Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Loop (Open)

Started by Anonymous, November 20, 2007, 06:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

“Brother what are you doing?â€? a young boy weakly  asked  the taller dark haired figure that was gently laying him down on the stone floor the sounds of battle clear outside the hidden room . “I’m sending  you to a safe place Kiâ€? the figure said to the bleeding injured boy taking an item that resembled a crystal ball out of his pocket. “ Aren’t you coming too Alex?â€? the boy asked again and this time the dark haired older boy looked at him with a sad smile “No kiddo I’m notâ€?  Alex answered gently ruffling the boy’s  sandy colored hair. “Then forget it! I’m leaving unless you come with meâ€? the boy protested his mind desperately sending messages to his limbs to get up but his body wouldn’t obey him.  â€œI’m afraid you don’t have a choice I’m your big brother and I decide what’s best for youâ€? his face fell more “I guess I have no  choice “ he said quietly as the item began to chime and a whitish blue portal appeared in front of them. Alex bent and gathered the boy in his arms “I’m sorry Ki I really am I      to do this but it’s for your own goodâ€? he whispered in the boy’s ear placing a hand on his forehead. “I’m not leaving without you Al!â€? the boy  protested further as his brother’s hand began to glow “I know which is why I’m doing this Kinen from this day forward you will no longer remember me or the group or this dimension only your nameâ€? Alex said as the boy’s green eyes grew wide “No brother don’t I don’t want to!!â€? the boy yelled wriggling and struggling to get free of his brother’s grasp. “ I’m sorryâ€? Alex whispered again as the wipe was complete he reached up to the back of his brother’s neck and pinched a nerve that would send him into darkness soon.  As the boy’s vision disappeared he vaguely felt the sense of being lifted and his brother smiling down at him with tears glistening in his eyes “I love you little brother goodbyeâ€? was the last he heard before everything went black.

Green eyes slowly opened  he blinked trying to clear his vision he was in a forest of some kind . “Where am I?â€? the boy who looked about 13 with sandy brown hair asked he lifted a hand up to his face and saw that it was covered in red. “Is this my blood?"      , it must be there’s no one else here , AHH! it hurts why does my body hurt so much? and why can’t move?â€? He thought his vision becoming hazy again black eating away at it . If the boy had been able to move at all he would see that his entire torso and chest was covered in      y cuts and  gashes. It was raining and the boy started to shiver. “So coldâ€? the boy whispered through chattering teeth. He was confused , hurting , cold and tired and he still didn’t know where he was. “Helpâ€? he called weakly before finally succumbing to the awaiting darkness. Hopefully someone would come.

hikaru.dream

Hikaru hummed cheerfully, walking at almost a skip.
Or rather, she was singing like crazy mentally, and sometimes the music escaped from her lips.

Her spirits were soon dampened as the rain came falling.
She didn't exactly hate the rain, but she didn't want it to fall now, when it was so cold. She quickened her pace. It wasn't much farther to their camp.

Hikaru stopped abruptly. She could have sworn she had heard something. The voice of something suffering.

She headed toward the sound without thinking, then stopped. What if it was a trap? What if there were too many people so that she couldn't stand against them?
The hesitation didn't last long. Help was close enough. They'd realize she needed help before she did herself.

Hikaru smelled the boy before she reached him. The sharp smell of blood wafted around the area. She wrinkled her nose instinctively and hesitated yet again. She was a failure as a healer; she shrunk away from blood.

Hikaru gritted her teeth hard at the look of the boy's wounds.
She judged him about 13. Her guesses at age were usually correct.
Carefully she knelt by him and created a shield of warmth around them. Then she rolled up her sleeves and began healing his wounds, gathering warm fire in her hands and watching the wounds melt away to scars.
She hoped that he did not have any fractured bones and such. Healing things on the inside was beyond her knowledge, but not power. She must be careful not to heal to much, otherwise a limb maybe connected to the wrong bone.

Hikaru leaned her back against the shield and studied the boy's face. It was tear streaked. From what, she could only guess.

The only sound was the gentle sizzling of the rain pattering against the shield.

