Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I call to thee, o spirits! (Rina! HAH!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((Hey! You know it's all good, and that I do not mind how long it takes, especially when it comes to school and work. Knowledge is good, and money is excellent, so if you need to focus on those then you do so!))

"I think Dal was right, I am plenty sensible." Pal said flatly as he looked to Senka. He was plenty sensible! It wasn't his fault that he was sucked in by fate and a vampire's words. He really hadn't been able to fight it, that was something that you just shouldn't fight either. Here though, they didn't really seem to have fate, or at least, they didn't have deities that were in everyone's business.

That was really nice.

"What's that now?" Pal asked with extreme interest and a rather large grin on his face. Sounded like justice to him! Serves her right for...making fun of him in the future. Okay so it was just silly but it was still awesome. "Senka hadst some trouble with a large bug. The beast doth believed Senka wert actually a lady bug." Dal said humorously as she looked to her companion. "Wouldst thou like a bath before thee retires Senka? I art sure that Pal wouldst be willing to assist thee with retrieving water." The seer said as she looked to the Wraith, who stood up. "I'd love ta help! Least I could do really!" A woman having a bath? Oh yeah, he was going to help!

Anonymous

Senka's pale skin flushed a dark red and she gave all three of her companions a dark glare, "It was not my fault that the bug was confused." Her brother got the darkest glare that promised revenge later, "And I thought I told you not to talk about that you little brat."

Dal's suggestion of a bath mollified the girl a little, though her face was still flushed, "A bath really does sound nice." She would just make sure she warded the crap out of her room so Pal didn't get any funny ideas.

Anonymous

"Thou shouldst find some buckets up top Pal, if thou couldst start filling them with water and boiling them, thou wouldst greatly help Senka." Dal told the Wraith who grinned and waved a hand. "Why deal with all that carrying when I could just do...this..." He opened a porthole, letting cool air slowly flow into the kitchen. Dal's skin became a little bumpy and she shivered at the feeling. Pal began to move his strange gauntlets back and forth, and within a minute there was a strange stream of fog pouring in through the porthole. It was directed though it was hard to see through, but it was in the shape of a rope. "What...art thou doing Pal?" Dal asked, quite interested in this new magical technique.

"Simple really! I'll use the fog to transport water. It'll go into the pot from the ocean, get heated up, then it'll go into the bathtub!" He had to get the oven going again, which he did, and put a pot on top of it before he started to wander off to find the bathtub. The rope of fog did just as he said, into the pot from the ocean, and then out the door and presumably into the bathtub. Dal stood up and decided to follow along. Sure enough he was in the washing room, with the rope of fog in the shape of a spout, pouring what appeared to be steaming water into the tub.

"Thou art really quite a remarkable creature Pal." Dal praised the young Wraith, who just gave a thumbs up as he controlled the stream of fog still with his other hand. Sure, he was showing off, but he had to get in with these ladies after all!

Anonymous

Senka stared, rather impressed. They didn't have much magic on Thanatos that wasn't Necromancy and seeing it so casually used was always a little thrilling, like she was privy to some secret she wasn't supposed to have seen.

And, well, that was just damned useful! She followed after Dal and was delighted at how quickly her bath was filling with warm water, "Thank you Pal! This is wonderful!" She gave the wraith a bright smile, her annoyance at her brother melted.

Once the bath was filled, she shooed everyone out, wanting to take her bath in peace.

Anonymous

"There's a reason they call me the magnificent Pal!" He boasted casually. Once the bath was filled he, along with everyone else, was shooed out of the room. "Wouldst thou mind pouring one for mineself Pal?"  The Seer asked the Wraith, who was more than happy to oblige. Two naked women right where he was? Oh yeah like he'd mind at all! It was a quick thing to do, and soon the seer and the entropymancer were both enjoying a bath, leaving the two spirits to themselves. Pal could only smirk, their wards protected against him and Zoran sure...in spirit form, but Pal was lucky enough to have two forms.

Of course, he decided that right now was not the best time to ah...test the limits juuuust yet, so he set about being on the deck, far away from the living. "Gods, good day and bad day today. I need a change of curses." He murmured quietly as he stared at the open ocean before them.

Anonymous

The trip was easy, the winds fair, the company pleasant. Leaning out over the rail, Senka watched the land in the distance growing larger. The weather had gotten warmer and she couldn't wait to get into the city.

"Not to much longer, huh Dal. I'm ready to get on land again. I feel like I've been on here forever!" She wanted a real bath, that didn't come from salt water. Leaning back, she stretched her arms above her head, arching her back.

Anonymous

Dal stood beside her friend and shook her head. "Thou art correct. Tis still going to be a while till we art in Suna though...at least tis not too far from the port." She wondered if they'd have to go through customs or anything silly like that. Some times her ship got searched, and sometimes it didn't. She didn't think they would this time...she was travelling with a spirit, an eccentric...Wraith, and an entropymancer so...it was a good bet that they'd just seem like residents coming back to the home island.

