Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Draconic Inn

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2007, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just like himself, Slash has to be fidgeting with something. He could easily be spotted at the fireplace in his bar stool he had left there over night. With a poker in hand, he continuously pokes at the dying fire, more than likely to keep himself occupied. He looks over his shoulder when the badger barkeep speaks up to see the shewolf descend the stairway.
Almost as if it were his cue, the dragon wolf puts the poker back to the side of the fireplace and stands up. Moving towards Maybelle, Slash picks up the stool with his elongated tail and moves it back to the side of the bar counter. He sits down at the bar counter, near Maybelle and patiently waits for her cooking to finish.

Anonymous

Maybelle finishes frying up a thick, tender venison steak and two sunny-side quail eggs. She deposits the steak with a slap onto a plate and slides the eggs over next to it. Then she sets the plate in front of Slash.

"Good to see you up and about too," she says in her motherly way, winking at him.

She motions to the she-wolf and says, "Go ahead, dear, have a seat." She gestures to the counter.

The white wolf slowly paws over, painfully shy of Slash, though takes a seat a stool away from him. As she slides onto the tall stool she lifts the robe slightly, revealing a slender leg. Just as quickly, though, she covers it.

Maybelle proceeds to fry up an extra venison steak and another side of eggs, slapping them on a plate and depositing them in front of the she-wolf, along with a mug of ice cold milk. Maybelle smiles at the slight thing, saying, "Eat up, dear."

The white wolf pushes the plate away, although very hesitantly, still eyeing the good food placed before her.

"I have no coin with which to pay you," she says in her haunting way.

Maybelle shakes her head. "Naw, thar, it's on-the-house." She glances at Slash and motions with her thumb. "Or, he can pay fer it, whatever ye like," she says, playfully.

Anonymous

Not wasting a breathe, Slash began to eat as soon as the plate was presented to him. He seemed to be oblivious to his surroundings as his appetite was fulfilled. It was when Maybelle mentioned Slash paying for the shewolf's meal did he grunt in what sounded like disapproval. He took a moment to stop shoveling food into his mouth to reach for a small pouch at his waist. While still chewing on the last thing he had bit into, he places ten gold pieces onto the counter from his pouch. It should be enough to a nights stay for two. With that not said and done, the dragon wolf goes back to eating.

Anonymous

The she-wolf tentatively picked up a fork and began to eat. Soon, she was eating with as much gusto as Slash, not even bothering to glace in his direction. She wolfed down the steak very easily, marvelling the feel of the chewy meat upon her tongue, then set about slicing open the egg yolks. Soaking as much of the whites as she could in the yellow fluid, she ate it up quickly, then proceeded to lirft the plate to her mouth.

She proceeded to lick it clean.

Anonymous

After Slash had finished his plate, he didn't proceed to lick the remains like the shewolf. He simply moved the plate to the side and licked his lips clean. It was when he turned the last of his attention to the shewolf, did he raise an eyebrow in bewilderment. She must have been hungry. Now that Slash had done his good deed for the day, he turned away from the bar counter and headed towards the exit.
"Take care, May." He noted towards the badger barkeep as he waved a single paw behind his back. And just like that, he walked out and down the street a few ways.

Anonymous

When Slash had looked at her, she didn't realize that she had a fine line of yellow yolk around her muzzle.

She licked it carefully and watched him leave the tavern. Maybelle clucked in dismay, turning her snout into a pout as the door closed with a jingle of the bell.

"My, well, isn't he rude? Leavin' ye behind liken that!" She shook her head and turned toward the she-wolf. "Well, what are ya ta do, thar, lassie?"

The she-wolf shrugged her narrow shoulder. "I don't know."

Maybelle eyed her up and down. "Well, now, we can't have yar goin' aboot liken that!" She ambled around to the back kitchen where loud snoring could be heard, followed by an audible slap. "Jimney! Jimney, getcher arse up!"

A snort followed brusquely, but a old doggish type were lifted himself from his sleeping roll.

"Mph?" he inquired.

Maybelle chook him awake. "Jimney, I need ye ta mind the store. I'm goin' out fer a bit." She gathered her shawl and change purse.

She took the slender shewolf by the paw and guided her out into the busy street.

The bazaar was just setting up shop, right on time for Maybelle's purpose. She fought her way through the gathering crowd with a single destination in mind, with the female weren in tote.

Finally, they came to a stand called "Garmin's", from where a little kobold peeked his doggish muzzle.

"Yeah?" came a rough, albiet squeaky voice.

