Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wherever there's an evil-doer evil doing, I'll be there! [Draco!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 29, 2015, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

It was several nights after the "incident" that saw Einin sneaking out alone as Owl. She bound her chest, donned her leather armor, mask, dagger, and saber, magicked her hair and eyes from pink to brown, and crept out into the city. She didn't tell Herrick she was going, and if he knew what was best for him, he wouldn't follow her, anyway.

She was still hurt, and still pissed at him, and didn't know that she ever wouldn't be.

It was foolish, going out alone like this when she had one powerful group out to get her, and an insane sorcerer trying to snatch her, but she didn't think she had to worry about Varian for a while, at least. His "curse" was still months from fruition, and if she was going to able to do a damned thing about it, she needed to stop moping and get back to training. Of course, she was supposed to be training with Herrick, but considering she currently couldn't stomach him, that was out. And Rufus was busy doing Rufus things and she didn't feel like bothering him--because she knew she'd just end up blubbering at him, and she wasn't ready to open up about what had happened just yet.

She felt utterly alone. But maybe, right now, that was what she needed.

To just [be alone, clear her head--

And vent some frustration in a constructive way!

That constructive way lead her to where she was now, in a stand-off against a group of three thieves she'd caught looting and vandalizing a textile shop. It was one Owl had been in plenty of time before, enough to know the owner and his wife, who both lived upstairs--and who had been dragged into the street in their nightclothes to be intimidated while their home and business was trashed.

It was crazy to think that a few months ago, she would have been in over her head, but she'd already disarmed two and laid them out on the ground, dazed or unconscious--but the third was more wily, and he'd grabbed the the husband and brought him between he and Owl, using him as a living shield, with a knife held to his throat and a wild glint in his eye that screamed that he'd do it if pushed.

"Back off, little bird," he growled, and Owl flinched at the use of Rufus's nickname for her--even though she knew it was only coincidence. Or maybe it wasn't. "Owl" had become pretty well known over the last few months--both for good reasons and bad! And it was common knowledge Owl was fairly tied up in Soot Wolf business for some reason, enough that Owl hardly went anywhere with Soot Wolf bodyguards watching from the shadows.

They were probably out there now, though they rarely interfered unless she actually got in over her head.

"Back off now!" the thief repeated, growing more agitated. "Get outta here before I do something you'll regret!"

"You won't be alive to regret a thing if you hurt that man!" Owl shot back, voice surprisingly steady and bold even as, inwardly, she reeled. This--a hostage situation!--was something she had never before encountered, and she found herself at a stalemate.

"Just let him go! It doesn't have to go that far. We can...we can talk this out!"

The thief scoffed. "Seriously?"

"Sure!" Owl said, thinking fast, and trying to ignore how ridiculous it sounded to her own ears. "I mean, surely there's a reason you feel like you have to rob! Desperation, hunger, a sick family member. It's okay! We can work it out. We--"

The thief arched an eyebrow. "...I ain't none of those things. We does it for the thrill."

...Well. Shit.

Plan B!

"And I'm sure it's very thrilling beating up sleeping elderly folk. But if you want a real challenge, you'll leave him and face me. Unless you're chicken! Which I think you may be, and Owls love chicken! It's delicious!"

The thief laughed and shrugged his shoulders, taking a step backward and forcing the man to come with him. "Naw, I ain't interested in fighting you. I'm more interested in your bounty."

And it was only the way his eyes moved, looking suddenly up, that saved Owl. She spun and ducked, narrowly missing the cudgel of a fourth thief as it swung for her head.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

[its bit not awesome but I wanted to reply. D8 let me know if I've done you wrong! Also there will be weird autocorrects. 8D]

The damn bird made the weirdest sounds she's ever heard sometimes. Raizel looked as far to the side as she could, trying to look at the raven nestled in her hood, his puffy bird body pressed against her cheek. There would be no comfortable sleep tonight, having no coin was always troublesome when she finally meandered her way to places that required it.

Of course, as usual with her life the moment she began to doze off the bird started to make noises. He fluffed himself up and popped out of her hood, wide awake before he took off. Raizel groaned audibly before following the bird. The sounds of an incident going on caught her attention though and Raizel stood up the way to watch for a moment.

Being a little baffled was her first reaction. That boy was dressed up as an owl. Or something. And why were there old people? She frowned for a moment, made sure her hood was up and began to move forward. Two lay on the ground, which meant this owl was no amateur, judging by the hostage situation Raizel knew what side she was going to be on. This could prove to be interesting.

