Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Immortals

Started by Thia, May 28, 2015, 10:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thia

@lordsith

Thia pushed her way into Ziard's cabin, pushing away his presence in her mind. She dealt with him so many times that her mental strength was far stronger than most brutes like her. It was just annoying and irrittating, feeling him rifle through her thoughts. His mind pushed on hers until she gave in, letting him into her head. She considered just thinking what she was going to say but decided against it.

"Ziard, stand up. I have news for you." She tried to keep her mind clear, though she let an image of the ship she found flicker through her mind, the ship was perfect for the skeleton pirate. The ship she planned to name Death.

lordsith

The Sea Queen was miles above the average sea rat, she always thread carefully not to fall in any of his clever traps and her will was like an impregnable shield of steel that he couldn't hope to put a dent in; but that did not stop his supernatural presence from circling around her like a vicious tiger on the prowl scans a village's palisade searching for the slightest sign of weakness. 

Ever vigilant like only undead can be, the second she let her guard down he swiped away a thought. His prize was no more than the static image of a great galleon and a word, Death. How delightfully ominous! the gleeful comment inserted itself in her elfen mind, chaffing her for the oddity of letting her guard down.

Putting aside his telepathic banter for the time being, the lich did as requested, his ancient skeletal body rose from behind a great ebony desk, soundlessly with the strength of no ligaments or muscles but of invisible strings of magical energies that emulated life-like movements not unlike a macabre but masterful marionette.

"Yes m'lady?" Said he, his voice a windy voice distorted and ethereal like the echo of something that once was.

The pale blue light in his otherwise empty eye sockets seemed to glow with genuine curiosity of the matter she had come to discuss and about which he had so far only gathered these two cryptic clues.

Thia

Thia was not used to being nervous but this must've been what it felt like. She ran her tongue over her fangs as she moved from one foot to the other, flinching only slightly at the alien thought, more than used to his invasive communication. Contemplating what would come out of her mouth, she let her guard down as her mind wandered. "I trust him to do this, of course but is doing this in the first place the right decision..? All signs point to it being so but what if.." At this moment she realized she had let her guard slip and she halted her thoughts as she threw up her mental walls again.

She sighed, running her fingers through her tangled hair, left down to her knees whilst at sea. "We have spotted an enemy pirate ship. We have been watching it as they have been watching us. We could either go in and take their loot and slaughter their crew or..." She paused for dramatic effect, more to irritate her impatient old friend than anything else. "We could board their ship, kill the captain and whoever else opposes and allow you to take over the ship."

"With more ships, we could easily circle the coastlines and keep seafarers under our thumbs but with just one, our reign of terror can only be spread so far. Fit every ship with those new inventions of the Connolathians, cannons, and put people as ruthless as you and me in charge and everyone will learn to fear our names!"

lordsith

Wintervale's attention turned towards one of the many maps extended across his desk as he pretended not to take notice of her inner turmoil. A bony finger idly followed one of the inked paths around an unknown archipelago far north while he meditated her words.

A ship to call his own, a considerable expansion to her empire... but she did not want to risk much for it... losing too many of her crewsmen would be too hard of a hit to her influence across the seas... they outnumbered them so it seemed she feared a frontal assault... therefore why not send in the lich? Hes already dead.

Ziard was slightly upset by how disposable he was in her schemes but he showed none of it, his fleshless skull incapable of displaying emotion anyway.

"The Bloodsail pirates are no match for my power." He hissed.

"Leave this matter in my hands. Me and Black Arrow can handle this within a week.

It won't even be necessary to eliminate their boorish captain... More power to you should another prominent figure in the sea pledge himself to your cause. Willingly."

Thia

Thia pouted a bit, visually and mentally making her disappointment obvious. "But we haven't had a good slaughter in sooooo long! I want to help!" She whined in her head, crossing her arms. "Just because I have made you captain of a new ship does not mean you are in command of the entire situation. Until the ship is secured in our fleet I command this operation and I say we board they ship and murder them all!" She cackled and then stopped abruptly. "Er well I mean we'll kill all who oppose their new rule. With my Mark, I can surely turn the odds our way, even if we are outnumbered 2-1!"

lordsith

"HA HA HA HA HARRR! And this, this is exactly why I chose to follow you, Mistress. Yes...  senseless slaughter and inneficient bloodshed, chaos for chaos's sake!"

Women... right as you thought you had a decent psychological profile down, everything was overwritten as the little logic in their brains was roughed up and kicked into the backseat allowing emotion to take the wheel..

His magical powers were not as effective in a frontal battle where the rushing thoughts of many souls at once would make it impossible to control an individual and he had nothing but the increased strength and resilence of his undead form to work with.... but this was not his empire nor his life he would risk in such foolish battle since the Bloodsails lacked the means to eliminate his ascended form-- so in all honesty he hardly cared at all. He had only tagged along to have fun and make a killing.

"My blade is yours." Ziard assured, "Just give the order, Pirate Queen."

Thia

Thia glared at Ziard, gritting her teeth at that statement. She wasn't exactly mad, after all she did love senseless slaughter and inefficient violence but she wasn't all about that. To be a villain you had to love senseless violence but also be prepared and planning your senseless violence. "While the violence may be a bit unnecessary, it would also be wise. Fear and causing others to join my cause through fear is how I control my forces. If I just conduct a small assassination or takeover operation what would be scary about that?"

She snorted and turned around, hair swirling through the air, and then looked over her shoulder to give him a fangy smile. "I know I have your sword Captain Ziard. Now let's got kick some ass"