Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Angel and the Ghost (Cleoni)

Started by Anonymous, March 25, 2009, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

At first everything would have seamed normal in the small town.  The people went about doing their own business and seamed to not have a care in the world.  There were no big schools, or buildings of any sort.  In fact nothing stood out in the town leaving it to be rather dull.  One would say it to be boring.  And yet, it was still visited by lots of people from outside of the town.  These people generally did not stop there to visit the town itself.  But rather use it as a rest stop before traveling further to a mansion that existed quietly and peacefully a few miles away from the town.  Why did people want to visit the mansion?  Because of the family that lived there were some of the most influencial people in the country.  Or rather, they held a high status, and thats what attracted people to them.  Than again, the number of people that went out of their way to find the family were the lucky few that found out about the reclusive house hold.  Not well known, but yet one of the oldest noble families.  Yes, the mansion belonged to House Engel, with Duke Ecal and Duchess Eis as the head of the family.

In fact, the only people that knew of the family as common knowledge was the town itself.  As the Engels would throw a party every now and then for the towns people.  Thus they were in high standing with the town.  Or rather, two of the three members of the family were.  The Duke was somewhat standofish and would rather be left alone, and so the Duchess and their daughter were the ones that truely enjoyed throwing the parties for people.  And even so, there was of course the random times when the family would come to town for shopping.  Which is odd, for most noble families (if not all of the families besides Engel) had servents that did the shopping.  And today, a nice sunny day, not cold and yet not hot, the Engels happened to be in town.

Ecal had taken their daughter to another part of town looking for some flowers and candy.  And somehow a few minutes after they had arrived to their destination, had been asked to help settle an argument in the form of a mediator.  So while Kori was playing with some of the other children of the town, Ecal and become basically a judge for a small dispute.  Obviously this would take more time than he originally planned and was hopping that his wife, Eis, wouldn't be upset with the delay.  Sometimes, he forgets what he is married to, otherwise he wouldn't worry about her getting upset.  Speaking of Eis, she was on the otherside of town, looking through some of the new dresses and clothings that had just arrived in town.  The dresses themselves were not what one would expect nobility to wear.  They wear simple, but held their own elegence in their simplicity.  Something though that normal nobles wouldn't wear.

Eis herself wore one of her long white dress, a normal full dress, no frills or buttons or lace.  And yet, on her, it was one of the best looking dresses out there.  Or maybe, it was her.  For indeed, the atmosphere around her seamed happier, livelier.  When someone looked at her, they smiled a greeted her happily.  And even when they left they continued to smile.  Even the ones that were not in good moods, once they saw her and greeted her, walked away smiling.  She was just beautiful, in the most basic of ways, blonde hair, soft blue eyes, everything about her seamed...perfect.  Perfect to the point that some people had said that calling her sexy would be insulting her, because she was a beauty of the rarest of kind.  Of course, call her sexy in earshot of Ecal would lead to someone's day being ruined.  That is why it is without a doubt that no one in that town even thought that she was sexy, just down right beautiful.

Eis had just gotten down buying a new dress for Kori, her and Ecal's daughter.  And after thanking the sales clerk and stepping outside and saying hi to everyone.  She looked around and wondered about were Ecal and Kori where.  They were indeed late, but she figured they must be busy still.  So she went over to what would be best described as a community gathering area.  An idea of hers that Ecal had surprisingly endoresed.  It would be something close to a small park, but with more benches and chairs.  People went there to rest and relax and talk with others.  Basically, all the chairs and benches were in covered gazeboes, thus protecting the occupants from the sun and rain.  Today though, the area was somewhat empty.  Everyone was busy with their own jobs and businesses to have time to come out there.  So Eis decided to go to the area with the most people to see who was there that she could talk with, or to find out what was even going on around town.

Anonymous

Ghost had spent the better part of the day flying through the mountain ranges. She could never get over how different things looked from the air as it did from the ground. Her eagle form was one of the bigger forms flying that day, so she didn't worry about being hunted. That had happened once or twice a predator larger than her had tried catching her for food, so she was much more cautious these days. She had been headed for the capitol of Serendipity, but had taken a detour to enjoy the scenery.

Her wings were just starting to get tired when down below her she spotted a small town. It looked very inviting so she decided to land for a spell and maybe stay the night. She slowly circled her way downward and landed a bit away from the town. She learned the hard way that some people found it rather frightening for an eagle to transform into a woman. So she hid while she changed forms. She adjusted her toga to make sure it was on right. It was starting to get a bit faded and she made a mental note to get a new outfit when she could. She loved this one though. It was so light and breezy especially good for the summer months. The top was halter style that left her stomach bare as well and the bottom was long and flowing. There was a sash that went over one shoulder and under the other that gave it that toga look.

She took her time walking into town, savoring the noises of the wilderness around her. As she got into town she immediately noticed how quiet and peaceful it seemed. This was her kind of town alright. She wasn't sure where everything was, she needed an inn and perhaps some place to eat. She did notice a park like area with a few people milling around or sitting and talking. Ghost figured she'd be able to ask a person there where she could find those buildings so she walked there.  She didn't notice anyone that didn't appear to be busy talking and she didn't want to disturb anyone, so she took a seat at one of the benches to wait for someone to walk by that didn't seem too busy. Her purple eyes scanned the area taking in the simpleness of the place, for once in a few weeks she felt very relaxed.

As she was scanning her eyes landed on something she didn't see quite often. A woman, almost as white as she was. She was probably the most beautiful woman Ghost had ever seen. There was also some kind of aura about her that made Ghost instantly smile and feel happy. There was something also that made her feel very close to this woman as if she had found part of herself in someone else. Whatever it was it was strong enough to make her get off the bench and walk over to the beautiful woman. "Um..hi. I was wondering if you could help me?" She asked, her shyness not evident at all while talking to this woman.

Anonymous

Eis turned her smile onto Ghost when she approached.  Something about Ghost caught her eye, Eis wasn't sure what it was.  But what ever it was she liked the feeling.  It was like greeting a dear friend for the first time in a long time.  "Certainly, if at all possible I can help you I will."  She said smiling.  She looked around and found an open bench and went to it and sat down and motioned for Ghost to sit down.  "Have a seat and tell me what you need help with.  Also, introductions.  I am Eis Engel and you are?"  She asked softly, her voice was a beautiful as she was herself, her behavior nicer than nice.

The very thought of malice being anywhere in Eis's soul or thoughts or voice would cause many people that know her well to burst out laughing.  She just wasn't that type of person.  She always smiled, and always held hope for others.  And as Eis looked at Ghost she started to see something familiar.  The protective hand of a god.  So, she was a chosen of a god.  And from the looks of it, a good god.  But which one Eis couldn't put her finger on it.  But as she continued to watch Ghost, she started to get the identity of the god.  Anaisyn, that was the identity that she was able to figure out.

Despite her celestial nature and abilities, she still was in the dark about going ons in the world.  Even those events concerning gods.  This was due to the fact that she was married and lived life like any other human.  So despite figuring out the identity of the god that Ghost was protect by, Eis herself knew nothing beyond that.  For now, she would see what she could do for Ghost, and perhaps than she could ask questions about Anaisyn.

Anonymous

Ghost felt almost as if she was in a daze, but more than that. She felt as if she had just gotten a hug from her mother. Which really made her sad since she didn't remember her mother or know if she even had one. She followed the white woman over to the bench and sat down next to her. "Thank you for your kindness." She said almost as silently.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Eis. My name is Ghost. No more, just Ghost." She answered almost apologetically since her name was more of a noun than a name. "I'm new to the area, on my way to the capitol and was needing a place to stay. I was just wondering where the best place to stay is? Not that I'm too picky, but I'd like a place that doesn't have holes in the roof." She said with a small giggle.

"This is a very beautiful little city. Does it have a name?" She asked curiously. She loved little places like this, hidden away from the rest of the world almost. No worries except for their own, people taking care of each other. At least she thought that was the type this town was.

Anonymous

Eis couldn't help but like Ghost, she seamed like a good person.  As for what she was looking for?  "No need to thank me for anything Ghost.  As for a place for you to stay?  You could stay at my place.  We have plenty of room.  I'm sure Ecal my husband wouldn't mind.  And that way you could tell me all about Anaisyn while we have dinner.  I'm not to knowledgeable about him, which is embarassing, for I should know all the good gods."  She told Ghost, blushing a little about the last part.  In truth Eis was very embarassed when she doesn't know much about a good god.

As for the town itself?  It was very much how Ghost though about it, quite, and while hidden away from the rest of the world for the most part, it still got a lot of visitors that knew of it and the Engels.  Due to its seclusion and self sufficiency it really didn't have many worries.  And due to Eis, everyone was nice to everyone there, they all took care of each other.  Which is why that due to the fact that the only inn in the town was constantly full and the elders begin to search for an answer Ecal got involved, and currently has a hand in getting another inn constructed.  And the towns name?  "The town is a very beautiful place, the townsfolk do a wonderful job at keeping it nice.  And this place is called Hope.  Simply Hope.  Due to the fact that many people come out here seeking rest and relaxation and healing."

The town was also known for the Engel family, which of course Ghost didn't know about.  Eis and Ecal being what they were went to the capital often.  And in fact, thats when Eis got an idea.  "I know!  How about not only do you stay with us, but tommorrow we can take a trip to Arca!  How does that sound?"  Eis offered.  Simply put, even if Ecal didn't want Ghost to stay the night or even go to Arca the next day, if Eis said they were, he would go with it.  He was devouted to her, heart and soul.  She had saved him, thus the least he can do was make her happy.  Though in reality, just being with him made her happy, she wasn't greedy in any fashion.

