Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Draconic Inn

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2007, 07:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Slash listened to the female canine explain herself. He looked up to the leaves when she asked him where he was going.
"I'm leaving Zantaric to broaden my horizons. I have nothing else left." He paused for a moment, then looked back towards the shewolf.
"Besides, it's the morning and there's plenty of day left to travel in. If you're looking for a place to stay, you are pretty much straying in the opposite direction of the town. Zantaric is the other way. The way you are headed leads to another place, but very very far away." The draconic wolf seemed to know quite a bit about the lands as it already is.

Anonymous

The she-wolf looked about, then back at the draco-wolf. She half-shrugged, not knowing what else to do. The way he had put it had made her feel as though her circumstance was dire...she had no idea where she was, or rather, who she was. Even though his intense statements were, in her estimation, somewhat harsh, it seemed to be an invitation...perhaps he was willing to show her where to go?

She dropped her gaze and inquired, "May I go with you?"

Anonymous

A brown, furry eyebrow ridge suddenly perked up after the shewolf threw out her inquiry.  Not what he expected, but it would probably be the best for the both of them. Slash has been by himself for a quite a while now. He needs the company.
"Well, I suppose I could use the company. So, sure. I'm headed to the wonderful kingdom of Adela. You might like it. It's pretty big." After his brief words, the draconic wolf proceeds to continue his journey along the road. Naturally, he looked back to wave the shewolf to follow him.

Anonymous

The she-wolf also perked up and gazed after the draco-wolf. The prospect of having company was both reassuring and worrisome. She obligingly followed, silent yet eager to see the sites of the kingdom.

Anonymous

Slash waited for his new traveling companion to catch up to him. Once along side him, he turned his attention to her with a slight smile.
"So, since you don't know who you are, what should I call you?" The dragon wolf asks, maintaining his slight smile. Anything else would be better than calling her shewolf all the time. Also nice to know a bit about one's friends, new and old.

Anonymous

The she-wolf's ears perked up.

"Hmm? My name? Oh..." she thought a moment, screwing up her face into a puzzled expression. With her wide, pink eyes, it looked rather cute.

She thought long and hard, but couldn't conjure anything until...

"Oh! Wait! It's..."

Suddenly the shewolf's eyes went blank. Her lower lip began to tremble,  and her eyes widened.

Do NOT reveal your name...

She doubled over a bit, clutching at her head, as though she had a headache. Her breath came in short, panting gasps.

Anonymous

Just as Slash was about to receive an answer, the shewolf doubled over to clutch her head. The only reaction that could come from the dragon wolf was to quickly crouch to her side.
"Are you okay?" Slash asks, placing a brown furred paw upon her shoulder. This isn't really normal.

Anonymous

The she-wolf's eyes were closed by now, and she continued to shake and shudder. After a time the shuddering ceased, and she raised her eyes to the draco-wolf. She nodded and swallowed thickly.

"I...I think so." She stuttered, then sighed. "I am sorry...I get these...awful headaches..."

Anonymous

Slash stood up and scratched the bottom of his muzzle as heard the shewolf's reasoning. He pondered for a moment before coming to a conclusion.
"Perhaps I can help remedy your headache problem." He notes, reaching into his satchel to pull out a small stone bowl and a few herbs. Also in hand, he holds a small stone shaft that one would assume to be used for grinding the herbs into the stone bowl. He then picks a spot on the ground to sit on and proceed to crush the herbs into the stone bowl with the stone shaft.
"I learned how useful nature has been with what she provides. Someone I once knew has taught me the ways of herbology in a dire circumstance of the past. The talent has stayed with me since then." The draconic wolf explained as he continued to crush the herbs together.
"What I am working on is a solution to headaches. The aftertaste of it is awful, so I will need a bit of something more to add a some flavor to soften the blow to the tongue. If you could, go look in the forest for a berry bush. Look well though, because the red ones around here are poisonous." It seemed like Slash had left the shewolf with a task to go help him help her cure her headache problem.

Anonymous

The she-wolf twitched an ear and nodded. Slowly, she made her way into the forest.