The hood pointed down, she had her black furred pauldrons on which could look like a fluff of black feathers. The ratty cloak she wore could double as wings, it was perfect. No mask, but Raizel wouldn't worry about people seeing her face if they were going to be dead soon.

She stayed quiet, like a shadow she moved behind the thief holding the hostage and reached for the hand holding the knife. Raizel braced herself for retaliation, he tried to elbow her but he succeeded ramming his elbow into nothing. He cursed loudly and Raizel took that chance to disarm him of his knife and for good measure she broke his fingers awful cracking noises were made. A howl of pain and Raizel smirked, holding the man in a position he couldn't easily remove himself from.

"I am the terror that flaps in the night," she whispered sweetly, the man whimpered before it turned into an angry growl and she squeezed his broken fingers.

"You bitch!!"

"I know." She agreed, "truly it's a sickness." Raizel looked towards the owl, "What do you want done with this one?" She paid most of her attention to this thief, having left the other to the owls capable hands.

Rhindeer

Owl didn't notice the interloper at first; she was too occupied fighting off the man with a cudgel, but fortunately it wasn't a long fight. She let him take another swing for her and ducked low under his blow and lunged forward, driving her elbow hard into his unprotected belly and kicking his legs out from under him. He toppled with a yell, cudgel flailing, and a quick swipe of her sword sliced the club in half so he was left gripping a nub.

With a snarl, he started to rise, and Owl bashed him in the head with the pommel of her sword.

This time, when he toppled, he stayed down.

Owl spun around to face the other thief, eyes wide as she hoped nothing bad had become of the hostage--and that was when she saw that the hostage was gone, and instead a new, hooded figure had the squirming thief in a painful hold.

A woman.

And from the sound of it, she was on her side, thank Kia!

"Oh! Uh. Wow, thanks!" she said, and let out a breath. She'd been trained enough, and practiced enough, that this little bout didn't wind her like it used to. "If you could just tie him up, that'd be great! Knock him out if you have to. That makes it easier sometimes, when they're squirmy like that!"

With a pleased grin, she sheathed her sword. "We'll be turning them into the proper authorities, of course!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

The surprise didn't shock Raizel. If anything she chuckled slightly, making the poor thief shiver in fear. Squirmy indeed. She wasted no time, pulling her arm across his neck. His face turned red and he squired more before he went slack- not dead - just passed out for the time being.

Unceremoniously she dropped his body and he went down like a sack of potatoes, unfortunately not landing on his face. A pity. She moved her hand to her belt to remove a small length of rope and she kneeled over him and tied his hands up behind him tightly.

"So. We've tied up the bad guys and we're going to take them to the proper authorities." Raizel repeated the plan, giving the thief a light kick in the side. She pulled her hood down and smiled down at the Owl. "Are you going to carry one and I the other?" An entertained smile was on her face when she asked the question and she looked down at them, Raizel moved a little closer, her hands out to display that she was no threat.

Sorta.

"Or are we going to call authorities here and run away before they get here?" For a moment she felt a little bit like a kid, ready to cause trouble (Or uncause trouble in this case.)

Rhindeer

...Oh.

Owl blinked at the hooded woman, and then abruptly flushed with the sudden realization Oh. Riiiiight. She...uh...hadn't exactly given any thought as to how to get the thieves to the authorities...? Because there were four of the brutes, and she certainly wouldn't be able to carry one of them! They were each of them twice her size and several times heavier!

She probably should have considered that issue before deciding to knock them all out. At least then they could have walked the thieves to the guard station!

"Er...eheh." Owl coughed and scratched the back of her neck, shuffling her feet. "Right. Getting them to the authorities. Of course that was a thing I put extensive thought and planning into! I'm very prepared like that! Indeed! We'll just have to bring the authorities here!" she said, puffing out her chest and giving a firm nod, like that was her idea all along, and the hooded woman hadn't just given it to her.

"We'll need to leave a proper calling card, of course. We can't just run away without getting a little credit!" And with that said, she plucked a couple large feathers from her mask (they were only decorative, anyway; the base of it was made of the same material as her armor) and tucked them into the neck of one thief's collar, so they were visible.

Draconian

Adorable.

