Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home, Smelly Home. [M] [Glob!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 17, 2015, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"'Maybe' doesn't sound too confident," Mei said and pursed her lips, finger tapping her chin. "'Maybe' is just a possibility. A prediction. It doesn't take into account other factors like currency exchanges or unforeseen obstacles and delays. What we need is a cushion, so we can travel comfortably and account for any variables."

Snapping a look back up at Daersen, she pointed a finger at him. "You know Serendipity far better than I. What's the best way to earn coin quickly? Is it culturally acceptable or feasible to offer to do odd jobs in exchange for food and board? If so, that could potentially cut down on inn stays, especially if a town lacks an inn. Hmm. We may also travel across wide swathes of land that have no dwellings, so we may want to think about acquiring camping gear."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Daersen gave a non-commital shrug.

"There's always someone who needs something. The only thing I can't guarantee is whether people will pay in coin or food."

As he spoke, Mei would be able to see a brown moth fly from the foliage on the sides of the road, hover near Daersen as it flitted around, and then land on his shoulder. He didn't seem to notice or care.

"I wouldn't count on it in Arca, anyways. We're better off looking for work in the next town, places where there might not be enough people to get everything done. Arca's got too many people, nobody's going to hire a foreigner and a pauper."

Rhindeer

Mei reached out on reflex and shooed the moth away, speaking as she did so. "Then shall we take this to the road? Live dangerously and take our chances with random strangers in another town? I'm fine with that if you are! It's basically what I was already doing, just a little more so."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Daersen jerked a bit when Mei disturbed the moth, and only then noticed the creature when it fluttered off of his shoulder and into his view. It flitted about before coming to rest on his other shoulder, and Daersen gave Mei a smirk. He looked to the moth.

"Go on, buddy. Lady's not a fan of you."

And just like that, it took off and flew back into the forest. He looked back to her and his smirk widened.

"Hey, if that's your method of doing things, then I guess it's worked for you so far. Should be even easier with the two of us. Besides..."

He gave her a wink.

"I know a couple of tricks that can get us some coin."

Rhindeer

"Oooh, like what?" Mei said, perking up with interest, her usual stream of chattiness halted by curiosity.

DaGlobster

Unable to help himself, Daersen smirked a little and leaned in to whisper to her like she was his partner in crime. Still, a slight blush showed through his outward confidence. She was just a little more than a stranger, sure, but he found her stunningly attractive, and couldn't help but to let his thoughts wander with recent events so fresh in his mind.

"You'd be surprised how good rats are at finding lost shiny things," he said, and pulled back from her. He was still grinning.

Tags: