Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can you hear it?

Started by Anonymous, March 12, 2007, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Listen... Listen closely...

You can hear it all - everything! The rhythmic sounds of the city, thump, thump, thumping, echoing in your heart. Everything's inhaling and exhaling, breathing so sweetly, producing the most eccentric and exciting melody ever to be heard - the city can be so exciting. Every murmur, down to every footstep can be so intoxicating, a song that can only be made, only be created, by the most simple and basic things of the world - by life

Sweat beaded along her face, the air twisting around her, bending at her will, she manipulated the air around her finely - it was as she was flying. Suspended over the gap between the two buildings, leg arched outwards, right leg bent  awkwardly back, as she reached with her toes, her body arching, arms flailing out at her sides. At first, she had been simply trying to make it across to the other building, but now... but now...

Her body twisted in the air, her shoe scraping against the wall, pressing it to the rough surface as firmly as she could, her lungs inflating, expanding as she inhaled deeply, air rushing into her mouth, simultaenously rushing  beneath her sweeping upwards in a powerful current,  lifting her higher then the building and then dispersing. She touched down to the ledge and brushed back her short, light brown hair, grinning and bowing to absolutely now one.

Antje stepped from the ledge and onto the roof, her arms reaching up, her fingers spreading out and she blew a kiss to the sky. She gave a deep sighed and scratched her head. Maybe she was crazy?

Her dark eyes floated down to the city, jumping up onto the ledge. They knew nothing of her antics - although some did see, most didn't. They were engrossed in their own worlds, and she couldn't help but smile. How many worlds were down there? As many as there were people - as many as there were lives! Wasn't that simply amazing? She tilted her head back, staring up. Or was it that there was only one world and simply many styles or lives?

Yes. The latter was correct [excluding other dimensions and worlds; only this one counting]. This world would always [loosely put] exist, as these lives faded and changed. A person may have been so used to a life so monotone - a routine 'world', constructed with finely built bars, and all they could see of the sky could've been a small sliver - but this world did exist. As soon as they broke out from their world, their style, this would be here. This would be what they were introduced too.

Yes. What pertained to one person was a style or life. What An realized she saw was many lives, not worlds. The one they were in was encompassing many different lives and styles, and An thought maybe, one day, the world would burst from it all. It was explosive!

She glanced down again. They wouldn't notice her antics because the air she effected only pertained to her. She played only with her own air - the air was everyone's, and encroaching on another's was not something she wanted to do.

"Hmm! I'm kind of hungry now," she said, pursing her lips into a pout, spinning on the ledge and kicking at the roof. The sun was hot.

She leapt from the roof and landed in an alley, narrowly avoiding a person - she waved dismissively and apologetically, smiling widely as she skittered away. "Sorry, sorry! Didn't see you, haha," she said before twisting around the corner of a building.

Every step she took was light - bouncey and energetic. It was as if she hardly touched the ground as she moved, the air around her felt so light - she felt so light. She moved quickly, twining through the crowds with ease - as if water sliding between someone's fingers.

An encountered her goal and slid open the door, her hand sliding along her waist, slipping between her stomach and her belt - she touched the change purse and winced, pouting. She seemed to be sorely lacking money lately. It was always tight, as it was. Maybe she could wiggle out of paying... she didn't necessarily want too cheat these people.

She ordered food and ate, sitting and perching onto the back legs of her chair, balancing pecariously, her shoes on the edge of the table. The bar tender looked as if he wanted to say something, but her voice pleasantly soared over everyone else's.

"Anyone lookin' for a temporary employee?" Antje said, glancing around the room, a brow raising.

Anonymous

The loud call of the young woman in the corner caught the attention of Xerxes Landian, even as he sat on the other side of the room.  Wow, what a loud voice from such a small person, he thought stupidly to himself.  He chuckled to himself at the thought causing several unwanted gazes to turn to him.  He cleared his throat and thought about the things he needed done: Hmm, this girl seems to need a job and I need some serious help in selling these furs I stole from a trade cart a few days ago.  Maybe she can help me out.

He studied her a bit more before getting up to speak to her to see if she seemed right for the job.  Her bone structure seemed the right size for carrying around a pack of stolen furs, and she didn't have the look on her face that would attract attention.  Not like some of those seedier characters, Xerc used to work for.  She had an aura about her that gave off a trusting essense.  As an Elf he had a tendency to sense such things.  Her hair was brushed back, as she smiled innocently around her, or so it seemed to him in an attracting sort of way.  But perhaps it was just him,  Xerc had a tendency to see all things with an iridescent beauty.  He gazed at her eyes, just to make sure he was right about her, and suddenly felt himself locked in the deepness and electricity that ran through them like a fire bolt. WHOA!, he thought to himself, Keep you head straight.  This is just business.  He shook his head empty and gathered the courage to walk up to the girl.

"Hello," he said, once again clearing his throat.   "I've heard you, all the way from across the room," he pointed in the direction of his previous seat, "and I think I might have something for you."  Xerc paused as he remembered one of the most important parts of an introduction, "Oh and I'm Xerxes Landian by the way.  But people are welcome to call me Xerc."  He put on the friendliest smile he had in his back pocket and held out his hand.

Anonymous

[oh man! i feel like an ass. sorry for not even seeing your post! >< i was just checking my e-mail today, because i watch all the topics i'm in and i just saw this one =O]

Patience had not been a gift given to her - and fortantuantely, she did not have to wait for someone to take her up on her offer. It hadn't occured to her what kind of jobs she may be subjecting herself too, nor had it occured to her the kinds of people she'd meet. It just an automatic assumption that people were 'good', but she knew well enough that it wasn't so. But still, she couldn't resist allowing that innocent thinking to reign over the more logically inclined halves of her brain.

She heard the unfamiliar voice and a jolt ran through her, suddenly growing rigid and almost losing her balance, but she was saved by her surprisingly quick reflexs, trapping the edge of the table between her feet and leaning forward slightly in an awkward position until all four of the chair's legs touched to the ground. An adjusted her legs so that her knees with still pressed against the table's edge, her dark eyes flickering up to the man's face, giving a slightly sheepish smile.

But she had heard every word he had said.

"Nice to meet ya, Xerc," she said, grasping his hand in a grip that was feather light, grinning up at him pleasantly and giving a single shake of his hand before withdrawing it to place it lightly on her knee.

"I'm Antje Vann. But everyone calls me An," she added courteously, her voice curiously undertoned by amusement or some unnamed joy.

"So ya said ya had some work for me?" She didn't believe in beating around the bush - it caused too much problems. "What'dya want me to do?" She inquired with curious eyes, brushing back light brown tendrils that seemed to prefer falling into the way of her eyes.

[i apologize if it sucks. my computer is being a jackass.]