Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~..X..~ (Cat! ^-^)

Started by Anonymous, May 20, 2007, 06:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Well…this was stupid.

Xilaire was in an argument with a little old lady about how much an apple costâ€"unfortunately for Xilaire, the lady spoke another language. And only another language. “MISS. Please. Just…gimme the apple.â€?

“Doshdano! Qushiere de aisare! Kotomaro!â€? The old lady began shooing Xilaire off. With a scoff, Xilaire left, feeling even more unsure of herself than beforeâ€"everyone around her was staring at her in disgust. Arguing with an elderly foreignerâ€"how dare she?

Xilaire was in need of money. Fast. She had no place to stay and nothing to eat. She had left home thinking that she could easily care for herselfâ€"boy, was she in the wrong. This is what kept her from returning home: the humiliation of being wrong. What would they say to her?

She continued her trek for food and shelterâ€"and…a jobâ€"on an empty stomach, noticing that her stomach was beginning to eat at itself. Now, even though she was without a home, she was still well kempt and quite a pretty little thing. Her light brown hair trailed down to the middle of her back and her golden brown eyes darted here and there with a bright alertness.

She stopped in front of a bakery and smiled with a small glimmer of hope. Maybe someone would give her a job there? She opened the door and looked about, knowing she was no baker by any means. But heyâ€"when you need food, you can’t be too picky.

((Firstâ€"sorry about the horrible, craptacular post. v-v I’m not good with intros. Second, lemme know if I got the business wrong. It was a bakery, right? ^-^;; ))

Anonymous

OCC: Nope, you got it right! And it wasn't a bad post at all :) Mine's probably going to be super specrapular. Hahaha

BIC:

Megan sighed. Today was a very slow morning. Usually the rush of breakfast goers was very large for people didn't have enough time to make their own. But today only two men sat at the mesh iron, green tables, eating a danish and drinking some steaming morning coffee. They spoke in a different language, so it wasn't even like Megan could get some daily gossip. The men were somewhat older and were definietly foreign, and they kept giving her dirty, lustful looks. Now, Megan didn't think she looked pretty, in fact, she felt far from it. But what she thought, was exactly the opposite of what everybody saw.

She had long, graceful blonde hair that she had grown out over the summer. Baby blue eyes with a glimmer of hope in them, protruded from her pale, smooth face. She was very petite, except for her arms, which were very strong, what from lifting up trays full of bread, and crissoants. She usually wore something pink. She used to wear a pink blouse, but she had to throw that away after getting so much blood on it. Megan sighed again.

It seemed only about a month ago that she and Andwyad had met, and thats when the gigantic adventure had taken place. Then her and Andwyad had gotten seperated, and she hadn't seen him for almost over a year. He was the only one that had made her feel... different. Not special... but... like he really cared. And she had met him in this bakery only about a year ago. She wondered if he was still alive.

The bell at the front door rang as someone stepped inside the somewhat humid shop. The ring brought Megan out of her thoughts as she looked up to see a young, beautiful, girl. The girl looked a little pale for her own good... and she looked like she could use a good cup of coffee and something warm to eat. Megan came out from behind the brown wooden counter, the pot of hot, steamy coffee, still in her hand. "You look famished...", was her only reply.

Anonymous

As soon as Xilaire had opened the door, she caught a whiff of the coffee and danishes. Her stomach roared at the smell, feeling like it was about to claw out of her to get to the food and drink. She put a hand on her stomach and clenched her stomach muscles to stop the gurgling as the owner of the bakery approached.

She was so pretty. Xilaire came from a town where bright hair colors like red and blonde didn't exist. Hence the look of awe on her face. She took her other hand and twirled a lock of brown hair around it innocently. "Yes, ma'am. But may I work for my food? I..." Looking over to her left at the men, she stopped. She didn't want to say in front of them. Why couldn't she say it? She was homeless and needed money. She'd been homeless for months--why be shy about it now?

She straightened her gray onesie that was waist-length--which had been a light blue at one point in time--and took a deep breath. "I'm homeless. I need a place to work so I can get on my feet again. Please, ma'am, do you have a job for me? I'll do anything."

((Aw, your post was fine! ^-^ Haha! X is so helpless!
Xilaire: D8 Am not!))

Anonymous

Megan studied the young girl for quite some time. She looked pretty desperate...butttt... Megan couldn't have just anyone working in the bakery. This was one of the finiest bakery's, just newly moved from Seaside Town of Crenis to Draconi Forest. It was moved because Megan didn't want to remember all the things that had happened there, and plus there was just to many theives running about. Here wasn't much better, but...it got her away from the memories.

