Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life is like a handerchief rope... (OPEN)

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2008, 02:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

_Life is like a handerchief rope, you don't know what colour is coming next and you're damned f you know where it ends_

Being to alert to sleep the daughter of the Village Idiot decided to write something. As the daughter of a Village Idiot, writing skills did not come easily to her. She would more likely fall of the chair if she tries.

Fiona poised the pen and dipped it in the ink. As she did the well fell over and spilled onto the page. Damn her father's hopeless genes. She picked up a handkerchief in the attempt to wash it but as she pulled she reaslised that there was another one tied to the end. Knowing where this was going she continued pulling on the end of the handerchief until a long enough rope of the things was available to wipe up the mess.

Not wanting to give up her persuit of writing, she picked up a charcoal pencil. The charcoal snapped and as she removed a knife from her pocket. Knives are always bad to have around Village Idiots but she kept one near to try and prove the theory wrong. So far today she had dropped the thing on her foot twice and it had "slipped" out of her belt, cutting off her skirt. On another occasion she had had an embarressing conversation with the owner of a bar she had been kicked out of as to why he had found the knife with a sheepskin hanging form it an inch above his head. He had not been impressed.

She sharpened the pencil very carefully as there was a knock on the door. The bookshelf (which strangly had been empty of books a minute ago) toppled and several books fell on her head as she tried to call for the knocker to enter. What came out of her mouth was this:

'Come eeouch'
'Excuse me miss, The Village is calling again. They are asking for thier Idiot back,' said the amused innkeeper while trying not to laugh. Everybody laughs around Fiona, things just seemd more funny when things happened to her.
In many cases this would be considered humourous or even insulting but this was Fiona, she was used to these types of call ins. The villagers of several towns were on the lookout for her and her 'remarkable' talents as a fool.
'Thankyou,' she said tersly, rubbing her sore head as more unseen books fell on her head.

Her father had loved the job, it had been the only job he had ever known. The job of a Village Idiot was meant to be passed down form father to son but there had been a foolish error in the conception which had resulted in a girl. Every fool knows that their oldest child will always be a son but her father had been so foolish to even mix that up, how is anybody's guess. The result was Fiona, a female fool with no wish to be one.

Fiona pondered on the situation, something very hard for a person with foolish genes. If she left now in the dark she would probably end up bumping into some unsavoury character and due to a sequence of humiliating events would have to explain her way out of some kings sock drawers. If she waited until morning The Villagers downstairs would have found out her room but she would be fully rested. They would force their way through a rather foolish spectical of Fiona humiliating herself,  and yet again, ending in the whole darn pub roaring in laughter at her misfortune. She would then have yet another royal, travelling gypsy or perhaps a gaol in need of her. Not the best way to start in a new city.

She sighed as she decided the window was the best way to go. She packed the only book she owned (the rest had now dissappeared) as well as her charcoal and other belongings. Somehow her panties were stuck to the bed: best not tempt fate, it could do anything. She climbed out the window with the help of the hankerchief rope and slipped away into the night.

She prayed to whichever god would listen that she would be found.

Anonymous

The big city was confusing to Gale, even at night. The many streets were misleading and he hadn't met anyone in hours. He needed directions as he wanted to just go to an inn and go to sleep. Already he was feeling sleep tugging at his eyelids. He needed to find someone soon.
Suddenly he noticed a strangely dressed girl, climbing down a strangely coulored rope. For some reason this seemed hilarious to Gale, who just burst out laughing.

"Hahaha...What are you doing?"

Anonymous

Fiona whipped around, great a stupid kid. He's loud too. She needed to shut him up, she came up close and went for a forceful swing. 'Sorry kid.'

She snuck to the end of the street, blast, those Idiots had left someone out the front too. She was stuck. 'Look kid, there 're some very bad men after me. Nod if ye wont call out and ye won' get 'urt.' Even she had to admit she didn't sound convincing.

Anonymous

What was this girl doing? Bad men after her? This was even more confusing than the entire city of Arca. And she HIT HIM!!
He was about to call out so that these "bad men" would take her away, but he didn't want to do something now he'd later regret. So he answered in the quietest voice possible.

"Ok, i won't call out. But i'm not going to let you get away with that."

With that he swung the most forceful punch he could muster.

