Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dinner time!

Started by Rhindeer, January 31, 2006, 06:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Kujin couldn't help but take a few steps backward as the slayer took a few steps forward and knocked the dog away from his leg, though gently. The man was eerily calm; damn, how many times had he done this? Hell, how much experience did he have, period, when it came to slaughtering vampires? His demeanor was somehow different from the other hunters he'd come across in the past--those ones had been obvious amateurs, young men and women who were just as nervous about finding him as he was about being discovered. Escaping them had been, thank God, fairly easy. Nerve-wracking, but not too bad.

This guy? He carried himself like someone who knew exactly what he was doing, and he didn't appear afraid of failing.

It was a familiar expression. He'd seen an expression like it on the face of the vampire that had turned his sister when she was nineteen and he was fourteen, the one that had planned on killing him and taking his sister for himself. She was pretty. She always had been. That's why the vampire had wanted her. Even though the creature had already fed, there were plenty of other means to kill someone, and the only thing that had saved him from the man's blade and his sister from abduction was the crowd that had come, drawn to the scene in response to his own scream. That vampire had been confident...confident enough to attack in broad daylight.

There'd be no crowd to save him this time.

By the time the slayer had made his way to the bed and pulled Feilene behind him, obviously thinking her in danger, Kujin was in the very back of the room by the wall, though he stubbornly refused to back up until his shoulders were pressing against it like some cornered animal. He swallowed again, casting his eyes around the room anxiously. Fuck. The door was the only damned exit, and that was conveniently blocked. By the slayer. With the big damned sword, which was now out and ready, and the axe, which wasn't out, but was still there.

Kujin flexed his fingers, hands shaking with tension. He didn't want to fight, obviously, but he would if he had no choice. Still, all he wanted to do was figure out some way to slip around the man and just bolt down the nearest street. It wasn't like he was defenseless; he was a fast runner, and fortunately being turned hadn't negated the magic he'd been born with, though Air was considered one of the weaker elements in terms of fighting. But it wasn't that he couldn't defend himself...it was that he was afraid he couldn't do it well enough to live through it.

He preferred to just flee. No shame in that if it meant living another day. This guy wasn't after Feilene--he thought he was protecting her, from the looks of it! No, he wouldn't feel bad about leaving her with him. She'd be unharmed.

"H...hello..." Kujin managed, and winced when his voice cracked. Dammit. But, hey, who could blame him? Here he was in a small room cornered by a guy with a sword that wanted to kill him. The guy wasn't swayed a bit by he and Feilene's act. He knew exactly what he was doing, and saw right through it. "I, ah, still think you've made a mistake...sir. See...I'm not a demon. I don't even like demons. Heh. Too many bad experiences and all, you know. I guess I look too much like dinner. Eh heh. I seem to have that problem a lot...with humans as well as demons...though with humans it's not about dinner...exactly..." He gave a soft laugh despite himself, and quickly clicked his teeth shut when he realized that if he didn't shut his mouth, he'd continue right on laughing; it was a nervous reaction. And...aw crap, his tongue seemed to have become possessed, and now he was rambling like an idiot. Another nervous reaction though, well, it was also a weak attempt at buying time, coming up with a game plan. Damn, he really was lame...

"But if it's demons you're after, I hear there's a nest of them not too far away!" he offered up with a feigned cheerfulness that belied the shakiness of his hands and pounding of his heart.

That was when he heard Feilene give the sudden command. Natasha? What?

The sight of the little yorkshire terrier suddenly evolved into a hulking werewolf just about scared Kujin as much as the slayer had when he'd burst into the room. What the hell?! He froze completely, watching in a sort of shocked fascination as the changed Natasha went after the slayer, eyes locked onto the scene, so much so that he jolted again when he felt someone clinging to him suddenly.

"Feilene...ah...yeah, fine, fine!" Kujin gave another nervous chuckle, but he still didn't break eye contact with the were and the slayer. They were out of the room, but the door was still blocked. Damn! When Feilene called out to the man, Kujin did look down at her finally in surprise. "You don't--never mind. He's a slayer. Vampire hunter," he answered her question curtly. "I didn't turn you...he won't hurt you..." Nope, he wasn't worried about Feilene at all, and he shrugged his arm slightly to get her to let go. Once he saw an opening, he planned on just bolting.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

What the-?

Surprise was not the word. Not only had a previously-adorable werewolf just forcibly ejected him from the room, but the person who had given it its orders were the weak and defenceless-seeming normal. Well, not entirely normal. He had dealt with werewolves before, as alliances were occasionally made between them and vampires, but never before had he been attacked by one in the form of a dog.

Lla'rete didn't have much time to contemplate. Dropping his silver sword, (Remember your studies: Vamps and Weres can't touch it.)  he reached inside his jacket with his free, left hand and removed a small ampoule of silver dust. Rapidly bringing it around and smashing it into the lycan's side, he took advantage of the creature's surprise to pull free and roll away from it, pulling his axe free from its loop as he did so.

But he was surrounded. Standing on the threshold as he was, the werewolf blocked one exit and the two others were in the room. The woman could no longer be seen as no threat. She gave the lycan its orders, and she could have other powers as well. Perhaps retreat was the best option...? (No. Not without my sword. Not without doing what I came to do.) That in mind, he turned and squared off against the wolf. The others might prove a danger, but as it was neither was quite as much a threat as the fierce, furred and probably furious creature in the corridor.

Hefting his axe in one hand, Lla'rete shed his jacket as gracefully as he could, baring his silver gauntlets and breastplate. The werewolf would have hard time getting to him, at least.

