Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Warrior-King Returns

Started by Tally, February 22, 2005, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

The gray twilight just before dawn finds Adela castle cold and dark, and Akkiel notes the feeling of stagnation as he rides toward the gates.  The great castle looks melancholy and pitiful in the predawn gloom. No banners fly from the towering spires.

That will be the first thing he changes.

He throws his hood back as he and his retinue reach the gates, and the astonished guards open the way for him. A knot begins tying up his stomach as he passes beneath the outer wall and into the courtyard, and he doesn't expect it will untie itself any time soon.  The courtiers bow and curtsy as he rides up to the main doors of the keep, and the knot tightens. Your Grace, they call him, eyes wide in surprise, and he tries to look at them the way a king would, tries to ride the way a king would ride and carry himself in a kingly fashion, but it all feels like a bad performance, and he's sure they can see right through it.

But never mind that. He is the king, whether he feels like a king or not, and he's damn well not going to waste time worrying when he's got objectives to meet. He may not know how to act like a king, but he knows how to give orders, and right now that's all that matters.

He steels himself and dismounts, carrying three long bundles wrapped in red cloth. He sweeps past the courtiers and servants and storms into the Great Hall where the two thrones sit upon a dais, and there he stops. Two thrones. All he's heard about this Lykoth is that she exists. Whether or not she's a competent ruler or just a silly girl playing queen he has yet to discover.

Anonymous

The knight had decided long ago that being pregnant sucked… A lot. So, after the ritual morning sickness that she had gotten used to she had begun to start her rounds as usual. Tarlaka still felt like absolute crap and walking around in heavy armor wasn’t helping, but being one of the more high-ranking knights she had to set an example, even if she was a little green. So after making at least one round of the castle before quickly dashing off to empty the contents of her stomach she was rather pissed to see a few new guards hanging around. With a roll of her silver-blue eyes she walked over to them, her booted feet giving them fair warning of her ever nearing presents. “Just what the hell are you doing?� She asked, her voice oddly cold and distant sounding. She was masking her nausea quiet well, but she had gone oddly pale. Apparently pregnancy, while hiding to also, didn’t agree with the half elf. The young guards jumped at her voice and then quickly scattered about, only one stayed behind and he explained. “King Akkiel is back.� He said simply. Tarlaka rolled her eyes, they wouldn’t know, they hadn’t been there that long.

So Tarlaka decided to check it out for herself, finding the red headed man in no time. Tarlaka walked into the room and put her hands on her hips, instantly regretting it as it caused her stomach to flop over and make her go a tad paler. The knight looked at the red head for a moment and silently whispered, “Well, I’ll be damned.� Tarlaka, being as she once was, the cocky knight who only spoke out of line once in a while said. “You know, Your Highness… You should really stop disappearing… You had us worried this time.� Tarlaka didn’t really look like old prim and proper Tarlaka, feathers were out of place on her black wings and her hand her hands at her side, and a smirk on her face. Careful not to cause anything that would make her want to go and throw up again.

Tally

Akkiel is still staring at the two thrones when he hears a familiar voice behind him, and he grins as he turns around. He saw as he was riding up that Adela's guards had thinned out; there weren't nearly as many sentries walking the wall as there should have been, and those that he did see didn't exactly look like trained veterans. At least there was still one familiar face around here, one person he could put his trust in for the difficult talk of pulling Adela out of it's slumbering state.  Was Denkou still here as well?

"I had something to take care of," Akkiel says with a smirk, striding over to lean the long packages he's carrying up against the wall. And I leapt at the excuse to get out of here, he thinks. But I suppose there's no escaping the inevitable.

Akkiel turns back to Tarlaka and scrutinizes her for a moment.  "What happened to you? You look like hell," he says, noting her disheveled feathers and the awkward, uncomfortable way she's carrying herself. "You sick or something?"

Anonymous

The smirk turned into a grin when he turned around and she was careful not to cause anything that would make her want to vomit again. She didn’t like doing that. Casting her silver-blue eyes to the things Akkiel had been carrying she gave him an odd look and made a point of looking around the room before talking out of rank. “I feel like hell… Probably just the 24-hour flu or something… I promise not to hug you or anything.� She smiled and then walked over to a wall and pressed her forehead to it, she didn’t have a fever, she knew what was wrong with her, and Tarlaka just wasn’t going to tell anyone until the last minute… Or until it slipped. It would probably slip. Tarlaka’s deshelved wings drooping down so the tips rested on the ground and she closed her eyes for a moment before pushing off the wall wincing while she did so. Okay… anything that had to do with moving tummy muscles made her want to throw up, pressing a hand to her stomach and closing her eyes, she put up a finger as in ‘just a minute’ and dashed out of the room.