"Hey uh...I was looking at some of the books on board...ahm, a lot of...a lot of the things studied in there were uh...were vivisected or dissected so uhm...with me being a new undead creature to your people can we not...uhm...tell anyone? I don't wanna end up on a slab." Pal told his friends as he came up beside them, his hood was down and he was fully human. Indeed, the idea was horrible, and if there was someone there who could control him because he was undead, he'd have no choice in the matter. He'd rather they'd not kill him, he liked life! Life was good, and death was bad.

Anonymous

Senka glanced over at Pal, pursing her lips slightly, "Well, I guess that is alright. I wont lie though. I'm sorry, but if the Church asks, I can't lie." They likelihood of them asking was slim, but it was still there. And Senka wouldn't do anything to draw attention to the fact Pal was anything but a normal human.

Anonymous

"You can't lie to the church? Lame. I used to lie to them all the time. Heck, used to lie to Demi-Gods too. But if that's how it has to be, then that's how it has to be. Ahem! You know in this form, I'm teeeeeechnically a living breathing human so you could just say that I'm human and it's not a lie." Pal told the necromancer after a slight ramble on his part. It wasn't his fault that he liked to talk, and tell of stories from when he was young! "I doth not believe we shalt find ourselves in much trouble with thee Pal...so long as thou doth not draw undue attention." Dal told her cohort, who just grinned. "Attention loves me though, so we might have a problem. I'll try to keep it on the quiet side though."

"We art getting closer...I shalt prepare for docking." It would be a quick trip from the docks to Suna itself, at least that was what she hoped anyway. Smiling to herself, Dal began to raise the sails a little bit, cutting their speed before she headed up to the wheel to accurately guide it toward the docks. The wooden structures were slowly becoming more and more visible, and Pal couldn't help but feel excited.

Anonymous

"Like Dal said, just...don't attract to much attention and you'll be fine." Senka reached over, patting the wraiths hand. She was looking forward to being home again. So many friends and family to catch up with. And just getting to eat the food and be around people like herself again would be so nice.

"What are your plans when we land?"

Anonymous

"That...I'm sure that I could uhm...handle that." He said with a slightly indecisive nod. Okay so he wasn't really sure he'd be able to do that but...he had to didn't he? If he wasn't careful he'd end up being studied like...well not like an animals. Those usually lucky to be allowed to stay in their natural habitat and get studied that way. He could only be so lucky.

"I know not at this time. The Goddess hath not told me anything, so I suppose I shalt visit libraries and churches p'raps. Maybe tell some explorers about the island we encountered." Dal would be lost on what to do, she could only hope that the Goddess told her of some people that wanted help.

Anonymous

"I'm sure you'll get pulled off on some other mission soon Dal." Senka laughed, reaching over to pat the woman's hand. She really liked Dal, enjoyed her easy company. Pal was fun, but he was a little much. And so self-centered. She found herself feeling talked at, instead of talked with. But, she supposed that was probably a side effect of being imprisoned for so long.

"As soon as we land, I am eating!" She wanted the spicy, flavorful food so badly! Ships rations and the flavorless sludge on the main land left much to be desired. If it didn't make you cry when you ate it, there wasn't a point!

Anonymous

"Thou art kind, and I doth believe I shall as well." She put her hand over her friend's hand, smiling and nodding at her. She was right of course, she'd get a vision eventually. Of course right now it was a good time to take on new stock and what not. Her stores hadn't been meant for four people, and she was starting to run low. Not that she minded, it had been really nice to have such company. "What of thee Senka? I doth suspect that thou shalt take a different path than mine." She suspected that the two of them wouldn't be companions forever, she didn't assume that it would end so...quickly. Of course, it'd been maybe a month, which wasn't bad. Pal stayed rather quiet, the conversation seemed like it'd be just a little personal and if he got involved now he'd be in some deep trouble.

Anonymous

"Ah, well, I haven't been home in...years." That was the problem with exploring, made it hard to visit the people she had left behind. And much of her family and friends had been upset with her that she was leaving the islands. But she was back and she wanted to find everyone again, find out what had happened.

"I think I'm going to go home for a bit, see my family. I am sure they want to know I'm okay." Dal's hand on her own was nice. She wished she could be a little closer, return the touch a little easier, but she didn't think the medium would feel comfortable with that, "Though, if you get another vision and want help or company....don't hesitate to ask."

Anonymous

"Thou shouldst definitely take some time to explore the city once more." Dal told the woman with a smile. If her friend hadn't been home in a while, then it would be good to let the girl go wandering around. She'd miss her friend of course, but...she could always look her up again later right? Finding her wouldn't be too much of a problem, if she stayed in Suna then she could find her easily. After all, how many light skinned necromancers would you find in Suna!

