Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Frost Forest [Goblin]

Started by Juno, February 23, 2014, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Sophie frowned at the idea of neighbors snatching up your land the moment it was vacant. She'd never had that problem among her family but she sincerely hoped her brother hadn't gotten any ideas with her gone on yet another long journey.

Fintan's guess had her snapping back to the present, though, and a short bark of disbelieving laughter had her features crinkling with a smile. "I'm much older than a cub," she reminded him gently, sighing contently as she reached out to play with the beads in his hair. "I already have my own territory. It's been my home for years. When I'm away my brother looks after it for me. I always bring a small gift home for him and go on a few hunts with him and...that's really all the repayment he can handle before he tells me to look after myself more than him. I think he prefers doing things on his own."

In reality it was more that Christopher knew his sister needed his help more than he needed hers and he allowed her to tag along so she felt she was contributing.

GoblinFae

The tiger snuffed. "Sounds more like it's his territory than yours. He tolerates you around him in the same way I tolerate my own female kin. He chases you off in time when he's had enough of you. You are still so much a cub." Fintan leaned in further to her touch, enjoying her playing with his hair even as he listened to the sounds of his world around him.

"You'll see in time I'm right. You just have to grow up more first is all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Sophie tensed slightly, a deep frown creasing her features even as she continued playing with Fintan's hair. The tiger really was so stubborn about his opinions even when they didn't even apply to her.

"I'm fully grown. It's my brother that's still young," she pointed out gently, though it was hard to keep the edge of irritation from her voice. "He never chases me off. He couldn't even if he tried. The rest of our family would never tolerate it, but... Well we are just very different when it comes to siblings. You would see how other families live if you ever left this place. Different is not bad, there are many ways to live happily."

GoblinFae

"If you feel so," Fintan growled, not believing her for a second. In his mind he was right and she was seriously and grievously mistaken. She really was just like a cub. Perhaps she was even a bit touched in the head and that  was why her brother and family tolerated her so. Instead of putting her out of her misery they allowed her to continue in her sickly state. It really was a sad state of affairs after all.

And now she was his problem. Fintan let out a pained sigh. Why were the females always his to deal with? First his sister and now this one. She was not even the same species as him! "You're such a problematic female," he bemoaned aloud.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Her eyes widened briefly before narrowing. She leaned away slightly to look him in the face, studying him for the sound he'd made. There were all types of people and perhaps he was persistent with his rude comments for the sake of masking his pain. At least that was what she hoped, she was doing her best to soothe him.

"I have no reason to lie... Why am I a problematic female?" Sophie asked calmly, the corners of her lips turning down slightly in a disappointed frown.

GoblinFae

Fintan huffed and sighed, realizing his mistake of making the comment aloud now that she was yipping at him again. Women really were trouble in his book. First there was his mother, then his sister, and now this scrap of a kit. What was a poor tiger-shifter to do?

"You don't listen. You insist you're right when you're wrong. You've barely been here long enough to create even half of the problems you have already started and to top it all I now am left defenseless and unable to defend either you or my territory. Perhaps my northern cousins are softer than me but here in the jungle it's survival of the strongest and right now I'm lower than you on that vine of dominance. So yes you are a problematic female."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sophie sighed as he explained himself, gritting her teeth to hear that most of the problems were his own personal ones, even if she had been the cause of them.

"Is it problematic to you that I want to help and fix things? That I'm taking care of you in your time of need? I'm trying my best to undo what I've done, you don't have to be so grumpy about me sharing my experiences in our free moments. Calling me problematic and a cub, of all things," she grumbled, though she unconsciously continued stroking her fingers through his hair to soothe her bubbling anger and nerves.

"And only a little while ago you said you trusted me to protect you. If I am your only hope at protection I don't see why you would antagonize me," Sophie pointed out with a grumpy huff, unwilling to let his words push her away. She would do what she'd promised, he deserved that much from her even if he was incapable of showing any gratitude for it.

GoblinFae

"Just because it is the truth of the matter doesn't mean I have to like it," he hissed back with bared teeth and a snarling mouth. His expression quickly faded though for even the effort to do that exhausted him and left him breathing heavily.

"You are just a cub though. You are young and small. You have much to learn especially so far from home. It is a wonder you've made it this far. You're lucky your littermates didn't run you out as it is."

Fintan sighed heavily, his chest aching with so much talking and breathing. His thoughts turned to his own sister and the care he had taken to ensure her safety over the years. He could only guess it was the same with this little lost kitten and her own siblings. She had said her brother kept her territory for her. Fintan had no doubts though that that's what the leopard was likely doing. He had done the same once himself after all.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sophie's lips twitched into a thoughtful frown as she gently shook her head at his continued insistence that she was a cub. He would certainly learn she was not if circumstances ever called for her to show her teeth as it were. At least that was her opinion. In reality her own defense largely came from showing her cat, not using it.

"I will learn what I can while I'm here," she insisted gently, carefully tucking his hair back behind his ears for a moment to study his face while ignoring his comments about her family. It wasn't his fault he didn't know their nature.

"You look so tired," she breathed, her frown growing a bit concerned for how labored he seemed, for the lines in his face and the way the light had dimmed slightly from his eyes. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so...defensive." The apology was paired with a gentle nuzzle against his cheek, her hands falling to rest at his cheeks for a moment to loosely frame his face before settling against his shoulders instead.

"Get some rest now," she ordered gently. "I've kept you up and talking too long."