Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take my breath away

Started by Anonymous, May 15, 2005, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ti'Kuhn followed only long enough to give Neptune's leash back to Alexander.  "I'm sorry, sir. I know that you are doing me a kindness, but if there were no document as proof, your money would be worthless in the eyes of the law, and if my master were ever to find me again....  Forgive me, but I cannot come with you."  He bowed and backed away a few steps, his expression betraying that he clearly wished he could come along but knew that he rightfully couldn't.

Anonymous

He blinked curiously as she stepped away from him and he stood upright.  He smiled at her shy words, listening to them.  After she stopped, he grinned again and rubbed the top of her head with his hand gently.  "It's all right.  Don be shy.  I'm not gunna bite ya."  He humored lightly.  "Oh, I'm fine and Neptune is..." he stopped as Ti'Kuhn showed up with her.  "Speak of the devil." He commented before Ti'Kuhn spoke.  Alex blinked at Ti'Kuhn and accepted the leash from him.  Again, he listened.  "Pfft.  Don worry.  I don need proof.  I have rank.  And thas all that matters to me." He said very confidently.  "I should force you since I paid handsomely, but you can go if you like.  But take this..." he dug into his jacket again and handed Ti'Kuhn a watch.  It was a very unusual piece though.  It was thin and lightweight, but very advanced.  "Here.  Take this.  Put it on and no one can take it off but you.  With it, you won have to worry about a thing.  You'll have friends in high places watchin ya." He smiled.  

Neptune followed closely to Ti'Kuhn as they met up with Alex and Ren.  She stayed by Ti'Kuhn's side the whole time as they talked.  She watched as Alex brought out that watch, handing it to the boy.  She smiled happily and raised her hand for everyone to see.  There was an identical watch around her delicate wrist.  

Alex chuckled at her adorable cuteness and pet her head.  "Here, small fry, you can meet Ren." Alex then turned to her and handed her the leash.  Neptune frowned a little, being pulled from Ti'Kuhn , but still smiled for Ren as she was manually guided over to her by the shoulders.  "So, whaddya say?  Will ya come with?  Either way, this is yours." He continued with Ti'Kuhn.

Anonymous

Ti'Kuhn looked at the watch for several moments, thinking.  He then gave it back to Alex.  "He would accuse me of stealing it, sir.  It will be difficult enough when he sees the wealth you have left with him--but again, I thank you.  And I am sorry, my lord."  He turned to go, but not without that look of longing one last time.

Anonymous

Renaki's skin crawled, and her head itched and her eyes wouldn't focus and a cramp rose in her leg. She was miserable enough and that servant kid made her want to beat the absolute shit out of him. She was tired of his excuses, tired of him. She took the leash and smiled in a twitchy, tense sort of way. She then grabbed Alex's hand, slapped the leash in it and stormed towards the clothing shop, the air around her snapping and crackling around her, tiny little electrical sparks. She was flippin' mad, and it was quite apparent.

Finally, she burst into the clothing shop and stormed through it coolly. She grabbed a set of nightclothes, under garments, a dress, and another set of clothes. In minutes she paid and stormed back out, her temper hadn't cooled in that time neither. She was still raving, her eyes narrowed into slits as she approached the Inn. Ren paid for a room and set off to the bathrooms and shower and took it in 5 minutes, rebraied her hair and dressed in the other set of casual clothes which were pants and a shirt with a belt around it. She took her old, dirty clothing and cloak to get washed. She had even bought a sack, which was up in her room with her new accessories.

Then she stomped back out of the Inn, took a deep breath and was absolutely fine. That entire thing had taken, at most, 20 minutes.

Anonymous

Ti'Kuhn returned to the room where Devon lay and unlocked the door with a key he kept on his person for whenever they were in town.  Devon was still as they had left him, with the small satchel on his chest.  Ti'Kuhn went closer to check on him.

Anonymous

Alex sighed and stood up straight again as Ti'Kuhn walked off without accepting the gift.  And then he was handed the leash again forcefully and he turned to Ren curiously as she stormed off.  He looked around at only little Neptune beside him and sighed.  They had left.  He shrugged sadly.  My, my, this wasn’t his day.  And the alcohol in his system didn’t help matters.  He stared back down at Neptune and took his bottle.  He sighed again and swigged the last of it, not spilling one drop.  After finishing, he took a breath and smiled slightly with his crooked smile and tossed the bottle into the nearest trashcan without even looking.  Neptune smiled happily at him like she usually did and gave him a hug around his waist.  Alex grinned back at her and pet her head and she giggled softly; that always cheered him up.  He walked with her over to the wall and leaned against it for a few moments.  

