Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I call to thee, o spirits! (Rina! HAH!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was only a small village, a neat little place that was out of the way, but the duty that brought her here was none the less important. A few nights ago, miraculously she had seen a vision that hadn't been a few minutes into the future. This was one that was quite a bit further. A body, washing up onto the rocks of an island. This body leaked such dreadful things from it, a strange blight that poisoned the very rocks themselves. The island's name was not important, she knew however the location of it, and had set sail the next morning. Her small craft was a sleek vessel, it was meant to transport no more than four people. She knew a little of the seas, one had to when you were born to island chains, and her father had taught her the ways of sails and knots. This helped her to manoeuvrer the craft as it cut through the water like an arrow through the air.

Her trip took her only a day, but she was ever vigiliant as she awaited a sign of her vision. It came finally with a strange flicker in the air. Something was odd...and she felt an uneasiness. The young woman, dressed in a black robe that hugged close to her body stood on the shores, far from the rocks of her vision. Her eyes were bound by the purest of white silk clothes, shielding her eyes from the physical world. Her hood was drawn up, hiding her soft blond hair in the darkness of the garment. By the time she made it to the rocks of her vision, there were villagers around the site, pulling a body from being battered by the waves. A zombie had been enlisted to do this chore, and it was no easy one as an advanced rate of rot began to affect the zombie.

It was nothing more than a pile of rotted flesh and soft bones as it dragged the man's carcass from the waters. It was unrecognizable, the man's skin had all but been eaten or rotted away, and there was something terribly wrong with the smell. The woman regarded the corpse with disgust. Though faint, she could hear the soul crying out to her. However, that would have to wait. She approached one of the young men who stood looking apprehensively at the body.

"Tis a grave thing afore us, Goodman, and erelong I fear that thou shalt have needs of me." Her tone was docile, it was soft and smooth even under the archaic language that she used. "Linger here not long, for if thy group of villagers wish to knoweth the identity of he who's life hath been spilt, I wilt require a goodly number of items for mine ritual." Some could be a superstitious lot, but the group was level minded, and knew what she intended. To speak with the dead.

Night had to fall, and well into the night, before midnight, were the villagers prepared. A number of torches had been spread out around the body, more to show where the blight was, and where it was unsafe to tread. The young woman had looked pensive all day as she delegated orders for what she required. Sage was the hardest object to obtain, but it was something she required, if only to clear her mind.

"I call to thee, O spirit of Slain, thou shalt not linger long in thy ephemeral form, I shalt not keep thee from rest, but I doth require answers." She called her, focusing herself to call upon the soul. It was a wretched thing that stood within the blight. A soul should be beautiful and untouched, unmarred by death, but this soul was...disgusting to the woman. It was dark, faint, struggling to appear almost. "Please...Please no...no more..." It cried helplessly at her.

"Thy rest is at hand, harken to me O spirit. What manner of creature hath done such atrocities to thee? Answer soothfast, and speak swith, as the moon wanes, so doth my power...I fear erelong our conversation shall be closed." She urged the restless soul, who just wished no more than to pass on. "He came without warning...so quiet...and his touch was excruciating. I felt my body cry out, and my soul itself cried as well. He showed no mercy as he took from me my life, but I didn't care. However my soul...he could touch my soul, and his touch was...How could I bear it? I tried to flee, but he held me there, his face alight with mirth. Please...let me go...I want to rest...I am dead, and I am tired." The wretched spirit spoke softly, and there were murmurs in the crowd as they listened.

"Prithee, didst thou perceive a name from this vile monster?" She inquired, her brow marred with sweat, and the white symbols upon her cheek did now glow as she tried to hold onto the soul for just a little bit.

"Beware of him, the Ugly one! Look not at his face, his beauty is a trap! He is ugly! Run from the Ugly One! He comes not to these islands, but beware him!" The soul cried out in anguish as it was forced to recall the being that slain him.

