Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Breaths in a New Realm [open]

Started by Anonymous, November 04, 2007, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Oh no no...it was a gift from our god.  It gives the wearer the powers of...the void."  Aya said as she pointed the glove to her left opening a portal  Then she looked around for something and laid her eyes on a large rock.  She pointed the glove toward it and a portal opened beneath it.  As the rock fell through the portal Aya allowed it to close.  The rock fell from the second portal not a moment later, as it also closed.

"It can devour incoming projectiles."  She stated creating the handsign and allowing the vortex to open in front of her.  A slight pull could be felt in the area in front of her.  She allowed that to close aswell and then looked at her audience member.

"If you wouldn't mind taking a bit of damage yourself, would you please strike the glove with your light magic?"

Anonymous

There was little evidence of this, but Angel was in awe. He had never seen anything like this. But when asked to attack her glove, he gave a smirk. "If you say so," he said.

He then formed an orb of light in his hand. He then molded another blade out of the light and coiled back into a thrusting position. But then, just when he was about to lash out, he jumped back and thrusted in the air. The blade then extended into a whip with a sharp point at the tip, which sailed towards the glove at very high speed.

Anonymous

(a bit of god-modding here, but its one of the effects)

Aya withdrew her hand as it was hit.  It stung, but the impact was lessened by the glove.  The glove quickly repaired itself and where the light weapon had hit there was a small glowing area, pulsing with power.

"That is essentially your power." Aya said eying the pulsing spot.  "Since you used a magical attack and hit the glove, that spot is linked to your magic source.  And now..."  Aya said looking at Angel and releasing the spot.

The power backlashed onto Angel causing damage.

Anonymous

Angel's eyes widen as he felt his entire body tremor in pain. His light whip disappeared and he fell onto one knee, clenching his teeth and surpressing a shout of anguish. Then, he just remained in that position, trembling all the while.

Then, he stifled a laugh and managed a grin. "Impressive," he said, shaking, "though...this pain's nothing...compared to what I have been through."

Anonymous

"Well thats it...for now, I'm sure it can do more, but I've only had it for about 20 years, it took me that long just to master what you've seen."

Anonymous

"Really? Quite impressive," Angel said as he slowly stood himself up, his entire body aching. He then gave himself a minute to let his magic flow though his veins to ease the pain. Ah...that felt so much better!

"Well, now that you're here...what do you plan on doing?" he said, changing the subject.

Anonymous

"Well I plan of getting used to traveling through the void...it was quite strange the first time around.  That should help me as a thief I would assume.  Is there a haven for thieves anywhere in this realm?"

Anonymous

Angel rubbed his chin in thought. Then, an idea came to him. "Well...there's the Thief's Guild. Their headquarters is located in the Niahi Woods on the northwestern end of this continent. You'll have to scale a few mountains to get there...unless, of course, you can use the void to transport you there in an instant."

Anonymous

The mention of a thieves guild piqued Aya's curiosity, and she would rather not scale mountains of any kind if she could avoid it.

"A Thieves Guild huh?  Can you give me a description of the area?  I have to be able to visualize or physically see the location to make a portal there"

Anonymous

Angel shrugged. "I don't know the exact location of the headquarters, but I can at least give you a location close by to start at," he offered. "That way the trip there will be less arduous."

Anonymous

"Sounds good, please proceed...as detailed as possible if you will."

Aya said, closing her eyes and preparing to listen intently to what Angel had to say.

Anonymous

Angel looked to the sky, wondering where to begin. He then said, "The village is called L'amarri, a safe haven for magic users. One place in that village I remember in particular is an inn called the Sleeping Dog Tavern. It's a two-story building painted a musky red, though some of the paint is chipped off. The roof is flat and made of grey stone, with a grey stone chimney jutting out from the far right end of the building as you face the door. The door itself, located on the center front wall of the building, is made of mahogany and sports a bronze knob on the right side. Above the doorframe hangs a wooden sign that, on both sides, pictures a stylized terrier lying down on the left, and on the right, in intricate calligraphy, are the words, "Sleeping Dog Tavern." Both are painted in black ink. On either side of the door are two large, eight-pane windows, both with their red curtains closed. The tavern is located next to a path that, when facing the front door, runs north out of town to the left, and south into town to the right...um, that's all I can remember." Whew, that was a mouthful, he thought.

Anonymous

"Wow...its like I'm standing in front of it."  Aya said with a chuckle as a portal opened behind her.

"Care to come along?  I might get lost after all."  She said with a smile.

Anonymous

Angel smiled. "Sure," he said. "I was actually trying to head back to L'amarri myself, but I just wound up getting lost in this forest. It's a good thing that I ran into you, otherwise I would have been wandering this forest for days."

Anonymous

"Hehe, come on then."  Aya said grabbing Angel by the wrist and pulling him into the portal.

It seemed not a moment later that they appeared on the other side in front of the inn.

"Little disoriented?"  Aya said eyeing Angel.  "It took me awhile to get used to same-dimension travel...tran-dimension though...thats another story."  Aya said with a chuckle.

(should we take this to the other board?)

Anonymous

((OOC--yes, I think we should. Con't. in L'amarri--)