Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I call to thee, o spirits! (Rina! HAH!)

Started by Anonymous, August 10, 2009, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Dal could only admit that she was still a woman at heart, and that she still did take some pride in her appearance really. It was hard not to, she was proud of her body, just as Senka was. Though, Senka perhaps was a little more vain and prideful than she was...there was still some humility left with Dal. It was only natural after all. If she got too cocky and uppity, the Goddess always had her way of giving a difficult task to attend to. Not the most pleasant thing in the world, but still...an honour.

"Aye, thou doth hath very beautiful hair. I art envious of such colour." Dal's hand went to her own blonde hair, that had tried to turn white but had settled on blonde for the time being. It was a sad state of affairs, but she still thought it was better than some of the strange hair colours she had seen in the world.

"Nay...I hath been kept here near our shores to safeguard the people as best as I can." That was her excuse anyway, her belief. She just never had the gall to go so far, in case the Goddess wanted her to stay and help those of the islands. She had occasionally been to the mainlands, but never further than any coastal town, and never for more than a few hours. She didn't really count it as much of a trip after all.

"I doth believe that the Goddess shalt let me one day see the farthest shores as I please, once the people of Thanati art safe."

Anonymous

"Your hair is lovely too, like the sun kissed it." Senka reached over and lifted a hunk of the woman's hair up, running her fingers through it, "And it is not that much darker then mine. It goes well with your skin."

So pretty. Senka gave a small, internal sigh. A shame she was so....Thanati. She wasn't a seducer of the unwilling and she didn't want to freak the other woman out if she found out that Senka liked girls. And maybe Zoran would get lucky with Dal. Her brother could use some love, though, Senka had her doubts that he would be successful. Dal seemed utterly disinterested in sex.

"Well, it is very, very different out there, I can tell you that. People live lives that are exactly the same and totally different. And almost none have heard of the Goddess. It's strange." She gave a laugh, "But there are some amazing places."

Anonymous

"Thou art too kind. Tis merely what I hath been given." Dal thought it particularly nice to have someone's hand run through her hair. She could remember, when she was little, the most...well, exciting time was when her mother would cut her hair. For whatever reason, the feeling of someone's hands through her hair always calmed her down, she wouldn't dare go deeper into exploring the thought or emotions, but it always felt so nice.

The things we thought about.

"I consider thee lucky. I hath always imagined what the world beyond the coast mayest look like. I doth hope with all mine heart one day I shalt see it. I wouldst imagine they hath not heard of our religion, tis one kept close to our land as I wouldst understand." She couldn't say for sure, but she did know that the other countries and nations had their own religions and beliefs to them, and that her Goddess didn't rule over them all.

It didn't matter much to her however, she had her beliefs, and they worked for her, and that was really all that mattered.

"Tell me a tale of the mainland...if thou wouldst not mind. I long to hear of exotic lands, I always hath I suppose." Dal asked seriously as she turned to face the other woman. She had very little time to hear stories about it, and now she had a prime opportunity that she would surely not waste.

Anonymous

The fact Dal didn't seem to mind Senka's hands in her hair just encouraged her. She didn't really care if it was sexual or not, it was nice just having contact with someone like this. She spent so much time with just her brother, it was nice to touch a living person. And Dal's hair was heavy and warm and felt very alive.

She leaned closer to Dal, still touching her thick hair, absently running her fingers through it, "It is very different in places. The forests are the strangest. Such huge trees like you couldn't believe. And tons of them. You can be surrounded by them until it's all you can see. And the cities."

Senka gave a small laugh, "The cities are huge. Even their small ones. The capital doesn't even compare to the size of those cities. And the people. Someday Dal, I will take you."

It felt nice being out in the warm sunlight like this, feeling it against her skin, playing with a beautiful woman's hair, "Or did you want a specific story? I'm not sure how interesting mine would be. Most of the exciting ones involved crawling through crypts and killing undead. And, well, that's not all that exotic."