Anonymous

Fiona easily brushed the hand away. 'Don't trust your luck right now kid,' she whispered. Perhaps she could let him in on the situation, the last kid she'd looked after had turned out okay. She grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and slammed him against the wall closest to the idiots. She forced him to look around the corner. They were not looking for a young boy.

'See those men in funny clothes? They 're gon' ter try ter beat the life outer me then force me ter dress in funny clothes and make me perform near naked,' she pulled him back to face her. 'Are ye wid them or me?'

Anonymous

Those men out there looked pretty rough. Despite the girl being slightly agressive to him, she didn't seem like a bad person. And no one deserved what those men seemed to have in stall for her. He wasn't sure how much help he could be but a helping hand was always useful.

"Ok, I'll help you for now. My name is Gale. I know some magic that might help us in this situation."

Anonymous

Help, she hadn't asked for help, she didn't trust help. 'I don't wan' ye stinkin' help. I just wan ter know ye wont get me caught again,' she snapped. She walked back into the shadows, not that it would help. They'd be here soon anyway and any small amount of foolishness would be easy to track. She took a deep breath. She needed somehow to hide. Unless the kid's magic worked she would have to fight her way out.

Anonymous

How could she not want help? It seemed illogical that someone in this girls position wouldn't want any help. Yet regardless of whether any help was wanted, Gale was still going to give it. Plus this girl might be able to help him understant this complcatied maze of a city.

"I don't think you are in a position in which you should refuse help. I think i can assist you in escaping, there must be someway to sneak out of here."

He just hoped that this wouldn't resort to violence.

Anonymous

Thankfully the Idiots hadn't got up to her room yet so they hadn't spotted her rope. Bless that innkeeper. Inkeepers always had a way of keeping their clients safe. Fiona fumbled in her belt for her knife, grabbed it the wong end and cut herself. 'Blast,' she hissed.

Anonymous

This girl seemed seriously clumsy. Almost hirlaiously so. As far as Gale knew, it took some great stupidity or very bad luck to grab a knife the wrong way round.

"How did you manage to do that? Here let me see that."

Without waiting for a reply, Gale grabbed the girls cut hand. It didn't seem too serious but it was better that the wound was sealed if things got nasty.

"Hold on a moment. This might sting a little."

Closing his eyes, Gale sent a mild healing light towards the wound, sealing it up in a matter of seconds.

"How do you feel now?"

Anonymous

Fiona took a deep breath, being angry was not going to get her anywhere right now. She nodded her thanks and picked up the knife. As she bent down and blue dust exploded from her backside. At least it didn't make a sound. She glared at the boy when she got up, daring him to laugh at her.

A shout came from the window, someone must have spotted her rope at last. 'Okay kid, now is yer chance. It ye fail there's goin te be a lotter bloodshed.'

Anonymous

Blue dust? This girl seemed odder by the second. Gale thought about laughing but the girl's silencing stare and the brutish shout made everything appear very real and very scary. He began to think very quickly about what he was going to do. Time was running out and those men didn't sound like they were going to be nice to anyone at the moment. He just needed to get them away before the men noticed either one of them.
A flash of inspiration jolted through Gale's mind. He knew the perfect spell. He just hoped the girl was good at improvisation.

"Here goes nothing."

Pointing his hands in the girl's direction, Gale began to weave various illusions around her. Light began to bend around her body, making her seem mostly transparent and almost invisible unless you concentrated.

"There we go. Let's hurry or else we will end up in a very bloody fight."

He just hoped that this girl could go five minuets without something stupid happening

(OOC HUGE HINT!!!)

Anonymous

Fiona looked down at herbody and saw nothing. That was an improvement.

'Kid, where is the girl? She came this way,' asked a pudgy man in red suspendors and a blue cap. The cap had stars dangling from it.

Fiona stood still. This was bound to go wrong somehow. In 3, 2, 1. SPLAT! The man in red suspendors fell in what seemed to be a trail of juggling balls covered in slimey, orange and yellow farting putty and it led straight, thats right, to Fiona Foolsfoot's position. The place where her feet should have been twisted slightly and the putty began crawling up her legs. If she stood still maybe they wouldn't notice her.

