Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Breaths in a New Realm [open]

Started by Anonymous, November 04, 2007, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Purple jolts shot at random from an epicentric point that had appeared in the middle of a forest clearing. Power swelled and the area became distorted as a small hole began to form in the air. The tear swirled with energy and suddenly burst open, releasing a large amount of energy. A girl fell from the rip and laid on the ground beneath it in a daze. The tear began to right itself, healing as rapidly as it had come, and then vanishing as if it was never there. The only thing remaining was the crumpled figure of a girl in a black cloak on the ground.

Anonymous

How did he get himself lost...again?

The white-haired half-elf continued to walk through the forest without the slightest clue as to where he might be. His different-colored eyes--the left one a golden yellow, the right a bright turquoise--gazed left and right. He could have sworn that he had passed that tree before. He sighed in annoyance; he was going in circles.

The half-elf ran a hand through his ridiculously long white hair and wrapped his long white coat around him to guard his slim frame from the cold breeze that swept through the forest. As he did, he wondered exactly how long he was going to be in this forest.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a black-cloaked girl crumpled on the ground. He looked at her, knelt down, then said, "Oi, are you okay?"

Anonymous

Aya heard the crunching of leaves faintly over the whistling breeze as something approached.  Immediately questions of who or what was approaching and what to do ran through her mind.  She had an overwhelming feeling of exhaustion that came paired with her first adventure through the void, and as such decided to

She finally got a grip on herself as she heard a male's voice behind her.

"Oi, are you okay?"

Aya put on a worried look and slowly sat up.  She turned her head to the man and replied.

"Y...yes, I'm fine...don't worry, my knee just buckled."

Aya had an embarrassed expression on her face as she looked at the man.  She tried to bring herself to her feet, falling again in the process.

"Hehe, I must look like a fool trying to get up like this."

Anonymous

Angel gave out a chuckle, though it didn't sound like a "Ha-ha, you fell down" sort of chuckle; it was more of a sympathetic chuckle.

"Don't be silly," he said. "I've been in that situation more than once." He then couldn't help but notice how strange the woman looked (though that thought didn't show in his eyes); bluish skin, pink hair, and piercing yellow eyes. He had never seen anyone like her. He decided to ask her about it later.

He smiled and held out hand. "Want me to help you up?" he asked.

Anonymous

Aya looked at the helping hand that had been offered to her, graciously accepting the assistance.  She placed her hand in his, trying her best not to cut him with her razor nails.

"Thank you...um..." She said after getting to her feet.

"it seems I haven't caught your name."

She said looking at the man.  He was just barely taller than she herself was.  She found his long, pure-white hair of a mysterious beauty along with his oddly different colored eyes.  The man's left eye glowed with sympathetic warmth, while his right seemingly pierced into Aya's soul like an arrow for the kill.

Anonymous

Angel gave another smile, but he was inwardly surprised by the sheer length of her nails. They looked rather sharp, so he took the hand carefully and helped her to her feet.

"Angel Macleod is my name," he said. "And what might yours be?"

Anonymous

"Nice to make your acquaintance Angel.  I'm Ayreid Rashiel, but you can call me Aya if you'd like."  She finished with a chuckle

Anonymous

"Nice to meet you, Aya," he said. He then wondered what he could ask her without making things too awkward or turn out badly. Then, "You're not from around here, are you? Where are you from?"

Anonymous

Aya wondered what to say in response to such a question.  She wasn't sure how this man would take to her being from another realm, and she knew nothing of this world. He had been nice so far, after all, so she did not see any point to trying to hide it.

"Would you beleive me if I said I was from a different dimension?"

Aya was not sure what was considered normal in this world, so she prepared for the worst in her mind.

Anonymous

Angel nodded. "I'd believe you even if you said you fell from the stars," he said. "I'd kind of figure that because of your appearance. By the way, what exactly are you?" He hoped that question didn't turn out to be a total flop.

Anonymous

"Well...my race was known as the Xygant, we descended from a group of humans who were banished many centuries ago, but I am the only one of my kind that I know of that still exists.  While we are technically human, our dimension has changed us drastically, and not just physically."

Anonymous

Angel raised an eyebrow. He had never heard of a human turning into a...what was it, Xygant?...in just several centuries. "Not just physically? You mean you developed magic abilities as well?" he asked.

Anonymous

"Well i suppose it could be considered magic..." Aya said holding her hand out.  A barrier was formed around her just long enough for him to see before dissipating.  

"Oh and you can't forget..."  She started before disappearing.

Not a moment later she reappeared right behind the man.  "...this." she finished with a chuckle.

Anonymous

Angel was only marginally impressed when she showed him her barrier trick, but when she teleported right behind him, he spun around, expecting an ambush, only to find her chuckling. He smirked.

"I can tell you like to sneak up on people," he said with a chuckle of his own. "Are you a thief, by any chance?"

Anonymous

"Actually, yes...of sorts...how about yourself?"  Aya said with a smile.  She reached up and brushed the hair from her face.  Suddenly she realized she had just shown him "The Gift" and quickly hid it under he cloak again, hoping he didn't question about its strange appearance.

Anonymous

Angel smiled. "Well, I don't mean to boast, but I'm one of the best thieves on this part of the world...not THE best thief, mind you...but still, a very good thief," he said. "And I'm quite adept at magic myself." He then noticed something strange that Aya was wearing on her left hand; it looked like a fingerless glove with strange runes and symbols etched into it. But Angel assumed it served as an amplifier for magic, so he decided not to ask about it...unless it did something more than amplify magic.

Anonymous

She noticed his eyes drawn to the glove as she had put it away, and the quizzical look on his face.  She decided to try and distract him with another topic.  

"Well thats a very respectable title...um what type of magic might i ask?"

Anonymous

Angel smirked. "Light magic," he said simply. He then held out his left hand, and suddenly, an orb of warm, pale yellow light formed in his palm. Then, using both hands, he virtually molded the light into a three-foot blade with a slight curve to it. He twirled it around a bit before allowing it to dissapate.

Anonymous

"Wow, you seem to be very adept at your art."  Aya saw no real reason to lie to this man any longer.  He had been very open to her after all.

"You seemed a bit intrigued by this when u saw it earlier..." Aya said showing her gloved hand again.

"You you like to see it in action?" She said with a smirk as the glove glowed with an ominous dark hue.

Anonymous

Angel eyed the glove she was wearing. "Well, it does seem pretty intresting," he said. "Does it amplify magic?"