"Thy shalt feel his wrath no more...My power over you wanes, and so go thereinto comfort, rest, and be at peace. We shalt mind nowise." Her tone was consoling, as she did indeed feel pity for the soul. Such a grievous tragedy to one who did not deserve it. She rose slowly and turned to the villagers, the runes on her face no longer glowing. "Burn it all. Let the fires purge and cleanse the land from this monster. Take care, lest thou shalt find thyself in such a fate." She retreated a little ways to observe as the villagers set fire to the blighted area and the corpse of the dead man and their decayed zombie. It was but all they could do at this point. The fire was quite large, and it burned away merrily without a care, consuming the tainted area and bodies. The woman was almost sure that very few people on the island, or even on the ocean itself would not miss the blaze.

Anonymous

It had been a long time since the entropymancer had been to the islands. She had missed it quite a bit, the feel, the smell, everything. Not that she was all the way home. She had only made it so some tiny island she wasn't sure of the name of.

She hadn't planned on stopping long, just to get some food and take a break. But there had been an accident. One she wasn't really equipped to deal with, but it had piqued her interest. And then her interest had been further aroused when she way the lovely medium arrive. Senka was always a sucker for the pretty ones.

So the necromancer stayed to watch. It was a sad, depressing affair. That someone would do that to another soul was deeply horrifying. She shivered, hands sliding over her bare arms. She could get her jacket, but she knew it wouldn't really help.

When the fire takes off, blazing bright against the darkness, Senka moves closer, feeling the intense heat against her skin. Her strange mismatched eyes, one a solid white, the other a solid black glance over at the woman, "That was a good thing you did." In the fire light, the other woman was even prettier. She moved a little closer, "Did you find out what happened?" She could still smell the stench of corruption on the air, even with the fire blazing.

Anonymous

Her thoughts were elsewhere, unaware of almost anyone around her. She was troubled by these turn of events. Somewhere on the continent, there was a creature there that so...easily was able to hurt a soul. That was able to cause such decay, to even have it not harm the body, but to blight even rocks that it did touch. The zombie had decayed so quickly when it retrieved the body, and yet the actual corpse stayed in such pristine form. It horrified her to say the least.

And the casual way it seemed to feed and pollute the soul. This was surely the work of a necromancer, but its power was so raw and unbridled, and it's work was quick. This was not something she really thought would be good to go against. Perhaps a warning should go out...if only she had the foresight to have asked the soul for a description. Though, she did think that part of her did not want to know the face of the creature. As long as it was shapeless, formless, faceless, she felt a bit...safer. Though it meant she would not know it if it stared her in the face, she would not see the creature's face at night in dreams.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice cutting through, she turned a blindfolded gaze to the woman and nodded slightly. She turned her attention back toward the fire, watching pensively before the woman spoke once more to her. "Aye, t'was a creature of fearsome repoire. Betwixt the anguish pain that didst rage within the soul, it revealed the murder. I dared not pry deep within, for it wert a terrible creature that doth twisted the poor soul." The young woman sighed almost dramatically as she turned toward her. "Heretofore I had never dreamt such a creature could exist, I darest not call it a person, for whereof such person could spawn and raise for such an evil?" The question was redundant, she did not expect much of an answer.

"It truly rended my heart, there was not a single mawt nor bloatfly upon the carcass...It was as if Death itself wouldst dare not touch it."

Anonymous

Senka shivered, watching the fire. The cleansing flames helped, but the dark energy of the place was still strong. A taint in the air, slowly being eaten away by the fire. Such a shame to meet such a lovely woman under such dark circumstances. It was enough to even kill off her sex drive.

The woman's archaic speech was a little hard to follow, though the entropymancer was pretty sure she got most of it, "I can't imagine anything close to human doing that. I've felt demons magic and even that didn't....compare to this." She rubbed her arms, feeling the scars under her fingers. Flesh was just flesh, that didn't matter. But the soul....to taint and harm it like that. That was something so morally abhorrent to Senka it made her feel ill.

"They wouldn't touch the flesh. Only the soul...." Senka's strange eyes watched the dancing flames, "It's like a soul eater. Only....worse." She didn't speak for a while, just watching the fire, "Are you alright? You came close to that taint."