'Okay boy. Now we know she's still here. Only Fiona Foolsfoot could make something this odd,' said a Village Idiot holding a juggling batton and a menacing mask. He stepped in the putty and it farted loudly, giving off the smell of peaches and melons.

The man in red suspendors was helped up by another two Idiots with painted wooden swords. More fart noises ensued, along with the smell of seaweed. Purple gas filled the air around the alleyway. It couldn't get any worse, could it?

Anonymous

This would have all been hilarious if it wasn't happening to him. The men were being threatening and the farting putty was almost leading to Fiona's location. And this man was demanding an answer. Gale wasn't good at lying on the spot.

"Um...er... There was a girl here a...er...while ago but she, er."

Seeing that this was going to get him nowhere but beaten up, Gale acted on complete instinct. He condensed the air around him so much that it was as hard as a punch. Throwing it as hard as he could, he directed it at the three Idiots. Damn, he was in trouble now.

Anonymous

Okay, so if the idiots were foolish, this guy was down right stupid!

'Okay kid. Get to the back o' the alley. This is goin ter be a tough fight,' said Fiona as she stepped around the putty. IA bubble busrt and a loud noise errupted.. And the smell of rotten strawberries.

'CAN YOU SHUT UP DOWN OUT THERE. SOME OF US ARE TRY TO SLEEP!' shouted someone froma  nearby window. They were promptly covered in tabasco sauce and screamed.

Fiona pulled a fire twriler out of her bleavage na dbrandished it like a sword. She shouted to the kid, 'Oi! How abouts some fire 'ere. Oh, bugger it. Yer'd probably screw it up.' She tapped the twrilers on her shoes and they lit up, her feet caugtht alight to so she tapped the goop. It went up in flames while she shook her feet clear of fire.

Anonymous

"Thanks for the confidence boost. Incase you hadn't noticed I was doing a great job of making you invisible but YOU messed it up"

Using his annoyance to his advantage, he picked up a bit of the goop (ugh) and concentrated on setting it alight. The result was a massive burning orb floating in Gale's hand. So he was right, the putty was flammable. Hurling it with all his might (and a little wind magic) Gale managed to catch one of the Idiots colorful shirts. Unfortunately, at that moment, a giant bucket of water tipped over on his head. Gale grimaced. This battle was going to be tough.

Anonymous

'Look kid, I didn't do anything to make that. Shit just happens,' snapped Fiona. She swung the fire twirlers around her body such that it almost looked like she was putting on a show. Blasted Idiots, why did she always have to resort to Foolishness? She struck one across the scapl, catching his hair alight and making himscream. That was one reason Fiona did not wear hairproducts or makeup: they usually burnt easy.

She swung the twirler around to the next but the Idiot blocked it and vomitted technicoloured lollywater at her. Needless to say the firetrwirlers went out. She threw them to the floor and decided to use something a bit more her style: fists.

Anonymous

Gale smiled at what the girl was doing. This fight was almost like one of the shows he used to see at the circus whenever it came to his remote farming district. However there was one key difference. These men meant real harm to him and her. Concentrating fully on Fiona's fists, Gale sent a little thunder magic her way. The thunder began to crackle along the skin of her hand. He knew it would sting her but it would defiantly make her strikes a bit more...shocking.

"I hope that help you out."

Realizing how close one of the idiots had come, Gale saw a fist fly towards his face. Quick as a flash, the air around the fist thickened, making it impossible for the Idiot to move his hand. Two punches were all it took to send the man back reeling, one in the stomach, one it the groin.

Anonymous

Well, that was less painful than usual. The idiots were on the ground in pain. Fiona gave one a kick in the groin for good measure the Idiot groand. Fiona looked down at him and grinned, 'this one must 'ave forgot 'is protection.'

'Quick kid, they'll 'ave backup 'ere shortly.' She ran to the boy and grabbed his hand and got ready to bolt. How far would they be checking and how many others were nearby?

Anonymous

Running out of the alley as fast as he could, Gale came  within sight of at least five other Idiots from across the street corner.

"Damn, there are too many of them. What are we surposed to do?"

The Idiots began to draw closer, wielding various comical weapons. One even seemed to be using juggling balls, which Gale thought was inpractical until he saw the tiny spikes. All of this had frozen Gale in a form of shock. He had no idea what to do.