Anonymous

The poor boy.  He was truly frightened of this hunter.  She had to get rid of him.  He was scaring her little...crap, she hadn’t gotten his name yet...  Then the boy tried to explain something to her.  "I know what he is...  And I know you didn’t turn me... You can't..." she explained tiredly in return, maybe even giving a little to much unintentional information.  "A-nd I don’t care...  I wont lety him hurt you..." her voice grew weaker.  

Feilene was completely ignored by the threatening man.  Oh for the love of...  She almost rolled her eyes when he dropped his sword and pulled out silver dust.  It was obvious that he would not listen to her and would have to be dealt with forcefully.  The man made an attempt to hurt Natasha, but Feilene only watched for now, protecting the vampire she stood in front of.  Wait...!  This was her apartment!  They were going to break stuff!  All of her books!  What if they started a fire??  That's just what she needed...a fire...  

Natasha was stunned as the man brought out more silver.  That’s right, she knew what it was.  He jabbed her in the side and she flinched, not being much larger than he.  The man rolled away from her when she was stunned, but the silver had little to do with it.  Natasha merely shrugged it off and stood ever so calm ant patient, not like the usual ravaging beast a true Werewolf was.  A closer look revealed a glint from her collar. Which amazingly grew with her size. It was laced with silver.  How intriguing, to build up an immunity or resistance.  Something suggested that she and her master were not to be taken lightly.  

"STOP IT!!" Feilene finally shrieked, loud enough to halt the toughest opponent. She was out of breath still, and didn’t want to deal with any violence.  "Natasha...heel..." she panted.  "You...you stop it...!  Please..." She stumbled away from her Vampire and fell to her knees beside the man's sword.  She reached down and picked it up, and then used it as a cane to pick herself up.  She glared at the man meekly and stepped backward and away from him with his silver weapon.  

Immediately hearing her master, The Werewolf shrank back into a tiny pet and sat properly, still staring at the intruder.  It was a fast transformation, almost magically enhanced.  A cute growling and small defensive yips came from little Natasha now, barking at the man because he still held a weapon.

"I-I'm sorry I had to restrain you...  P-please lower your weapon...  Let us have a civilized conversation and not wreck my apartment..." she told calmly.  She backed her way into her vampire, resting against him, being careful to not let the sword touch him as she held it down at her side.

Rhindeer

He couldn't turn her? Kujin blinked, glancing down at her momentarily before jerking his gaze back to the more important scene. Not that he'd want to in the first place. He'd never turned anyone before, and swore he never would. Not even if they wanted it--in which case, he'd just label them as clinically insane and scramble away from them. Still, that was interesting...

Or, at least, it would have been interesting if he wasn't so distracted right now by a sort of life or death situation.

Kujin twitched noticeably when the man pulled out silver dust and smashed it into Natasha. Shit! He had bloody silver dust, too?! Damn! He came prepared! As if the damned sword wasn't enough...now he had to worry about getting dust tossed at him...

That was certainly not an item any of the slayers he'd encountered had possessed.

Natasha may have had an immunity to it, but he didn't, and he'd figured that little bit out on his own. The hard way. About the only expensive item he'd ever owned when he was younger had been a necklace, a simple pendant on a silver chain. Yeah. He no longer owned that necklace. After being turned, once he'd adjusted and adapted to the changes and the effects finally started to kick in...bam! He woke up in the middle of the night to find his neck was stinging in pain, burning, and soon found the necklace was the source. It burned his fingers, even, when he was finally able to yank it off, breaking the links, and toss it to the ground. He still had a faint scar from it at the base of his neck and even a little further down on his chest, but it had faded a lot with time.

Still, that had taught him to be careful, and been one of his many unpleasant experiences with the substance. He could only imagine what something larger could do...and silver dust, if thrown in his eyes, he just knew would blind him...

And...nice...the guy was wearing a bloody silver breastplate and gauntlets.

Kujin sighed, glancing longingly at the door where the lycan and slayer squared off. He really couldn't take this anymore, feeling like a trapped rabbit as the ferret came tunneling closer. Stubbornly forcing his nerves to calm--his magic was fickle, and never seemed to want to answer when he needed it--he began to try and concentrate, to call upon his element. He didn't even care anymore if Natasha was in the way. She wouldn't be hurt, and neither would the slayer--they were tough, they should be able to handle getting forcibly shoved out of the way, and he was growing desperate. He was weak-blooded, but he wasn't a pushover, and he certainly wasn't just going to stand around passively and wait to be executed.

That was when Feilene shrieked, the sound piercing his ears--especially given she was standing right next to him--and whatever spark of magic he'd been able to conjure was promptly extinguished.

...And she told Natasha to heel? What? But...but...

And then she was picking up that silver sword. Instinctively, Kujin shuffled away from her, even though it looked like she was being careful with it. Still, she looked angry--not at him, but at the slayer--and it was better to be safe than sorry.

What she said next--talk? Civilized? Talk? Vampire...slayer...same room...lotsa sharp pointy silver items...TALK?--made Kujin blink a few times in rapid succession...before he once again burst out laughing before he could help it. Quickly, he clamped a hand over his mouth to muffle the sound, painfully aware of what an innappropriate response that was, but he still couldn't help but snicker, and it didn't help that he was now also laughing because he was laughing. Dammit. It was a vicious cycle. Chalk it up to nerves.

When he was finally able to control himself again, he still didn't remove his hand from his face. Just in case. Dear God, he didn't want the man to think he was laughing at him, because he wasn't! Fuck no! It was just...he didn't even know right now.