After a few minutes Tarlaka came back looking much better and not as green, but she still feel nauseous and then pulled her wings close to her back. “Sorry… The food wouldn’t stay down.� The knight said, her voice as if she was talking to an old friend. Tarlaka cast her silver blue eyes over to the things against the wall and nodded with her chin towards them.

“What are those?� She looked to Akkiel to the packages and back again, an eyebrow raised in question.

Anonymous

Denkou was one of the first ones to learn of the king's return as he was on lookout on the highest tower of Adela Castle. That is also the reason he is not the first to welcome Akkiel home. The journey back down was a bit time consuming. Denkou's form suddenly come barreling out of the base of the tower on top of the wall. He sprints across the wall a ways before leaping off the edge to land a great distance away from the wall, just before the main doors that lead to the throne room. The lightning mage then stands back up and brushes himself off before striding into the room.
Though Tarlaka may be in the room, he trys to remain focused on the more important matter. Although, the more important matter to Denkou right now is Tarlaka herself. No matter, the king is back and needs to be reinstalled to the higher power of Adela. Denkou immediately kneels down to one knee after entering the room.
"Welcome home, your majesty. I trust you are in good health?" Denkou notes, not even raising his head from his kneeling position.  Mercenary most of his life, but now a loyal knight of a beautiful kingdom. Denkou Tora, a man full of endless surprises.

Tally

Akkiel's grin turns slightly suggestive, and he's about to suggest—as a joke, of course— that he wouldn't at all mind a hug from her when she seems to sick up and goes to rest her forehead against the wall.  He watches her with a raised eyebrow. He's never seen her in a state like this before, but before he can say anything she sweeps out of the Great Hall and leaves him wondering what in the world is wrong with her.

Akkiel shrugs and sifts through the bundles leaning against the wall until he finds the one he's looking for. He parts the silken red fabric and examines the contents, smiling to himself, but when he hears Tarlaka returning, he wraps it back up again.  "Y'know when most people get the flu, they make an effort to get better. Surely the castle wouldn't fall apart if you were to rest for a couple days," he says. Odd that Tarlaka would needlessly push herself like that. He would have thought her more sensible.

Denkou makes his arrival then, and Akkiel has to smile at the knight's formality. The weretiger hasn't changed, it seems. "I'm better than ever, Denkou, better than ever! And I'm glad someone knows how to greet his king," Akkiel says with a sly side glance at Tarlaka. Not that he minds her talking to him like he's a real person. He prefers it actually, at least when they're not among the court.

"Go on, stand up, Denkou," he said, holding up the long, wrapped bundle in his hands. "I want to show you one of the things that took me away from Adela." Akkiel sweeps the red cloth away and it flutters to the ground, revealing the greatsword that took him so long to forge. It's a beautiful instrument of destruction, the shimmering blade a dark red metal that calls to mind the color of dried blood. The metal of the grip and hilt are etched with roses, and the brilliant red flowers climb a thorny path up the back of the blade. Akkiel holds it out for them to admire for a moment, for anyone with any sense of swordsmanship could appreciate such a weapon.

Then he steps back and swipes the air. The blade sings along its red arc. "It's called Thorn," he says, watching the blade leave a faint crimson glow in the air. "It's magic-forged.  Took me forever to make it, but it was worth it." He holds the sword steady, and it radiates a feeling of destructive power held carefully in check. "I can do real damage with this thing. What do you think?"

Anonymous

Silver-blue eyes watch Akkiel wrap something back up and then she smirked slightly at his comment. She knew the castle wouldn’t fall apart, but she also knew that this ‘flu’ would be lasting for a while, she got enough rest… About eight hours of it. “I know that, but the slackers will slack even more if I wasn’t there to scare them back into position. Damn kids…â€? Tarlaka put her hands on her hips and shook her head and then heard the footsteps of another, not knowing who it was she cast a glance. It was him.  Tarlaka quickly turned her head the other way so she didn’t look at him, currently she whished she’d never met the guy who was incidentally the reason for her feeling like hell. The half elf didn’t look at Denkou, didn’t even glance at him but she did pull her wings closer to her body and around her legs slightly, the long feathered tips nearly brushing one another.