Senka wrinkled her nose, "They seem to have problems on the big island with undead. No one controls them properly, so they will run rampant. It is sad. They don't know how to use them. And they hate necromancers. Oh, well, I was almost burned when this small village when they found I was a necromancer."

Anonymous

It did bode well perhaps for Senka that Dal didn't seem to mind. And why would she? Dal did notice that her hair was being fondled, but there was no real...argument from her. Dal liked it really, and she couldn't just say no after all. That would be rude. And it would deprive her of some good feelings. Ones that she was perhaps afraid of exploring, and didn't want to really think about consciously but...good feelings none the less.

Dal looked rather awestruck as she listened to Senka talk about the forests and the cities of the mainland. She was really interested in them, she really would have liked to see all of the mainland, or as much of it as possible. Without her blindfold on. She didn't want to see it through a haze, she wanted to be able to see the world. She would just have to hope that she was released from her service by the time that she could make it to the mainland. Even if she was old and grey, it wouldn't matter.

"They wouldst burn thee alive for thine practices? Hath they no concept of right? We doth not use evil, our craft is...is noble! T'would be like us killing those who hath power of the elements, or nature." There was righteous indignation within Dal's voice as she thought about the idea of killing people for the magical practises. It was absolutely horrific! They were not people but monsters! It was a very frightening thought, that such practices were abound and plentiful on the mainland. Hopefully they would not think of her ability to perceive the future and to communicate with the dead a barbaric practice.

Truly, she didn't want to find herself being burned for what she did, for what the Goddess had commanded her to do. It was a horrible thought. However, the calming presence of hands through her hair did turn her rage down once more. It was good to have fingers playing through your hair.

Anonymous

"They are very set in their ways. They think what we do is evil." Senka shook her head, fingers brushing absently through the thick, pale hair of the medium, "They are so obsessed with the flesh, they lose sight of soul."

She sucked lightly on the pricing in her lip, "They don't mark their skin willingly much. Because they think it makes it ugly. Mostly, they act like our manipulation of the dead horrifies them. They treat death like it is...is...unclean." Senka huffed slightly, offended.

"Like bending nature to your will and calling fire where there was none is somehow so much better." She was glad she had Dal's hair to attention. It was calming. It was upsetting, to have her craft insulted the way it had been on the mainland.

Anonymous

"They art in error. They art but beasts then, shouldst I find them crawling in the dirt, I wouldst not be surprised." She gave an indignant sort of huff just at the thought of it. They were truly uncivilized! To burn people alive for their magical practices, of practices that did help the world so much. They could contact the dead, the ancestors, they could speak to those who had passed, and they could use the bodies of the fallen for an advantage! No one would truly wish to have their body lay inert and useless would they?

"Unclean? Thou art quite correct, their craft cannot be so much holier and pure!" They took the very natural elements of the world, and bent them to their will. From nothing, they created many things, fire, lightning, water, they moved the earth and the winds, and did it as if they were so much better. Dal had to agree that they could be no better if they thought their magic was any better.

"They art but ignorant fools then, if they truly believe we art unnatural. I hath heard of their strange practices before, and gave them little heed, but for them to prosecute our own like this? Tis naught something that shalt bode well for them." Her voice was less angry now, more because of the gentle feel of Senka's hand through her hair. She was truly angry at these mainlanders, and couldn't understand how they would stray so far, and how they could possibly act so...ignorant.

It was...mind boggling to her.

Anonymous

"Exactly! That part was awful. You can't tell anyone where you are from or the magic you do. And Zoran had to be extra careful. They treat ghosts like...like...vermin! Their own departed dead treated like some rodent to be destroyed!" It made her livid to think of it. Mostly, she had enjoyed her time on the continent, and if she was careful, things went okay.

It was calming to be stroking Dal's hair, pressing close enough against her to feel the heat coming from her. She really was stunning.

"But we should talk of nicer things. It doesn't help anyone to dwell on what simple minded barbarians the continent dwellers are."