Megan realized that she had been staring at the girl for a long time. Snapping back to focus she smoothed down her long blonde hair and smiled, trying her best to be at a certain place of authority. "Well... not anyone works here. Here at TreeTop Bakery, we serve only the best." Megan, now feeling playful, heaved herself up onto the counter, her feet no longer touching the floor. "Are you sure your up to it?" Megan would have to teach the girl a few things, but it shouldn't be that hard. And Megan liked being a good person.

She got down off the counter, realizing that that was probably not the best place for her to be sitting. It would turn away a lot of customers. The two men sitting at the table stood up,  sticky crumbs caught in their untrimmed beards. They had left the table a mess, but both smiled, leaving a generous tip on the table. Megan smiled. Business was business, but so was beauty. She knew they were only tipping her as to lure her into their beds, but Megan would never. However, why give up good money? She needed to get whatever she could these day. Megan traveled over toward the table, cleaning it off quickly. So fast that anyone would be amazed at how spotless it looked without her even doing much. She picked up the money and put it inside her apron pocket. She brought the dirty wax paper over to the trash, and the two coffee mugs over to the small sink that she used to clean all the dirty dishes. She turned back to the young girl, who must be starving by now. "You can work for me, but first thing is first. My name is Megan, and you are-?" Megan started to wash the dirty mugs, lavander soap somewhat tinting the air. "And if you do work for me I need to teach you a few things, and I want you to eat something first, because working on an empty stomach will make you clumsy and less work ethic." Megan put the dishes away, drying her hands on her apron.

"Well?"

Anonymous

Xilaire had noticed the woman's stares and blinked right back at her. What was her deal? When she came to from her waking dream, Xilaire flustered at the woman's comment. "Just anyone?" She wasn't just anyone. She was to be--!

She shook her head. No, not anymore; she turned that down a while back.

"I can do it. I'll show you I can do it." She was about to go behind the counter and wash her hands when the woman mentioned food. She stopped in her tracks and her stomach roared, ripping her up from inside. Xilaire winced and smiled at her new boss. "A pleasure. My name's Xilaire of Mashta." She bowed her head in respect. "You don't know how much I appreciate this."

((Oi, Cat? Can you uh, double-check your spelling and grammar with spellcheck? There were a bunch of mistakes in your posts.))

Anonymous

Ooc: Sure  :roll:  :D

BIC:

Xilaire. What a strange name... Megan put the mugs away and walked toward the back room, motioning for Xilaire to follow. She would most likely give Xilaire the soup of the day, which was a thick French specialty Megan had learned by the gossip people spoke. That was one of the things she liked about the bakery. You could always get juicy gossip about anything, from all around. Since this spot of Draconi forest was a trading center, many people from all around came and she would get juicy gossip from all over the world. Sometimes it wasn't all gossip. Like the recipe! The back room consisted of various objects. There was the heath, where the bread was baked and many things were warmed. It was on as of now, so the kitchen was sweltering hot. Megan went over to the large pot she had made this morning and tested it, trying to see if it was warm enough to just eat, or if it needed to be heated for the young girl. It was just warm enough not to be heated(Or Megan thought) And so she pulled out a ceramic bowl and filled it to the brim. She also got out two glasses, and pour some fresh, homemade ice tea. She got a piece of bread, sticking it into the soup, and walking over toward a small table that was for employee's. She put the soup down, and then sat in the opposite chair.

Once again she found herself studying the young girl. Was she really up for the hard work that it required for the bakery? Would she like Roual? Roual was one of the workers that Megan would ask to help out, but only if she really needed it. He was a nice boy, but sometimes he wouldn't do what she asked, or he would do it completely in a different way. She didn't like to call him. Maybe this girl was a sign that she should let Roual go and keep her. Megan smiled at the thought of giving Roual the boot. She could just picture his face. It would be caught between a smile that he wouldn't have to work anymore, and a frown that he wouldn't make money anymore. Megan always paid fair... and usually when Roual did the job wrong she wouldn't pay him much. After Xilaire was finished eating and what not Megan would have to show her the basics, so as she wouldn't follow the same path Raoul always had. Megan could definitely use the help. Especially during the busy days... the busy hours, like breakfast, and lunch. Breakfast was a big thing because that's when most people actually did eat the freshly made bread and Danish.

