Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Life is like a handerchief rope... (OPEN)

Started by Anonymous, March 17, 2008, 02:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fiona kicked the boy in the back when she saw a spiked yellow juggling ball coming towards him. 'Don' jus' stand there, wake everyone in the neighbourhood. We need more men to fight this 'n,' shouted Fiona.

Having a kid around was someties a hassle. This would probably turn out to be one of those times: it meant she had to think about someone other than herself She ducked and dodged various juggling impliments, which had been especially designed to knock someone down.

This was a conundrum: she could use more foolishness and hope nothing went astray or she could try fist fighting and probaby get the snot beaten out of her. Niether option sounded preferable. 'Kid, 'ow's our backup comin'?'

Anonymous

Gale jerked to attention. Now was not the time to stand around in shock, now was the time for action. Unfortunately one of the juggling balls hit him in a very...sensitive area.

"F@%$!! WHY YOU LITTLE B&$@£%&!! I'LL MAKE YOU VERY SORRY YOU ATTACKED GALE JAGRE!!"

Lightning bolts appeared in his hands and sparked towards the idiot who through them. The shock had at least knocked him unconscious. He might have overdone it because the body was still cracking with excess electricity.

'Kid, 'ow's our backup comin'?'

Damn, in his rage he had completely forgotten about waking up the locals. Raising his fingers to his mouth. Gale let out a whistle so high-pitched and so loud, that windows shattered and dogs awoke and began to bark. This was perfect but just to make sure,

"HELP!! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK BY STRANGE MEN!! SOMEONE, ANYONE, HELP!!"

Anonymous

Well, that's one way to wake the neighbours, Fiona thought while a shower of glass fell over the street. She put her arm over her face to protect herslef and waited for an Idiot to come attack her. They wouldn't run out of amo if they could pull it out of various parts of their body so she had to get in close.

She stepped forward, her fists in front of her and waited for one to lunge. She easily dodged a ball, hoping the kid would dodge it too. She gave a quick glance towards him and asked, 'ye okay kid?'

She turned back to the Idiots, 'Is tha the bes' ye c'n do? My brother could do better!' It was well known that her brother was pathetic at everything apart from cooking.

Anonymous

As Fiona swiftly dodged one of the juggling balls, Gale wasn't so lucky. Although it didn't hit too badly, it managed to scrape his arm, making him give a small yelp of pain.

"Ye okay kid?"

"DO I LOOK ALRIGHT?! THAT DAMN THING NEARLY TOOK MY ARM OFF!!"

Directing his rage at the idiots who were doing the throwing, Gale created a miniature tornado and flung it towards the crowd of Idiots. Most were thrown to the walls, some were thrown on to the roof, yet surprisingly they seemed to still be conscious.

"How are we supposed to deal with this? There are too many of them and there are only two of us."

As if to answer his call, some of the local inhabitants, still groggy from sleep and angry at being woken up in the middle of the night, lumbered out of the shops, brandishing various household implements as weapons. Luckily, three had real weapons but that still wasn't much. Even the Idiots struck but his tornado were back on the streets, looking as menacing as ever?

"I hope you have a plan, because I sure don't."

Anonymous

'Normally I ain't got a kid ter bother 'bout!'

Shit! They were aiming for the kid, no wonder nothign was hitting her. 'Stay behind the neighbours. I can handle this,' she ordered. With this many around it would be easier to get close but she would also be the main target when she did. She flipped through the air and landed somewhere near the middle. From there she was able to trip several of the Idiots and steal their weapons. She brandished two blade-edged juggling battons and swung them around her body. Anyone near her was hacked down and soon a wide circle formed around her.

Then someone threw a ball at her and it got stuck in her shoulder blade.
'Okay, which one o' ye vermin di' tha'?'
She looked around and found the juggler. She charged towards him without worrying about the others and managed to force a batton through his groin and up[ his torso before another Idiot struck her across the wounded shoulder with his batton. She screamed as the ball sank in deeper. She swung her batton up backwards and hoped it did damage. There were too many of them if the kid wasn't going to be a bit more useful.

Anonymous

Gale cried out in pain as all the spiked balls came hurling towards him. They had obviously picked him out as the main threat as they had left Fiona alone and were only aiming at him.

"This isn't good. There are just to many of them."

