Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Home, Smelly Home. [M] [Glob!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 17, 2015, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Mei furrowed her brow, shooting Daersen an odd look.

"So...by 'under two sentences' you mean one sentence, right? Because anything less than two sentences would be one sentence. You can't really have less than two sentences without it being a single sentence unless it's incomplete, I suppose, or fractured in some way, unless you were just being facetious, because even a single sentence can be terribly long if you structure it correctly. And if you have the lung capacity to speak it."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Daersen stopped walking, and slowly turned his head back to Mei. He sighed, and just kept on walking, deciding it best to just not give her anymore fodder.

They were almost at the inn, anyways.

Rhindeer

Fortunately for Daersen, the inn came into view then, and Mei picked up her pace when she saw it. "There we go! Wow! It really wasn't that far! Maybe I didn't go as far into the sewer as I thought. You know time feels different in the dark? Come on, let's go!"

And she picked up her pace, falling into a jog.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Woah, before you run on in, take a stop at the stables," Daersen said, catching Mei by the shoulder.

"It's not the cleanest, but you can use the water to get those clumps of muck off of you. It should tide you over until you can get a bath or two ordered."

Rhindeer

"You mean...wash in the trough...?"

Mei made a face. "All that horse slobber, though! Ugh, but you're right. Better horse slobber than...this. Horse slobber is probably cleaner, anyway. I wonder if there's a way to test that, come to think of it? Ah, I'm digressing! Anyway! To the stables it is! I'll feel guilty for dirtying their water, if anything."

And so she altered her course, turning from the inn she'd been rushing toward, and heading for the stable doors.

DaGlobster

"Well, not wash. Just sort of...rub yourself down with wet hands. Get the clumps off and stuff."

Daersen had done it before. mostly because it was the only way to get somewhere near a semblance of clean. Apart from standing in the rain, which was one of Daersen's favorite pastimes.

They came into the stables, and Daersen was quick to wet his hands and begin rubbing down his face.

"Do it real quick, okay? Don't want to spend too much time out here."

Rhindeer

Mei joined Daersen at the trough, and followed his example. The water was murky, but it did the job as she rubbed muck from her hands and legs. Her face, fortunately, was clean; the scarf had saved her, and she took it off so she could dry herself with the clean parts.

Looking over at the man, she cocked her head. "Worried about criminals here? It should be fine! I haven't had any problems at this place, but if you go near the tavern a few streets over--yeah, I wouldn't do that! That's where I had my trouble."

She looked at her scarf, grimaced, and dropped it to the ground, slyly covering it with some hay. No way that thing was salvageable. No way anything she was wearing was salvageable!

"Alright, then! Let's go! Hopefully we stink a little less!"

DaGlobster

"Trough water's got a stiff smell to it. It'll mask us long enough to get a bath in the inn. Man oh man, It's been so long since I had a bath. Or a shave. Or good food, really," Daersen said, rubbing his hands together.

He cocked a grin at Mei.

"You might be a bit talkative, but you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time."

Rhindeer

Mei couldn't help but laugh at that, as she lead the way up the steps to the door.

"Even though I wrecked your place? I swear I wasn't trying to! I was initially planning on leaving it as undisturbed as it was when I found it, which is the proper way to study something, but then the rats happened and--hey. I just realized, I don't think I got your name?"

DaGlobster

Daersen laughed a bit, waving away her apology.

"Oh! My manners. Daersen. You can call me Daersen. And you don't gotta apologize for the bedpost. Really, it's what anyone would've done."

Rhindeer

"Daersen," Mei repeated, testing it out. Foreign names always felt unusual on her tongue, and it was obvious that Common was not Mei's first language, even if she was fluent. She had an obvious, if not quite thick, Thanati accent, especially noticeable in her Rs and Ls.

"An interesting name! I think I already told you I'm Mei? I was panicking so I'm not quite sure whether I did or not! Anyway, it's been a delight!"

And with that said, she opened the door and held it open for Daersen, motioning him inside before her.

DaGlobster

"You already gave me your name, Mei. I think it was during that initial scare of yours when you first saw me," Daersen said, and strolled on in.

