Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Draconic Inn

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2007, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just another normal day in the village of Zantaric. Nothing extravagant ever seems to happen in the dark village. Even the common taverns lack activity. At the far end of the bar counter of the Draconic Inn, sat a beast of unnatural proportions. The village itself has seem many unnatural beings, but none as odd. A brown furred werewolf with draconic wings and an elongated tail sat in his claimed bar stool, while sipping away at his provided mead. He wore a tattered white shirt and a pair of tattered blue pants. While his tail remained wrapped around his bar stool, he eyed the bottom of his now empty mug with chocolate brown eyes.

The dragon-wolf slowly slid his empty mug onto the bar counter and deeply sighed to himself. The chocolate brown eyes remained focused on the ground as the creature seemed troubled to some extent. No one within the tavern dared to approach him, so his thoughts would remain to himself.

Anonymous

Beautiful Oblivion.

There was no substance to this world, a void bathed in the purest white light.

She was vaguely aware, not so much of her own conciousness but only of the essence of herself in the world.

"Awaken."

Lashes lifted from golden eyes that glittered in the opressive light. They were still veiled, though open nonetheless.

"Where...?"

"Silence."

A voice seethed from every where at once, though it did seem plausible that it was coming from inside her mind.

"He did his damndest, and nearly destroyed me."

"Who...?"

"SILENCE."

The voice was commanding, and in her fear she was silenced.

"But now I have the means to destroy him, for I have his Heart."

She wanted to inquire as to who, where when and why. The presence, reeking of all that was dark and unholy, seemed every where at once, though its concentration hovered above her face and her chest.

Almost as if reading her thoughts, the voice chuckled darkly.

"Slash Dracomoon."

Golden eyes flew wide at the familiarity of such a name.

"Slash...?"

She became aware of another light far above her, yet drifting down. It was brighter than the surrounding void, yet in its tumescence she could still make out the object. A clear broken orb, cupped in a dragon's paw, the small shards of it drifting near the pendent, all descending. The chain waved in the inky, watery waste around her, where everything seemed to float freely. She herself was solidifying in some way.

"I want you to have this, its purity forgotten, to begin your Reaction."

"For what?" her echoey voice wavered breathlessly, as the pendent remained suspended above her heart.

"I want you to KILL SLASH DRACOMOON."

Pain seemed to explode from every fiber of her being as the brighter light enveloped her and radiated outward from her chest. She shrieked with inhumane pain as though her flesh had been severed from her and salt thrown on her wounds. She writhed in the air, blinded by all, and could not see. At the same time, a slash of lightning and clap of thunder exploded in the sky, and a weren plumeted to the rain-soaked earth below, landing with a splash of mud and forest debris. She sank halfway into the soft, watery muck, writhing in pain unknown to mortals, clutching her chest.

She wanted to stand, and rolled her naked self over onto her stomach, searching the watery grave from anything to aid her in rising. Her paw, sloshing through the mud, found and clenched wood, which she used to lift herself.

The AdderMoon Staff.

She watched in amazment as though the shaft of the weapon were made of wax, which hissed and ran down to her paws, sizzling with heat as it touched her flesh. She shrieked again, howling with pain as it sank into her paws. She tried to thrust the weapon from her, yet it stuck like honey, dissolving into her flesh. She bellowed in pain and crazed rage as she clawed at her arms and hands to keep the Quicksilver at bay.

"You are Reacting," laughed the voice in her skull.

She clawed at her head, roaring, "Stop talking to me!!!"

Insane with pain and rage, she howled into the storming night and in another flash of lightning, bolted for the only dim light in the distance, running on all four paws like no anthro should.

A fat, female anthro badger, wearing a knitted wool skirt and a simple white linen stood behind the bar, casually wiping the inside of a bar mug. She particularly enjoyed these evenings, when most of the bar flies flew home early, and she could keep up with the stragglers while watching the dim coals on the hearth. She was motherly in her way, but tough, and anyone who knew Maybelle knew that.

Lightning crackled at the window and she turned quickly toward it, clucking her tongue in dismay.

"My, it's pourin' somethin' awful now, tain't it?" She said, mostly to herself but standing near the draconic-wolf seated at the bar, hoping to draw him in to some sort of converse. His gaze remained tied to the bottom of his mug, and while Maybelle couldn't be sure, she thought she heard him grunt a "Hmph" in reply.