"Um...so..." He didn't want to bloody "talk". What was he supposed to say? 'Pleased to meetcha, mister vampire slayer! You want to kill me, don'tcha? Okay! Cool! Just wanted to clear that up! Might I suggest decapitation? I'm afraid I'm not very fond of prolonged pain, so the stake-through-the-heart deal? Not a good choice, but it's ultimately up to you!' Like hell. Kujin felt his lips twitch, and he quickly pushed the ridiculously out of place thoughts from his head before he started chuckling.

No, he was quite ready to bolt. But he remained where he was. There was Natasha, still. And what the hell would Feilene want to talk about? Perhaps it was morbid curiosity that kept him from from trying anything.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Even the werewolf was turning out to be something more than it seemed. Obeying commands as easily as the terrier it normally resembled, and that collar... Silver? Could it have built up a resistance of some kind to the anathematic metal? That was unheard of to the slayer. But circumstances change, and you have to change with them. As, at the woman's command, his foe morphed back into it's somewhat cuddlier prior form, Lla'rete found himself lacking options. With a sigh, he slipped his axe back through the loop at his belt and idly picked his jacket up off the floor, draping it over a nearby chair.

"Fine," he growled, his far northern accent dusty with lack of exhibition.

Then he sat. This barrage of odd occurences had taken its mental toll, and Lla'rete suddenly found himself without the willpower to do anything apart from what the woman wanted. And she wanted to talk. (Fine! Let's have a civilised conversation! Let's have some drinks, idly discuss the weather, and perhaps let the conversation turn to the cowardly bloodsucker that was currently shacked up with her.)

Sighing, but with every intention of letting the odd woman have her say, Lla'rete pulled a flask of liquid from his belt, unscrewed the cap, and took a long pull. The scent of gin was obvious, and lacing it... Garlic? This was obviously a man who took his vengeance-fueled, murderous, life-long vendetta a bit too seriously.

"Very well. Let us talk. You:" he gestured at the woman with his flask. "You seem to know more than you let on. I suppose you know what that," he gestured again, at the vampire. "...is?"

Anonymous

((Glomps everyone))

A dark shadow idly slunk through the door, keeping close to the corner of the room; away from the faint light that lit it and trying to keep out of sight.
 It had followed the slayer in hope for some action to ease its miserable existence as Lore, demon slave to Feilene, but that hope was quickly quenched as the damn women managed to calm a bloody vampire hunter with the bloody vampire standing only a few feet away! Come on! He could just flick his axe and poor ol’ Feilene would be heart broken that her new pet is dead oh boohoo! What a crying shame. Not.
Any misery she has would be joy for Lore. That witch, the scum; she doesn’t deserve any happiness, none at all.
He’d do it himself if he could, finish her off, very slowly and painfully. He’d love every minute of it, oh yes indeedy, if it weren’t for the damned spell she had over him…
After a few minutes of ranting and fantasising of the many ways of torturing her once he was free, he decided to focus on the situation at hand.

So far this night has been a complete let down. That wimp of a parasite didn’t even try to kill Feilene, at least then Lore could’ve had some fun with beating the shit out of him, but no, he was a ‘good’ vampire.

Sickening.

And now the slayer was sitting all cosy like ready to talk through his emotions, how taking on the breathily-challenged was his way of dispelling his anger in a positive, yet destructive way that he felt benefited all of human kind without considering that they too have feelings underneath all that blood sucking, maiming and mindless killing and he should respect that of them so they could all move forward yadda, yadda, yadda, etc, etc. For some reason he expected a crowd to cheer, boo and aww over their dilemma, chanting a name over and over. Weird.

He couldn’t just sit there; he’d die of sheer boredom. Again! And that wasn’t an experience he’d care to repeat in a hurry. So Lore will make his presence known, maybe with a bit of luck the vamp will bolt and cause an entertaining chase with the hunter hot on his heels.

The dark shadow grew upwards and outwards like a small portal and a fair skinned, mousy blonde haired boy stepped out in full view of all. He looked barely 12 years old and pissed off. His eyes were bright yellow until the shadow changed into his normal one and his eyes darkened to deep purple that glared at Lla'rete then at Kujin.  He stood a tall 4 foot 6 inches and wore a loose faded blue t-shirt and black baggy faded jeans, but around his neck sported a thick, black leather collar with a large metal ring and studs. His hair stuck up, almost hiding his two small, stubby horns on his head. But despite his daggered expression he was a very cute looking kid and stood blocking the door. Oops, hope that little rabbit don’t feel clostaphobic he smirked.

Lore started clapping slowly and sarcastically.
“Oh well done, Feilene.� He said in his sweet child voice that made his sarcastic manner too cute to be taken seriously. “Your plan has gone so well, I applaud you. Never thought you'd pull it off.� He would regret it later, but for now he wanted to have a glimmer of fun first.
Lore never took his eyes off of the vampire nor let his sly smirk slip as he spoke but now he glanced back to the hunter, with a little luck he could maybe freak them out enough to cause some entertainment for the cute demon, make them read into his words in their own paranoid way, believe something that wasn’t exactly stated in so many words. Please let him have this one little thing! Pleasepleasepleaseplease!

Anonymous

Finally.  Maybe she could get somewhere now.  Her entire plan was screwed up now.  She had to end this peacefully.  But how?  She pondered for a moment after the rude man plopped down in her reading chair.  Everything he did made her hate him more...  Not only did he pull out a flask and drink in front of her, but also she could smell the garlic.  For crying out loud...  She rolled her eyes at the scent, her grip tightening in his sword irritably.  Glancing back, she could see she was frightening the Vampire boy...  Gah...was she making it worse??  She wanted to break down and cry, but that wouldn’t get her anywhere either.  Tired and dizzy, she stared at the stranger, thinking of what to say.  Then she finally opened her mouth and he cut her off.  