After a wile, he saw Ren again.  She had purchases with her and she stormed back into the Inn.  His attention snapped to her and followed until she was out of sight and inside.  Alex chuckled and shook his head at Ren as she passed by, and then he closed his eyes and dozed off standing up with Neptune obediently by his side.  She waited with him, propping against the wall as well, but she stayed awake to watch him.  Another while passed as Alex napped and Neptune caught a glimpse of Ren as she stepped back outside.  "Ren!" she called cutely in her petite voice.  She waved her hand and stepped from the wall to try and greet her.

Anonymous

Ti'Kuhn burst out of the tavern, stumbling blindly into Alexander.  In the desperation that accompanies panic, he grabbed Alex's shirt in both his fists and said, hardly able to speak through his rapid, shallow breathing, "He's--he's--sir, he's---"  He looked ready to faint at any given moment, he was so unusually pale.

Anonymous

Renaki, at the sound of her voice in that cute little voice made her turn, a brow lifted in curiousity. She, truthfully, didn't expect to find Neptune waving at her, the obvious one who had spoken out for her. And Ren happily waved back, moving towards the catgirl until startled by the suddne intrusion of the servant. Her brows furrowed as she took in his stammering speech pattern, his pale complexion and knew that something terrible happened.

But what it was she had no clue. She also wasn't quite sure if she wanted to stick around any longer to find out what was causing his panic. Maybe, if she slipped off, no one would really notice.. But Neptune probably would. For as silent as she was, Ren bet that catgirl saw and heard everything.

She also realized that the servant had grabbed Alex, who had been sleeping, and her brows lifted, wondering the tall man's reaction as she moved closer, but yet slightly wary too. What was going on?

"What the hell is going on?" Renaki asked the servant, deciphering by guess that he was the drunk.

What about the drunk?

Anonymous

Neptune smiled at Ren as she noticed and came over.  She opened her mouth to speak again, but Ti'Kuhn burst out of the Inn and frantically collapsed into Alex.  Completely taken by surprise, she yipped and jumped away, her leash snapping from Alex's grip.  She gasped at what she had just done to herself and froze again.  

Startled from his slumber, Alex opened an eye and yawned, even as Ti'Kuhn frantically spoke to him.  He gave a small stretch and looked down at the boy, opening his second eye after rubbing it, not noticing Neptune at the moment.  He immediately covered Ti'Kuhn's mouth and shushed him to calm him down.  "Woah, woah, woah.  Now calm down." He removed his hand.  "Now breathe and speak slowly." He then yawned again.  He noticed the pale complexion, but still waited for an answer.  And then Ren butted in.  When did she get there??  His attention snapped to her as she appeared on the scene with her irritated question.  Alex sighed and shrugged.  "I assume that his master just died and now he's here, finding the closes person he recognizes and stuttering over himself in shock as he tries to explain." He explained to Ren calmly and accurately out of the blue.  "Aaaannnd...he looks as though he's about to pass out.  I mean; he's only what, about thirteen?  That can be pretty traumatizing."  He analyzed again randomly with such skill.  I guess being a soldier gives one an edge at times.

Anonymous

Trying albeit without much success to gather himself, Ti'Kuhn went on.  "My lord, I have been in his service since I was four years old, and before that I was brought up on the streets by wanderers I can't even remember.  He's the only type of father I've ever known--"  He stopped again, choked on his words, and reeled a bit as he struggled against unconsciousness.  "The innkeeper said it was his drinking that did him in, and I don't want to believe it, but I know it is true..."  After a moment, he said, "The authorities will be coming for me soon, sir, to sell me along with the rest of his effects.  But I will not forget you, or milady, for what you both have done for me.  I--"  And it was then that his tears finally caught up with the shock that had kept them back thus far.

Anonymous

Renaki only rolled her eyes - already apathetic and loosing interest. She didn't give a rat's ass, not really. But she suddenly noticed that Alex wasn't only the leash. And Neptune seemed... Before she knew it she had quickly reached downwards, clapsing the leash firmly and glancing at Neptune with a raised brow, which quickly furrowed.

