Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

That was always on fire.

Started by Anonymous, April 30, 2006, 10:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Yahto laughed out loud -she was indecent now? She couldn't help but to grin, deciding she should way day sit down adn write down every name she had ever been called. If she could even remember them all. She was pretty sure there was not a single word she had never been called... She had even been called things in other languages. How fun! All in all, she almost pitied Brinn.

"Yay! Bath!" she exclaimed when he told her about the stream that'd probably lead to a lake.

"Clothing can be such a bitch," she yawned, adjusting her shirt.

"Mmm... a bath... That sounds great," she sighed, but her mind wandered to other things.

"....What if I licked your cheek?" Yahto, out of lack of anything to say, came up with a random thing to ask. She already had different questions in mind.

What would he do? She remembered she had asked one of her female friends that. They looked at her pretty oddly. What would a male stranger react like? Especially one so easily flustered? She just couldn't pinpoint anything with him.

Anonymous

Mmm, a bath indeed... Unfortunately Brinn didn't suppose he'd have the luxury of sprawling out on the grass beneath the sun to dry off afterwards, that was just asking for trouble with this girl around. But still, he'd be able to wash his messy, spikey hair and savour the feeling of "clean" water for a change. ...Evidentally Brinn thought of city water as disgusting. Real water out in nature was clean. ...Sort of.

He was just starting to day-dream a little about a nice cool bath, followed by a warm fire and a hot meal, when he realized he'd just been asked a question. ...A question that certainly got Yahto a very perplexed 'what the fuck?' look in return.

But he actually took a minute to think about it! During that time, his expression went from 'wtf' to confused to embarrassed and then just to uncertainty.

"...Why would you do that?" he finally asked, countering her question with a question. "You aren't a dog." ...And apparently only dogs licked cheeks. Uh... sure.

Anonymous

"Why are you avoiding the question?" She asked after a lingering pause, grinning nonetheless.

She had asked for his reaction -and she had followed it closely. From the 'WTF' to confused, embarrassed, to it's uncertain one of now. With his softened features he definitly was much more cuter. Really, she'd have a horribly fun time pestering him to no end. While, in many ways she could be considered 'sexual', most of her jokes weren't. She was just open, honest, and, well, odd and random. Never a good combination.

"But, in any case, for entertainment. It's just so easy to get at you. And I wonder what you taste like? Although, much better risked after your bath I suppose!"

"...Dogs are cute," she said, somewhat randomly but in relation to his comment.

"So?" She prodded him for an answer. She already had a whole line of random questions, mostly circulating around 'what would he do if she did...'

She shifted the weight of her bag, beginning to hum that outrageously contagious tune that was just stuck in her head. It would not leave. It refused! It just bubbled and swam and just... sat there. It begged to be hum. She swore it did.

Anonymous

Brinn's face scrunched up a little in mild irritation, then smoothed out again back into that bewildered uncertainty. "I don't know..." How many girls asked him that? As for how he tasted... well, he probably tasted of dust and dirt at the moment. Not particularly appetizing. And after a bath, well, he supposed he'd taste like... Brinn. Or skin. Did cheeks really have a particular taste when licked? Brinn hadn't licked many people so it was hard to say.

"I guess I'd look at you weird and start giving you dog commands to see if you listened," he said flatly after another few minutes of thought.

"Any other random questions for me?" Because he didn't mind them. So long as they weren't embarrassing... that licking question hadn't been. It'd just been weird.

...And, dammit, that tune was starting to get stuck in his head now.

Anonymous

Hm, hm, hmmmm. She had some personal questions that could be potentionally embarrassing. But those were saved for later. And her mind simply wasn't there yet. But random questions would do, if only to pass the time.

Dog commands? Hm...

"I'd sit if you let me sit on you," Yahto said cheerfully.

"...And, what would you do if I bit your shoulder?" Along with her rather bad attraction to fire, she also had a slight biting problem.

Yahto liked to bite things, people, or anything that wouldn't break her teeth. That usually included people. Actually, she had bit a few random people while back in the city. The look of sheer... confusion... and... something more complicated on their faces was indescribable. And hilarious. No one expected you to go up to them and bite them.

Actually, Brinn couldn't understand how much self-restraint it was taking her to not bite him. She was extremely tempted to just lean towards him, grab him and bite him. She didn't know why she liked biting people... Maybe because it was fun?

Anonymous

Sit on him? No, that wasn't allowed. 'I'm not a chair,' he thought sulkily. Sitting on Brinn might've resulted in him carrying her and dumping her into the nearest stream or lake. Let's see a normal chair do that!