Anonymous

"They art truly...jerks." Dal said with a certain finality. She couldn't think of any sort of word other than that. It was out of place for the medium to use such words but...she was almost shaking with rage. Though, she might have been a little cold from the sea air, but really...there were a ton of emotions just running through her. She was however, slowly noticing that her hair was being constantly stroked Senka however. Now things just felt a little...strange. She reached up and ran her own hand through her hair, untangling Senka's as well as she smiled at the woman, though, her face was blushing quite a bit.

"Thy spake the truth, we shalt talk of better things perhaps...lest we shall continue to infuriate ourselves." Dal agreed with Senka, her blush slowly fading. She wasn't sure what she had felt but...it was...very odd to say the least. Dal wasn't used to strange feelings, but all she focused on was that it had felt...nice, that it reminded her of better times when she was young. That was the safest thing to think about.

"So, thy hast been a traveller all thine life?" This was probably safe, talking about Senka's past, finding out about her and her brother. "How dost thou decide where to roam?"

Anonymous

Senka was a little sad when Dal pulled away, but she figured it was only a matter or time. Too bad, she had enjoyed the feeling. So often it was just her and Zoran and while they could touch, he didn't feel like a warm, living person.

Pulling her braid over her shoulder, Senka contented herself with playing with the end of it. She hated it when her hands were still. She liked to fidget with something.

"Oh, no. I grew up on the islands. I never really went anywhere until a few years ago. Zoran and I just...wanted to see the world. See what was beyond the water." Senka smiled. She had been so full of wonder then, eager for adventure, "I didn't want to live a simple, boring life."

Tapping the end of the braid against her lips for a moment, Senka shrugged, "We just...wander mostly. See where life and our feet take us. If some place sounds interesting, we go there. What about you? Have you always been...called like this?"

Anonymous

As far as things went though, Senka had been able to play with Dal's hair for quite a long time before she noticed, or even cared. Dal of course, didn't read too much into it, her thoughts were never on such topics. She was a bit of a prude yes, but that was just because she had never had the time. It was an awful fate, celibacy because of innocent ignorance. Her life had always been about serving the Goddess, when really, one of the best things you could do was to produce a child for a soul.

Funny how that worked.

Dal was all smiled as she listened to Senka talk, almost in awe of the woman. Being able to go wherever you wanted, having adventures and meeting new people, new spirits, seeing new places. The cities sounded extraordinarily incredible, and it only helped to strengthen her desire to see one.

"Aye, the Goddess hath always called unto mine person. Ever since I wert a small child...but then, she didst ensure my duties were not severe. At times, I was called from school by her visions, but never on dates where a test happened, much to my dismay." Dal said cheekily, an impish sort of smile on her face. "Other kids daydreamed of different worlds and of fantasies akin to their hearts...but the teachers didst know that when mine eyes unfocused and glazed, t'would mean that I wouldst soon be leaving."

Anonymous

"That must have been....difficult." Senka didn't envy Dal her duty at all. She liked her freedom. If the Goddess called her, she liked to think she would answer, but she was glad she hadn't. Her life was already not fully her own. She split it with her brother. Having to also stop what she was doing to follow visions? She couldn't imagine.

"You'll see the mainland one day. I'm sure the Goddess wont keep you forever." Senka reached over and lightly squeezed the other woman's shoulder, smiling at her, "And you have gotten to see far more impressive things then I have, I'm sure. Tell me about what you do. There must be some interesting stories from you time serving the Goddess?"

Anonymous

Dal was honoured that the Goddess has picked her for this most auspicious task. She would have liked her freedom, but her ability to help people, to see the future and prevent disasters that could change the course of history, even if it was just for a small island. It made her feel good at least, doing something for the Goddess, being commanded by a greater power to help people. Dal had been raised as a selfless sort of woman, so her thoughts never just centred around her own person, they were always about others. It was her nature, one that had been molded perhaps by the fact that she had those visions.