At Akkiels comment she shot him a sly look then mockingly she put a gloved hand to her mouth and gave a sharp gasp, “I didn’t even say hello! I still called you Your Highness… that has to count for something, coming from me.â€?  She winked and then watched keenly as he unwrapped his sword, she just stared at it, her mouth slightly open and her eyes looking over it. It was lovely, and it suited him. “It suits you.â€? Tarlaka mimicked her thought and then looked down at where her own swords would usually be, with a sigh she realized she had forgotten them. Hmm, minus one Tarlaka, plus one Denkou. The captain kept her eyes on the red blade and a sudden wave of dizziness made her plop down on her bottom slow but gracelessly, her wings folded out on the ground and her head ducked down, her black and blue hair covering her face. As she sat there one hand was on the floor and the other was on her stomach and she just sat there staring at the ground for a moment before looking up again.  â€œSorry about that… I had to sit down and the floor was the closest.â€? Tarlaka muttered and once again refused to look at Denkou, mostly afraid that her eyes would show that she had a secret. Tarlaka looked back up at the sword and gave Akkiel a rare smile that she didn't give out to often these days. "You'll strike fear into the hearts of... anything that dosn't like the colour red."

Anonymous

The whole time, Denkou tried so hard to keep his focus away from Tarlaka, but was failing miserbly internally. He stared hard at the ground before Akkiel told him to stand. Even then, he began to sweat a bit. Other than that, he kept his cool. When Akkiel drew his newfound greatsword, Denkou could only marvel at its magnificance. Suitable for Akkiel indeed. Denkou was almost speechless, but alas...
"Beautiful... It makes me wonder if it's even natural for a king to craft his own blade. Were you not a skilled smith before you were crowned?" Denkou asks hisleader in his highest power. Though Denkou may seem completely focused on Akkiel with his blade, endless thoughts of Tarlaka continued to plague his mind. Especially when she dropped to the ground. A rather large wave of concern washed over him in that instant.

Tally

Akkiel gives Thorn a couple more swings. The air hums over the blade and it takes a few seconds before the faint red afterglow fades away.  "I had the help of two master smiths in making this, Denkou," Akkiel says, holding the sword up and studying the blade. The deep crimson steel was folded so many times he can see the ripples beneath the smooth surface. This sword belongs in his hand; in a very real way, it is an extension of himself. He can't wait to get some real use out of it. "It was the magic that I contributed. No one can use this sword but me, and anyone who touches it will encounter an unpleasant surprise. And it's not just for fighting. Thorn will be the king's justice. I'll be using it for executions—"

He cuts off when Tarlaka sinks to the ground, and he frowns down at her. She must be more ill than she let on.  "You're no good to anyone if you can't even stand up," he says, and he returns her smile with one of his own as he reaches down to offer her a hand up. "Go get some rest. Denkou can handle your responsibilities 'til you're well again." He glances at Denkou. "Right?"

Anonymous

Tarlaka looked back up and focused on the hand that was in front of her face, this was worse than she had first thought it would be. The knight placed her gloved hand in the kings and pulled herself up and widened her stance so she didn’t fall down, all she did was nod her head and then give a deeper nod out of respect. Her blue bangs shielding her face, and her head down slightly and her wings pulled up close to her back, she had her face turned away from them so she let her features mask her feelings, which was just pure feeling like crap. Tarlaka got to the door and turned around and waved, an apologetic smile on her face, “I’ll probably feel better later… So don’t give Denkou all my work.� So, with that Tarlaka turned around and went back to her room, pulling off the armor when she closed the door, and feel into bed wearing the black body suit and her knees curled to her chin. Tarlaka was out like a light.