She tried anyway. "Those roads will be somethin' muddy tomorrow, ye best watch'yer step," she said, looking pointedly at the anthro. Again, no reply.

She shrugged and went about her business.

The door to the bar burst wide, startling the last few patrons, who nearly leapt from their seats in the shock of horror. Framed by the incessant flashes of lightning was an emaciated wolf, dripping with slick globs of mud, leaves and sticks, the pinkish-red eyes gleaming with all insanity. Maybelle backed off to grab her stick while the draco-wolf anthro turned just as sudddenly.

The skeletal wolf leapt across the room in a single bound, snarling and clawing at its scalp, roaring a challenge to seemingly nothing. The customers backed away to a far wall, some wimpering themselves, wondering what daemon had clashed with the night.

Gems imbedded in the wolf's upper arms, pink with a deep center of violet, began to pulsate, causing the wiry wolf to writhe again in pain. It clutched its stomach and chest, wimpering and half screaming. It looked like it was about to die.

A flash of silver caught the dead wolf's gaze and it made a leap for the object. It was a straight-edged sword emblazoned with the markings of a wolf clan long dead, and vibrant paw etched near the hilt was just as beautiful a relief. The muddy, dying wolf caught at its hilt, wielded it in a high arc and turn its blade inward.

The hilt began to sizzle and pop. The wolf screamed with pain.

The anthro plunged in blade into it stomach, again and again, only to draw the melting blade away and force more of it into her self.It sank deeply into her skin, and it was only then, in a moment of clarity of her insanity, she made the startling realization...

She was still REACTING.

She howled in desparation, made one final plunge of the blade deep enough to sink halfway into the hilt, where the last of it fizzled and merged with her.

Her pink eyes caught those of the draco-wolf, deep chocolate as they were, and she cocked her head slightly as if almost recognizing him.

"Kill me..." came the plaintive voice before gravity caught hold of her.

She plummeted to the floor and landed with sharp thud, her pink-red eyes closing and her breathing seemingly stopping.

Anonymous

The draconic wolf was startled out of his stool when the dying wolf bursted into the tavern. He stood by the bar counter with the bar stool still held by his tail in case he needs it. To his surprise, the femme anthro grabbed his soul-bound sword and began to try and kill herself with it. Repeated stabbings showed that his godly crafted blade was melting and apparently fusing to the dying anthro. This was definitely not normal by any means. After the frail wolf collapsed to the ground, the draconic wolf slowly approached the body with the bar stool still held by his tail.
"Hey..." His calm voice sounded thinly to to the femme as he kneeled down to nudge her with a single paw.

Anonymous

Maybelle snapped out of her stupor just as everyone in the room shuffled to their feet from their crouching position. She leapt practically over the counter, smacking away the paw of Slash.

"Back off, you! Can't ya see tha garl is injared?" She carefully stroked the shoulder of the wolf, her clawed paws covering the softly pulsing gem. "Oh my, this one needs a warm bath, and some broth!"

She turned to Slash. "You there, warm some soup of that fire...and quick, boil some water!" She turned back to the poor creature on the ground. "That is, of course, aftar ye help me carrie her to that bathing tub." She stood, gathered her skirts and bustled toward the stais.

She turned back to Slash, impatient and huffing. "Well? Get goin'!"

Anonymous

Slash stood and glanced that the badger anthro after she had smacked his hand and started shooting out demands. His tail was still wrapped around the bar stool. If it escalates any more, he would have to use the stool on the badger. Without a word, Slash turns around and walks towards the fireplace, returning to the stool by the bar counter's side as he passes by. As he continues to the fireplace, Slash's tail reaches over the bar counter to gather a pot with water in it. Once in front of the fireplace, he places the pot over the fire.
With that task done, he turns back around and casually walks to the downed wolf anthro. The draconic wolf slowly crouches down and gently picks her up into his strong arms and heads after Maybelle towards the stairs. It's strange. Slash could almost feel a slight familiarity to the frail wolf in his arms. Nothing seems to catch his mind or eye for the time being.

Anonymous

Maybelle hurried up the stairs with the draco-wolf close behind.

She entered into the latrine and began to fill the washtub with warm water. As the fluid filled the vessel, she poured what looked like rock crystals into the water, which dissolved, leaving the water slightly perfumed. Once that task was done, she bade the anthro-wolf to place the frail creature in the tub.

"If ye would be so kind, and let us be for a moment, I would appreciate it," she said softly, almost apologetically for her brashness earlier.