"I doth hope so." Dal put her hand on top of Senka's hand as she squeezed her shoulder, smiling at the other woman. She could not have asked for a better companion, a more supportive travelling companion. "Mine stories? I hath not a lot of stories that thy wouldst find interesting. A lot of mine adventures are merely listening to spirits, or to release them unto the next world when they art trapped." Dal however would have an interesting story to tell after they found that island. This strange creature, this thing trapped...a new species, a new creature, never before seen before in any of the books she had...it would be a story she could tell.

Anonymous

"Awww. Really? I'm disappointed. No sordid tales of romance, betrayal and murder? Or heroic rescues just in the nick of time?" Senka gave a small laugh, "That's too bad. Well, I guess I can't talk much. I don't really have many."

Sure, she had been on a few a few adventures, but nothing really exciting. At least, not in her opinion anyway. Stepping away from the rail, the mage stretched, back cracking as she did so, "Well, I think I shall go join my brother and read a little. I'm looking forward to our little adventure."

Anonymous

"Nay, unless thou counts the shores of where we hath met." Though, as she thought about it, there were perhaps some interesting accounts. However, those could be saved for later, perhaps for dinner. The only real one she could think of when she stopped a man from marrying the wrong twin. That had been an interesting vision, and an interesting ordeal. Yes, it might make for a nice dinner conversation.

"I shalt inform thee if I need thou for any reason, or if food hath been prepared." Dal told the woman with a smile before she set to checking the riggings of the sails, as well as their plotted course. She'd have to modify it a little bit, while she locked the steering wheel into place, it still honestly required someone at the helm the entire time. However, she made do nicely on her own. As long as she kept an idea of where to go, things would be alright.

It was a couple of weeks later when the ship was finally coming into view of an island. It really wasn't all that large, maybe a few hundred feet, with a slight rise in the middle. It was apparent this was probably made by some volcano over many...many generations. However, it didn't seem active, everything had a slight grass growing over it, which meant that it had been around for quite some time. The clipper had to come to a stop, the anchor dropped to ensure they wouldn't get too close. She didn't want her ship to get wrecked after all. The weather was calm, overcast perhaps, but calm at least. There weren't any large ways, but the island just...seemed a bit scary in the dimmed light. Dal was dressed in her traditional robe and blindfold, as well as a pack on her back to hold the jar of lotion that would keep the giant insects away from them.

She was waiting for Zoran and Senka on deck, near the pulley system that would lower the small row boat to the water after they got into the boat. There was a nervous aura around Dal as she fidgeted slightly, watching the island. What would they find? What manner of creature would be inside the cave system? A new...scary adventure.

Anonymous

The twins had enjoyed the ship ride, mostly spending it with their noses buried in books. They so rarely got time to indulge in reading and books weren't easy to come by. Though Zoran liked to tease Senka because she still had to read aloud.

As she knew they were going on an adventure, Senka had her hair pulled back in a tight french braid that hung down to her hips. Her normal, elaborate clothes were replaced by a more simple, functional outfit. And comfortable shoes. One thing Senka had learned in her time taking out crypts full of masterless zombies was always wear comfortable shoes.

Heading to the deck, Senka made her way to Dal, eyes on the island, "Well. Here we go. I wont lie, I am a little nervous." Tilting her head, she sucked on one of her lip piercings, "When do we apply that salve stuff?"

Anonymous

While Dal wasn't sure if they'd encounter any Undead, the giant bugs might be some sort of trouble. Of course, Dal was pretty sure that the lotion was going to help them. She hadn't seen any undead in her vision, but it wasn't as if she had seen anything, and they hadn't been down there, so it had been less of the future and more of a cry for help. There could be anything lurking...and she just hoped that the three of them would be able to handle...pretty much anything.

"My stomach is flighty with thine." Dal admitted as she checked out the island that they would be going to soon. It was a scary thought, that they would be going down there...without any of them having any real fighting skill. It was exciting too, but she was more nervous than excited about the possibilities.