She poked around many different bushed, but all of the berries seemed to be red here. She remembered well what Slash had said: red ones are poisonous. She rubbed at her temple, feeling the dull, aching throb somewhere deep in there. The gems imbedded in her arms seemed to ache as well.

Moving as briskly as she could, she went from brushy knoll to brushy knoll with little success. Finally, after a time, she found a bush with blackberries growing on it, cupped her skirt like a net, and began to pick them.

She squinted as she picked, hopping the throb in the deep recess of her mind would recede, but alas, it did not. It continued until at last...

The she-wolf perked up. Something was rustling through the bushes, moving quickly in her direction. She sniffed the air, catching the distinct taste of sulfer which caused her to recoil in horror. It was putrid, pungeant and made her nearly gag. She dropped her skirt, the berries scattering in many directions. The rustling grew louder, leaves began to dislodge from the bushes and scatter high into the air. The wind picked up; something was coming.

She had just enough time to turn and catch the glimpse of a shadowy figure leaping from the brush, throwing its torn and hole-riddled wings wide, screeching a horrible note with spittle dripping from elongated fangs. The flesh was hagrid, pock-marked and warped with disease, death and evil. Piercing white eyes dripped a vile fluid.

The she-wolf felt the pain in her head grow.

Anonymous

Just when Slash was about done with grinding the herbs together, the smell of sulfur hits his nose. This wasn't any normal form of sulfur. There was something more to it.
"Oh no." Only two words escaped the dragon wolf's maw as he instantly stood up. The smell came from the direction he had sent the shewolf in. Without time to think or recollect himself, Slash leaped up and shot his wings wide open. With a mighty flap, the winged lupine propelled himself through the trees at a rapid pace, following the scent of sulfur.

Anonymous

The demon descended, it's snarling crescendoed into a high-pitched rip of sound. The shewolf was too startled to move, but after a beat managed to leap aside, the demon landing heavily where she had stood, leaving claw impressions in the sodden earth.

It spun on her quickly, screeching an ethreal cry, saliva dripping from oversized fangs. It's eyes swirled with milky-white, it's thick tail lashing side to side. Hooked claws on its hands would tract and retract, much like those of a raptor of the olden Terra days, the claws of its feet mimicking the same movement. If pawed at the earth, eyeing the femme...she would make quiet a ready meal.

The shewolf quickly drew herself up to her feet, bracing herself, wondering how it would move and what she should do. She wanted to cry out for the daemonic-wolf, but didn't know how far she had gone to find the berries. Her head still throbbed, and the pulsating seemed to increase with the demon's proximity. She felt it drawn to her...she did not know why.

Until...

"SLASH!!!" The shewolf howled as the creature leaped again.

Anonymous

And as the demon leaped, a raging fireball pelted the fiend in the side of a head. This drastically changed the beasts' trajectory. The moment it collides with a nearby tree, the draconic wolf the shewolf had called for lands but twenty feet away from her. His chocolate brown eyes remained fixated on the demonic creature. Slash lacks a sword and wouldn't dare use the memento of his beloved, so he would have to do with what his capabilities could muster. The draconic wolf held up a hand, forming a fireball over his palm with his draconic breath. He awaits the next attack.

Anonymous

The demon hissed as Slash, the spittle dripping from its mouth sizzling as it touches the earth, burning the grasses. It eyed the beast, growling menacingly as the screech faded. Its tail lashed, its white eyes intense even though they had little depth. A forked tongue flicked from it's mouth, testing the air. Its smell seemed to leaden the air with a horrific fog. The shewolf had a hard time breathing.

Something was not right within her. The ache in her head was intense now, causing her to clutch her paws to her temples and slump her shoulders forward. The arrival of the demon had made it a hundred fold worse and she was beginning to feel dizzy and nausea set in. She whimpered.

Come get me...

The demon's eyes widened as the invitation echoed in the she-wolf's head. His gaze shifted from Slash to her, eyeing her every movement. Without regard to Slash, the demon lept, and Slash moved in to catch him. yet the demon feinted left instead of right, throwing Slash off-balance...the demon lashed out with a side-kick and put the draco-wolf over on his side. Then, without further hesitation, he lept for the she-wolf.