Raizel smiled. Her face obscured by her hood as it was, The Owl probably didn't see it. That was okay though, for now they would deal with the issue. "Yes, that's a good idea. We can get the authorities,"  it was a wonderful plan, why hadn't she thought of it! Curiously, she watched the kid place a piece of her disguise onto the thief. A calling card? A soft amused shake of her head and she plucked a few feathers from her pauldrons and placed it besides the owls making a mental note not to wear this particular set anymore in public.

The sound of a bird was heard from the roof above them and Raizel reached out an arm. The raven sat down on her forearm and she studied him for a few moments, "The old man went and got them," she stated simply, looking back at The Owl. "I hope you don't mind my intrusion, Little Owl." Raizel removed her hood then. Being recognized by thieves was one thing, that just brought about more potential problems with more thieves and Raizel would rather avoid that part of being a vigilante.

"I heard trouble and..." she nodded down, "I included myself in your endeavor." An incline of her head and the Raven crawled along her arm to sit on her shoulder.  "The authorities will be here soon, do you have somewhere safe to go?"

Rhindeer

Owl lifted an eyebrow, curious as to how the woman knew the old man had fetched the authorities, when the man and his wife were out of sight. Maybe she'd heard something Owl hadn't?

Or maybe her raven talks, she thought with an amused smile, eying the bird, and dismissed the idea as the silly stuff of stories. Of course her raven didn't talk! It hadn't even made a sound--whoa.

That was when the woman removed her hood, and Owl found herself momentarily distracted. Maybe it was a weird thought, but she hadn't expected the person beneath to be all pretty. Which was indeed weird because hey, she wore a mask, and she knew she wasn't bad looking herself! But the woman beneath the hood was surprisingly stunning, and for a moment Owl stared. Which suited her fine, because she was playing at being a guy--and even so, she'd learned that her "pretending" wasn't always insincere.

Then she realized she'd been asked a question, and she started. "Hm? Oh, right! Places to go. Safe places to go. Huh..." She tapped her fingers on the pommel of her sword and gave an uncomfortable shrug. "Not really. Is anywhere really safe?"

Despite her best efforts at keeping up her perky optimism, bitterness crept into her voice, and she caught it as soon as the words left her lips. Nowhere was safe for her; she was running on borrowed time. But she was trying to be positive about that, and was certainly sick of whining and moping, which was why she was out here in the first damned place! With a grimace, she shook her head. "Sorry. Don't mean to go all deep on you. Uh, anyway, yeah, I know a place I can lay low. The Lifeless Lech, heard of it?"

It was a rather fancy brothel.

Draconian

A pleasant smile was on Raizel's lips. She noticed the staring. Perhaps the owl was expecting a beast?  She rested her hand on the pommel of her sword and tilted her head, the pleasant smile melted into a gentle frown when the owl got deep. Raizel was never sure where this perception came from but she could feel the change in the little owl. She wanted to reach her hand out and make noises like she was trying to coax out a cat.

"No." Raizel moved her head so the raven could pluck through her black hair while he moved to hop into the space the hood made at her back. "No where is really safe, Little Owl." She nodded, looking up for a moment, at the sky before she turned back.

"I have." It was a fancy brothel. Raizel simply rose an eyebrow towards the Owl and she moved closer, hands away from her sword, outside of her cloak. "Come." Raizel suggested softly, waving her hand and beginning to walk, the raven gave The Owl a beady eyed look before curling up in the hood.  "Though you seem a little young to be buying someones company for the night." It was a comment made in jest, but still a comment and Raizel gave a brief look over her shoulder while they walked.

Behind the the noises of foot steps could be heard as the old man returned with the authorities. They were a bit of a ways off still, and Raizel was sure there was enough time get away. Except no, they were running. "Quickly!" Raizel turned quickly and rushed towards owl, grabbing their wrist and pulling them along right into an alley way. With a dead end.

"Climb! Quickly! They won't look for us on the roof." And up Raizel went, there was a stack of boxes and she quickly climbed them, jumping to catch onto a roof and quickly pulled herself up, leaning over with an arm down, hand out to help Owl up.

Rhindeer

[xD I dunno why, but the repetition of the fancy brothel bit made me snorfle. xD]

"Pffft." Owl waved a hand and gave a little swagger, going for machismo. "Young, nothing! I'm pretty popular with the ladies, I'll have you know!" Which wasn't really a lie. Ryk had taught her how to walk and sit like a man, and he'd really talked "Tanin" up at the Lech, so that the ladies there had been more than interested in getting into her pants--and getting at her coin. She really had had to fight the whores off her when they got all grabby!