The inn's tavern floor was nearing empty, fortunately for the two of them.

Daersen looked back to Mei, and grinned.

"So, take me up to your room, Mei."

Rhindeer

"Of course!" Mei said, and then paused. She needed to find the innkeeper to get their baths ready! Wasn't that one of the conditions for learning about the rats? Or maybe it had just been food and a razor? Hm. Well, it would be nice to have a smelly guest, so no matter, she could throw that in, too, either way!

Turning to Daersen, she fished a key from her pocket and handed it to him. "It's upstairs. Second door on the left," she said. "I'm going to fetch the innkeep. Let her know to send up some baths!"

DaGlobster

Daersen nodded, taking the key and heading up the stairs. He was quick to scurry up them and slink up into the room.

He opened it, and nearly cried. A bed! A proper, honest to Kia bed!

He set about poking around the room, simply admiring just how not shit everything was.

Rhindeer

It was several minutes before Mei entered the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Our baths will be up soon!" she happily announced, and tossed her haversack onto the floor. That would have to be washed, too, just like everything else she was wearing. Blech. "Oh yeah, I don't have much food here with me, but I do have a couple apples in my other bag. You're welcome to them! We can get proper food down below later. Now, if you'll excuse me, I really can't stand this a moment longer!"

And that was all the warning Daersen got before Mei began to strip down to her smallclothes, eager to be out of her soiled outfit.

DaGlobster

"Sweet!"

Daersen immediately tore into Mei's other bag, digging in to find a ripe, red apple. If only Prince was here, but unfortunately, Daersen had left the white rat behind to guard his home. He'd bring him back some, though.

"So, when..."

Daersen froze up slightly, just caught off-guard by Mei's sudden strip session. After a few seconds, he smiled lightly, taking a bite out of the apple.

Nice...

He was considering dropping his own clothing as well. It...er...only seemed proper, really! Daersen slipped out of his ragged, patchwork robe, and began undoing his threadbare tunic.

Rhindeer

Mei wasn't bothered by Daersen's stripping. She also wasn't bothered about being in naught but her undergarments around him, a perpetual stranger. Thanati weren't known for being prudes, and aside from that, Mei tended to view the world through a lens of knowledge! and learning! When her head wasn't in the clouds, she was observing and studying and categorizing.

In other words, naked people didn't bother her. She'd done a number of nude studies with live models--

--And some not-so-live models, also known as cadavers.

She knew her anatomy, inside and out.

Plopping down onto the ground when she was done, so as not to dirty the bed, she sat cross-legged and pulled down her large book and fetched some charcoal from her haversack.

"What were you saying, Daersen?" she asked absently, as she opened the book and began to move the charcoal over the page. "'So when'? So when, what?"

DaGlobster

Daersen himself wasn't too prude-ish either, although he still had a Serenian background. However, years of going basically threadbare or coming up against crazy naked sewer bums (Something that happend more often than one would think!), among other things had pretty much rendered him desensitized to nudity.

Of course, living in the sewers also deprived him of women, and he was fighting a losing battle to try and keep from ogling her too obviously.

"When're they bringing the bath up?" Daersen finished, trying to play it cool as he slipped off his tunic, which he dumped on top of his robe.

Rhindeer

"As soon as they heat the water, I imagine," Mei said, glancing up from her book now and then to stare intensely at Daersen, before glancing back down and continuing her sketching. If she noticed his struggle, she didn't show it.

Mostly because she didn't notice.

DaGlobster

"Real helpful..."

Daersen hopped out of his pants, leaving him with some tattered smallclothes. He stretched his shoulders, shivering a little now that he was exposed. For someone who lived in a sewer, Daersen didn't look too malnourished. He was a bit thin, yes, but he also had plenty of muscle. He was fit, so to speak.

His secret was that he used his power to get food when he needed it. Rat wasn't the tastiest nor the most nutritious of meats, but he used his begging money for proper food and drink whenever he could to balance out his diet.

"What're you doing there, anyways?" Daersen asked, moving to sit a couple feet across from Mei.

Tags: