Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"A Dragon at rest tends to stay at rest...

Started by Anonymous, September 03, 2007, 11:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

('ang on, 'ang on... I'm gonna post, just not atm >.< Gotta get some ideas going for this thread :P)

Anonymous

By the time (however brief it was) that Kasumi had returned, Atsuko was already at the river again, the enchanted scale making a large plume of steam as it was cooled in the river water. After a moment of this, the scale was cold as stone, a bearable temperature. Smiling, the kitsune enchantress lifted the glowing scale from the water, and beads of water still clinging reflected a lot of red light from them, like rubies dripping from its surface.

The kitsune-onna turned to the dragoness, clutching that scale which had shrunken just a little bit from the magicworking upon it... It was a special, special scale now, that much was absolutely certain. The little vixen looked down at the herbs, and scooped them up in her tails, but did not much else with them at that moment.

"Here, Kasumi-sama...." Atsuko offered, the scale throbbing with the energy stored within it. "A gift for your kindness, my friend." she said, the strange, enchanted scale glowing a little brighter as she brought it near the dragoness."For you: A Scale of Moonfire. Set it into your breast, kind one, and you shall be given a special gift... in the light of the moon, your scales shall be as shining diamonds... and your breath shall be a sword to cleave mountains, so they say. The greater the moon, the greater the rune's effects shall be. Or... if you so choose..."

She said, still offering it with extended arms...
"In the light of a full moon... you can call a miracle of moonfire from its magic, and have it spent. This gift I freely give, good dragoness... may it serve you well."

Anonymous

((A great many appologies for my absence.))

Fortunately the kitsune seemed to suffer no lingering effect from the burn, as far as she could tell at least. She was glad of this. Watching Atsuko work in the water, now seeing she had the scale aswell, Kasumi sat on the bank once again, letting the foxling finish her work without her further interuption. She wasn't entirely sure what the girl was up to, but it seemed important to her for she did it with such foccus.

When Atsuko shortly turned and presented the scale back to her with an explination of it's intended power, Kasumi was a little surprised. She knew the kitsune had magic, but she hadn't guessed it quite so strong as she now showed. "Powerful magic indeed. You are quiet skilled." The dragoness bows her head as she gently excepts the newly enchanted scale. "and thank you for your own kind offer."