...Another random question, huh? That one didn't even take a second thought for him to answer. "That depends. Do you have rabies?" Apparently the 'dog' thing was going to be carried on for awhile. It was kinda fun. Though ironic, given that he was the dog and not her. ...Idly, he wondered what she would think of that if he told her. He'd have to eventually, when the full moon got nearer in a week or so.

Brinn didn't do the whole scary shape-shifting thing, but he got so short-tempered as to be dangerous, and being around anyone during that time was a bad, bad thing. It wasn't a fun time for him, and it would be even less fun for anyone within a mile radius of him, as well. If Yahto didn't abandon - ...leave him on her own, he'd need to tell her to go away, and chances were she'd ask why. Sigh. He always hated having to explain that.

Anonymous

"Hm, rabies?" Yahto questioned.

Any normal person probably would've denied that right away. But not Yahto. She -actually- had to think about it for a few seconds before she got an answer. She stared off into space -either she had forgotten what rabies were or was truly wondering if she had it.

"Nope!" She finally said, her lips curling impishly.

"When we go to sleep, can I use you as a pillow?" Yahto asked sincerely.

If she was going to sleep she wanted a pillow. Maybe in the middle of the night she'l use his head as one or something. Although that might scare him -suddenly having her sneak up on him as if she was going to mug him... or rape him or something. Actually, what an interesting threat! She could threaten to rape him constantly!

"If you don't let me use you as a pillow I'll rape you in your sleep," she declared after a moment, grinning brightly.

Then again, how much of a threat was THAT? That was probably mostly a joke. But Lord knows she'd probably attempt it. Which is probably scarier then the threat itself. If she got tempted enough she really would.

Anonymous

Brinn gave her a Look. Smartly, he decided against saying something along the lines of 'try it, I dare you'. Words like that would get him killed with this girl. Or, er, raped, as the case may be.

...Being a pillow wouldn't be so bad, would it? It wasn't like her head would weigh much. If she just used his shoulder or something, he could still get up quickly if something dangerous came around. The only real problem with this whole idea was playing the role of pillow required her to be touching him. And while Brinn wasn't really a 'no touchy!' sort of person, prolongued touch made him a little uncomfortable. In his subconscious, touching = something violent, like... bar fights where he was hitting other people and trying to avoid being hit. People didn't like it much when he bit them, either. Oh well.

"Fine," he finally gave in. "Use me as a pillow. Just don't drool on me or anything. And don't blame me if I get up at dawn and leave you pillowless." That seemed fair enough to him. He was an early riser, even if he stayed up late. Tonight, however, it seemed he just might get to bed at a decent hour. Right after a bath...

Speaking of baths... the stream was starting to widen a little. Then a little more, until they passed through a particularly thick section of trees that opened out into a clearing with a large, still lake about a hundred feet across at its widest point.

Anonymous

"Ee! Good boy. I promise I wont drool," Yahto said, nodding her head vigorously.

"I call first bath," Yahto said, nodding as she began to notice how the lake widened.

Yahto, despite what she decide, wasn't a big touchy-feely person. Actually, she might begin to use him as a pillow in the beginning of the night, if only to be a small pest, but more than likely, later she'd scootch away and sleep by using her sack as a pillow. Either that, she'd climb up in a tree and sleep. Although, the chances of her waking up in the tree was very slim.

Unlike most people, she didn't have a routine her body followed. At times she'd fall asleep late, wake up early, or wake up late... It depended mostly on whatever her body decided to do. Sometimes she woke up early but only wind up becoming active later in the day.

When the lake appeared, she entirely forgot about him and that whole 'indecent' and modest and his easily-embarrassed self. Actually, she began strpping right there. She was pulling off her shirt and kicking off her shoes. She pulled out the extra blanket she determined she'd use as a towel. She wasn't paying much attention to poor Brinn, who if he hadn't turned away quickly was getting an eyefull.

She paused... Was she forgetting something? Not that she recognized... Although, what she was forgetting was that dear-Brinn was her companion for the time being. She was already walking down the vaguely muddy slope, setting things carefully away before walking into the lake, shivering and giggling. It didn't take her long to find the kind of place she liked best to bathe.

Belatedly, as usual, she glanced around the water. Nope, it was generally as clear as a lake could be. It didn't smell bad -and she didn't have that vague sense of impending doom. She knew she was basically safe then.