Ug...this wasn’t going to end well.  She lowered her head a little.  "Y-yes...  I-I know what HE is..." she retorted calmly.  "I know what Natasha is, and I know what you are...  And I don’t want you here..." She tried to calm her breathing.  She was strong in her beliefs and this man made her sick.  Killing Vampires...  How could he...  Not to worry...all she needed was one...  the one with her right now, and he was perfect.  She knew he would be the one.  She had proof.  "P-please...put that away...  I find it very offensive...  Your need to kill this Vampire is what brought you here...and I cannot let you...  I've waited too long for this...and you will not ruin it for me..."

Then the little shadow spawn rose forth.  The small boy made an effort to trouble poor Feilene, but he had little effect on her.  He appeared, applauding and she smiled a little.  "Heh...  There you are..." she said softly in reply to his comment, her body trembling.  Always the little troublemaker...   She was always happy to see him though, no mater how hard he tried to ruin her life.  "I-its not going so well..." she explained to him like he couldn’t tell.  A tear then rolled down her cheek in hidden frustration.  Feilene quickly wiped it away with her free hand, still holding onto the sword.  Damnit...  "W-what will it take to get you to leave without any resulting deaths...?" she turned back to the man and asked weakly.  "I-I'll compensate you anyway you want...if you leave him without harm..." she almost begged, it seemed, offering him ANYTHING, even her own body if he wished to use her that way.

Rhindeer

[*GLOMPS back!* XD]

Oh, for the love of...

Did people seriously think garlic had some mystical property that vampires hated? Yeesh. If anything, what kept the vampire away was the person's breath. Gin laced with garlic? That had to be nasty.

Still, what Kujin was most surprised about was that the slayer listened. He put his axe away and sat down in a chair, and pulled out a drink. And, though still utterly confused and afraid, Kujin still found the situation painfully hilarious, and that sense of hilarity was only growing. Find a weird girl with weird blood who likes getting drained. Take her home. Get ambushed by a slayer. See a cute fluffy dog turn into a werewolf. And now...sit down and talk? Holy hells.

Should he also take a seat? Perhaps whip out a handy dandy flask of blood (which, for the record, he did not have) to match the man's garlic-laced gin? Hey! Even better! He could just casually sip from Feilene's neck as they talked about the weather and politics! That guy would just love that! Better yet! He could grab himself a glass and just...pour himself a glass, using Feilene like a tap! And then they could all get drunk together and make merry, the slayer on gin, he on Feilene's blood (since it did have an intoxicating effect) and then maybe at the end of the night, they could all hop in the sack and have a drunken orgy! Huzzah! And then there'd be the pillow talk and cuddling afterwards. Can't forget that. And then everything would be all better.

Hah, right. No way. Kujin wasn't into that sort of thing, anyway.

The sight of the slayer sitting down with his axe once again at his side did raise his level of confidence a bit. The man looked harmless enough when he was sitting down, and it was just enough to calm his frayed nerves enough for him to get a grip on himself. Right. Freaking out was not helping. He relaxed a little but didn't budge from his spot, and he couldn't help but snort as he was called a "that". First a demon, now a that. Nice.

Well, whatever. Feilene and this guy could do all the chatting they liked. The slayer was seated. The door was unblocked. Kujin was so out of ther--

Shit. Wow. A demon. Blocking the door.

Kujin repressed the growing urge to start cracking up again, biting down on the inside of his cheek. Demon. Heh heh. He'd just been joking when he'd said there was a nest of them nearby. Guess they overheard. Right. He should know better than to open his big mouth.

The demon looked like just a kid, but...Kujin also didn't look his age. Immortals. You could never be sure about them, because looks were always deceiving with them. Hell, and didn't some demons try and attract victims by disguising themselves as something cute? Some demons even mimicked the sound of a baby's cry to lure people to them. It was a common trap--tone down your appearance, appear innocent, when in truth you're really just a big hulking beast of doom.

By this point, Kujin could only sigh, and he finally let himself lean back against the wall, though not in that "back against the wall and nowhere to go!" sort of way. No. Now it was more in simply an...utterly exhausted sort of way. Dear God. What next? Zombies? Banshees? Maybe a werewolf and demon slayer to join in the league! This was ridiculous, and by this point Kujin was starting to doubt the validity of the situation--and his own sanity. Was this some kind of bizarre, warped joke?

Well, it was growing old, and he couldn't even bring himself to panic or chuckle. It was probably because in the last few minutes, he'd gone from one extreme to the next, and now he was just...worn out.

In fact, he might have freaked out when the demon mentioned a "plan", and Feilene reiterated this "plan" if he didn't just feel so tired all of a sudden. Plan...? He closed his eyes for a second, and then opened them and glanced at Feilene's back tiredly. "You planned all this?"

God. It would make sense. Her calm. The slayer's compliance. The trained werewolf. The demon...thing. This whole thing was fucking planned from the start?! What. The. fuck. Then if she planned all this, why was she asking the guy to leave? Argh...

Exhaling slowly, he slid his back against the wall until he, too, was seated--only on the floor. "Can someone explain what the hell is going on...?" he muttered, rubbing a hand across his eyes.

Anonymous

Lla'rete listened to the woman with half an ear, keeping one eye on the sword that she held and one eye on the non-participant vampire in the corner. Okay, so she knew what was what. It didn't matter. She could know how many hairs stood on any one vampires head at a glance, but it wouldn't matter if she was fool enough to think that she wasn't endangered by one. This thought brought Lla'rete's attentions back to Kujin again. He was still a threat to the woman, if not he himself, and even if she was intent as anything on dying through her own naivete, Lla'rete wouldn't spare the vamp's power increase. Slight as it may be.