Today was just.. today. It wasn't the best of days, not at all. And she suddenly wanted the quiet she usually dreaded. But that was only because she was surrounded by utter confusion. Alex irritated her for his extreme calm - the servant annoyed because of his.. pettiness? Youth? But she was only what, 3 years older than him? She, herself, was 16. The only one who didn't manage to annoy her was Neptune. That was probably only because she was quiet and very much of the way.

Ah, it started like hell and she should have known it would end like that.

Anonymous

Neptune felt a sudden chill.  She could sense someone holding her.  She took a deep breath and her eyes calmed before she followed her leash over to Ren.  She breathed a little heavily showing a happy smile.  Her heart was still beating fast from the shock.  She scooted a little closer to Ren and wrapped her arms around her waist, hugging her warmly with a cute mew.  She nuzzled her face into Ren's chest innocently,  not seemingly bothered by its difference from a male's chest.  She purred softly and her ears flickered lightly.  This was her way of showing gratitude.  

Alex's expression went to 'oh my' when he realized Neptune was alone and Ren took hold of her.  He smiled with a small chuckle at adorable little Neptune and then sighed irritably at the boy.  He closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose as her frowned.  The boy did seem to endlessly speak of that man and Alex didn’t really care.  And then the shock hit the boy...  "Excuse me for a moment." He told Ren, holding out his hand, balled with his index finger pointing upward.  He turned to Tikuhn and opened his eyes.  He then slowly reached his arm at the small boy and latched onto his shirt's collar.  Alex lifted the boy with extreme ease and pulled him up to face level and then closer to his own face.  He glared at the boy with frustration, staring silently.  "Stop."  He spoke deeply and very firmly.  "You are too old to cry.  I am sorry that I do not share your sympathy for that worthless man.  But what's done is done.  If you like, I will claim you as my own, but I will not accept this behavior." He continued with military strictness.  Maybe he was a little too hard on poor Tikuhn, but to him, it was unnecessary.  Moping didn’t solve anything.

Anonymous

"That is your right, if you so wish it," said a new voice, that of one of the local magistrate's deputies.  "We have recently received the message via homing pigeon that this boy's master is dead and that you had already made an attempt at purchasing him."  He held out a document bearing Devon's signature and the signature of one of the local slavers and the name of the young boy.  "The amount you left is more than sufficient for the boy's value.  If you will but sign this document, we will consider the boy yours and return a copy of the document to the city archives."

Anonymous

Renaki finally realized how.. unlike herself she was being. How she was grating with her surrounding area. She felt so detached and she made an effort to close the space that was between her and the world right now. When Neptune hugged her she shifted, mentally, and smiled. Slightly uncomfortable with Neptune's position, but decided to dismiss it. She immediately fell into a big-sister, motherly, friend type mode where she wrapped an arm loosely aroud the catgirl's shoulders to say, 'It's fine."

And Ren couldn't disagree with Alex's actions - amazed at his strength - she allowed her hazel eyes to gaze at them, finally snapping back when suddenly there were deputies and quite quickly Alex now had ownership over Ti'Kuhn. Thank god - maybe that will stop that kid's excessive grieving. Suddenly, she felt a swell from deep inside her, like a tide rising inside her and against her. Something was ready to break the tension inside her, make it crumble and dissinegrate.

She couldn't restrain herself as she burst into a fit of giggles, a soft, nearly melodic and infectious laughter. She nearly laughed for 3 minutes straight, but she eased herself to stop, raising her eyebrows with sparkling hazel eyes.

"Laughter is the best medicine," she concluded, not to anyone really.

Anonymous

Neptune immediately felt the same way; the way she felt about Alex.  There was that closeness like family that she loved.  Ren was warm and cozy and much more cushiony in the chest.  Her smile grew as Ren held her back and told her it was all right.  She nuzzled more, mmming cutely at Ren's soft bosom.  One would never guess she was nineteen just by the way she acted.  But it was her fully mature body that gave hints and comments.  

Alex peeked out from Tikuhn's side almost comically as he stared at the newcomer with a quirked brow and a straight face implying 'who might you be, you uncalled-for person who is interrupting my speech?'.  His right...what?  Alex listened to what the unexpected Deputy had to say, still no change in his expression.  His head crept downward as his eyes followed the man's arm to the piece of paper.  Before the Deputy could finish, Alex had whipped out a pen and autographed the document in an instant, placing the pen back where he got it afterward, in the Deputy's uniform's chest pocket.  His eyes quickly made contact with his and his head straightened.  He then smirked on one side releasing the tip of pen and lowering his arm as Ren broke into giggles.  "Don worry officer, I promise to feed and water him once a day." he said in a low deep voice playfully, still holding Tikuhn up.