((OOC: gyaa-aah… short >_>))

Anonymous

Denkou forced all of his focus on Akkiel. As much as he wanted to help Tarlaka, he didn't want to make himself seem to attached to her. He wanted to let the world know about his feelings for her, but it can wait. Besides, the king needs to get used to his kingdom before recieving word of such news. Denkou listened carefully but didn't turn too much to view his fallen commander. When Akkiel commented directly to him, Denkou immediately stood straight like any normal soldier and stared straight ahead of himself.
"Right!" Denkou replies with his one word. Denkou was not used to leadership, especially as a commander of knights. It may be something completely new to him, but he has the ability to adapt rapidly. He just has to think that he's not being paid for this. He's doing it all out of his own free will. Serving Adela on his own terms. After Tarlaka took her leave, Denkou seemingly relaxed a bit.

Tally

After Tarlaka takes her leave of them, Akkiel turns back to the two thrones sitting empty on the dais. He's surprised this Lykoth hasn't made an appearance yet. Everything depends on her character. She could make the process of restoring Adela to a state of glory a much easier ordeal, or she could complicate matters immeasurably.  He'll find out soon enough.

Akkiel locates Thorn's sheath amid the bundles he brought with him.  Like the sword, it is decorated with his personal symbol, the red rose. Akkiel sheaths Thorn and strolls toward the thrones. He takes his own sweet time in ascending the dais, but when he does, he sinks down upon the king's throne and drapes his leg over one of the arms, holding the sheathed sword across his lap. An unexpected thrill of power courses through him as he looks down upon the whole of the Great Hall. "I could get used to this," he says, for he's never actually sat in the throne before.

"So, Denkou," Akkiel says, "what can you tell me about Lykoth? How long has she been here? What's she like, how does she govern? What are her priorities?"

Anonymous

Riding horseback for two days and having little dragon claws dig into one’s shoulder became annoying and painful. Sharlee was about to give a cry of happiness when she finally came across the kingdom of Adela, and nudged her shoulder, which said to the little dragon “Get off and fly the rest of the way.â€? Which was a bad idea on her part because the little white dragon that was fondly named Doeshe, it’s funny when she wrote it down and people read it, no one would ever expect it said the way it looked. For a while Sharlee and Doeshe just slowly made their way, the little white dragon after they went about fifteen feet, began to speed up. Now Sharlee not being the best at riding horses when they are moving quickly, was holding on for dear life, her waist length braid bouncing around her shoulder and her violet eyes closed tight. “Doesheeee! Waiit!â€? she called to the little white dragon, peeking to see the little dragon duck under a doorway. Sharlee didn’t want to loose her little dragon, she pulled the horses reins and it stopped.  With a somewhat Violent lurch she pitched forward and pretty much flopped over the horses side, though she still landed on her slipper clad feet, and her dress still looked okay, it wasn’t torn or anything.

Doeshe was being a menace, he loved the color red, and it was like radar. If the colour red was near, he would be there in three seconds chewing on it, clawing at it or… marking it as his; nobody liked the last one much. The little white Dragon made his way around, chirping happily and swooping into a great hall in time to see a red headed man sweep a glowing red thing around and a woman with black wings leave. Fascinated the little dragon watched for a moment until the man sat down and placed the red thing in the sheath on his lap. Ha… Now was the time to swoop. And that is what little Doeshe did, he swooped and landed on the head of the seated one, chirping happily and giving triumphant calls out at his wondrous find.

Sharlee on the other hand was frantic, afraid that if she didn’t find her dragon soon the knights and what not would come and find her and kick her out without finding her sister and her dragon first. But, the chirps gave the little white runt away and the Elvin lady marched her way towards it. As she entered the room she gave no notice at first to the people inside the room as her violet eyes feel onto the white dragon. Sharlee didn’t look much like Tarlaka in body build, Sharlee was shorter and wasn’t very muscular, but they had the same hair and eyes, only they were different colors of course. If someone had known Tarlaka for a while, you would be able to tell these two were related. Her violet glare was on the dragon and she forced herself to look down at the person he was sitting on and how this person was sitting, this caused her to blush, curtsy and then avert her gaze and keep a hand up to block her view should she give in and try and sneak another peak. “My Apologies highness, but my Dragon… I’m Sharlee Glockmoor; I’m here to see Tarlaka… is she still here? Do you know her?� Okay, maybe not the best at introductions… But that would have to do. For now.