The slayer re-capped his bottle at the woman's request, and sat up straight again in mock attentiveness. He'd experienced this before, as well. Some poor fool thinking that vampires were just sad, misunderstood souls who could, with a little understanding, perfectly fit into society. He'd seen it before, and it hadn't been pretty. Some vampires had a horrible way of taking advantage, especially when the neck was offered by a well-meaning idealist girl. No vampire could resist blood long enough, and that's when the second change took place. When they stopped caring.

Lla'rete was jerked back from his memories by what the woman had now said. "I've waited too long for this..." This stank. She had already shown some strange importance, and now she had revealed that she was making plans with vampires? Screw this. Take the sword back, one thrust, and he could leave. Until the doorway became occupied.

Lla'rete, already rising, nearly stumbled as the demon appeared, and knocked his chair over backwards. Pulling his axe free once more, his pre-emptory strike was halted when he decided to wait and see if it was another of the girls' cohorts. It was.

"Mother's milk...!" cursed the hunter, nearly throwing down his axe in frustration. He repeated the vampire's words, though in a somewhat more coarse fashion, and stalked to the back of the room, waiting for some explanation to arrive.

Anonymous

Lore rolled his eyes at Fei, always treating him like a kid. No matter what he did it didn’t seem to irritate her at all, but it didn’t stop him from trying, especially with company to harass. He refrained himself with childishly saying ‘well, duh!’ but no doubt his rolling eyeballs portrayed that meaning well enough.

And now she wanted the slaying brute to leave peacefully, without adding any threats at all! Compensate? Pfft! She was tired, exhausted even, from almost being sucked dry she couldn’t follow up any threats herself, but still she could’ve tried! It’s like she didn’t care what Lore wanted, always me, me, me. So selfish!

Lore leaned against the doorframe with his arms folded against his chest looking at the cosy trio, his pissed look was now that of boredom with a hint of smugness.
He could sense the range of emotions that were being thrown around from them. Interesting. They changed so rapidly from one side to the other in a blink of an eye, he could sense the stronger feelings such as fear, misery and anger, his favourite emotions, but Feilene’s fondness towards her shadow-dwelling pet stayed constant, one emotion he tries to ignore, but was like an annoying buzzing sound that you couldn’t be rid of. Bleh!

“Don’t let me stop you.� Lore said dryly without moving from his spot, knowing both the vampire and Hunter were ready to leave before he appeared. ‘Mother’s milk..?’ that was a new one, and Lore knew a lot of curses as he’s muttered all at them at Feilene, once or a hundred times before.

“So go on, Feilene. Tell your new little pet vamp and hunter everything. I’m sure they’re both enthralled to know what you’ve been cooking up in your spare time.� His nails seemed quite dirty for some reason, ah probably dust from stalking around in the shadows.
Heh, both her and the vamp were exhausted with only ‘Fluffikins’ the were-rat to stop any attack against their vulnerable selves. Hell he wasn’t going to do anything to help. He only hung around for the reversible potion to turn him back into his true, and might he add, terrifying form. So she wasn’t allowed to die (yet) but the demon child couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the vamp.

Then again… It would draw most of her attention away from Lore… And may attract more entertainment like this Lla'rete fellow… That is, if he wasn’t going to sulk with his tail between his legs and let his pray go to her like a good hunting dog… There was some hope yet!

Anonymous

( XD sorry for the wait! )

Feilene heard it straight from her Vampire's mouth and its sounded bad.  Gosh, it didn’t sound like that when she thought about it.  But hearing it from him made her pervious.  It was strange, she felt bad...sort of.  "U-uhm...y-yeah..." She turned to the Vampire and was about to explain when little Lore spoke up again.  "About that...  I-it’s a really, really, really long story..." she mumbled, lowering her head.  She took another pause, letting Lore finish speaking.  I...uh...would like to...explain it to you...in private...if possible..." she whispered softly.  Lore had pretty much lead everybody onto it so far, but it was for the boy to know only.  This stranger didn’t even have the right to be here, let alone be allowed to listen to her story.  Nosy bastard...  Her glasses slid down her nose more, and the scar across her nose was a little more noticeable

"L-lorie dear, c-could you see this man out...?" she ordered gently, still facing the boy.  If he could feel her emotions, then he should be able to understand that he'd better do as he was told.  She never ever showed him anything but love on the outside, but she was serious in her thoughts.  "...Please...?"  She said sternly in her currently weak voice.  "I'd prefer he not be here anymore...  I'm not in the mood..."  She told Lore, who very well knew she meant business under her meek words.  "I'll count it toward your free time later and give you an extension."  She informed him.  And by 'free time', he knew she was talking about the usual allotted time given to him to disregard the effects of his collar and take out his aggression toward her.  

"H-here..." She turned to the stranger and held his sword out to him.  "Take it and forget what you have seen here...  This is none of your concern...  If you do not wish to accept my compensation, then heed my warning...  You do not want to be a part of this..." She warned him.

Rhindeer

Erk.

The slayer guy cursed and stalked toward the back of the room, and Kujin suddenly didn't feel quite so exhausted anymore. With a start, he scrambled to his feet and stepped to the side, making well and sure that Feilene was placed between he and the other man. Neither of them would hurt Feilene--or, at least, he assumed the other guy wouldn't hurt her--but right now, in addition to weariness and stress, Kujin was starting to get irritated. She planned this?! And what the hell was that demon talking about? Pet vampire? Pet?! New pet?