Anonymous

Slash watched as Maybelle poured the water and prepped the tub. When motioned to the tub, he slowly lowers the femme wolf into the water and backs away. After briefly hearing the badger, he calmly nods his head and exits the room, closing the door behind himself. He makes his way down stairs and towards the fireplace. While passing by the bar, he reaches out with his tail and pulls a bar stool with him. Once at the fireplace, he sets the stool down and sits down to watch the water pick up a small boil.

Anonymous

It was a time before Maybelle descended the stair, wiping her hands on the apron.

"You can see her now," she called softly.

She turned and retreated up the stairs toward a bedroom, which she left the door slightly ajar, for the wolf-dragon's sake.

Anonymous

Slash had passed out in front of the fireplace, due to the warmth. He was slumped over the bar stool with his chest rising and falling peacefully. His pointed lupine ear twitched with sound of Maybelle's voice. The chocolate eyes of the dragon wolf slowly opened to find himself gazing over the finished broth over the well kept fire. After a moment, he picks himself off the stool and turns to the stairs, leaving the stool by the fireplace.
Once he places a foot on the final step, he could see a door to a bedroom slightly open. Quietly, he covers the distance between the room and the stairwell and enters the dark room. Keeping his silence, he moves over to the bed and crosses his arms as he observes.

Anonymous

On the bed, with her paws folded neatly on the sheets, lay a slight and thin female anthroweren.

Her nose was a soft pink, as was the caress of her wolfish lips. The inside of her ears and the cusp of her eyes were also the same color. If one should turn her paw over, they would be the same. Her fur was a pristine white, free of mud and leaves unlike before. It was soft, grown thick but each strand so thin it was almost silvery. Maybelle turned to the draco-wolf.

"Albino," she said simply, as though he didn't know.

Maybelle reached out and put her clawed paw on that of the she-wolf. "Who is she?" Maybelle asked, not looking at the draco-wolf. "Do ye know her? Alas, I am sorry for your poor blade...dun't understand it meself, but I am a simpleton."

Maybell stood and adjusted the pillow beneath the femme-wolf's head. "She's alive, just barely, though I don't know how. That sword looked sharp enough ta cut steel."

Maybelle turned toward the draco-weren, clasping her hands to her belly, awaiting what she hoped would be an explanation.

Anonymous

Slash took his ground, simply gazing upon the sleeping femme. He let Maybelle carry on without any heed from himself. A moment of silence eerily clung to the air after the badger had mention the sword. Slash's gift from the gods themselves. It didn't seem right at all.
"I am as puzzled as you are." Those were the only words to leave the lips of the unusual dragon wolf. They were spoken without his eyes leaving the albino shewolf. Perhaps answer will be spoken whenever she wakes up.

Anonymous

Maybelle only nodded, clearly disappointed.

She made to leave the room, glancing back only to say "I'll let you two alone. Maybe she'll give ya back yer blade."

As she shut the door she said, "If her condition changes, call for me. But other than the obvious, she looks ta make it. Feed her the broth, if ye can."

She shut the door.

Anonymous

Slash watched and listened as Maybelle took her leave. Once the door was closed and she was gone, the dragon wolf turns his attention back to the sleeping one. He could still feel the slight familiarity around the shewolf, but it's just a thought right now. Slash lowers his arms from their crossed position in front of his chest. He slowly reaches across the bed with a single paw and brushes the back of it across the shewolf's furred cheek.

Anonymous

"I'm cold."

The voice sounded thin, far away.

The she-wolf murmured in her sleep, her eyes twitching, sudden shudders moving her.

It had been a few hours since Maybelle left the two alone. The lace of a rosy dawn was just beginning to grace the skyline. The she-wolf again murmured in her sleep.

"Mmmph....stop..."

This worked better than I anticipated, the voice cackled in her mind.

Brilliant, yet hazy, red eyes flew wide.

"No!" said the she wolf as she bolted upright.

Anonymous

Slash had found a proper chair within the room for himself to sit in. Luckily, there was a opening in the back of the chair where his potentially troublesome tail would stick through. Given the time since the two were left alone, the dragon wolf has long since passed out in his claimed chair. He sat silently and still with his head slumped down and his arms crossed above his chest.
Slash nearly shot up out of his chair when the shewolf woke up with her outburst. He looked around the room, still sitting in the chair with his eyes wide.
"Oh, you're awake..." He notes as soon as he notices the furry femme. At this point, his wings loosen up and he loses the tense appearance.