Rhindeer

Lykoth had been a ball of nerves ever since a servant arrived in her chambers to inform her that the king had arrived. There had been absolutely no warning; she hadn't heard the slightest bit of news during her week here that had even hinted that he was expected to return, and she wasn't the slighest bit prepared. Not to meet him, at least! As for the kingdom, she'd done as much as she could in so little time, hardly sleeping as she poured over information, gathered information, and worked to get important positions filledâ€"which was probably the most difficult part, and one she hadn't had much success in, yet. But she was picky, and she was still getting her bearings here.

But her main concern wasn't so much with getting positions filled as it was with taking care of security issues. The neighboring kingdom had suffered an attack recently, not days after she arrived. All the more reason to get the lacking military up to par. Thank Gods she had brought some of her own men with her, and thank Gods that new recruits had already begun to come inâ€"that was one area, at least, that she had begun to successfully tackle. The Guard Captain hadn't seemed too pleased about that, though...

But all the same, there was so much she wanted to get done, but it also took time and careful planning. It was far too soon for the king to return...she hadn't yet done all that much, and she couldn't help but fear he'd be displeased. She was under scrutiny as it was; she was a foreigner, after all! What would Adela's true ruler think? What was he like? She knew nothing about him...well, she knew all the history behind him, all the facts, and he sounded like a strong leader, but as for him, what he was like, the personal details? She had nothing.

She'd thought she'd been stressed before, but now she was in a near panic.

Rushing about her room, she poured over her clothes, sifting through them quickly, and made sure to push aside her native garments; uncomfortable as they were, until she became known and trusted, she wouldn't even consider wearing anything but the styles of this land. First impressions were key. No, not that one...or that one...too young, too old, too bright, too dull, low cut, high cut...she really did hate the superficial aspect of what was expected of a person of power, but...it was her role, and she had to play by it.

She finally changed into a blue-gray dress that was modest, but not prudish, with a neckline that hinted at cleavage, but revealed none. It was...safe. Too high and she'd come across as a stiff, too low and she'd come across as a flake. Neither was good. Neutral was the best bet.

Taking a deep breath, she smoothed out her gown and made sure her overall appearance was acceptable. Alright. It was time...

As she was escorted to the Great Hall, her stomach tried its damnedest to twist itself into a great knot, and she paused a moment before the large doors to get her bearings. Regal. Regal. Think regal. This king had experience behind him...this was his kingdom. She'd be under scrutiny, and she was prepared and ready to accept it; in fact, she expected it, and would find it odd if she recieved none! She could do this. She'd done similar before. This shouldn't be so nerve wracking.

Taking another breath, she allowed the doors to be opened for her and stepped inside, and raised her eyes expectantly toward the dais.

And what she saw was the so far from what she expected that she couldn't have even imagined it herself!

A man no older than herself sat casually upon the king's throne, leg drapped over one of the arms and a sheathed sword in his lap. And an unmistakingly draconic creature atop his head, chirping happily.

At first, Lykoth just stood there, gray eyes wide and unblinking. Maybe she'd entered the wrong room. Why there would be thrones in any other room, she had no idea, but maybe this wasn't the Great Hall and the servant had been mistaken. Or maybe the king hadn't arrived yet...and that was someone else, just having some fun on the throne or...something. But then a woman in the room spoke...and addressed him as "Highness". And there was a knight she recognized in the room, too...

She blinked finally...and then suddenly realized she was gaping, and quickly closed her mouth, though her eyes were still undoubtedly wide. That...was the king...that she had been so worried to meet...so worried about first impressions over...

Her lips twitched suddenly, surprise and outright shock suddenly merging into mirth at the irony of the situation, but she quickly cleared her throat to prevent the sudden giggle from bubbling out and covered her mouth with a slender hand to hide her curving lips. "Your...Your Highness..." Her voice wavered, no longer in nervousness but in the effort it took to hold her laughter in. She had been worried about making a good first impression! "I am Lykoth." She reminded herself to curtsey, and cautiously lowered her hand to execute it. She hoped from where he was he couldn't see the smirk that she tried hard to tame.

And then, straightening, "Have I...come at a bad time...?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

Kylanya followed silent and invisible behind her charge, unable to find a break to help ease Lykoth's worries but she could tell that there really was no reason for her to be worrying that much, so perhaps it was better for her to worry a bit and then realize that worrying wasn't always the best way to waste your time.  

Sliding through the wall right into the chamber, the muse sat herself delicated on the windowsill, her back leaning against the wall so she faced the thrones and could watch the display of regality take place.  Perhaps she wasn't needed right now, but if anything was brought up in a discussion...perhaps both Lykoth and the genuine ruler of Adela could benefit from her intercession.