Anonymous

Poor, poor Brinn... who hadn't, in fact, turned away at all. If Yahto was going to strip in front of him without a care in the world, why should he have to be the one to avert his eyes? ...Besides, it's not like the view was unpleasant.

Even if Yahto wasn't too aware of her surroundings at first, Brinn was. His eyes left his companion to scan the area around them, searching trees and the water and bushes for any sign of something potentially dangerous. He couldn't see, smell nor hear anything, so it seemed safe enough to leave her to bathe while he tended to other things.

"I'm going to gather firewood," he called out to her, and without waiting for an answer he half-disappeared amongst the trees in search of suitable wood for a fire. His pack he left at the base of a tree within sight at all times, and Brinn took his time clearing away some of the dead leaves and brush to make room for not only a fire, but for Yahto and himself to lay down as well. If he turned facing North, he could see straight through the trees to the lake and, coincidentally (or maybe not) where Yahto had chosen to bathe.

...Okay, so the view was excellent as far as he was concerned, though he tried not to stare too much. It wasn't proper, after all. He busied himself with the gathering of wood, arranging it in the center of the little area he'd cleared. Somewhere along the line, he found himself humming that same damned tune Yahto'd been humming on their walk from the city. Sigh.

Once the wood was gathered and everything about the little camp looked satisfactory, Brinn dusted off his hands (and only managed to get more dust on his clothes and face. He looked like a puppy that'd been rolling in the dirt) before heading back to the lakeside to check on Yahto and make sure she hadn't drowned or been eaten.

Anonymous

"Alrrighttt," she said in reply to his going to get firewood. She was more fixated on her hair and quietly damning herself for forgetting to take out the hairwraps on the twin 'tails' of her hair. Which were now wet, thanks to her wonderful memory.

After the mandatory bath she lounged a bit. Trying to squeeze out every last drop of water from the hair wraps, combing her fingers through her hair and making sure there was no possible dirt left on any inch of her body. After the first few minutes of washing. At times she got somewhat obsessive about cleanliness. Other times she got so lazy as to not even bathe for a few days. It depended on how she felt.

Yahto had tilted back her head, staring the clouds, then at the muddy shelf and all around her, taking in everything and treading water with the greatest of ease. She smiled lazily -feeling in that kind of lull you get after being so energetic... or kind of sleeping. It was just a lovely sluggish feeling, that it didn't matter what happened and happiness would constantly be perserved.

But that was never truly the case. She dunked her head, brushing her hands through her hair, twitching whenever her foot came into contact with anything slimy or any kind of branch that had fallen into the lake over time. She couldn't even look at the bottom of the lake out of paranoia. She didn't really want to know what was there. You could never know what was lurking in a lake! Anyway, if she touched sliminess, it was very possible it'd be kicked up and coat her body.

And after all that work to get a bath! Sheesh. That'd be useless.

When Brinn appeared on the lakeside she lifted her head from the water and waved, smiling. She seemed... more subdued. Water always did that. That's why she didn't stay in water too long. She always seemed to slow down, which was okay, but she got too lazy, too sluggish... and the lull sometimes deepened to sleep. And, well, drowning would positively suck as far as she was concerned.

Doing some easy strokes she carefully got out of the water. She didn't bother to cover herself up or anything. Modesty? Proper? Pssht! What did she care? Actually, she couldn't see anything wrong with it. She grew up in a home where it was perfectly acceptable to walk around nude. Living with females did that -no males to be embarrassed in front of. But her sisters were 'crazy' and bold, and it rubbed off on her. Actually, her mother was just as 'crazy'. As far as Yahto was concerned, she'd done worse. And really, this was natural form. What everyone was born in.

She yawned and grabbed the sheet she had stolen and rubbed her hair and then wrapped it around her body a few times. Although white and otherwise thin, being wrapped offered layers, thus it covered her nicely. Yahto stuck her feet determinedly into her shoes, perplexed that they were slightly dirty after walking onto land. She'd fix the damn dirt's ass! After she was dried and dressed she'd definitly rewash her feet. Yessiree! Like to see that dirt try to get her feet now!

"Hello-hello! Your turn! Did you set up?" She asked, referring to camp as she grabbed her sack, remembering all those things she had forgotten.

Such as a brush. Damnit. She dropped the hairwraps into her sack and picked up her clothing, looking at them with scruntiny. She then tucked the end of her sheet-towel inside a few layers so it'd stay up without her help. She'd have to definitly fix her clothing... She had a few holes. Damnit all.

