Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Antlers and patrols [open]

Started by MasonWolfy, February 14, 2019, 01:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasonWolfy

Arca, the elegant capital of the kingdom of Serendipity and home of it's reigning monarchs. The nobles, merchants, and farming folk walk the streets, peddling their goods and produce, all under the watchful gaze of the city guard, soldiers of their majesty. One such guard, a knight, was visiting the local smithy, getting some armor refitted after a dangerous jousting accident left her armor bent and damaged, almost caving her chest in. The ElkTaur waited patiently in her Gambison shirt and barding as the armorer looked over the damage, whistling to himself as he looked, almost amazed, at the damage done to her equipment.

"Tell me again, Lady Kembrook... eh who was the sir you had the misfortune of facing?"

"It was Sir Namsnuk."

"Which one? the Nutcracker or the Steer?"

The ElkTaur chuckled, not knowing either of the nicknames or who they belonged to.

"The one that almost crushed his horse by sitting upon it."

"Ah, Normac... Well, the good news is: I can reuse most of it."

"Bad news, it's not worth fixing?"

"Aye, I'm gonna have to make you a new curiass and left pauldron... Which means I'm going to need some measurements."

He reached over his anvil and pulled a book from his desk. he was a gruff old man with the build of a local drunkard, however, under the fat was muscle that helped forge steel for the other knights of Arca. He began making measurements on Kembrook's torso, occasionally writing down the numbers. he finished up and looked over the measurements, satisfied with the results.

"Aye, that'll do... I got enough steel here to work on this. it's going to cost ya though, roughly... four hundred suns. probably less after I do some work on it, come back in a couple of days, I'll have a final price for you."

"I'll return later then, and Garret... thanks again."

The armorer chuckled and waved her away as he began is work, calling for his apprentices to get the forge ready as she left, back out into the streets. Now with that off of her schedule, she was free to do as she pleased, and she was feeling rather thirsty, so the Tavern it is.