Anonymous

Ghost smiled warmly at the beautiful woman. "You are too kind, Eis. I would be honored to stay with you and your family." She said. Ghost honestly couldn't believe her luck in finding such a pleasant town and a very nice lady in these kind of desolate mountains. She was thinking a bit to herself and then something Eis said caught her off guard. "Anaisyn?! How do you know of Anaisyn? In all the years that I have been traveling, spreading the word of my god, and I have never ran across anyone else who knew of him.

"Yes. I do agree conversation over dinner is a must. Forgive my excitement, but I've always thought I was the only one who knew of Anaisyn." She said, feeling a bit light headed. Normally she was the one telling other people who Anaisyn was. It was nice for a change for another person to say something to her about Anaisyn, even if it wasn't that much. Though she was still in a bit of shock she managed to hear what she was saying to her. "Oh, that would be lovely. I was actually dreading going into the city by myself." She said a bit shyly.

Anonymous

Eis couldn't help but give a small giggle at Ghost's excitment.  It was a good sign of Ghost's devotion to Anaisyn.  True, while Eis knew of Anaisyn and basically all the other gods, she didn't know about them like their followers would.  "I wouldn't be able to be a good angel if I didn't know of the gods that exist.  But while I know of all the gods that exist, I know nothing about them, other than if I could trust certain ones or not.  So if you would be able to tell me about Anaisyn I would be honored to hear of him."  Eis looked around, obviously searching for someone.

But alas, Ecal was still not back.  He was still playing Mediator between two people.  Eis though, being the angel she was, was very patient with people and could wait all day for him.  Especially since she now had someone to talk to.  "We got to wait for my Ecal and Kori, shes our daughter.  She is our only child, and is the pride and joy of us."  Eis, being the person she was never did think bad of a person unless they proved to be completely loathsome.  And since Ecal had long ago proved to not be a bad person, indeed, while still somewhat a person that gave others a shiver up their spine, he was good at heart.  But he was somewhat intimidating.

Then Eis thought about how others had reacted to him before and decided to warn Ghost.  "A word of warning is in need here, when my husband arrives, please do not be alarmed by him.  He is in reality a good person, despite how he looks."  She said.  If anything, today seamed like a good day to be alive for anyone.  Eis than thought of something else.  "Since you are going to be eating over tonight, I would like to know if you have any preference of what you would like to eat.  Tell me what you want and we can get it for you."  If Ghost thought for even a second that Eis was kidding, she wasn't.  While very rich, Eis was in no way a greedy person, nor a scrooge.  She liked to help others, no matter the cost.

Anonymous

Ghost couldn't help but be a bit disappointed that Eis did not know much about Anaisyn. Though she wasn't surprised, not many had even heard of him so it was something in itself that she knew him at all. Then the word angel finally reached her brain. That had to be the reason Ghost felt the way she did around Eis. Such a purely good creature such as herself would naturally draw other good beings to her. "Unfortunately I probably only know a bit more than you do. I know he is good, obviously and that he wants me to spread his name and love and to heal those in need. Other than that though I'm at a loss. I do have this though." She pulled out the pendant that was hidden under her toga.

"This is the only thing that I owned before I had amnesia." She said, rubbing the violet pendant lovingly. "It's a puzzle box." She showed what she meant by pressing it in a certain pattern and it popped open to reveal a small strip of paper. "Here you can read it." She handed the strip of paper to Eis carefully. The paper said on it 'Spread my love. Heal my people.' and it was certainly magical by the way the paper shined and sparkled.

"That is fine. I am patient, besides I've never met an angel before so I'm content to sit here and talk with you. I won't be alarmed I promise. How people act is what I go by, not what they look like and I'm sure your daughter is gorgeous." She said, though she was a bit jealous. Ghost would very much like one day to have a family of her own. "Oh I'm not picky. I like anything so whatever you wish to make is fine by me."

Anonymous

Eis looked at Ghost and wondered.  She didn't realize she had amnesia.  But, something told Eis that is was for the safety of Ghost that she had amnesia.  Eis took the piece of paper gently into her hands and looked at it.  The power of the divine was in the paper.  Obviously made by Anaisyn.  Eis handed the paper back to Ghost.  "I think Anaisyn has choosen well."  She said giving Ghost a big smile.

Most people that the Ecal family had invited to dinner or lunch always did have some sort of request for something to eat.  So it sort of surprised Eis that Ghost did not have anything in particular.  But at the same time, it made her glad that she didn't seam, to be at all picky at food.

Than Eis realized something, she should warn Ghost about not only how Ecal looks, but his behavior.  Especially since she judges people on how they act, and Ecal...  "Also, do not be alarmed about Ecal's behavior.  I understand some people take offense easly to his behavior.  But he really is a nice guy."