Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can I keep her? (lightofhope ^^)

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2008, 08:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Heata stumbled with her heavy basket and nearly toppled over with its weight. The busy city of Ketra was quite hot today and it hadn't really been the best day to buy fabric. Choosing it had been hot work and carrying it back to castle was hard too, it was surprisingly heavy.

Heata disliked the clothes that could be bought in Ketra, sure they were supposedly the 'latest fashions' but they weren't unique enough for her tastes. So she made her own clothes and could even add a hole for her tail; store-bought clothes never had one.

Panting slightly due to the heat, she dropped her basket a moment so she could retrieve her handkerchief from her pocket to wipe her face with. As she went to pick up the basket again however, she noticed a cat sat on the ground nearby.

"Hello," Heata said to cat.

Being a cat girl herself, she loved cats and this one was a pretty thing, it had nice black fur, albeit a little dusty from the roads no doubt.

"Are you a stray?"

As she knelt down next to the cat she noticed it had a collar. So it wasn't a stray?    

She picked the cat up and read the name, "Nebula. That's a pretty name kitty."

When she turned it over, there was no owner's name or address on the back but simply the words 'Adopt Me'. That was strange.

"Did you someone abandon you?"

That was cruel, Heata hated people who just abandoned their pets and she especially hated it when it was cats.

"I'll adopt you Nebula," she said proudly.

Okay she wasn't sure if Saey would let her but why would he say no? She'd be looking after it so he shouldn't have a problem...Hopefully anyway.

She scooped up Nebula and sat her on her shoulder, "My basket's heavy enough so you sit there okay."

It wasn't much farther to the castle and Heata was glad when she finally reached the castle grounds. She did note however that none of the guards bothered to help her with the basket, jerks. Stopping again to wipe her face she placed the basket on the ground.

"It sure is hot isn't it Nebula. I guess I'm luckier than you because I don't have as much fur. But then again you aren't walking," she said cheerfully.

Heata went to pick up the basket again but found it was floating.

"Huh?"

Gazing past the basket revealed the reason why, Saey was walking towards her. He was a psychic so though he was blind it didn't both him all that much. He didn't see in the same way normal people did but he could still sense things somewhat.

"Good Afternoon Saey!" she pulled Neubla off her shoulder and held him up to him, "I found this little kitty, isn't she pretty? Can I keep her?"

Anonymous

Nebula had decided to spend the day observing the humans, or humaniods in some cases. She wasn't sure she would fit in with them or if she would even try, but it couldn't hurt to observe them. The could be really entertaining at times.

The one with the basket was curious. She looked like a cat, but also a humanoid. She thought maybe this one was one of her people, but when she tried to say hello telepathically, the girl didn't seem to hear. Not one of her people, then. If she were, she would have heard her. Still, the girl talked to her as if she could understand her. Not many humanoids had done that. If she would be her mistress, she would have to study her more before she tried to reveal herself for what she was.

There was another humanoid, a male, who seemed to be a friend of this cat girl. He was an interesting type, that was sure. When she was lifted in front of him, she offered a meow in greeting. Perhaps there would be more response to actual sound.

Anonymous

Saey could sense an aura coming from the cat; it obviously wasn't a normal feline. As he looked as it with his psychic senses it seemed to glow slightly, a pale bluish-purple glow. So the cat had psychic abilities as well.

"Pleased to meet you Nebula," Saey thought to the creature, "You're aren't an ordinary cat are you?"

He'd never heard of psychic cats before but it could possibly be a shape-shifter who had psychic abilities or perhaps just was able to communicate telepathically whilst in animal form.

Heata probably wouldn't mind and would be happy but still he wouldn't tell her yet. He'd see how perceptive she was first.

"Yes, you can keep her," Saey replied to the cat girl, "But you look after it and if there are any complaints about it wandering the castle, it goes."

Heata grinned broadly, "Yes sir Saey!"

She hugged Nebula close then started spinning round with the unfortunate cat, "You hear that Nebs I can keep you!"

Anonymous

Nebula was surprised to hear the male's thoughts. She could not sense this sort of thing in others, but she knew between her as her mistress and him as her master that she was going to enjoy living here. He was at least a telepath and she was a cat girl. It was really the perfect home.

At first she didn't answer him, since this was still an awkward situation for her. She really didn't plan on it, but the girl was spinning with her and it was beginning to make her dizzy.

"Could you tell her not to spin?" She thought at him. Nebula liked the girl, but she didn't like this.

Anonymous

So the cat could communicate back.

"Heata stop spinning the poor thing. How would like it if I did that to you?"

He could as well, either in her normal form with his telekinesis or in her cat form physically.

Heata stopped abruptly, "I'm sorry Nebs."

She then picked up the basket again, and placed Nebs back on her shoulder.

"I'll show you my room," she said beaming before running ahead into the castle itself.

Saey shook his head in exasperation and followed her. The cat girl was 19 but usually acted much younger than that. Still she was bright and you just couldn't dislike her.

Anonymous

Nebula was very glad that the spinning had stopped. It meant first of all that the man who she now considered to be her master could hear her thoughts and had respect for her well-being. It was a comfort to her. For another, it meant she wouldn't have to scratch up her new mistress, who was otherwise very pleasant. She wouldn't have meant to, of course, but it was bound to happen when she was irritated.

As she was carried off toward the castle, she gave her master the closest thing to a wave she could manage as a cat. She had seen the humanoids do this and was pretty sure it was one of those things that could either be a greeting or a farewell. She hoped she was doing it right.