Not to mention that she wanted to make sure she could shoot down any false rumors that could possibly spread about the stand in Queen.  Perhaps it was a bit unorthodox the way she worked...after all, muses were suppose to stay silent and hidden from sight no matter what they felt should be done.  Apollo had willed them to help inspire the world, not play their own seperate roles in the outcome....but Apollo had been silent for centuries and her mind was sent.

She liked Lykoth from the short period she had been with her, and wanted to do anything to help keep her name free from all blemishes.

Tally

No sooner are Akkiel's words out of his mouth than something swoops down and attaches itself to his head! Instinctively, he springs to his feet and swipes at his head with his free hand, knocking the thing to the floor and getting a look at it for the first time. A dragon?!

"Bloody hell, I forgot how damned weird this place is," he says, scowling and rubbing his head. "I think that thing took out some of my hair!" Damn it all, couldn't he have had just one freakin' day of peace? Does it really have to start as soon as he walks into gods-be-damned door?

He turns back towards Denkou and freezes, one hand still on his head. Perfect, just bloody perfect. Two noblewomen wandered in just in time to see the stupid dragon make an idiot of him. Wonderful way to begin his reign. "Uh..." His tongue doesn't seem to want to form words.

And then they introduce themselves. Akkiel wouldn't have thought his eyes could get any wider, but somehow they manage it. The elven woman...it seems she knows Tarlaka, and the troublesome little dragon belongs to her. But the other...the queen? Queen Lykoth? The one person he most dreaded meeting, and she happens to walk in on him in one of the most undignified moments of his life?

He stares at Lykoth for a moment more before the humor of the situation strikes him and he bursts out laughing.  He falls backward onto the throne and lets Thorn drop to the floor as he laughs. "For...forgive, me Lykoth," he says, breathless. " It's just, that I pictured our first encounter going much differently!" " he says, beginning to regain his composure. How anxious he was over this meeting! And how easily one mischievous little dragon breaks all the tension! Now, if only Lykoth can see the humor in this as well, perhaps the two of them will be able to relate to each other on some level. "It's a pleasure to meet you at last, Queen Lykoth. And you as well, Lady Sharlee, though I'm afraid Captain Tarlaka is indisposed at the moment." He smiles at Sharlee to show her he takes no insult over the dragon. "The dragon is yours, then?"

Fitting that she would bring a dragon into the Great Hall at this time. That is a good sign, and in a few moments they will all understand why.

Anonymous

Barely the moment that he had landed he was flying through the air again, though not on his own accord. With a squawk of pain and slight annoyance he jumped up again and glared at the red head. His beady blue eyes little slits as he glared, if looks could kill, Akkiel would be twitching on the floor with the amount of hate and anger little Doeshe was channeling though his blue gaze. But there wasn’t much of a lose, he did get some of those pretty red hairs and the evidence was between his white little claws, for this, he could forgive the tall person.

The young lady had her bottom lip between her teeth casting a quick slight glare that wasn’t as hidden as she would have liked it to be for making her little dragon hit the ground. Sharlee walked over to Doeshe, and picked his up, spotting the red hairs and the King rubbing his head. Without really thinking the pulled the red hairs from between Doeshe’s claws and moved her shoulder down slightly for him to hop up onto. He did and she walked over to King Akkiel holding the hairs out and smiling slightly. “Um.. I believe these are yours your Highness, I’ll just… put them here…� Sharlee looked around for a moment, the few hairs between her thumb and index finger. She herself had no idea what the hell she was doing giving back pulled out hair, but she was rather out of it right now so, she would just leave them there, on the floor. The black haired elf put the hairs on the floor in front of the King and then bowed again, now where to find Captain Tarlaka.

Who would have thought that? From a lady to a captain of Adelan knights, the last time Sharlee had been there she was just a normal knight. Oh well, her violet eyes looked to Denkou for a moment then looked to the Queen Lykoth as if suddenly realizing she was there, Sharlee curtsied towards the other female and then slightly stood off to the side, waiting for her turn to ask her question. So, where was Tarlaka anyway? Sharlee surprised a sigh and stood politely with her hands clasped at her front, a slight smile on her face when Doeshe nuzzled beneath her ear.