Anonymous

The fire would help to cleanse the place of all the evil, but their minds would still be filled with the darkness of what happened here. At least that darkness could not harm them, it could only serve to guide and protect them, to educate them to the horrors of what is out there. But how to protect from such a blight? It was a power unlike any other she'd seen. So strong, so...palpable. If word got out however, those who desired power might seek this creature, and if this creature was really so strong...

There would be an epidemic, unless one managed to actually kill this creature. It was impossible to say at this point though, the monster was very strong, and it had the power of an almost intelligent and overwhelming blight. "Nay, there be not a demon that ever could compare to this." She agreed readily with the woman as she observed her carefully. A necromancer perhaps, but not one like that which had killed the man they now burned.

"Aye...but methinks the fearsome foe didst have more intentions that just to devour and feed...but to spread that which was tainted." That was a sickening though, that it wanted others to touch it, and to become tainted and blighted until it would spread across the entire land. That was not something she so wanted to witness, and luckily for now she had stopped it here.

"Worry not anent myself, ifsoever I was in mortal peril, mine eyne would have showed me. Heretonow, I never wished away my second vision, but I am now having to harken to these strange visions more and more." She gave a sad sigh as she thought more upon it. Why was it her that was to have such visions? And for them to have been so far away, days in the future, it worried her. She never relied heavily upon the visions, but now they seemed to show her something important.

"Thou may call upon my name, if thy would like to. Daltheseena, as the gentle spirits come to know mineself." She made no inclination to hold out a hand in greeting, but gave a gentle inclination of her head.

Anonymous

This was a dark place. Senka shuddered again, sighing. It was a problem that would have to be taken care of and not by her. She didn't have the power to even come close to the amount of power this monster had. She could only control entropy, she had no real talent in any of the other schools of necromancy or magic.

"Spread it?" Senka made a face, "How cruel some creatures are. I'll never understand it." She shook her head, long braid dancing behind her. The whole thing just made her feel sad.

The woman's next comment had her raising an eyebrow, "Visions? Are you a seer as well?" Now she remembered why she hadn't wanted to come home. Almost everyone seemed so much more talented then she was. Depressing really.

"Daltheseena? That's a pretty name. I'm Senka. Senka dela Nostari." She stared to hold her hand out, then paused, letting it drop. The other woman hadn't extended hers, so maybe she didn't want to be touched.

"Are you going to watch the fire all night? Or can I buy you a warm drink?"

Anonymous

"Naught but a few minutes in mine eyes doth I see, but there be times when it extends pass the fold of minutes, allowing glimpses into distances untold." Daltheseena told her simply, or as simply as the archaic woman coudl at least.

"Mine visions have already revealed thy name unto me." Dal spoke softly, as she knew that at times her visions were benign. She wished for huge events that could change the world, but oft she got names of people or prices of items from merchants. It wasn't the most handy ability in the world, but it at least helped her in some ways once in a while. Like with this event at least.

She gave a kind smile as she looked to Senka. "These people art but of a humble breed, and thou wilt be hard pressed to find a place that serves such beverages." Dal paused thoughtfully, putting a finger to her lips as she thought about it. "Mayhaps, if thou wishes to share a drink, that thy wouldst accompany me back to my ship. Though I doth not imbibe a great quantity, enough to leave mine sense , I doth keep a few good bottles of brandy, rum and whiskey...for when the night be cold and my tea needst to be a mite stronger." She wouldn't mind the company as well, the ship wasn't the biggest, but when it was meant to transport four, and have a crew of ten or twenty, it often seemed a little...empty.

Daltheseena turned and headed to the other shores of the island, where she had landed. She had dared not to land on the same side as where the vision had taken place, lest she find herself in grave trouble of course. It was a fine vessel of course, and it did as it was told. She took Senka across the boarding plank and into the captain's cabin, which of course had become her quarters. They were lush and extravagant, but nothing overly gaudy, as ships had a tendency to sway and rock. A rather beautiful rosewood table was set out, and Daltheseena lit a small stove in the corner and put a kettle on. She got out two glasses, though unsure if her new companion would care for one.

"Dost thou enjoy tea, or wouldst thou prefer a shot of something else?" The bottles of alcohol were in rather artfully designed bottles, and she bought them out to display on the table for Senka. Daltheseena on the other hand took a seat and looked pensive, biting her lower lip almost unconsciously as she waited for the tea. She didn't often have living visitors, this was quite a treat, but also a little unusual. However not much harm could come from this. Daltheseena reached up and tugged her hood off, letting her long soft blond hair spill forth. The colour bordered almost on a white, which went well with her caramel skin and the white designs on her cheeks.

"If thou wouldst not find mine question rude, how didst thy find thyself on this island? Wert thou driven by some force as well?"

Anonymous

"Oh. Well." Senka gave a small laugh, pale skin flushing slightly, "Guess the introduction was unneeded." It was a little hard following what the woman said, her speech was very archaic and Senka had never been one for the past. She was much more into the present and what was going to happen next.

The woman was right, Senka was pretty sure there wasn't much to be had on the island, but she was a a creature of hope. And the woman's suggestion had her smiling back, "That sounds lovely. I would love a nice, strong cup of tea."

The ship was lovely. Senka was impressed. She didn't really know much about ships, but she thought it looked nice. Her strange eyes peered around, taking it all in. And a small room, a pretty lady and some booze was always a good thing in her book.

"Driven? Not really. I just was stopping off to take a little break, get some water before I moved on." Senka shrugged, watching the woman with obvious interest. The hair was a beautiful shade of blond, Senka was a little jealous. Her own hair a dark, silky black, other then the bangs, "Those are some beautiful tattoos you have."

Anonymous

"Nay, Tis always nice to hear from the present reality, ere I find myself lost in the glimpses of beyond." Dal told Senka simply. It was true, she'd rather hear it from a person than from her visions. She always felt a little cheated, knowing names and directions she asked for ahead of time. One of the things people didn't understand was that she needed to ask really, she didn't always get visions, and so she wouldn't always know.

Daltheseena had done her best to give the ship a nice air of familiarity to her, a home for herself when she needed it. She did indeed travel a lot, and this ship housed her quite a bit. It was nothing over the top of course, but there were some fineries and exquisite pieces to it, she would admit with a shy smile.

Dal smiled earnestly, her own cheeks finding a little darker colour coming to them as she was being admired by the woman across from her. She of course didn't think anything bad of it, that there was harm that could be there in the simple things. "They art a focus for mine craft. Delivered unto me in sweven. These upon mine face art but a fraction though, there art more upon mine person.. I didst thole the pain of the process, the gratification was verily a reward." Daltheseena turned her blind gaze to Senka, her hands reaching up to the pure white cloth that bound her eyes to darkness. Slowly...she began to untie them before she pulled them away completely.

Her eyes could have been mistaken for white, but if one searched closed enough, they'd find they were actually the lightest of blues. "I would pose a question to thee, Senka, if thou findst it rude, dost not feel obligated to answer. Thou art like me, but thou art something else...thou art have heritage unknown. Thou hast piercings, tattoos, and thou hast scars like of my culture, but thy skin hath a paleness unfamiliar to mine people." Daltheseena smiled earnestly, noting all the piercings and tattoos upon the face of her new friend.

"Erewhile I hadst only seen thee through the veil and visions, but now that I see thee through mine own eyes, I can verily begin asking questions in earnest." She had chosen not to give herself many piercings, though her ears had been pierced of course, the left one having an elegant design of a silver chain looped and dangling like a large snake amongst tree branches. There were five earrings on that ear, with the chain attached to each one of them as it were.

"I...apologize, I hadst yet to post any question unto thee...thou art not a full Thanati like mineself, art thou? Raised here, and perhaps thou have some of our blood within thee, but thy other wordly complexion and thy stunning eyes betray a different heritage." She tried to word it properly, and she hoped that mixing it with compliments would help to soften the question, which could really be quite rude. Some people didn't like to talk about it and became offended at the subject.

Anonymous

It was nice to know she hadn't irritated the other woman by her redundant introduction. Senka had never really dealt with seers much and she always felt a little awkward. It was hard to not stare at the woman, but Senka kept trying to keep from being rude.

"The tattoos are lovely. Though the face ones always hurt the most, don't they. Well, I have one down my spine that I was sure I was going to die when I got it." She didn't always understand everything the other woman said, but she was pretty sure she had the basics down. And the more she listened to her speak, the more she was able to pick up, "I always wanted to get white ones, but they don't work well with my skin."

The question, combined with the removal of the eye cover had Senka wondering if the woman wasn't actually blind. She had assumed she was, but her movements had been very sure and she was commenting on her appearance. Her tongue flicked out over one of the rings in her lip, grinning, "Don't worry. It's a question I've gotten many times. No point in getting upset about it." She wasn't ashamed of it, though she had often wished she had gotten the lovely, ducky skin of most Thanati.

"My father was born and raised here, though he was orphaned, so who knows what is in his blood. My mother was an elf. She developed some flesh crafting and entropymancy and got kicked out of her village. Got her skin." She didn't know why she didn't have her fathers darker skin, as that tended to breed through or why her eyes were so strange. She just assumed it was because of her brother.

Senka frowned slightly, she hadn't felt her brother presence much since landing on the tainted island. She hoped he wasn't hurt by it, it had been a powerful corruption and he was just a soul. And normally her brother liked lovely woman as much as she did, so he should have been around, watching Dal.

Anonymous

"Aye, thou needst to have thinself a certain colouration to work with such colours." Daltheseena agreed with a smile. The woman's own tattoos didn't look bad either, and they didn't contrast poorly with her so that was good no doubt. It was always bad to see poor choices when it came to tattoos, with simple designs and poorly chosen ink colours.

"Good, I wouldst hate to upset thou, let me knowest if I perchance overstep any boundries." She did not want to make an enemy of this woman, she was good company, and one of her own so she would not want to step on any feet. It was hard to make friends when you could glimpse even the slightest into the future, that was something she found on the mainlands. Some found it might queer to be able to know what someone was going to say before they said it, but she didn't blame them. Their culture and superstitions were different, but the term witch did have a certain sting to it.

Dal continued to sip her tea and smile at Senka as she shared her lineage. It was actually quite a story in her opinion, and it did offer some explanation. "That wouldst explain a number of things, but they doth not seem to be such a burden upon ye, in fact I would be so bold to say that it makes thou quite unique amongst all of us dark skinned ones. A white rose among all the red." That, she thought, was a very accurate way of putting it actually. She did not meet many a Thanati that were of such pale colourings, it was very refreshing in all honesty.

"Thou seemst a tad perturbed, Good Senka, doth something bother thee?" Her white eyes were upon Senka, as if searching for something. The future lay hidden at this point sdly, perhaps her gift overspent from the uses of the day and prior night. Not a great matter, but sometimes people didn't want to divulge things, and if it were something that she could help with...all the better to know the truth. "Again, if I overstep, please, hesitate not to instruct me so."

Anonymous

"I'm far to pale for white tattoos." Senka nodded her head, agreeing with the woman, "I always wished I could have them though. They look so good on other people." It was a popular color on the islands, with all the darker skin the native people had.

Senka gave a short laugh, shaking her head, "Oh no. I'm quite hard to offend. I've had much ruder questions asked. You know how mainlanders are, so quick to hate our kind. I'm sure you have it worse then I do." Like Senka, Dal was easily visible as an outsider and her abilities as a seer and a speaker to the dead would make her stick out quite a bit.

She was still a little distracted, wondering where her brother was to respond much to the compliment. Senka gave Dal a small smile, her eyes scanning the room, as if that would make her brother magically appear, "Thank you."

It wasn't like she was being very subtle, so Dal's question got a small blush and a sheepish smile, "Sorry. I don't mean to be so distracted. But I can't sense my brothers spirit. And after that taint, I'm a little worried about it."

Anonymous

"Aye, they art a troublesome lot, but tis out of fear for us unknown, of death and the immortal beyond." Dal considered herself lucky. Her powers were benign in nature, they didn't really hurt any souls, or desecrate the bodies of the dead. That was a true insult to the mainlanders usually, very much a terrible and evil act. They hadn't learned yet that the body is flesh and blood, it is a vessel that holds the soul, and once the soul is released in death, the body means very little. They would learn in time though, they were still all so long, and every culture had a lot of growing to do.