"I wouldst very much like to like thee up if thou wouldst not mind. Zoran and thee hath been very pleasant company." She nodded her head slightly to her friend before turning her attention to the wraith. "And thee Pal? What of thee? Wouldst thou like to accompany us once more?" She asked. The poor creature didn't have anyone it seemed, so she hoped to be just nice to the creature. Pal shook his head and chuckled. "No no, not me. I remember the mainland of this place, and that's where I'm gonna go. I remember this really nice girl but...I think she's gone forever. So! Gonna find one of them big cities again and have some fun there I think!" Pal said with a large goofy grin. He missed the people there...they were nice too, and there had been that pretty girl.

"I wish thee luck then. If thou wert to find thyself here in the Isles again, doth look us up again." Dal said to the silly wraith man. He was nice, but strange, and perhaps a little...lonely. She could see what he wanted of course, it was obvious...he always insisted on helping them with their baths, and that was...well slightly unnerving. He was however, harmless as far as she could tell.

Anonymous

Senka reached over, covering one of Pal's hands with her own, "I'm sure you'll find all kinds of adventures. I expect we'll even hears tails of them on the islands." She didn't dislike the wraith in anyway and her heart went out to him. He was just a lot to handle.

The odd looking necromancer nodded to Dal's question, smiling at her friend, "I-we, would love it if you looked us up Dal. This has been a lot of fun!" And honestly, she would probably look for the medium herself soon. She liked her company, it was easy and fun and it was very nice to have someone that could see Zoran.

Anonymous

"Psh, I'm gonna try and stay off the ra..." Pal rubbed his chin for a moment as he thought of the right word. Radar wouldn't mean anything to these people. "Stay off the focus of your people. I'd rather they not find out that what Dal wrote about it real. I mean what if one gets really curious and wants to come find me? No no...I'm gonna make sure my exploits stay continental." Gods he hoped that the word continental meant something to these people. It was so hard to know what was right and what wasn't right.

"Then I shalt ensure to look thee up again mine friend! I art sure we shalt find a new adventure to occupy our time." Dal wouldn't mind that sort of thing really. Her quests sometimes weren't that exotic, but they were at least something to do right? Maybe she'd get to find another exciting creature like Pal...or perhaps she'd have to save a village or something again. That one wasn't that bad either, it had been rather exciting, though Pal's rescue had been pretty fun. She just hoped the wraith didn't get into trouble that made her need to rescue him.

It wasn't more than half an hour later when they were pulling into the docks. Luckily there were some spots open for the small vessel. Some of the dock workers tied up the ship and the gang plank. Pal was the first person off the ship, though to be fair he was helping to tie it up at least. Once it was moored, Dal slowly walked off the ship onto the dock, ensuring that her blindfold was tied up tight and proper. "Now...we go off to the city depths, aye?" Dal asked as she turned to look at Senka.

Anonymous

"Yes." Senka had her belongings packed back up again, secured over her shoulders. It was going to be sad leaving Dal and she would even miss Pal a bit. He was friendly enough and the company could have been worse.

Reaching down, Senka hugged the curvy medium tightly, "I'll miss you and I hope the Goddess will lead us together again. Thank you for the ride. It was so fun." Releasing her, she smiled at Pal, opening her arms for him too, "You take care Pal. Don't get into too much trouble."

Zoran smiled at Dal while his sister said her goodbyes to the wraith, "Thank you. I had a lot of fun with you. I hope we can meet again soon." He gave her a small bow, as he couldn't actually touch the woman. Not with out a lot of effort.

Anonymous

"I shalt pray and ensure that she doth lead us once more to each other, mine friend." The Medium said as the two of them hugged. How hard would it be for the Goddess to just do a little nudging after all so they saw each other again? Not very, considering she was a Goddess and all. Pal jumped at the opportunity to embrace Senka, grinning as he did. "Oh, I'm gonna stay out of it as best I can. Maybe I'll get an ear pierced and a tattoo to fit in!" That'd be something alright, he had no idea what would happen if he got them then turned back into a Wraith. It'd be an experiment. He'd just need the gold to get them...now...he'd have to do a little pick pocketing, perhaps a wooing and seducing...as the hug ended with Senka he was already thinking heavily on what to do.

"I doth hope that as well Zoran. Maybe thy will hath found a willing host by then too." Pal would have been an excellent subject for possession cases. The two of them seemed to be able to interchange spirits almost without any force of will. Dal wished they could have done some experiments, but the Wraith got really...scared when you mentioned such a thing. "Goodbye mine friends...we shalt meet again, I am sure of it." With their slightly teary goodbyes said, Pal and Dal headed off together, though Pal would almost certainly break off from the medium soon to get himself into trouble, while Dal would find a library or two to spread the knowledge of the new species of undead she had encountered.