Rhindeer

Oh, but the look on his face when Akkiel noticed her was priceless! Lykoth almost lost it right there, almost forgot who he was, who she was, and burst into a fit of laughter. She didn't think she'd ever seen someone's eyes grow that wide, nor could she say she'd ever had the opportunity to walk in on such a humorously chaotic situation. Her lips spasmed, and she pursed them in an attempt to hold in the laughter as he stared at her. And she could only stare back and attempt to keep a straight faceâ€"or the semblance of one, at least. Which was proving difficult, given the situation, and only made even more difficult when the noblewoman in the room made to return the king's hair to him!

But she didn't want to be rude or offend him! That would be the worst thing she could possibly do, and she wanted to start out on good terms with him, andâ€"

And then he burst out laughing suddenly, and fell back against the throne, dropping his sword to the ground.

That did it for Lykoth. A moment later and she, too, was laughing, one dark hand covering her mouth as she giggled uncontrollably. Oh, Gods, she actually giggled! She couldn't remember the last time she'd done that! In moments she was breathless and wiping tears from her eyes, shaking her head as he apologized, breathless as she now was! "Oh...no...no need to...to apologize..." she managed, working to stifle the flow of laughter. "I imagined this going much differently, as well. Gods, but I was afraid to meet you, Your Highness!" She took a deep breath, slowly regaining control of her lungs.

He wasn't anything like she had pictured. She didn't know what she had pictured to begin with, but certainly not this! It was a pleasant change from the tension she had become used to feeling, a nice break from all the formalities, from the dread that had been accumilating the closer she got to this room! Now all that was gone...and this was the first time she'd laughed since arriving in this country.

"It is truly a pleasure to meet you, King Akkiel," she said, brushing one of her many short, red braids from her eyes before curtseying again out of habit. "And you, Lady Sharlee."

And her dragon, too, for happening upon a meeting that had had the potential to be nerve-wracking.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Denkou had a hard time pondering about Akkiel's questions. Mainly because he had not spent much time around the new higher ranking figure much. He most certainly didn't want to lie to anyone either. He was in a mess... until the little dragon flew into the vicinity and caused a ruckuss. Then a young elven lady and the Standin Queen herself managed to happen onto the scene right when the dragon made a bafoon of the king. Denkou merely smiled when Akkiel began to laugh. Nice for a kingdom to have a power figure with quite the sense of humor. The girl asking about Tarlaka slightly rose curiousity with Denkou. He neglected to say anything for the moment though. that can wait for the moment. The weretiger was relieved that he didn't have to answer the questions after all. Time was working in his favor.
"Perhaps the best answers you could recieve would be to ask for them from the very person herself, your majesty." Denkou notes once the commotion dies down.
"In the meantime, I will leave you to consult with her highness." Denkou finishes, turning towards the exit of the room. He walks most of the way to the main doors before stopping just before the elven lady.
"I'd take you to Tarlaka's quarters, but she is currently ill and need the time to rest. Perhaps you can come back in a couple of days to see if she is in any condition to consult with anyone." He explains to the girl.

Tally

Akkiel just barely manages to stop himself from slapping a hand to his forehead when the Lady Sharlee attempts to return his hair. Hmm, she must be a bit of an air head. Not that that's a bad thing; intelligent women are more difficult to handle. Come to think of it, he's never been with an elven woman before...

He blinks a couple times and sets his mind down along a more proper road. Courtiers, servants, and guardsmen have started filling up the Great Hall as news of his return gets around the castle. Now would be the perfect time to reveal Adela's new sigil and flag.

"A moment, Denkou," Akkiel says, bounding up from the throne and standing upon the dais, looking down at the gathered crowd. "I am about to make my first pronouncement as king, and I want you to be here for it."

His eyes find Lykoth and he inclines his head towards the dais. "Come, let us make this decree together." Akkiel would be the first to admit that he doesn't know as much about governing a nation as he should. What he knows is battle and war. All he can do is take those principles and try to apply them here, and one rule of war is that you must always appear unified. The enemy must never see division among your ranks. And so, for as long as Lykoth is queen and he is king, the two of them will speak with one voice, act as one soul. She must not stand below him, curtsying to him as a courtier would. She must stand level with him, and let the world see that Adela is solid as stone and immoveable as a mountain from high to low.