Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tania's Training Routine. (open)

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2007, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tania kneeled near a small slope of rocks, in front of a small pond.  The wind blew leaves around strongly, spinning around, almost like a small twister. Her hair blew wild in the wind. She looked out towards the water, with an almost sorrowful look on her face.  Why am I here anyway? A single tear dropped down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it away. I probably should head back home.
  "Well, I might as well practice, since I'm here alone." She said to herself.

Tania stood up, and removed a scroll from her belt.
  "Terra," She said in a fairly low voice. The pile of rocks next to her began to levitate, and formed into one big round half-circle. Tania started slashing at the shield ferociously, without letting up abit. After about 30 seconds, her claws shattered the rocks, into little pebbles. "Hmmm," She sighed. "I need more of a challenge." She quickly leaped behind a tree, and then climbed up it, into the branches, looking around.  After a short while, she pounced down from the tree, and just stood there.

Anonymous

The mountains, probably one of the farthest places you can get from the sea. Mostly because they were so high and the only source of water for them was rain and snow, when lacking both there was none. Hydra was by no means a water creature, though he <I>was</I> certainly a creature of slight humanoid appearance. Standing just a few inches below seven feet, which oddly enough looked perfectly proportioned for his stature, he became an imposing figure. One people stare at. Who has really seen a green four armed man before with naturally purple hair, anyway? Hydra has, quite a few times, at least when he’s in a room alone and there’s a mirror available for him to preen in. His lower set of arms has two fingers and a thumb, this pair was usually crossed over his chest or hooked into his pants. Since he has yet to find a shirt that would fit him without ripping huge holes in it Hydra is usually topless. One hand, attached to the primary arm (y’know, the set of arms coming from his shoulders?) rested lightly on a tree, Hydra didn’t have any super human abilities, just able to punch more people at once and lift a bit more weight.

Light pink eyes watched, entranced while the tall cat woman was hitting rocks, no not just normal rocks <I>floating</I> rocks with claws. Hydra looked down at his bottom set of arms at their black thick nails, they weren’t very pretty hands, but they suit their purpose, more stocky than the normal human arms like his other pair. His hearing was pretty good though, pointed ears stuck out from his purple hair, which stood up on its own accord though he was the one who made the braids.

Resisting the urge to sputter when she destroyed the rocks and said something about a challenge, he then rose an eyebrow, well, he couldn’t think of anything tougher than a pile of <I>floating</I> rocks and all of a sudden. GONE! Blinking, he wished he had been doing drugs, so then for sure his mind would have been deceiving him, did cat women usually disappear like that? Hydra licked his fangs, (because what would a green skinned man with arms and purple hair be without a pair of fangs?) and looked around, going into the light clearing to look at the rocks. Now he knew why he was a sailin’ man, besides not being able to get a sunburn.

Frowning slightly, he turned around again and POOF! Cat woman! Out of nowhere! Again! Taking a deep breath and letting it out slightly, Hydra moved his lower set of arms to rest on his thighs while using the top left one to cover his heart. Her being right behind him startled him, bah, trees, his bane of existence because people could hide behind them.

�…Who… Are you?�

What can he say, he doesn’t get off the boat much, let alone talk to random people in the mountains. “Who are you� Was the politest thing that came to mind after all the nasty swears and it was never good to out right swear to someone, especially when they could cut up rocks. With their hand.

That was some nasty kung-fu.

Anonymous

Tania tried to keep her shock hidden behind her face. As she leapt down the tree, a green skinned creature with purple hair and four arms.  Who would just pop up in my private space? She thought to herself. She didn't often spend time around people nowadays, but she didn't think he was actually the usual sight. Tania quickly took another giant leap backwards, just to be sure that she was safe, being the cautios one that she is.

"Who am I?" She began slowly. "I am Tania, I live around here, and so, it is my duty to protect this area." She declared defensively. "If you plan on destroying these forests, youv'e got another thing coming." She quickly pointed towards the floor in front of Hydra, about 3 feet ahead of him with her index finger, and shot a small lightning bolt there out of her finger tip, setting the grass ablaze. "Oh, now what did you want?" The fire wasn't huge, it was merely a small one that coud be put out easily.

Truthfully, Tania wasn't a real violent person, but she had learned from experience many times before, then it would be beneficial to her cause to at least try to intimidate others, so as to avoid actual confrontation. She hadn't actually been totally intimidated by Hydra, but she did notice his pretty dominating physique, what with his height and all, however, much training in the wild could turn the weakest of people into fearless warriors, so living there all someones life would definately toughen one up. She glared at him, right in the eye, and pointed her claws in the direction of his face, slightly tilted up,(with his height of course, and her slouching and all.)

Anonymous

Hydra, being the sailor man he was and his lack of politeness nearly burst out laughing after she said whos he was and that it was her job to protect this place. After destroying some rocks and setting fire to the ground, right, now Hydra is going to take her really seriously. Rolling his pink eyes slightly, standing up with his back straight and both arms crossed over his chest, just looking at her. Tania huh? And she lived… Here? In the bush? Mmm, sounded sanitary in a very sarcastic sense. Hopefully he hadn’t tramped through any… Yeah, new train of thought. Looking at the cat lady with one eyebrow raised and looking at her finger before his eyes looked her up and down and nodding in approval. Not that his approval really meant anything, Hydra was a bit on the “Whee, breathing� side of life instead of “Sweet, we're on land. YAY! SEX!� Mostly because he didn’t really like it.