But before she could brag some more about activities she'd never partaken of at the Lech--the most she'd done there was play cards, get tipsy, dance with Ebony (alright, and kiss her, too), and do some crime-fighting!--the woman announced the guards' approach. Shit! That was bloody fast!

Her eyes darted for an escape route, but the woman found one first. Owl followed without question, racing after her down the alley, and cursing under her breath at the dead end. Luckily, they weren't trapped. The woman climbed onto the roof, and Owl jumped up and snatched her offered hand, hauling herself up onto the roof. She'd built a lot of muscle over the last few months of training, and what would have before been a bit of challenge came easily and fluidly. She crouched down beside the woman, careful of the roof's slippery tiles.

"You do this often?" she asked as she began to move, climbing carefully over the roof and away from the edge so as not to risk being seen.

Draconian

[Good. I aim to make snorfles happen. >8D]

Raizel grinned.

It was a real grin and her eyes even squinted a little bit.

"Technically, no, I don't." Which was true. It just felt natural to be able to do it. Raizel shuffled along the roof carefully, her fingers pressed against it and she took careful shuffling steps away from where the guards are. The raven peaked his head out of his little nest and gave the owl a beady eye'd glare. Raizel shuffled along some more and getting to the edge of the building on the other side looked down before grinning at the owl and pausing.

"I usually don't run away from authorities using rooftops. It's usually just to look at the stars." Another smile and Raizel realized she was enjoying herself. No one died. The proper people were taking care of the situation. There was an odd young boy with her - or what she thought was a boy - but that too wasn't setting her on edge. What an odd thing to find here.

"My name is..." She paused hating how when she gave her name it felt like a lie, "Raizel. And the bird in my hood is Aki. We travel around and... We travel." Raizel cast a blue eyed look over her shoulder and nodded in greeting before she shuffled off the roof, landing cleaning and looking up, her arms open. "I'll catch you. Or you can hang and I'll grab your legs." Then she paused, "Or you can jump off like I did. I'll buy you a drink at that brothel."

Rhindeer

"You travel and help beat up thugs," Owl suggested with a grin as she scooted on her butt to the edge and dangled her legs over it. "Hm, I think I've got this. Stand clear!"

She slid off, falling and landing evenly on her feet, knees bending to absorb the impact. She staggered a little and grabbed onto Raizel's arm to keep her balance--that had been a little higher than she'd anticipated--but she righted herself soon after and brushed off her hands and bottom.

"Sorry," she said, and gave a quick look around the area as though afraid the noise might draw attention. "Let's keep walking. Walking and talking, that's always good! Anyway, it's nice to meet you. Officially, I mean. Always really neat to meet a fellow vigilante! Er, and I use the word in the best possible sense! Vigilante's thrown around like a bad word, but it's not really if you're just helping the law, you know! Oh!"

Realizing she was rambling, she smiled over at Raizel. "I'm Owl, by the way. Terror of the night. And I'm totally down for that drink!" And she winked.

With the fight over and the guards behind them, now she was just feeling...invigorated. She'd actually done something useful tonight! Found her stride again! With help, granted, but it had still happened and...

It kind of felt like old times. Old times as in several months ago. Back before everything had gone tits up.

This was the most fun she'd had in while.

Draconian

"We do do that, yes." There was a nod from the woman, impressed at the agility of the little owl and took a few steps back, moving closer when she landed just in case. Sure enough she was used to keep the owls balance and when the owl apologized, Raizel simply gave a kind smile and nodded at the suggestion of walking and talking. And talk the little owl did. Half grinning, surprised at how enthusiastic this person was, Raizel simple played the silent companion and gave the first true smile in a long time.  "It's lovely to meet you, Owl, Terror of the Night."

Raizel gave a sweeping bow, one that felt so familiar to her limbs. The way her arms moved. The height she bowed at. The balance was a little off, the way she moved like she was trying to counter weigh something else. Her wings, Raizel remembered. Quickly she stood up again, a face of slight confusion before she quickly turned again, taking a deep breath to calm herself. Pushing a hand through her hair she.

"So." Raizel began, her hands behind her back, under her black cloak, "Is this a hobby or are you a professional?" It would be a little bit of a walk before they got to the drinks, "I heard it's bad to drink on the job." It was a nod, because Raizel couldn't even remember the last time she'd drank anything that wasn't water.