That was when he noticed the collar on the demon. Pet...

What the hell? Were undead and otherworldly creatures exotic pets to her or something? Damn. He'd met a lot of crazies in his life, but...good God. Good job, Kujin. See what happens when you let your heart bleed out? You do stupid things. Like go to a stranger's house. Get distracted by a "puppy". And now? A slayer. And a crazy woman. It just didn't get any better than this.

His attention snapped back over to Feilene when she began to speak to him. "I have time for a really long story. A lot of time. Really," Kujin snapped without meaning to. In private? Would she try and put a collar on him, too? Was she planning on collaring the slayer, even? Oh good lord, would that be interesting! Haha, no. "Unless, of course, that guy--" He nodded curtly in Lla'rete's direction. "--gets a good swing in, but you wanna collar him too, right?" He wasn't really worried at all about this whole "collaring" business--hell, he didn't even know if it was true. Like hell it'd happen, anyway; not a snowball's chance in hell. Nah, he was just angry. This whole situation was seriously weighing on his nerves, and when he got really stressed and confused, he just tended to cope with it in a variety of ways.

Well, okay, so he was wrong about that last part, as Feilene soon proved, practically begging for that demon over there to show the slayer out.

...Except she was giving the slayer back his bloody silver sword! Never mind that the guy still had an axe on him; it was just that that sword seemed far more lethal, illogical as the idea was. Both could cut just as well, after all, and silver or not, he could die just as easily by either of them! Still! He'd prefer having to dodge a non-silver axe than a silver sword, where any little cut would result in mind-blowing agony. He wouldn't even have to be cut by that sword! The guy could just slap him with the flat side and he'd get burned.

"What are you doing?! Don't give him--shit..." Kujin hissed, panic once again replacing anger, but it was already too late to try and prevent her from doing it. Not that he could anyway, because he couldn't touch the sword to begin with. He glanced toward the door, where the demon still stood. Demon. Belonged to Feilene. Had a collar on. Which meant...it would obey. And he didn't know how strong the thing was. Dammit! If not for that one little factor, he would have bolted already. He turned his attention quickly back to the slayer and Feilene. Mostly the slayer, though. Feilene expected the slayer to forget what he saw and just...leave? Arghhh...

Well, maybe the slayer would surprise him! Maybe he'd leave! Probably not, and that stupid demon wasn't helping!

Finally, Kujin sighed and looked at Feilene. "Look, how about I just leave. I escorted you home, you're fine now, and I just had absolutely no idea that you were having guests over. Very rude of me, really. No need to explain. I should have asked. And, seeing as my being here has caused so much drama...I'll just...be off now. Alright? I mean, I don't wanna interfere...you don't have to make your, uh...gentlemanly slayer friend leave on my behalf, Feilene..." he said, and took a tentative step away from the wall and toward the door.

It was by now, despite all his confusion, pretty clear that she probably hadn't invited the slayer over. Yes, he was still horribly confused, but now he was just desperate, and he was starting to, once again, get really, really uncomfortable being in the same room with both an armed slayer and a demon. So...maybe if he played really, really dumb...

Anonymous

Lla'rete quickly accepted the sword, sparing the Vampire an amused smirk at its understandable concern, and turned in an attempt to keep all of his potential foes in his sight. A difficult thing, as the room was rapidly filling and he had quite lost sight of that little doggie that had caused him so much trouble... As at a disadvantage as he was, though, he made sure to at least make a hearty attempt at understanding what was going on. And this woman was rapidly falling out of his favour. A collared werewolf... And an enslaved demon?!

Now Lla'rete knew something of Vampires, not all of it hugely biased, and he knew them for a threat in all circumstances. A vampire was good intentions was still a threat, once the thirst took him. A vampire that seemed totally trapped was still a threat, with all the strange powers and intuitiveness that came so goddam naturally to them. Most likely, a collared vampire would still be a threat as well, perhaps more so if it was as miffed as Lla'rete would be at having a collar put on it.

And why did she want a becollared vampire, anyway? The woman seemed innocent enough, but what with the rather interesting supernatural company she was keeping, and her apparent fetish for creatures of the night, it seemed less and less likely that her intentions were completely pure. And even if she wasn't completely evil, she was definitely maligned, and a poor uninformed person like she obviously was shouldn't be allowed to remain in possession of such dangerous objects. People. Creatures.

Whatever.

The situation had rapidly turned sour, as it so often does, even if it wasn't still turning. The leather-clad slayer didn't care much for diplomacy, and this situation was going to require a shedload of it to defuse without violence. So much for that, then. As little the odds were of everyone leaving this room with all their limbs and a full supply of blood, Lla'rete had often faced worse odds in combat. And he hadn't always ended up with disfiguring scars. A lot of what the others had just said had gone over his head, as well, and killing or disabling most of his present foes was the most likely course of action for not seeming a fool. The girl was something of a conundrum, though. Best not to give her a fatal wound just yet.

Lla'rete smiled to himself. It was happening, the violent side of him was kicking in. He was already thinking in bodily harm. Moving into a defensive stance, best against such odds, the hunter went to draw his weapons, before he noticed that he already was already holding them. Axe for the demon, sword for the... Hey, the vampire's making a break for it! Once more he regretted having not listened, but vampires rarely had anything worth saying anyway.