Anonymous

The she-weren turned just as suddenly toward the draco-wolf, her eyes vibrant, reflecting the pale rose of dawn.

"Aya..." she whispered, letting her lashes droop just slightly. "Where am I?" she asked softly, hoping he would answer.

She raised the sheet to cover herself, suddenly aware that her clothes were missing. A slight hint of red graces her cheeks.

"Who are you?" chimed her soft voice.

Anonymous

"You are currently within the the Draconic Inn tavern, finding establishment within the village of Zantaric." The dragon wolf was quick to answer the shewolf's first question, but paused for a moment with her next. It's been a while since he introduced himself to someone.
"Well, I am Slash Dracomoon. Not that it matters though. What may I call you?" Of course, being naturally polite in merely the male lupine being himself. It doesn't hurt to meet a new face from time to time.

Anonymous

slash Dracomoon.

The name was so very familiar...yet, she could not place it.

She was still confused and felt a dull ache inside. She placed her paw over her breast and stared at the bedsheets.

"I...I don't know."

She turned toward the window, where the sky began to turn gold. She watched it for moment, listening to the morning birds sing, her delicate ear twitching just so.

She turned back to Slash, an infinate sadness in her eyes. "Do I know you?"

Anonymous

Slash almost frowned when the shewolf answered back with no name. It seems that she may have suffered a knock to the head or something of the like. The dragon wolf stood up out of his chair and slowly walked towards the door. He stops at the door to listen to her next question.
"Given that this is the first time I have met you, no. You don't know me. You seem to have suffered from amnesia, considering you don't even know who you are. I'll leave you for now, so you can get some more rest." After his words have been stated out to the femme, Slash calmly leaves the room and closes the door behind himself.

Anonymous

For some strange reason, she felt like crying.

The tears pooled around her eyes, and she blinked them away and swallowed. She stirred in the bed, not quite knowing what to do, so she examined herself.

Her paws were long and slender, as were her legs. Her tail was very bushy and soft, so she flicked it a bit and enjoyed the feeling. She carefully put one paw on the floor, then another, and stood, clutching the sheet around her.

She tested her steps and they seemed fine. She moved about the room, wondering what her next path should be, until she came to a full length mirror.

She stared at her narrow muzzle a bit, noting that her cheekbones did stand out just a tad. Her eyes were large and a soft, rosy red. Her ears were tall, but fully wolfish. She licked her chops...what an awful taste.

Curiously, she let the sheet slide from her body and rustle softly to the floor.

She was so very slender and slight, about three fourths of a typical female weren. Her breast was high and a tad slight, but not terribly so, slimming down to a trim waist and broad hips. Her legs were milky white, as was the rest of her, stopping at broad paws with silvery claws protruding from her toes. Her tail was a bush which hung limply behind her now.

Her upper arms ached, and she turned sideways, noting the strange gems set amongst the fur. They were pink saphirre with a deep center of a dark, violet hue, triangular in shape, with the tip of the triangle pointing upward toward her head. The bottom tangent of the triangles curved delicately upward into the stone like an arch, therefore, the triangle was not isoceles. They no longer pulsed, but glimmered in the morning light which broke over the woodlands. She tapped one with her claw and it tinked sharply. They were real precious stones, no doubt about that.

She hmphed, and pegan sniffing the room, crouching on all fours to do so. a female had been here, she noted by the feramones, and began snooping in the warddrobe. Apparently, a male had been here too, for a large monk's robe hung, forgotten, in the closet. It would have to do, and as she was about the sixe of a relatively tall male human, the robe should fit rather well. She tugged the coarse material over her head, then tied the rope-cord belt. It was a bit loose, like made for a tall, fat monk, but she didn't care.

She padded her way to the door and opened it a crack. It squeaked audibly, and she peaked around the corner.

The smell of a roast and quail eggs hit her sharply in the nose, setting her mouth a-drooling. She needed food, now, and almost bounded down the stairs at the thought of it.

But instead she slowly descended, like an angel, coming to rest at the stoop near the tavern's bar, gazing oddly around the room.

She saw Maybelle behind the counter, who smiled over a pan of venison steak and quail eggs.

"Why, good morrow, thar, girlie!" cheered Maybelle, obviously relieved.

The she-wolf's stomach growled audibly.