Maybelle pushed the she-wolf toward the stand. "I need ya ta dress this wee one."

It was then the she-wolf realized Garmin's was a clothing vendor.

Anonymous

Slash had stopped partly down the street to close his eyes. His thoughts were slightly on edge.
'I lied to her... I do know her, but I can't quite put my finger to where I know her from.' The Dragon wolf pondered to himself. He slightly turned his head to get a view of the tavern from his distant location. He slowly lowered his head and closed his eyes. He reopened them when he took a single step forward, looking back up when it turned into a stride.

After time had passed a bit, Slash found himself browsing through the marketplace for some possible essentials he could use for his journey. He planed to leave the village to explore this world he cannot leave. This world he had grown to call home. A weapon shack caused the dragon wolf to stop and gaze through the selections. Perhaps to seek a replacement to his recent loss.

Anonymous

The she-wolf stared somewhat stupidly at the selection.

"What colar ddo ye like?" asked Maybelle.

The she-wolf shrugged with a slight toss of her furry mane. "I don't know...something soft, maybe?"

Maybelle humped and went digging around through the selection. Soon she had the she-wolf dressed in knee-length trousers, cloth leg wraps, a light cotton shirt and a bee-keeper's hat.

Stepping back, she mused, "Hmmm...no."

The next thing she tried was a lattice of filmy taffeta and a short cotton skirt to go with it. The sslim wolf shivered.

"I'm cold," she mused.

Maybelle harumped and tried one more time.

This time, the she-wolf was dressed in a white cotton sun-dress with thick-straps gracing her shoulders. The skirt, which flowed somewhat around her legs, came to just a half inch above the knee. Lining the hem lof the skirt was a ribbon of gold. Maybelle provided her with white leather and rabbit fur boots which stopped just below her knee, clasped with four gold buckles. Over the gems embedded in the wolf's arms she tightly tied individual cloth armbands, also lined in bright yellow ribbon, the ties to which cascaded down the back of the she-wolfs arms until nearly touching the earth. Maybelle took pride in this and even wove a golden ribbon through the she-wolf's silvry locks, winding it into her braid.

Maybelle stepped back. "Well, now! Aren't you pretty!"

The she-wolf felt self concious and blushed.

Anonymous

The dragon wolf continued through the village marketplace with a falchion arched over his right shoulder. It seems that he found himself a weapon replacement for now. One would wonder what kind of coin was put down for the blade, given the elegance that was put into the crafting of the beautiful blade. He continued through the market till he found himself in front of an herbologist. Slash was knowledgeable in making some medicines with herbs, thanks to some past colleagues. It may come in handy later on. So, he decides to browse the selection of plants and the like.

Anonymous

Maybelle was satisfied, so she left off with making the purchase.

"Look, hun, yer gonna have to fend fer yerself," she said, glancing back at the tavern. The usual midday crowd was coming in. She quickly reached into her pouch, took out some coin and gave it to the girl.

"Now ya best be goin', missy. I dunno how you lived, but good on ye," Maybelle waved and bustled toward her inn.

The she wolf stood, wondering what to do, not quite knowing, she turned away from the town and drifted into the forest. The songs of the birds seemed to fill the wood, guiding her onward on the path away from the town.

As she moved along she found deep claw marks in some of the trees. She pondered what creature could have been so cruel, leaving such fleshy wounds in the trunks, unknowing that it had been herself.

She moved deeper into the brush, straying just a tad from the path, following the snapped twigs and mussed leaves until finally, she came to what looked like a quagmire.

She cocked her head curiously, for there were strange things here...scraps of leather, beads, a half torn backpack...

...and something shiney sticking out of the mud.

She knealt carefully on a stone so as not to dirty her new dress, reached over its edge and took hold of the shiney thing. After a few tugs, she pulled it from the earth, an object thickly layered with clayish mud.

A twitch of the ear revealed the sound of a babbling brook, which she made her way to. Carefully, she dipped the thing in the water, the light filtering through a canopy of emerald to bathe her delicate fur in the light. She scrubbed at the thing with her paws, wondering what it could be.

When at last she lifted it from the water, she was still confused. The object had the shape of a boomerang, except it was all shiny metal, intricately carved with claw marks and wolf paws. At the center joint was a crescent moon, partially protruding from the metal sheath.

She touched the button.

Instantly she heard a twanging spring-snap, and she fell back on her rear, startled. Lo and behold, protruding from the inside edges of the boomerang were two slender, razor sharp blades.

The Glaive-Boomerang.