Naturally he hadn't heard much of what the woman had said, either. But she had given him his hammer back, and there was one nail that most definitely needed whacking... [/i]

Anonymous

The shadow dweller closed his purple eyes with a sigh at being called ‘Lorie dear,’ one hand rubbing his temples, and then let his arms drop limply to his sides, she was being deadly serious and disobeying once was once too many. Ooh no, not gonna make that mistake again. He gave a dramatic sigh indicating he really didn’t want to be bothered with dealing with the slayer, he’d rather watch Lla'rete and Kujin duke it out, of course he’d have to make the odds a bit more even for the vampric wimp to survive long enough to be entertaining… But maybe that would be for another day for now she wanted to tell her new toy the reason why she stalked him for so long, or perhaps she’ll weave a web of half-truths that he wants to believe. In any case, the fun must end for now, at least until she’s finished.  

“You heard her, scram.â€? He said like a badass bodyguard (or at least that’s what he thought he portrayed), purple eyes on the hunter, but now standing up straight, but conveniently still in the doorway.  Maybe he’d move when the slayer made his move to leave.

He could feel the vampire’s emotions which were like a roaring ocean, he felt quite giddy, and somehow the little demon managed to get the idea of Kujin being collared into the night dweller’s head, oh this was brilliant! It was like a buzz from these two now, a rush of uneasy feelings that tickled his senses. Collaring the slayer?
“Oh, she’s only got one.� He blurted, yeah, Natasha’s spare one, but Lore ‘forgot’ to add that little trinket of info. Hehe.

“Leave? So soon?� The demon child played along. “Well, if you must. I’m sure Mr vampire hunter here will escort you home, as he seems eager to leave, just as well as it is late.� Somehow, Lore managed to keep a straight face throughout, but was cracking up inside. He always loved a good hunt.

Now the question was, should he move and allow the fox to bolt with the hound hot on his heels? Or stay and let him stew for a while longer or until one breaks?

Oh! Decisions, decisions!

Lore took a step to the side, a smirk plastered on his face, dark eyes slid back to Lla'rete.

“Didn’t you hear me? Get Lost!�

Anonymous

Feilene lowered her head a little, receiving the tense words from the Vampire.  Then they were followed by Lorie's remarks.  The slayer took his sword and then the boy suggested that he would leave.  Maybe it WAS for the best.  This wasn’t working out at all...  But...if he DID leave, the stupid hunter would just go after him... GAH!  Why did SHE have all the miserable luck??  What the boy had said made her feel bad.  Why was everybody making HER out to be the bad guy??  I mean SERIOUSLY.  A vampire BIT her, and now this stupid slayer BROKE INTO HER HOUSE and WON'T leave.  Jeez...!  Why does nobody care to think about HER feelings...??  

And that’s when tears ran down her cheeks.  She was silent, and just stared downward with a depressed look on her face.  She was totally frustrated right now.  Even Lorie wasn't making her feel any better.  In any other situation, Feilene probably would have let the vampire leave to cool his head, because she knew he'd return eventually, after realizing he needed her.  But with the hunter after him, she feared that the poor boy would be easily overpowered.  He had not yet been able to feed on her long enough to guarantee him enough strength to protect himself.  

Finally realizing that she was crying, she began to wipe away the tears like they weren’t a big deal.  She needed to think about this.  She would lose everything she had been waiting so long for if she didn’t do something to solve this dilemma.

Rhindeer

Only one collar? Ahaha...right. All the better to get the hell out of here.

Even more so since Mister Slayer was now armed to the teeth and looked damned ready to use those weapons, judging by his current stance. Still, after taking one step and getting no real reaction, Kujin kept on walking after that, trying to keep his pace nice and easy and casual--partly because it would be bad to let anyone see how panicky he currently felt--even if he'd already failed that test--and partly because, well...the bloody demon hadn't yet moved and he wanted to give him plenty of time to get out of his way! If he would get out of his way. If not, well, Kujin had decided that this was it, he was leaving, because, hey, the alternative was stay and get chopped up, right? If the demon wasn't going to let him go, he'd take him on if that's what it came down to.

Not something he preferred to do...because it had a nasty tendency to backfire on him and make things even worse, from his experience. His magic was a fickle thing as it was. From his experience, it was just always best to use it as a last resort. And, slowly, it was becoming a last resort now.

Damn he hated demons...

A quick glance over his shoulder showed that the slayer hadn't yet moved, and Feilene was still in place--crying. Crying! Her! She wasn't the one that was at risk for slaughter, here, and she was crying! Gah! Oh, well! He quickly turned his attention back to the other pressing matter--the demon.

And he winced slightly at what he said before correcting his expression and glaring at the brat. Despite the demon's straight face, Kujin just had a feeling he was enjoying this! How could he not? Most demons tended to be sadists from his own experiences with the things, and the kid had certainly looked pleased with himself earlier. Er...right...slayer. He probably would try and "escort" him once he finally made a break for it...

That was when the demon stepped aside.

Damn, finally!

He didn't even glance over his shoulder to make sure of the slayer's position. The minute that demon stepped aside, he bolted out the bedroom door, grappled with the doorknob of the front door, and raced outside. No supernatural abilities for him, unfortunately. He was a good runner only naturally, and though undead, his speed was still only human.

Anonymous

Like all anti-heroic violent people who kill mercilessly based on some groundless grudge, Lla'rete was a sentimentalist at heart. Which is why the sight of Feilene crying sufficed to send his gaze wll-ward enough for the vampire to escape. Not for long, though. Noticing his mistake and uttering another short northern curse, Lla'rete bounded for the door...

... And stopped, awkwardly. The demon was still there. of course, he had originally been telling him to make his own escape, but it had been with a hint of reluctance... But as he was preparing to give chase to the vampire an amused grin was now taking it's place. Lla'rete hated demons, perhaps even more than vampires. But where Lla'rete felt some strange duty to free vampires from their living torture, his loathing of demons stemmed from actual facts. They were seldom merciful. They had little compassion. They enjoyed violence...