Anonymous

Teska Ahnleh, better known as Shadowfoot the fox shapeshifter, shook her head irratibly as the rain drenched her dark hair, plastering the wet strands to her skull. She hated being wet. And she hated rain. Yeah, plants needed rain to survive, without rain there won't be sunshine, blah blah blah. She was an assassin, not a monk, and while darkness was good cover and rain also good cover, it made firing arrows and fighting considerably harder.

She padded along the forest silently. The shapeshifter was in her human form today, with dark hair that fell almost to her waist, tanned skin and a slender graceful figure. Still, her eyes swere a strange pale amber, her ears sharper than a human's and she seemed to have too much teeth that were unnaturally pointed, which was quite unsettling.

Shadowfoot squinted, trying to make out the path ahead of her. Overhead, the sky was rapidly darkening. She shivered, rubbing her arms. She could grow a coat of warm, thick fur, but that would get drenched too. Besides, she wanted to stay in human form for now. There were some who hunted foxes in this area, after all, not knowing if they were true foxes or merely shapeshifters. The imbeciles.

Then, she heard the sound of someone in pain. Shadowfoot quickened her pace. She was no healer, and would not have known what to do had she came across that person. Likely she would just rob him then leave.

She turned around a bend, and discovered that the road suddenly vanished. Or perhaps it was just too dark. The shapeshifter swore, and suddenly, the sounds of the wounded person seemed closer.

Shadowfoot looked around uneasily, chose a random direction, then began walking.

A few minutes later, she came across a peculiar scene.

A boy was lying on the ground, with some dark liquid that looked like blood all around him. A woman was crouched over the boy.

Shadowfoot wondered what had happened.

hikaru.dream

Something made Hikaru look over her shoulder, moving at last from her position.
She barely kept from yelling in surprise. She hadn't heard the woman come. It scared her more than she was already.

The small girl smiled although uneasiness still showed in her eyes.
"Hello." She managed, bowing her head slightly.

Realizing that the other was soaked, Hikaru carefully circled and a warm barrier around her. She was beyond caring whether the woman disliked it or not; she was too stressed out with the problems at hand.

She studied the slender lady with a tiny bit of jealousy before hurriedly reminding herself not to eat so much if she wanted to be slender.
Her own brown eyes stared into the pale amber ones of the woman.

The smell of blood reminded her of the injured boy and Hikaru knelt down, still watching the woman out of the corner of her eye. What would happen to her if she was a thief, or an assassin or whatever else seemed to exist in this world? She didn't have the confidence that she could protect both herself and this boy.

All that was left of the cuts was the color of newly made skin.
She let some rain inside the shield to wash away the blood and carefully closed the top again.

Hikaru waited silently looking carefully yet curiously at the slender woman.

Anonymous

The shapeshifter assassin watched the other carefully, her expression guarded. The girl appeared to be a healer, although who could be certain in this strange world? Still, she did not appear to possess much of value, and Shadowfoot was glad of the warm barrier that protected her from the rain.

She responded to the girl's polite "hello," with a small, curt nod of her own.

Shadowfoot watched silently as the girl knelt down beside the still form on the ground again, and her pale eyes widened for a fraction of a second as the wounds started to close.

So she was right. This girl was a healer.

The small girl stood up again, and was now staring at Shadowfoot with an intensity that surprised the assassin. It was not often that anyone would meet her strangely coloured eyes.

Actually, it was not often that Shadowfoot showed herself in such a fashion.

She decided to break the silence.

"What's your name girl?" She asked.

hikaru.dream

((OoC: I'm sorry I've been so late >_<;;)

Hikaru smiled, although she appeared to be rather nervous.
"My name is Hikaru."

In fact, her heart was pounding quite hard.
The main cause wasn't how the other woman looked, although the all too many teeth that Hikaru had glimpsed when the lady had opened her mouth to speak didn't help.

It was more of a social problem.
She was fine once someone talked to her and chatter as if they had known each other for years. It was until they talked that was the problem. Hikaru tended to shrink away from talking to people from herself, although it was not as if she did not do it often.

"Um..." She said uncomfortably.

There was a slight pause, perhaps as if she was gathering courage.

"Can I help you with anything."

She mistook the pronunciation, where she had meant a question mark, a period appeared.
Hikaru restrained herself from repeating herself.