Anonymous

Brinn probably wouldn't have stopped her if she felt so inclined to go through his pack in search of a brush. There was one burried in there. Somewhere. He so rarely used it - why bother? his hair was spikey and messy no matter how much he brushed it. Usually he'd comb it after a bath, so that it wouldn't dry all tangled, and even when wet poor Brinn looked like a hedgehog.

This time, he tried to politely avert his eyes when Yahto walked by stark naked. Though it was more for his own sake than hers - he could already feel his cheeks reddening.

"Yeah. I'll start the fire up when I'm done," he muttered.

And now it was his turn to start stripping, which, really, he didn't have much of a problem doing in front of a girl. There was nothing to be ebarrassed about his body, and he was far too used to bathing in streams, ponds and lakes with complete disregard for who might see him. If Yahto had any weird want to watch him, that was her deal.

He shucked off his shirt, belt and sword, yanked off his boots and made his way closer to the water where he skimmed out of the rest of his clothes before wading in. It was cold enough to send goosebumps along his arms and a shiver up his spine, but really, he found the shock quite pleasant.

Anonymous

Yahto considered him in his naturalality. She regarded him as she would as if he had his clothes on. Not that she didn't like what she saw, it was just that even naked males failed to surprise or even bother her. And to her, she had far more immediate and pressing matters -such as sewing those goddamned holes in her clothing and cleaning off her feet... And wrapping her hair back up. That would be a prick, as usual. But she didn't mind the inconveniences, usually.

"Mmkayyy," Yahto said, a yawn tailing her words as she gathered her things, waving lazily as she wandered to the camp, sitting down and grabbing her sack.

She grabbed a needle and managed to insert the thread through the eyehole. Of course, not before repeated stabbings and tiny pinpricks of blood to well-up. She glared and frowned and cursed until she finally got the string through the needle. Which, in all the glory that is Yahto, she pumped her fist and exlaimed, "GOT YOU, BASTARD!" Quite enthusiastically.

She then set to work, sewing with a focus that seemed uncharacteristic and domestic of her. You see, regardless of her and her family's insanity, it surprisingly enough consisted of sewing. Yes. Her mother was a seamstress. And, as it was, her and her sisters also learned that skill. As tiresome as that was.

When she finished with that she set it aside, stretching soemwhat. She sighed softly and brushed her fingers through her hair, growling slightly at the tangles but managing to pull them apart with some viciousness (and many protests from her poor scalp). Yahto, who was convinced her hair was devil incarnate, growled again and pulled the 'tails' of her hair over her shoulders and began to the somewhat 'tedious' task of wrapping the bandage around it. Why did she even do it anyway? Some where fashion statement? Hell, she didn't know anymore. It was... habit.

The thought of getting dressed seriously did cross Yahto's mind. But between the lazienss of simply sitting there, she favored being a bum. The simplicity of sitting there, staring at the ground, or trying to get a glimpse of Brinn through the trees, was contenting all in itself. Actually, she found herself slowing down more from it, even lightly snoozing, although still sitting indian-style on the ground, head tipped forward, but surprisingly alert to sounds.

Anonymous

He was in absolutely no hurry to get out of the water, even after he was done washing. His hair and skin felt clean again, and it would continue to feel as such if he never had to get out of the lake. Enjoying himself, he swam around the lake a few times, out to its center to try and see how deep it was (he never did find out), and then seeing how long it took him to swim from one side to the other and back again.

By the time he decided to get out, he'd gotten in a good while of exercise and was tired, clean and content. Moving up onto shore, he tried to dry his hair by scrunching his hands through it, and wandered around the outside perimeter of the lake while he dried off. No sense in getting his blanket all wet for such a thing, and he hadn't thought to buy any towels. Feeling the droplets of water cold on his skin until they faded away was too pleasant an experience anyway.

When he finally returned to "camp", he was at least in his pants with his boots, shirt, belt, etc in hand. He tossed the bundle down by his back, knelt and dug the blanket out for himself. It was nice and thick, and large so that he could lay it on the ground for sitting or laying on, and double it over to cover him as well. After that he dug farther into his pack, retrieving some of the bread from earlier as well as some dried, salted meat and some cheese, then plunked down in front of the wood in the center of their camp to get a fire going before he started eating.

Brinn didn't say a word to Yahto the entire time. Really, it was only because he was so used to being alone during times like this; he had no idea what to say.[/i]

Anonymous

By the time he returned she had already dressed and beat out the sheet. She had even managed to wrap the tails of her hair! Yahto was contemplating her possessions by the time he returned. She had travelled with a few personal belongings but now.. well, they were lost. Who knew where she lost them, but they were gone. Ironic, considering she was such a thief you'd think she'd hang on to something as important as her -OWN- property.