The femme had no time to look up as the pounding grew impossible to bear. The demon was upon her instantaneously, gripping one of her arms with his clawed hands and lifting her solidly from the earth. The femme howled in utter fear and pain, her shoulder having been wrenched in the process. The demon wrapped its other clawed hand about her waist and turned the slight wolf toward Slash, eyeing him maliciously.

Before the draco-wolf's very eyes, the demon seemed to gain a hint of mirth to its vile smile. The claws about her waist shot upward and the demon groped the femme wolf, a deep, throatly grunt resembling a laugh escaping him. The she-wolf opened her eyes and struggled, howling as she did so, trying to turn away from the beast.

Anonymous

Slash's eyes widened and at the same time, lost all sign of their pupils. Had it been night, the constant white glow that emitted from Slash's eyes would illuminate the general area. A brief flashback of Dis, standing over Sunni's ravaged body struck the dragon wolf's mind and amplified his rage to the situation. The dragonfire in his palm doubled in size with merely his thoughts on the matter. The snarl on his maw became greatly visible when Slash padded forward into breakneck sprint, simultaneously throwing the dragonfire towards the demon.
The fireball flew by the creature's head, barely catching its attention. With the distraction came a fur covered fist, directly at the side of the demon's head. Slash's momentum caused the horrific beast to fly back into a tree, releasing the shewolf in the process. The draconic wolf stood his ground, next to the fallen shewolf with his glare still focused on the demon. After giving enough time for the creature to stand back up and screech at him, Slash raised his arm and clenched his fist tightly in front of his face. In a flash of light, the fireball the dragon wolf had previously tossed struck the ground before the beast in a diagonal angle.
The lower half of the demon's torso and its legs were all that was left standing. The fireball had fallen from the sky to tear through the trees and incinerate whatever part of the demon it touched. The aftermath of the dragonfire had dissolved into the ground. Slash's eyes returned to normal when the deed was done.
"Are you okay?" Slash's voice resonated as he watched the remains of the hellish creature slump to the ground.

Anonymous

The shewolf crossed her arms over her chest, pushing herself up to her knees. Her eyes were tightly shut.

"How could you?!" she cried out.

Anonymous

Slash's facade gained a visual of confusion in an instant. After lowering his eyebrows in befuddlement, he turned his head to the shewolf.
"What is it you speak of?" The dragon wolf questioned, confused by the sudden reaction. Did he do something? Did she think it might have been him that groped her?

Anonymous

Even as Slash was speaking the she-wolf was up on her feet, clutching her arms to herself, her eyes still closed.

"How could you do that to me?" She said, seemingly to Slash. "How could you...that loathesome, vile thing...I didn't..."

She paused for what seemed like a long moment.

"Then let it have killed me!" she said throwing an arm out to gesticulate. It was at this point that Slash realized he was the receiving end of the conversation. She was having one with herself.

"Let it have killed me...but to...touch me like that.....[long pause].....a reaction. A reaction!"

The shewolf stomped around in a circle, gesticulating wildly, obivously very upset. She growled and wimpered alternatingly, still covering herself protectively. She smelled faintly of sulfur.

"I don't want to do this any more. Any more! Get out of my head!"

She began to cry.

Anonymous

At first, Slash was lost on the whole matter. After a moment of observation, he came to the conclusion that she was having an internal debate. He watched intently, wondering what could be going on. That last thing that came from the shewolf's mouth is what stood out to him the most. There was an unknown entity inside her. Perhaps a demon, given the smell of sulfur that has been picked up by the dragon wolf.
"Who are you talking to?" Slash manages after a brief moment.

Anonymous

The shewolf turned on him, her eyes now open, brimmed with tears, the irises dialated.

"There...is this voice in my head...it will not shut up!" her voice was a bit screechy, but not very hard on the ears. "It keeps saying things about killing someone and killing someone but I don't know who..."

Suddenly her eyes flew wide and she covered her maw with her paws, backing away from Slash. "It's YOU! The person it wants me to kill is YOU!"