Rhindeer

Such a polite, formal bow, the sort of bow that made Owl wonder if she wasn't the only noble masquerading as a vigilante here. But that was a ridiculous notion; how many crime-fighting noblewomen were there? It wasn't exactly a thing most women woke up in the mornings and decided to become. Not that she had decided this spontaneously either, but...anyway, she was familiar with most of the big names in Serendipity, and this woman didn't fit any of those descriptions.

So perhaps not nobility, but maybe well-off?

She filed that information away for curiosity's sake, but didn't pursue it for now. Instead, she just laughed at the woman's questions. "I'm not a professional," she said with a grin. "Not yet, anyway. I'm still in training. But I hope to take this to a professional level one day! Sooner rather than later. And anyway, I don't plan on getting drunk."

She would never do that again.

"But a little buzz can't hurt. What about you? Hobby or job?"

Draconian

Raizel watched the owl, smiling in a gentle way. Like a mother would look at a child who'd done something she was proud of. "Do you plan on being a knight?" The idea of becoming a knight rang inside Raizel and she gave Owl a better once over. Remembering his stances. The way he held himself. "You're well on your way, if you are." A story was on her tongue. There was a compelling urge to tell this boy a story about knights.

But no story came out and Raizel just gazed, looking a little confused. Why would she know a story about knights? After staring off into space for a few moments, she turned back to the owl and blinked at the question. "This is my life." Raizel gave a shrug, the bird in her hood giving a grumpy noise. "I woke up and... Here I am." There was a tail end urge to ask 'do you know me?' but if the little owl had, then surely he would have mentioned it.

Raizel began to walk towards this rather fancy brothel. "Getting buzzed sounds good. I could enjoy a buzz." She smiled at the owl. "I haven't been there, just walked past. Is there anything good you would suggest? I'm short on coin, Aki and I usually aren't in cities." Which was true. Usually Raizel couldn't be caught dead in a city. Yet here she was, completely not dead.

Rhindeer

Owl pursed her lips in thought and tapped her lips with a gloved finger. "Hmm. Well, their ale's pretty good! Really strong, though, but it's good! If you're not into the strong stuff and like something less intense, they've got this one where they I guess mix some ale with cream and somehow make it taste peachy. It's really good!"

She cleared her throat and shrugged, shifting her eyes away. "But, er, not very manly. I just know 'cause I tasted it on Ebony. When she kissed me. Nothing more than that. Anyway, I'd be happy to buy you a drink! You know, for helping me out. My treat!"

After all, she had made a good bit of coin at the faire not long ago. Her parents didn't generally let her run around with money on her and especially without supervision, but her winnings were a secret thing, and she had a small portion on her now. She hardly got to use it, so why not?

"Besides, seems like a really knightly thing to do! Very chivalrous," she added with a wink as they approached the brothel doors. "'Cause yeah, you're spot on. I'm hoping to be a knight one day! Maybe! If not that, then..." She opened the door and motioned Raizel to go in first with a flourish and a bow. "I guess I can just keep on doing what I'm doing."

Draconian

Not very manly? Raizel smiled, entertained. The things were adding up and she was polite and kept her mouth shut. "Well, that's very generous of you, Owl." She'd drop the little. There had been no comment on it, but Raizel didn't want to undermine the vigilante, repeating Little couldn't be very confidence boosting. Even though she was taller. "A peachy drink sounds quite good." Should she? Raizel smirked slightly, though she as careful to quickly mute her expression, "Perhaps I'll let you taste some."

Raizel went into the brothel before Owl and gave a polite bow in turn, looking over her shoulder before going in and taking a seat. "Maybe?" Raizel frowned slightly, why only maybe? "You seem talented enough." As she took a seat she watched Owl a little more carefully, taking in the image in the dim light. "What's stopping you from doing that? There's far more security in being a knight than ... This." She held up an empty hand, not sure if the word vigilante was a taboo word in a brothel.

It worried her how familiar the brothel felt. Maybe not this exact one, but being in a brothel felt ... Normal. And there was an odd nagging sense that she had to do something. Like there was someone here she needed to bring home. That was impossible though, Raizel gave a smile to Owl, everyone she knew was right in front of her.

Rhindeer

Oh, jeez!

