Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Of Raccoons And Mermaids ((CodeKitsune!!!))

Started by Anonymous, April 18, 2008, 07:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The day was just gorgeous. The sun was high in the sky, yet the air wasn't too hot, nor too cold. The sparkling waves lapped against the sandy shore and the rocks that bordered it, creating sounds so relaxing that one might sleep peacefully to them. The sky above was dotted with tiny white clouds that moved and changed shape endlessly. The breeze was gentle and calming.

These were sights, sounds, and feelings that only Lynn could enjoy for a very long time. She sat near the edge of a tall cliff, her aquamarine eyes gazing out at the sights before her. She got the chance to gaze at things that no other of her kin could get a chance to gaze at. She was very fortunate indeed.

She was one of the merfolk. But her kin didn't have her ability to walk on land. Her silvery blue legs hung from the cliff, waving back and forth in content. The rest of her, with the exception of the faded blue bladelike fins that protruded out of her forearms, was a pale skin color from her upper thighs up. All she wore was a woven sea grass skirt that covered her from the hips down; she has yet to find a reason to cover her upper half, as strands of her blue hair helped to barely cover her breasts. But she felt neither shame nor embarassment from it.

She took another long gulp from her conch shell filled with water, all while still gazing out in the distance. Then, she spotted something...what was that?

Anonymous

Riley stood on the deck of his ship, some of the crew running back and forth but most doing what he was, which was simply enjoying being back on the water. They had been in port for awhile recently, too much time for his liking to be completely honest, some of the crew enjoyed themselves. Riley did as well of course. Always nice to see new faces. Especially women. He grinned to himself remembering a few nights in port. It felt perfect out here on the water though. He loved the feeling of the wind whipping around him.

Riley wasn't even positive on where he wanted the Bonny Jack to head at the moment, the crew was just as happy as he was to simply drift about for awhile and enjoy the air and water. He knew they would head to another port but he hoped it would take longer this time to get there.

He turned to face the cliffs and took off his hat and held it in one hand letting the wind blow through his hair. His raccoon ears twitching on his head in the wind as well. His heart beat a little faster. Nature sometiems was such a welcoming woman,

Anonymous

Oh, it was a ship!

Lynn had only seen similar sunken vessels underwater, but she never expected to see one afloat on the water. She wondered who exactly was on board this vessel that could float. It was a strange sight to her, knowing that she spent most of her time underwater.

She decided to check this vessel out. Setting her conch shell aside, she stood on the edge of the cliff, then gracefully dove off it. After a few seconds of freefall, she hit the water head-first.

Then, her transformation began. Her legs started to meld together, and her feet flattened and elongated, turning into a large fin. Her legs from halfway down her thighs down became a fish tail that then stretched in length by a few feet. She was now in her underwater state.

She took off her grass skirt and set it in her hiding place, underneath a large shell. She then darted through the water at high speeds towards the ship. When she was certain she was within eyesight of the ship, she surfaced her head and saw that there were indeed people on the ship. She smiled and waved her arm, getting their attention. "Hello, there!"

Anonymous

Riley did a double take hearing a woman's voice this far out. For a minute he thought he had gone too far in remembering his days in port. Then he shook his head and ran to the side of the ship looking down. Yup, that was a woman alright.

And she was waving at him.

He blinked for a second. How had she gotten out here this far? And...he paused and turned his head curiosity covering his features...while she was naked? Surely not an everyday occurrence? He wiped his eyes for a second trying to see if he was dreaming or it was a mirage. He turned his head the other way then got over the initial shock.

"Do you need some help?" He called from the ship trying to make his voice carry down to her. Some of the crew was at his side disbelief in their eyes as well.

Anonymous

Lynn almost laughed when she was asked if she needed help. She eventually did when she saw the looks on all the other men's faces. Priceless. "No, I don't need help, but thanks anyway," she said, laughing again at the men's expression. "What, have you never seen a mermaid before?" This was said in a teasing sort of manner.

She then dived under, revealing her long, flowing fish tail. She then headed closer to the ship, then jumped out of the water. She grabbed on the edge of the deck in such a fashion that her forearms rested on the deck floor and her head rested on the her forearms. The rest of her hung off of the edge of the deck, but she was strong enough to support herself.

She smiled. "My name's Lynn. Which one of you boys is the captain?"

Anonymous

The crew was more than somewhat surprised. Though one member of it near the back could be heard punching a friend in the arm and saying 'I told you so' over several times. Riley was way taken off-guard. You would think the rumbling, heard curdling, brain breaking flashes of the future he had would tell him he would stumble across a very...pretty...very real mermaid.

"That would be me, Riley."

He had never seen proof either direction if mermaids were real. Sailors...pirates finding out that some of their myths were real?! It was almost like some of the men were seeing god in front of them. Some of them just stared at her. One weak souled older fella had fainted and some other were carrying him off, though slowly not wanting to miss anythign involving Lynn.

Riley knew he would never hear the end of this from Ty, the resident story teller.

Anonymous

Lynn had to try hard not to laugh at the men's shocked expressions. She then got a better look at the man who called himself the captain. He had very funny-looking ears atop his head and an even funnier-looking tail sticking out of his pants. They looked like those parts from...what were they called, raccoons? She burst out laughing again.

Then, after regaining her bearings, she said, "I'm sorry. I've just never met a human who has the ears and tail of a raccoon. I've heard of catgirls and catboys, but this is quite unique indeed. Please accept my apologies, cap'n."

Then, after a pause, she decided to board the ship. "Hold that thought. I'll be right back."

She then let go of the edge of the deck, allowing herself to fall into the water. She then darted back near the cliff, jumping out of the water a few times in the process. She then went under and grabbed her sea grass skirt and wrapped it around her hips. She then thought that the men might not be used to seeing her top half naked--not that it really bothered her one way or the other, since she has yet to find a reason to wear a shirt--so she took a piece of sea grass and tied some of her hair in the front to fashion a sort of bra that covered her breasts, but still showed cleavage.

She then darted back to the ship and jumped out of the water, grabbed onto the edge of the ship's deck, and pulled herself aboard, fish tail and all. "I'm back." Then, after about fifteen seconds on board, her tail began to shrink and split into two. The split tail then metamorphosed into a pair of silvery-blue human legs. She then stood, once again barely holding in her laughter at the men's pricless expressions.

Anonymous

His eyes followed her path down into the water as she let go of the ship he stopped his instinct to reach and grab her as she fell. Riley was sure she was far more capable than he was in handling water. His ears twitched on his head as he waited for her to re-appear. The crew was scooting in close around him looking over the edge next to him.

They all jumped back when she landed in the middle of them however. Riley was the only on walking over to where she was. Then as her legs slowly appeared they moved in closer as she stood. Riley looked at the crew like they were being so rude just staring at her and pushed his way through. Though his eyes showed amusement at the mass of people staring at the lady now standing on the deck who only moments before...had a fish tail.

He held his hand out to her with a slow smile.

"Welcome aboard the Bonny Jack."

Anonymous

Lynn smiled and gracefully accepted his hand. "It's good to be aboard, cap'n," she said. She then swept her aquamarine eyes around the crew, who looked to still be in awe at her sudden transformation. She gave a wry smile and said, "It's rude to stare, you know."

She then looked around at the ship. "A very impressive vessel, cap'n. I've never seen a ship afloat before. All I've seen is rotting, sunken vessels. So this is what it's like." Then, after a pause, "Would you mind showing me around?"