day she knew she would find the cure for her problem. One day. But right now her stomach was taking charge and making the decisions upstairs instead of her brain.

Panting wildly now her paws soar and dry against the cold floor she made a quick jerk to the right and made her way down a series of carpeted steps. She looked back. Damn, that mess of a man with his grizzled beard and soiled apron was still after her!

Big oaf , she thought hurtling her body to the bottom of the staircase and pausing to look over her shoulder. He was glaring down at her with a huge axe in his head.

A whimper caught in her throat and she took off again, not knowing how long she had been running or how long she could keep him away, when suddenly her head rammed right into someone’s leg, forcing her backwards and onto her back with a little bark and a cry.

Some pup she had turned out to be, she thought looking dizzyingly up at the girl overshadowing her. If only she had been in her true form and not in this body of some 12-week old puppy, she could have stolen that meat with ease, but no, now she was climbing upon all four paws, staggering about the girl’s legs, her black and white tail trapped underneath her feet. She slipped and fell again and looked up at the girl, a look on her frail little puppy face that said, “Save meeeee!�

Anonymous

Kimira glowered at the pleading animal at her feet. She was already in a foul mood, and had no desire to be whined around by a puppy.

"What do YOU want?!" She demanded irately, putting her hands on her hips.

However, her question was soon answered as she heard the loud steps of the chef. Her narrowed violet eyes, as well as her anger, were now directed towards this second disturbance. She frowned deeper at the sight of the axe.

In a flash, she was in front of the men, her hand on the weapon. She yanked it out of his large hands with surprising strength, then sent the butt of it slamming into his back.

"You are in my way...And do not go about swinging that thing in my face."

Without so much as a glance at Sirius, Kimira had already begun to stalk back in the direction of the main room. She needed somewhere to vent her anger without hurting someone...Too much.

Anonymous

Sirius sat down as the chef fell unconscious before her feet. Relaxed now and not even caring to say thank you she tore into the meat taking off big chunks and swallowing them. Casually she watched the girl retreat, noticing the girl seemed to be having a very bad bought of PMS or something. Curious. Something about the girl tugged at her, and Sirius got the distinct feeling this meeting had not been happenstance.

Finishing off what she could chew she suddenly took off following the girl at her heels, looking up to see if she noticed her or not. Not that she was trying to be a pest, but maybe she could get something out of it.

“Hmm, excuse me?� Sirius said jumping in front of the girl. “Do you live here? Do you know anywhere I could like ah, sleep for the night?�

(ooc: Excuse sucky post)

Anonymous

Kimira seemed slightly taken aback at the fact that the animal could speak, but soon regained her scowl.

"I do not live here, and I am VERY glad I do not." She hissed. "Several of these people would be dead if this place were my home."

The blonde glanced around, stalked over to a wall, and then slumped against it onto the floor.

"I just want to get out of here..." She muttered softly. "I should have known better than to come HERE for fun...Idiotic men and gossiping women frolicking about for no reason at all...This place is vile..."

With this spite-filled statement, Kimira leaned her head against the wall, amethyst eyes watching the ceiling.