Anonymous

Ti'Kuhn would have possibly managed to say something in response to Alex, but he fell silent at the arrival of the deputies, only coughing a little as Alex held him up by the collar.  And then he thought better of it anyway, uncertain as to how Alexander might react if he dared to speak after such stern words.  As the deputies quickly made a copy of the document, Ti'Kuhn entertained the thought of requesting that he be allowed to see to a proper burial for Devon, but again he dared not mention it for fear of Alexander's response.   He knew that the deputies would do at least what was socially mandated...but he knew it wouldn't be enough.  Still, it was not his place to make his request.  And yet he wondered as he silently waited for Alex to put him down, if they would even mark Devon's grave.

Anonymous

Renaki felt odd with Neptune positioned as she was. But she could take it - it wasn't like it was hurting her. Although it was still a little strange, this sudden invasion of personal space. Her bubble was officially broken, but she still let an arm rest on Neptune in a contented sort of way. She brushed her bangs away from her hazel eyes, gazing at the deputies and Alex's smooth movements. He was a very controlled individual, regardless of how he drank. She tilted up an eyebrow, an amused expression held fast upon her soft featured face.

She felt oddly safe, at home with that leash in her head an arm wrapped around Neptune's petite body. Despite the slightest of discomforts which she discarded swiftly, it was still a warm feeling that spread around her body, hugging her gently which conjured a soft smile to her face. But she was disappointed that the boy was going to be a servant still. Then again, he didn't seem as the kind who could make it on his own. And, again, this was none of her concern. He was a servant boy with more excuses she could think of.

Anonymous

"You're soft." Neptune mumbled in delight.  She clung to Ren cozily and peeked out to watch Alex and the other man.  So Tikuhn was theirs now?  She pondered curiously, smiling at the thought of another companion.  

Alex looked back at Tikuhn and his expression dropped.  It had gone back to straight and serious as he read the boy through his eyes.  What was the boy thinking?  He then saw it and rolled his eyes with an exasperated sigh.  His eyes mat back up with Tikuhn's.  "No." he said sternly.  "I'm sorry, but no.  I will not subject myself to this.  And no puppy faces either." He glared.  His chest then gurgled and he blinked at himself.  "Excuse me for a second..." he turned his face away and let out a tremendous belch that held out for a few seconds.  Near the end, he pounded his chest a bit and took a breath.  "There.  Now where was I?"  He turned back to Tikuhn, who he still held with practically no effort at all.  He paused momentarily, looking at him.  "Agreed?" he spoke firmly.  "You're too old to be afraid too.  If you have something to say to me and toy feel it is important enough, please, interrupt." He paused again.  "After all, I don want you to become a little mute around me from now on.  You gotta have guts."  He paused again and this time, waited for the boy's response.  He still had yet to call Tikuhn by his name.  Maybe he felt that if the boy felt like a nobody, he would be called the same...nothing.

Anonymous

Renaki, as careless as she was couldn't help but snicker at his belching. And squirm as Neptune mumbled how soft she was. Well, the girl was pushed against her chest and generally, most girls tended to be soft in that area. But, despite that, Ren found herself holding back a few snickers towards Alex loud and interrupting belch.

"That was quite charming, Alex," Ren said in a sarcastically amused way.

She wasn't afraid of him, and it was clear with the mischeviously sparking in her eyes that danced so gracefully. And again, they fell upon the servant boy. Ti'Kuhn would be under a much different rule. He was supposed to be a person by Alex - not space taken up by an empty husk of a human. That would be pathetical and horrible. Why waste away like that? How could you? The thought sent a shiver spinning inside her, making her daydream as she relaxed with her arm loosely around Neptune's shoulders. She wasn't usually to touchy-feely. But if someone touched her there was a 90% chance she'd touch them back. You wanna start it, fine. But Ren was much more passive and preferred to relax and watch. But, of course, there were those times when she abandoned such subtle behavior of meandering.

Anonymous

"I--I have no questions, Master," Ti'Kuhn replied, his face taking on that carefully schooled expression devoid of emotion that most slaves had to learn by unspoken rule.  For him, it was the only way he could keep his fierce inner turmoil in check.  He hoped that Alex would take it in that way and not in the way that implied that he was not going to heed Alex's warning, which is how it probably appeared.