Megan shook her head. Realizing that she should stop staring at the girl unless she wanted her to think that she was coming onto her. "Eat up! Before it get's cold." She said it in a playful way, but it might have come out more stern than she had wanted it to. She stood up, grabbing another bowel for herself and some bread. She sat down at the table and started eating, not even bother to look up to see if Xilaire had sat down yet. The breakfast rush was almost over and soon it would be lunch. Many people didn't come buy at lunch, except on those odd days, because they were all at work. However, Megan always made fresh bashes of bread and donuts, just in case. A sweat droplet fell down the side of Megan's pale face. She liked being in the Café more than the kitchen, because at least the Café had the windows open, a small breeze coming off from the damp forest. It was only spring and it was sweltering hot. Megan could only imagine how hot it would be in the summer. Usually it was quiet comfortable in the winter. The whole place was heated by the heath. It was always nice and comfortable, and Megan always made hot apple cider and hot chocolate.

"This is good soup..." Megan pretty much murmured it to herself than to Xilaire.

Anonymous

Xilaire never once made a look or sound that suggested that she was uncomfortable with the way Megan kept staring at her. When instructed to eat, Xilaire nodded slightly. "Hai." (Hai meant "Yes" in the formal sense in her hometown.)

She sat down and began eating, doing her best to be polite but to eat as much as she could at the same time. She nodded silently when Megan mentioned the soup, and kept eating. It didn't take long to finish her bowl, her bread, and her tea and begin watching Megan eat--along with fan herself. Man, it was hot. It was probably as hot as the desert in here!

But, she dared not complain. She had a job. A job! Finally! Maybe she could make enough money to get back on her feet and possibly find a place to stay...

Anonymous

Megan watched the girl silently, while scooping spoonfuls of the soup into her mouth. She watched as the girl quickly ate her soup. Megan wanted to tell her to slow down. Not eating for a while and then eating a large amount of food could send your system into shock. It wasn't good for you. But the girl quickly ate and finished everything off. Megan shrugged to herself. There was really nothing she could do. "Would you like more?" Megan had just polished off her own bowl and was now sipping on the fresh made tea. Her hair stuck to her sweaty skin and every now and again she would pull it up and then drop it down, hoping to stay cool. Maybe if she found a string she could put it up.

Without waiting for an answer, Megan stood up, grabbing Xiliarie's bowl and filling it to the brim once more. If she didn't finish it than it was no biggie. The recipe wasn't hard to make. Megan brought back the bowl and more fresh baked bread. She also, tried, to balance the ice tea jar in her other hand. She made it just in time, making the jar clank onto the table. She quickly put the things down and then poured the girl more Tea. "This tea has been in my family's generation for more than a hundred years. It's good tea. I've been thinking about selling it. Make more profit. What do you think?" It was good to have someone else's opinion on things.

Megan grabbed some more soup and bread for herself and sat down. She was just about to eat some more when she heard the front door's bell ring. That sound meant that more customers had arrived. Megan sighed. Should she? Should she do it herself? Nah... let the girl eat. Megan stood up. "Excuse me for a moment." And with that, Megan left the girl in her thoughts to take care of others.

Anonymous

She had nodded appreciatively at Megan, smiling all the while. Surprisingly enough, she still wasn't full. And as Megan took her bowl, she daintily sipped the tea, a major transition from gulping down her soup. She blinked at the taste, amazed. She sipped it again to make sure that the taste of the soup wasn't blending in with the tea, making it taste better. Nope, nope, it was the tea all right. The sweetness...the bite...it all blended together well.

She did a double take as Megan clanked the jar on the table and smiled brightly. "You'll make a killing off of this. It's wonderful! What is that after-bite?" She sipped again before setting her cup down to eat a little more soup.

Ding...aling...aling. She set her spoon down immediately at the sound of the door and stood. "I could help you if you'd like, Miss Megan," she said to Megan's back. Man, that girl could walk.

Anonymous

Megan called back from the room. "No, it's quite alright. Just rest today and tomorrow I'll show you the ropes." As she walked in, people stared at her oddly, wondering who she could be talking to. She walked up to the bare table where two gruff looking men sat, eyes watching apprehensivly. She put the biggest fake smile on her face that she could muster and said "What can I get you men?" The stared at her, and for a moment it seemed that the room had been brought to the depths of an akward silence. "Um... some tea? Danishs? " Her voice was uncertain, and her mouth felt suddenly dry.

Then finally one of the men spoke.

"I'll have a warm cup of tea, and my friend here will have four bagels." Megan nodded, writing it down and then saying "That'll be in a couple of minutes sir" She turned her back on them and walked back into the kitchen where Xiliarie sat, still eating. "Well, that was.... odd." She shook herself to relive the tension that the previous room still held.

OOC: I'm thinking I'm going to pm Gold to come back in this topic, and maybe to other people, because there was a topic with Megan and then it just dissapeared, imagine what would happen if they came back. Right now..while we're at it. We should have like... the two men talk of trouble or something.. or a big fight break out. Hmm?