She didn't blame them, they were ignorant. That of course, was not an insult to them. Ignorance wasn't an insult, it simply meant that they were uneducated, they had not bothered to learn.

If they didn't learn, that was alright by her too.

"Truly, t'was only the truth I doth speak." Again she was smiling to the other woman. This woman was quite good company, it was good to be with a woman who was just like her, but was on the opposite end of the spectrum so to speak. She was a pale skinned woman, while Dal was a dusky caramel colour.

"Thine brother hath past on beyond this mortal coil?" It was a redundant question as Daltheseena pursed her lips for a moment. Her eyes almost seemed to become whiter, and her white tattoos gave off a soft glow before she smiled brightly. "Ahh...I understand. Though he died 'ere his time, I canst see thou wouldst not grieve, for his spirit wanders with thee. That wouldst mean that he lives on with thee, and that the experiences he wouldst encounter in life he canst still experience with thee." That was a truly Thanati looking at things after all. Dal remembered her tea was still there, and she picked up her cup and began to sip gently at her tea.

"How is thine tee, dost thou require more?" Always a gracious host, when she could remember it of course.

Anonymous

"It's so strange. They care so much for a mess of blood and flesh and other such mundane things." Senka shook her head, finding the whole thing confusing. Mainlanders were an odd bunch, but Senka found them fascinating all the same. "Yet they care so little for the soul. I don't understand them."

Lifting the cup, Senka inhaled deeply, savoring the rich scent, "I have to admit, it is nice to be home. Back with people that understand how the world works." And Del was good company beyond that. Even with her odd manner of speech, she felt so comfortable.

"Yes. He died at birth." Senka chewed on of the rings in her lip, nervous. He sometimes was harder to sense then others and sometimes wondered off to check things out. But the dark, soul tainting energy made her nervous, "Can you tell if he's okay? He wasn't hurt by that taint was he?" Despite her connection to her twin, Senka had no real talent with spirits, so she was out of her league.

Taking another sip, she nodded her head, "The tea is lovely. Thank you. I wouldn't say no to another cup though."

Anonymous

"They art but a strange folk, they doth believe that which is but a husk makes up all what a person is." Two vastly differential beliefs were present in the two cultures. Daltheseena could understand theirs however as well. "Tis not as much a mystery as thou might believe Senka. A person doth spend all their mortal time with the coil of another. Tis only natural for one to find themselves thinking of the world they inhabit, and not the one they shall inhabit. Tis their way to think of the now, and not of the later." Dal explained, hoping it made as much sense to Senka as it did to herself. The concept was sound, the mortal coil was controlled after all, and a great deal of time, usually around a hundred years was spent in the presence of other shells. You get attached to the shells, and when the shell dies, not everyone is comforted by the fact that the immortal soul moves on...because you had not moved on yet. You were stuck here, while a friend you had known for ages was no longer with you.

A distressing though to say the least, and Dal did hope that one day mediums and soul-speakers would become more helpful to the lost ones.

"Aye, Thou art correct. Even though I find myself wandering to the distant lands, I doth find mineself erelong wanting to return to native soils." It was always nice when a vision didn't have her sail off to another shore...but at this point in time, with the recent event fresh in her mind, she did wish that perhaps she had been called away to far away lands.

"I dost not find him hurt by taint, verily I ensured that no soul would pass within the taint, save for the soul already tainted. Thy brother's soul is quite safe, as far as I have been gifted knowledge." She did know that nothing had touched the taint, except for the zombie who fished the body free from the water's grip. Other than that, there wasn't a soul who had come into contact with the filth that had been contained within the husk.

"Then I shalt get thee another fresh cup." Daltheseena stood and moved to the little stove, retrieving the kettle and a small jar of honey. She brought it to the table, pouring out some of the delicious smelling, and tasting, tea into Senka's cup. She added a little bit of honey, just enough to sweeten it up nicely. "Hast thou a place to sleep? This clipper of mine hath another sleeping quarter, I doth offer it to thee if thou wouldst require or want it."