Owl's cheeks went pink enough to match her hair at that little comment--was she flirting with her!?--but by some miracle, she managed not to sputter too much. "O-oh! Sounds good! I mean, if you feel like sharing, because I wouldn't fault you if you just chug it down, hah!" Gah! Even after her tryst with Ryk, she had gotten no better at handling flirtations and innuendo. She still handled it with all the grace of...well...herself.

By the time she got inside and took a seat, she felt mostly recovered. Mostly. The inside of the establishment no longer made her blush like a virgin--but that had nothing to do with the state of her prudery, and everything to do with having gotten to know the whores over the course of several casual visits. They were just regular people, and though they still flirted--it was their job, after all--Owl just saw it for what it was now.

And she and Ebony had gotten especially friendly with one another--friendly in the literal sense, not the sexy sense! The woman had teased and flirted with her before, but she'd helped save Ebony's life, and that had earned her the woman's respect. She still teased and flirted, but she also just liked to talk.

Owl caught sight of the woman as she settled down, and she gave her a smile and a wave that Ebony--who was occupied with a customer--returned. And it served the added bonus of maybe making it look like she was some big shot guy who...totally visited whores for more...private matters.

Turning back to Raizel when she caught her questions, she gave a small shrug. "Oh, just...well, it seems difficult to become a knight, if you're not..." She wanted to say "male", but stopped herself and added, "privileged enough? You know, getting noticed and proving you're worthy enough to be trained. That's the hard part, and that's why I'm doing this. I wanna get noticed, and I wanna prove myself. Maybe if I'm a big enough hero, I'll catch their eye and they'll overlook everything else. You know?"

Draconian

The mask was on, sure, but Raizel grinned widely at the blush. It spoke more words than anything else and she watched carefully. The interaction with the whores, and the general friendliness. Raizel decided that she quite liked Owl and when she could, she would help. It was a dangerous game for someone so gentle seeming. Before, Raizel had been prepared to discreetly kill the men and leave the bodies there for the morning. Part of her didn't want Owl to do anything that would ruin the adorable blush at the idle flirting comments.

Bright blue eyes stayed on Owl's while they explained their situation. "You seem far more talented than most knights. You think they could take on thieves in the middle of the night?" Raizel shook her head gently, pushing her hair behind her ear. A polite not to one of the whores that wandered past and she tapped her fingers at the table.

A masked vigilante that wanted to get noticed.

What a conundrum.

Raizel looked at Owl's mask, tilting her head, examining what she could of the face beneath. "You could move to Adela." She offered, smiling, "I hear they take any and all soldiers. Perhaps Serendipity is too stuffy for you."

Rhindeer

"Move to Adela?" Owl repeated, eyes going wide at the notion. Raizel wasn't the first one to suggest something like that, suggest Adela specifically in fact--which perhaps meant it really was an idea worth considering! Maybe Adela really was where she should be! Maybe she was born in the wrong nation.

Though her problem wasn't just her gender; it was her class. A noblewoman who wanted to be a knight? Her parents would never let that fly. Which was why she had to do it the roundabout, sneaky way. Of course, she couldn't tell Raizel that; that would give away half her disguise!

She scratched a little beneath her mask, where her skin was starting to get itchy. "You been there before?" she asked with a smile and a tilt of her head. "Because...well...I would like to travel! Definitely! But I could never leave here. I mean, it's my home, and these are my people. I want to protect them."

Draconian

A tilt of her head and Raizel watched Owl, the small tells. The little things that could give away stories and tell more tales than a mouth could. Part of her wanted to suggest to just remove the mask - Raizel would have no one to tell anyway - but she knew that this masked child wouldn't do it. Such a young person doing such a dangerous thing. She wanted to tuck the owl under her wing, but Raizel wasn't going to be here for long and she didn't want to catch ties that could eventually send her somewhere she didn't want to go.

"I may have been," She answered truthfully, a part of her always caught at the mention of Adela, "I know they have quite the military and probably more opportunities for you if you wished to become a knight." Raizel nodded and leaned in, casually resting her head on her hand "Do you have any friends that do what you do? Please tell me that you're only alone tonight and that you aren't always." She frowned slightly, instincts she didn't know she had blossoming in her chest, "That could have gone very wrong."

Not that Raizel was claming she swooped in and saved the day, she was sure the Owl could have finished the job without her, but the idea of someone out alone irked her. Though, she knew it was hypocritical.