Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Huge Blue House...

Started by Anonymous, January 22, 2007, 08:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Even if it had the looks of a couse, the terrain was actually more like that of a castle's, situaten in the outskirts of the town, the house that once belonged to an old and disgustingly rich lady, was now the home to a pair of brothers, Dante and Virgil, both of a race that was in the verge of extinction, Verispellis, humans, with the hability to transform into wolves at will, perhaps anyone who saw them would think that house was perhaps too much for two teenagers, but that's just how luck treated them lately, after all, it had much to make up for, their luck had been rather sucky the last years.

Three stories plus an attic, countless hallways and halls, a dining room, a kitchen where a modest house could fit, and different salons that had no particular use than being elegant and beautiful. A library and a magnificent stairway were only a few things that adorned this mansion, not to mention the gardens that could imitate a small forest, including the certal piece, a majestic apple tree.

This, was the house Dante had inherited, and this was the house he was living in with his brother Virgil... of course, Dante's warm heart had always been of the opinion that the house was perhaps too big for just the two of them, Virgil obviously disagreed, but Dante never took much consideration to Virgil's complaints, he was just like that. The decision was made... and Dante's house would become a guest house, by paying only a small amount of money, Dante allowed anyone to stay in his house, as long as it was needed...

A guest house, an inn or simply a place to eat dinner, Dante loved to feel his house wasn't empty... the only thing was, that he was perhaps too good to actually ask for money, and more often than not his guests ran away without paying, or simply refused to pay, claiming that "the water in the sink wasn't cold enough" of course, Dante never cared, even if that kind of stuff made Virgil's left eye twitch.

Dante had his house... and anyone was welcome to stay inside.

Anonymous

Satu and Enno's journey had been a long and rugged one; no matter where they turned rumors flew about the villages, keeping many people too vigilant for them. They always had to hide somewhere during the night, knowing that someone was sulking about the alleyways, looking for them to either turn into the authorities for impossibly large sums of money or to simply kill them.

Enno had Satu's kamas and his vermillion safely tucked away underneath his cloak. His hood was like a demon's shadow that loomed over his head, a sign of impending doom. Satu had told her brother innumerable amounts of time to take off the hood, but Enno, sensing things well before his little sister, knew better.

Before long, it began to rain, and Satu began to shiver and sneeze. Although the young woman was an experienced thief, she still had the cuteness of a young, young girl. She had a high-pitched sneeze and she cuddled close to her brother, who then wrapped her in his cloak to attempt to protect her from the cold.

"I keep telling you that outfit of yours will get you killed one cold day," Enno said. There was a great feeling of love in his voice.

"And I keep telling you that a jacket with my outfit will clash," she laughed, her teeth audibly clacking against each other.

They came upon a castle-like house with a large garden. Satu's mellowed-out, blue eyes looked up at the castle and smiled. This would be the first castle she'd ever approach in her life.

Enno stepped up with Satu still bundled up underneath his cloak with him and used the heavy doorknocker to bring the house to life. He took a step back and looked down at his sister. He laughed softly. "This reminds me of the kangaroo we saw when we got lost last year." Satu smiled at this before sneezing again. "You've caught a cold, haven't you? Hopefully they'll open up."

"How come you're so talkative today?"

"I'm not sure...maybe so I can get used to talking to whoever's beyond this door..."

((Sorry this is so...the way it is. I wrote this at school...Please forgive me! *bows*))