Anonymous

Senka gave a small shrug of her shoulder. She understood the idea, it just made little sense to her. It was just flesh after all. She had seen it manipulated and changed by artists. Seen the zombies shuffle around. They might wear the face of a loved one, but there was no sign of the person they had loved there.

Like her brother. Senka wasn't much of a medium, but she could sense her brother. It had never really bothered them that he didn't have a mortal body. He had never seemed to begrudge her hers, no violence or malevolence from him, "Outsiders are a strange lot, to be sure."

The reassurance that her brother was alright had the entropymancer relaxing with a small sigh. He was probably just hiding then, nervous about the dark magic that had found its way ashore. He wouldn't resist the lure of a pretty girl very long. Senka smiled a little at that thought. They really were siblings.

She crossed her long legs, watching Dal get more tea. She was wearing a sort of mix of clothing styles, having picked up some things while on her travels, wearing some breeches that hugged her slender curves nicely. It had been nice, being able to be much more open about her attraction to woman. But she was home now, and dealing with another Thanati. Test the waters, make sure she didn't get herself in trouble with her interest.

"I don't have a place to sleep." Senka stirred her tea, tongue playing with one of her lip rings, her mind drifting off into some rather naughty places for a moment. All that warm, candy caramel colored skin against her own pale skin....Senka gave a small shiver, turning her attention back to the present, "I would love to stay here if it wont inconvenience you."

Anonymous

"Aye, they art a group of odd behaviours." Dal agreed with a gentle smile. She never realized how...well, nice it was to be talking to someone again. Usually she had spent a lot of her time with her own thoughts and visions, trying desperately to help those who truly needed it. It was a slightly stressful life to say the least, but it was rewarding. That's one thing that kept her going at least.

Dal was, for the most part, very ignorant when it came to matters of a personal nature. She had never actually...been interested in sex, or in male relationships. She had always been focused on her gifts, and never really thought about anything like that. She knew that she was probably average for a Thanati, she never really had any way of judging such a thing...nor an interest in comparing herself either. There had been better things for her to do after all.

She could never imagine that this woman had such an interest, after all it was rather...lewd, illegal, and immoral for two genders to feel attraction for each other. Granted, that was a matter of flesh, and really, Daltheseena was interested more in the ethereal beyond than something so trivial.

At Senka's mention of not having a place to stay, and her want to stay here, it made the young seer smile. "Then thou must stay here tonight! It is of no inconvenience unto me, I promise thee. T'would be a nice change from the solitude that we art used to around here." Daltheseena smiled, ignorant to the naughty thoughts that were plaguing the mind of the other woman. Such things would never have crossed her thoughts really, but once more...she was unaware of these things.

"Please, accompany me to thy quarters, I shalt show thee everything that thou might require during thy stay." Her tea was left on the table as she went to the door to her cabin. Granted they would need to leave the warmth and comfort of her cabin but it was a short walk to the stairs that led to the depths of the ship. "On thy left is the washroom. Thou wilt find a stove for heating water inside. If thou desires any food, the stores and the kitchen art but here on thine right." Inside was a simple ship's galley, carefully created to not have any fires light the ship aflame. The stores had mostly food that would keep, but a fine meal could be produced, even bread could be baked.

"This room shalt be thine own." She opened the wooden door, showing her the particular place she'd stay in. It wasn't overly dressed up, it had a porthole for looking out into, and a small dresser, mostly filled with towels and bedsheets, though the one person bed was already made up of course. It even had several pillows...five of them actually. "Tis my hope that this serves thee well and is not too uncomfortable." Daltheseena told the woman as she turned to look at her, hands folded in front of her as she bowed. She wouldn't deny it, she was nervous, she didn't have much of a personal life after all, and this was a worrisome subject.

More so since her gift wouldn't help her much here, after all it wasn't of a great importance in her life, at least...not that she knew of.

Anonymous

Senka stood as Dal offered to escort her to her quarters. Things were looking up, this was a much nicer ship then she was used too. And the company was nice. Even if Dal didn't have an interest in her sexually, Senka enjoyed talking to the woman. She took one last drink of her tea before leaving the cup on the table and following the pretty medium outside.