"We shalt row the boat ashore first, once inside the cave entrance, then we shalt apply the salve." Dal explained as she climbed into the small boat and helped Senka in as well before lowering the small boat into the water. It wasn't long before the three of them were all safely on shore, and it was much nicer having Senka there to help drag the row boat up onto shore so it wouldn't float away. "Well...this shalt be an adventure...aye?" Dal looked to her companions with a slightly nervous smile. Things would...things would be fine.

Anonymous

The closer they got, the more Senka felt her stomach fluttering. But she could also feel the excitement raising. Standing on the beach, she smiled at the other woman, not wanting to make it even worse for poor Dal, "It will be fun." Reaching over, she patted the medium's shoulder, "Don't worry, you are safe with me."

Zoran beamed at her as well, "I'll protect you Dal. Don't worry." Dal was really very pretty and Zoran had spent quite a bit of the trip flirting with her, "Which way are we headed? I can go first, let you know if I see anything."

Anonymous

Dal was very glad to have the company on this particular mission. Not to mention, she was just glad that Senka didn't make the situation anymore nervous. Dal wasn't a fighter, if one of the bugs was strong enough to ignore the lotion's smell, then they might end up like some of the skeletons she had seen in her vision. What if there was more to it? What if the being was malevolent? What if she hadn't seen traps, or there were zombies and animated skeletons she couldn't handle?

However, the two siblings were there, and they seemed confident in their ability to protect her.

"Thy art very generous and I appreciate thee both for thine offers. Hopefully, thou shalt not need to." She tried to reassure them. Hopefully, things would not get too risky. She wanted to save...no...The GODDESS herself wanted Dal to save this poor creature locked away, so she would have to. "First, thine sister and I must apply the salve. If...thy wouldst scout ahead to see what lay there, thou wouldst have my gratitude." Over the past little while with Zoran always complimenting her and flirting with her, which at first hadn't been noticeable, but by the end it was quite clear...she felt...subconscious in a way.

Just nervous.

Now stripping in front of him would just be...weird. When he was gone, she carefully peeled her robe off. Her skin was starting to show goosebumps upon them, the cooler air of the cave was nice, but without her robe it was a little more noticeable. She removed the large earthenware jug of the thick pink lotion and placed it on a rock for Senka and herself, and began to apply it on front as best she could. She wasn't modest in front of Senka, she found very little need to be. She of course didn't realize her intentions. "Canst thou perhaps do mine back Senka? Tis good if we ensure a rich coverage." Better safe than sorry. Plus, it was a lotion, and it did help the skin after all! Dal made sure to apply it to most of her front, and now she was even untying her breast band, which had been done up at the front with a small knot. Even it was soon removed, and she turned around, though...Senka did perhaps get a good look at her lotion covered body.

"After I shalt do thine, and then we mayest redress and proceed to find thine brother."

Anonymous

Damn./ Zoran pouted a little, snapping his fingers, though they made no real sound. So much for getting to help rub lotion on Dal's back. But if she wanted him gone, he would obey. He gave the medium a quite grin before heading off into the trees.

Senka smirked at her twin as he left, starting to strip down. The cold air made her shiver and it was hard parting with her warm top. She did her best to not stare at Dal while she smeared the lotion over her own pale skin. Sure, she was attracted to Dal, but she also didn't really want to betray that trust Dal had in her.

The medium's words got her attention and she glanced over, blushing at the sight that greeted her, "Oh...sure. No problem." Doing her best to take even breaths, Senka started to cover Dal's back in the lotion, making sure to work it into the other woman's caramel colored skin.

Oh Goddess but she was going to end up reincarnated as a bug for this, she was sure. Once she had gotten all of Dal's back, she turned to give Dal her back, "Alright, you are good. Go a head and get mine." Reaching up, Senka moved her heavy braid out of the way, tugging it over her shoulder to hang down her front.