Thickening the air once again, Gale formed a basic shield around him to protect against the flying implements of death. It was working for a while until he heard a high pitched scream from Fiona. She seemed to be completely surrounded by the armed thugs and seemed to be in a huge amount of pain.
This was the last straw. In a bellow of rage he expanded the air around him, knocking almost everyone to the floor.
Next he drew water from all the surrounding puddles and from the air itself to create a tsunami. As soon as the water hit their bodies, Gale froze it, capturing  them in a coffin of ice.
In a moment of shock, Gale realised that he might have trapped Fiona in the ice. He began to search around the ice for any sign of her.

Anonymous

The baton was wrenched from Fiona's hands by one of the larger Idiots and she was pushed down to the rocky road. She could hear a roar as the Idiot swung her baton down towards her back in what would have been a bone-crunching blow. Another bellow sounded from further away and everyone fell over, several landing on Fiona.

Next came a tsunami. This is the kid's work, she thought as she was pummelled and twisted around by torrents of water. That was all she had time to think before the water became solid ice: f***ing cold, solid ice.

Fiona was still alive but now she was cold, in pain and FURIOUS. When she got out of this ice-coffin, she was going to beat the living snot out of that kid.

Anonymous

Among all the frozen bodies, Gale finally managed to locate Fiona. However she looked pretty mad when Gale found her.

"I hope she's just mad at the idiots or i will have her to deal with as well."

Carefully and slowly, Gale pressed his hands to the ice and began to slowly melt the ice by warming the air around the surface. When he got close enough to her, he increased the heat to get her out quicker. After fifteen minuets, he had finally fully thawed her out.

"Are you ok?"

He hoped the extreme changes in temperature wouldn't make her feel ill.

(OOC Sorry about the late reply. Surprise two week holiday with no internet :(.)

Anonymous

As soon as the ice was melted from around her, Fiona ran forward and jumped at the kid. She dirrected a powerful punch straight towards his jaw, hoping to break the damn thing.

'YE F***IN' LITTLE A***'OLE!' she screamed, swinging another powerful blow. 'Ice?! Ice?! Do ye wan' ter see me sick or summit?'

Whenever Fiona got sick her Idiocy went haywire - more so than usual. She reached over her shoulder and pulled the colourful, spiked ball from her shoulder with a hiss. She sank to tha ground with her hands on her knees but found there were squashed tomatoes underneath her. Bloody kid, bloody Idiots. The price on her head must have risen recently, she seemed to have every Idiots on the continent looking for her.

She managed to calm herself down and looked up at the kid. 'They're goin' ter come after ye now,' she said. 'That were a big attack an' they ain't goin' ter take it kindly.' Hopefully winning wouldn't make the kid too cocky, for his sake. The Village did not like it's people getting killed.

She pushed herself back to her feet again and noticed there was blood running all the way down the back of her wounded arm. She would need to get it wrapped up in a hurry. The problem with being on the run was, you didn't know who was trustworthy, nobody ever was.

Anonymous

Gale reeled backwards. His jaw was really badly hurting him and his entire body was freezing from being so close to the ice. A quick flourish of his hands increased his body temperature by a couple of degrees and numbed the pain of his jaw. That Fiona was really strong and violent when she was mad. Then again it was his fault for freezing her in the first place, although he hadn't done it on purpose.

"Ouch. I'm sorry about accidentally trapping you in ice. It's not like I wanted to hurt you, it just happened. There was no need to hit me."

Just then Gale noticed a trickle of blood running down from Fiona's shoulder. He guessed that whatever had caused the wound was probably what made her scream in the first place. He hadn't really noticed it before because almost instantly after he had defrosted her, she became covered in squashed tomatoes.

"Hey are you alright? Here let me have a look at that shoulder."

This wasn't a question. Wheeling round behind her, Gale examined the wound carefully. It seemed to be pretty deep and had probably left remnants of the spikes in her. Usually this would be no problem, but after the fight he felt mostly drained of his magical energy. He would have to do this the old fashioned way.

"Ok, it looks like this will be beyond me to heal because of me having to save you with the ice tsunami. I can bandage this up but for now I think we should get moving. We don't know how long we have until all of this ice melts."

Anonymous

'Yes there were. Jus' be grateful I'm too tired to 'it 'arder.'

Fiona looked around at the townspeople. They were now watching as though it was some sort of show. Why was her life always some sort of performance? She scowled at them and waed them away, not that they were likely to leave. 'Gerroff ye buzzards. Fat lotter 'elp ye all were.'

'Get away from me kid,' she said when he slipped behind her. She took a step back towards him so that their bodies touched and elbowed him in the side. She did not want anybody touching any wounds on her, nomatter how good their intentions. She just didn't trust them.