Pressing one of his hands to his forehead he looked at the girl, woman? And lightly bit his tongue before speaking.  â€œYou do know, that by protecting the forest means that <I>you’re</I> not allowed to blow up rocks and set fire to the grass too, right?â€? He motioned to the small fire that was slowly spreading out, not about to help her clean up a rather hot mess she created trying to intimidate him. Only thing that scared him so far was her jumping up into trees and poofing beside them again, other then that, not much could make him freak out. He was nearly seven feet tall had four arms and was green, surprised scared him, not lightly fire or unnaturally strong skinny tall kitty-people.

Hydra frowned slightly at her hostility, and put both pairs of hands on his hips, the lower pair hooking their thumbs into his pants and the larger normal looking pair, besides them being green, rested on his hips. “I was just wandering, I have to head back to the dock before the end of the week so I decided to explore. Sorry to disturb, you. Though, you should seriously think before you act and speak because you just pulled an oxymoron there. Never in my life have I seen someone bark to not destroy something, then set it on fire.� Hydra looked down at the ground then back at Tania, “ You should put that out by the way, before it spreads and you get into lots of trouble.� A solemn nod and Hydra moved his stance, still standing where he was when the odd girl made the fire in front of him. From a lightning bolt. Hydra looked up at the sky.

�Probably not a good idea to screw with the weather either, no one wants lightning in the dry season.� The green man didn’t know about farming seasons, or weather in general, knew he didn’t like hurricanes, mostly because he’s had to live through a few of those and they sucked. A light smile was on his face, he was serious about all the little things he said, but he hoped the smile would make it more… nice?

Anonymous

Tania frowned, without hiding her annoyance. She pulled out a scroll from her belt, and quietly replied. "I know what I'm doing." In a less than enthusiastic voice. She pointed it towards the fire, and in a low voice chanted "Inferno" three times. The fire quickly turned into a small spark, and Tania quickly dashed towards the spark, and stepped on it, so that it dissappeared. She put the scroll back under her belt, and pulled out a different one.

Tania wasn't at all busy. She was obviously bored, and anxious, a little irritable too, which obviously doesn't mix well. Many thoughts passed through hert mind, but she finally decided on one.

"Say, you said that you were just exploring right?" Without waiting for an answer, she continued. "Well, I don't have anything to do right now, so, would you have time to spar with me perhaps?" She said in the nicest, and yet fakest voice she could muster.

Anonymous

He had to keep from laughing. If his life depended on it, his laughter stayed inside his throat while his face smiled lightly in amusement. That was the funniest looking magic he’d ever seen and he’d seen lots of magic some with full blown incantations where the caster waved his arms around and made his voice echo and really really loud but this… This was neither big and impressive or silent. Inferno. Right. Clearing his throat softly he looked around before running a hand over the back of his head his purple eyes looking at this odd cat female again. Bah, every species the females were the same, confusing as all hell and just as annoying, can’t say that aloud though, this cat girls has fangs <I>and</I> claws. Eep.

When she looked at him and asked him if he was just here for exploring, he would have said “Yeah,â€? then she asked him to spar. Say what now? Hydra didn’t know much about forest explorers but he was pretty sure they had equipment with them and they wore shirts, and had a variety of things to, y’know, ensure survival out here.  He could hear the tone of her voice, she was obviously not a very happy… Camper… but that wasn’t his fault, all he did was wonder why the hell she was destroying things and burning the ground, now she wanted to fight him. Oi. Sure Hydra looked light a fighter, he could fight, fairly well for a guy with four arms that occasionally got tangled up in each other when he was in little fights. But he didn’t fight women, even unnaturally tall-clawed women, because they were still girls.

So, Hydra just looked at her, an eyebrow raised and his hands at his side. “Did… Just because I’m looking around the forest doesn’t mean that- … No, I won’t “spar� with you. “ Rolling his eyes slightly he looked her up and down before putting his weight on his left foot and crossing his arms over his chest, “Did I do something I’m unaware of, Miss. Tania?� Hydra really did want to know, he also realized just then that she didn’t even ask him his name yet. Oh well, she obviously didn’t care and he wasn’t about to spit it out.

Anonymous

Tania sighed again, and dashed behind him, like she had done at the time that they met. Her attention noticably drifted away from Hydra, and towards a flock of passing birds. She completely turned away from Hydra. and towards the birds, although nothing peculiar happened.

She sighed again, and turned her face towards Hydra again, less angry, and rowdy, but alittle more calm. "Well, if you don't want to... I suppose you probably should be heading back to wherever you were coming here from." She looked back towards the pond again, and then she faced Hydra again. "I had just assumed that since you looked very used to battle, you wouldn't have refused a challenge, but if you don't want to be beaten by a female, that's totally understandible."

Tania wasn't an expert on social skills, but she certainly did know how to slowly, and subtley push someone's buttons, and competitiveness certainly did run in everyone, and everything's blood. She knew what might get someones blood rushing, and she knew what might push someone over the edge, which some might consider childish.

"I do know that someone might be intimidated by my presense, so, I can totally understand that too.  Well, I suppose you should be on your way, as well as I." She said low, and dramaticly. Tania quickly dashed behind of a tree, and into it's thick branches, and leaves, out of plain sight, although she stood nearby.