It was a little chilly and Senka shivered a little at the temperature change. Then she felt hands on her shoulders, rubbing lightly. She smiled, one hand coming up to touch the phantom ones. Zoran couldn't actually warm her any, but she appreciated the gesture, "There you are. You had me worried."

Sorry. I'm here now.

"Good." Senka turned her attention back to Dal as she explained about the bath, "Hmmm...seems a lot of work for just one person to use." She smiled brightly, "Do you want to share the water then? I'm good at washing hair too."

I can help too.

"No." Senka shot her brother a dirty look and then proceeded to ignore him. Little pervert. The bedroom had Senka's approval though, "My! This is very nice Dal. Better then most places I've been staying at." Lots of pillows. That was for sure. Was there even a bed under all those pillows? "Thank you very much for letting me stay." Never one to pass up an opportunity, Senka reached over and hugged the other woman, for maybe a tad longer then absolutely necessary.

Anonymous

The conversation between Senka and her spirit brother had not gone unnoticed by the Medium. However, for both of the women it was almost like there was another person there. Dal could sense the brother, and if she realyl focused, she'd be able to see the brother, bring him into a complete almost...corporeal in a way. He'd be visible, almost completely really, but he'd still be a spirit. The world would be able to see him though, just as she done with the spirit on the beach.

Dal reached back to her hair, which was a little on the long side, it did cascade down her back. "Thou art most generous for offering, mine hair hath grown quite as a weed dost. Tis small wonder that I manage to ever clean it." Dal said as he gently ran a finger through a bit of hair she had grabbed. Luckily it was nothing too intensive really, but her baths did take a good while in order to completely scrub her hair clean.

"Thy brother dost be a strange one." She could hear, in some manner, what the spirit was saying. "Incorporeal and gone from the physical coil, yet he doth seem to still hath the heart of a teenager. 'Erelong I shalt start having to barricade mine quarters with wards and alarms." She didn't much seem to mind the strange perversion of the spirit. She was of course not used to such behaviour, and she found it oddly amusing and refreshing. An old saying came to mind about the whole thing. A dog with a bone.

"Thou art most welcome Senka, tis mine hope that you find everything...adequate." The hug was unexpected really, and Dal awkwardly put a hand on the woman's back, patting it a few times. Then things got even more awkward as the hug seemed to last...a bit longer. "Thou...appear sleepy. I shalt let thee hast thy privacy so thou may hath a restful slumber." She removed herself from the hug and quickly retreated from the bedroom. That was more than awkward enough for her.

A nice bath however would help to put her at ease. She felt a tad...dirty, spiritually mostly. Being so close to the blight...having to feel all that...pain. She was quick to get the stove ready and to start hauling buckets to the bath, putting them on to boil and then filling her bathtub up. Once she had it rather full, she was quick to add her scented oils and get her cake of soap before disrobing and stepping into the delightfully scented water. She relaxed into the very soothing water and smooth tub, sighing to herself as she let the calming smells and stress-relieving water just melt away the tension.

This was truly nice.

Anonymous

Yes! That's right. Senka smiled brightly, doing her best to look utterly innocent, "I would be happy to help wash your hair sometime." Senka shot her brother a dirty look at his comment, mentally promising him much pain if he ruined this for her.

"I can hear you. It is rude to talk about me like I am not here." The spirit reached out, running a hand down her hair, "Touch you too.

"Zoran!" Senka hissed his name, swatting at him, disrupting the boy, "Stop that you little pervert!" Flushing slightly, Senka turned her attention back to Dal, "Sorry about him."

But the damage was done. Dal was taking her leave and Senka wasn't going to get to see her naked, "Yes. Everything is very nice. Thank you." Once she was alone with her brother, Senka glared at him, "Asshole."

"She likes me."

"You wish. I'm taking a bath." Senka sighed, letting her hair down as she headed over to the stove to heat the water. Stupid brothers! The set up was nice and it wasn't too long before she had the tub full and was sinking gratefully into it. She could feel Zoran nearby, but she wasn't in the mood to talk to him. So she just let herself sink into the warm water and imagined what the lovely medium looked like in her own tub.