She could do it herself later. She probably could have even bound it now, using her unending rope of coloured square cloths. Fiona Foolsfoot was far too proud to use them however and would rather bleed all the way to safety than use and Idiocy right now. It would probably end up in disaster anyway.

Anonymous

"Nonsense, you're in no fit state to go anywhere with a wound that deep. At least let me bandage it."

With that Gale dived into his cloak pockets and pulled out a long white piece of cloth. It was always useful to carry around in case something like this happened.

"Now, do you want me to help you or not?"

Anonymous

Fiona frowned at the boy. She still didn't trust him. He might not be with the Village Idiots but that didn't mean he was trying to be helpful. 'I'll do it later. I can handle myself,' she said.

There would be a tavern around here somewhere, they would have something she could use. Or she could just pop into someone's house. It wasn't like they'd helped her so far. Pathetic villagers and Villagers alike.

Anonymous

Well, though Gale, this was it. She clearly didn't want his help anymore and the wounds didn't look so serious so maybe it was better just to leave her alone.

"Ok Fiona, I'll let you look after yourself. Sorry for being such a burden to you. Good luck in you next adventures."

With that Gale set off at a leisurely pace down the road. What should he do next? He had noticed that his magic was not as strong as he would have hoped. Maybe it was time to duel against another mage to improve his magical talent. Now wher could he find one of those?

Anonymous

Fiona cursed as she watched the boy leave. Despite how she portrayed herself, Fiona wasn't cruel by nature. Her upbringing had hardened her to most kindess but she had to admit, the boy had done his best.

'You, boy. I ain't re'mber ye sayin' yer name.'

It was all she could think of saying but she hoped it got his attention because what she said next was a little quieter, as thought it was humiliating for here to say it, 'ye'll be thirsty after that effort. 'Fter I wrap this, how say I get us summit?' she nodded to her arm and held it tightly to try and stem the flow. Where loss of blood would have made many people giddy, it would make Fiona lose what little control she still had over her abilities.

She shot a glance to the ice-encased Villagers, challenging them to mock her offer. Bastards. There would be songs sung over these events, humiliating songs. Most of them wouldn't be about the fight either.

Anonymous

"Umm, my name's Gale. Gale Jagre."

This seemed to be an odd turn of events. It was like one moment she didn't want his help and the next she seemed almost... grateful. Maybe some people had a harder time expressing their emotions compared to others. But it was alright. She seemed truly sincere and, despite what he said before, he was still worried about the cut on her arm. It seemed painful and possibly hard to treat. He just needed a bit more time with her so he could work on it. Plus this was what he wanted all along, to be able to experience what life was really like in the city and Fiona looked like the perfect type to show him that.

"A drink would be... great thanks. Umm do you know any good bars around here then?"

Anonymous

'Jeez Gale. De ye 'ave ter say thanks so loud. They're already goin' te ave rumours 'bout me 'aving a boyfriend,' she snapped. She pointed a thumb behind her at the entombed Village Idiots. Every time anyone helped her they would claim she was sleeping with them nomatter age, gender or species.

'I know a few. Watch out for the tomatoes,' she said. She managed to duck as a basket of the rotten things few through the air towards them. She didn't however, miss the red balls that wrapped themselves around her feet. The things moved like molten lead until they solidified as large, red shoes.

'What be ye in the mood fer?' she asked as she tugged at one of the cursed things with her non-wounded arm. She hopped on the spot to stop from falling over, something that did not end successfully.

Anonymous

Any other situation and Gale would have laughed at this comedy show unfurling infront of him. However this time was different as he was trying his best to get Fiona to like him and not be too mean to him and, more importantly, he had just been hit in the face by three tomatoes that had been going for Fiona. Slowly he wiped the gunk from his face.. and struggled. The gunk seemed to be clinging to his face as if it was made of sticky elastic. Gale grimaced. This was going to be difficult.

"Err, any help would be great, if you wouldn't mind."

Anonymous

Fiona scowled as her butt hit the floor but she continued pulling at the massive red shoes. 'I'll fix ye when I git these thin's off so shut yer yappin' 'ole!'

Fiona focused on removing the Idiocy that was causing the shoes to stick and found that it was coming from herself. 'Fer F***'s sake!' she scowled as she yanked at it. It came off but now it was stuck to her hand. She ignored it and started on the other one, however. When both shoes were stuck to her hands she went over to Gale.

'This mey sting a bit,' she said before ripping the tomatoes from his face. Now they too were stuck to her hands.