That was it. This demon was quite happy about Lla'rete slaying the vampire. He was probably just waiting for the show. No doubt he felt no sympathy towards his mistress's intentions, whatever they were, and, like most demons, he was simply trying to bend the situation to the outcome with most killing.

He could bend all he wanted, Lla'rete wasn't going to let that vampire get away. Resuming his bound with nary a pause, though he spared a second for another glance at the disappointed woman, he was quickly across the threshold and after Kijin.

Finally, back in familiar waters...

Anonymous

((Eeep! Sorry, was very busy!)  

Even before the words:

� “Didn’t you hear me? Get Lost!�

Left his mouth, Lore felt the wind rush past as the fox bolted. He didn’t move, dark eyes still on the hunter who had hesitated suddenly in second thought,

“Your move, mister hunter.�

He whispered under his breath, his lips barely moving and his expression still a dark smirk. He cocked to the right, sensing hatred directed towards him, not that he cared and it was something he come to expect â€" neigh â€" want from most mortals he came into contact with. It almost felt like ecstasy, but the best was yet to come.

His black shadow moved up the wall, inky tentacles reached out and wrapped themselves around his body, pulling the demon into the abyss. Purple eyes stared emotionlessly at his mistress, her self pity and more were bombarding his senses, only his fair skinned head was left, the rest of him was devoured by the shadows.

“Any requests?�

He was feeling generous; after all, he got rid of the slayer for her, extra time for him, so why not try double or nothing? Lore loved a gamble, especially when the stakes were so high.

((XD Sorry couldn’t resist. ^_^ Wheeee! 100th post!! I am an addict!! ... Wait, is that really a good thing?  :? ))

Anonymous

Before she knew it, her vampire had taken off.  He bolted out the door and left, the hunter following soon after.  Her eyes showed a confused look as she stared blankly for a moment.  Wait...   Please don’t go...  They were both gone...only Lorie left.  He spoke to her and her saddened depressed gaze made its way over to the boy as his body was sucked into the shadows.  "Please...lookout for him..."  Was all she said.  Her eyes shifted to the floor and she turned around, her body giving out again.  "He'll come back when he needs to...  So...please... be of some aid to him..." she continued dismally before walking back to bed.  But Lorie knew.  She didn’t have so show it physically for him to get the point.  She was serious.  And he'd better listen.  It was a strange relationship they had.  She practically owned him, but she would allow him to abuse her.  She sat down on the bed, shoulders hunched and she sighed softly.  "And close the door on your way out.  I can't help...my body is too weak..."  She mumbled on tiredly.  

(XD)

Rhindeer

Kujin mentally cursed when the sound of footfalls behind him told him that, yep, the damned slayer was following him. Of course. Still, he'd hoped to get more of a head start than that! Shit. Alright. Think, think, think! He was running from an experienced slayer, quite the difference from the inexperienced ones he'd been able to shake off with no problem at all. That was bad. Very, very bad. Because the guy sounded fast, and even though Kujin was dead, not even he could run forever, and who knew how that guy's stamina would hold up! He needed a game plan, and a good one...and fast. He had drank enough to sustain him, but not quite enough to fully nourish him and give him the energy he really needed for something like this.

And there was just no way he'd be able to give the guy the slip down some random alley--no, alleys were bad...they usually were a dead end--so...okay, right, he had magic. Shit. Magic. But that had a price, and he wasn't sure he was in the condition to pay it. It could just as easily backfire as it could help him, for the source of his magic was blood--his blood, or at least the blood he took into his body. So, when he used magic? It fed off the stores of blood in his body, depleting them, and blood was energy and strength. If he used his magic, Air, and, say...attempted to stall the guy enough so he could escape, even used it to try and bind him...well, he wasn't so sure he had enough strength to do that, and even if he did? After using it, he might not have enough strength to run afterwards!

Shit, shit...way too risky. God he was stupid! He knew he should have just left that woman--

Oh.

An idea struck him, then. Vampire though he was, he had fed. He looked human. More appropriately...he looked like a sixteen-year-old boy, slim and wirey and not all that imposing a figure at all. Desperate times called for desperate measures, and while he'd always hated being trapped in his own body, frozen in time and doomed to never reach physical adulthood...it might come in handy right now.

He could afford to sacrifice a little pride if he'd keep on living as a result. Time to "act his age".

Panting, sides aching, he put on an extra burst of speed and dodged down a random street--or, perhaps not so random, because he chose it as it had a lot of homes lining it. Perfect! Which meant there were probably some families there, some that had children or had even had children before. If nothing else, there had to be some bleeding hearts there. God, he hated being deceptive, but he really had no choice at this point.

Of course, the street he chose just had to be one of those dead-end ones. Fuck. Oh well. No matter. He probably couldn't have run any further if he'd tried with his sides feeling about ready to burst, and for what he had planned, if all went well, he wouldn't have to run much further.

This too had the potential to backfire...but in this situation, he also had a back-up plan. Which...hopefully would work if it came down to it, but hey, it was better than nothing.

Chest heaving as he struggled to catch his breath, he turned to face the street entrance and rested his hands on his knees as he watched for the slayer. "I don't wanna have to hurt you," he called out quietly, breathlessly, assuming the man was close by. "So, please, just let me go...and I won't cause any trouble for you." It was only fair to offer him a warning.

And, if he was lucky, he'd escaped the guy and was really only talking to himself right now!

...Yeah, right.