Anonymous

What Slash really needed was a fresh suit of clothing, but that never crossed his mind. Not really a necessity in his case. He now stood at the edge of Zantaric, looking back at the village with his back turned towards it. He stood with the beautiful sword over his right shoulder and a satchel of herbs, strapped across his chest from the left shoulder, to his right side. He was prepared to move on. No turning back. There was still more to the world, left undiscovered to him. He was bound to see it all. Just as he focuses forward to take a step away from the village, the dragon wolf's ears twitch with a snap in the distance. Not a normal snap at that. Changing his course of movement, he slowly heads in the direction of the sound, making sure not to make any noise himself.

Anonymous

The blades were intricate and beautiful.

The she-wolf  caressed the hilt of such a weapon, marvelling at its beauty.

But where had she seen it before?

It wasn't just oddly familiar to her, it felt natural to be holding it. She continued her study of it with her paws, carefully drawing her paws over its gleaming surface...

"Ow!"

She winced and glanced down at her paw. A thin line, brimming with a thicker line of blood, twinkled on her paw pad.

The blades sharp, she mused, as she nursed her injured paw.

Anonymous

"Oh, it's just you." The voice of the dragon wolf could be heard at somewhat of a distance behind the shewolf. He stood between a tree and a rather large rock that protruded from the ground. He slowly approached her, strapping the hilt of his new blade to his side, so not to come off as threatening. As he approached, he noticed the bladed boomerang that she had been admiring. Almost instantly upon seeing it, an image of a shewolf he knew long ago, holding something very similar to the weapon, popped into his head.
"Where did you find that?!" Slash suddenly bursted out, almost directly over the femme's shoulder. He seemed very surprised, not realizing that he might have frightened her. The dragon wolf stops for a second to regain his composure. It's probably only coincidental to find something so uncommon in another world.
"Forgive me, it's just... It's just that the weapon there reminds me of someone I once knew." Slash explained himself, hoping not to have sounded so rash before.

Anonymous

The femme wolf was so startled by his booming voice that she dropped the weapon on the grass. The impact depressed the button again and the blade clicked back to their sheathed position.

"I...I found it in the muck, over there..." she pointed.

Anonymous

Slash glanced over at the area the shewolf pointed to. He moved in the general direction of where she was pointing to find the remains of what would appear to be where someone previously was. The claw marks on the nearby trees indicated that there may have been a struggle of sorts in the area. Brushing aside the beads and leather scraps scattered about, the dragon wolf knelt down beside the torn backpack to pick it up. Perhaps he could find some significant sign within the backpack of who these remains belonged to.

Anonymous

The she-wolf still sat on her haunches, wondering what had just happened. After taking a moment to herself she stood, adjusted her dress, and inched away from where she had been sitting. The draconic beast had left the weapon in her possession, though she wasn't sure that she wanted it now. She glanced at it, warily, as though the thing would cut again, and sidestepped.

She placed it on a log and made to move back to the road, moving quickly, hoping to escape the visage of the demonic wolf.

The backpack contained little content: a small strike-flint, a wad of foliage, possibly an herb of some sort, a broken feather, and a few scraps of clothing, mostly linens that were infested with moth larvae.

Anonymous

The draconic wolf couldn't help but scratch his head in bewilderment. Nothing stands out remarkably to him from the remains. With that, he puts the backpack down and to back to the shewolf, or at least to where she was. Slash approached the said area and glanced around a bit. The sunbathed glare provided by the bladed boomerang quickly caught his attention. Without much thought, he moved to the weapon and picked up the memento and decided to keep it for memory's sake. Without a moment to spare, Slash began to move towards the road again to continue his journey elsewhere.

Anonymous

The she-wolf made her way down the road, padding briskly at the path with her boots, putting as much distance between herself and the stream as possible. The birds twittered and chirped above her head, and the sun streamed through the emerald leaves.

She had alot on her mind.

Anonymous

The streams of sunlight were suddenly slightly blotted out for a brief moment. Before long, a large pillar of fur dropped down from the trees above, directly in the shewolf's path. Leathery wings were spread out wide from behind the intimidating figure. Given how brisk the femme's pace was, she would probably collide with the mass of brown fur.
"Why are you in such a hurry?" Slash's voice carried out from the figure that had dropped from the trees.

Anonymous

And collide she did.

Pink eyes flew wide as she stood, half buried in the daemon-wolf's fur. She immediately pressed backward and cleared her throat, clearly embarrassed.

"I, uh, don't know...looking for a place to stay, I guess..." she said awkwardly, tugging at the skirt of her dress. "Where are you going?"