She packed everything away carefully -she wasn't ready to go to sleep or anything of the sort. Yahto felt some of her energy return -but not in its previous vast quanities. Goddamn the stupid lake! She was vaguely hungry, but since she didn't want to bother Brinn for food she took out a cigar, managing to light it without burning her finger. Another feat of the day!

She took a long puff on her cigar and leaned against a tree, looking up into the branches and then back around the area. Its been awhile since she actually went camping... Well, at least like this. Usually, she didn't have anything with her, besides some constant essentials, and just... slept out on the ground. But that was usually because she just wanted to lie low after an extreme encounter in a city or town.

"Have a nice bath?" She asked, organizing and reorganizing her things inside the sack, out of boredom and sheer perfectionism. She couldn't stand when it looked so.... bulky

Anonymous

Brinn looked almost startled at the sound of her voice, and he lifted his head from his fire-starting attempt and actually quirked a small smile at her before looking down again. "I did, yes. The water was nice." And he was calm again, looking unlike anything he'd been while in town. There was still that tension in his shoulders that made him look uptight all the time, but his expression was softer, and he was much more content. Yes. The forest was definitely where he belonged.

It took an attempt or ten before a spark caught, and then some careful prodding of sticks to get a small fire going that would grow on its own as it spread out to the rest of the wood Brinn had gathered. He rocked back, studied the flames for a long moment, and then settled down with his back to one of the nearby trees with his legs outstretched to warm his feet by the fire.

After only the first small bite of cheese, he glanced across at Yahto. "Are you hungry?"

Anonymous

(Hope you don't mind some random... things... It was all I could do for some action... considering I suck at it otherwise)

Yahto noticed the disappearance of the tension, the subtle softness that crept in his face and she couldn't help but smile. How interesting - he seemed far more at home in the forest then any town or city, she'd guess. It brought a few questions, the serious kind, lingering around this person she wound up following. What was it about him? Did he grow up in the woods? Did he simply hold contempt for most races? Bad memories...? What? There had to be something that made him detest cities and towns. But, she knew, it was not her place to say nor ask.

"Hm?" She had been so focused on those questions, and taking puffs off her cigar to even notice his question.

"...Oh," she said, lifting her eyebrows slightly. "Nah," she said, lying with the shake of her head.

As much as she stole, she found that fair and square, if she stole from the right people. Which she didn't always do, so she did feel some guilt. But he was offering her things, and she wasn't quite used to that. It was unusual, and she had already inconvenienced him so much, thus far. And place, how could she pester and pick on a man who actually offered her things? So, if she didn't take them, she wouldn't feel as guilty. Eventually, the power of her amusement would overtake such folly things.

A second too late and the arrow's tip scathed her cheek. She managed to jerk back, cracking a hand sizzling with a multi-colored energy at the arrow, knocking it to the ground. She frowned at it and picked it up, her eyes curling along the shaft and feathers. She already knew it belonged too. She waved her hand at Brinn so he wouldn't retense or... freak... or, something.

"This has nothing to do with you," Yahto said cheerfully, looking in the trees.

"Ahh, where are you m'love?" She spoke louder, resting a fist on her hip as she examined the arrow more closely.

Yes. There was no mistaking that it belonged to that slight, boyish young woman. So it seems Mika was at it yet again. She frowned slightly and sighed, gray eyes wavering over the trees once more. Where had the arrow...?

"You can't hide forever, Mika-dear.... And, before I die, I'd love to know WHY I'm going to die," Yahto said, brow lifting as she laughed merrily -like this was some joke when the blood on her cheek declared otherwise.

"Your interference on the survival -you were our downfall," Mika said, lightly descending and landing in front of Yahto.

Small, slight, boyish, but female with dark eye, gold eyes, fangs, and claws. She was much more feral in appearance then she was in town. She seemed almost surprised that Yahto wasn't in her Wild, just as she was. But Mika didn't know Yahto as much as she wished she did.

"Disgusting, improper, just like your mother," Mika said, baring a fang at Yahto.

"Am I? I'll relay that message to my mother," Yahto said, seeming highly amused by this conversation thus far.

"What worth? There had been so much hope for you, you know... They all had wished that you would carry your father's blood. But no - your body rejected it, jus as your sisters. All wild and folly," Mika snapped, arms crossed, the bow and quiver at rest on her back.

"Hahahaha! Yes we did! With pride, might I add. There was no room for reason in such a madwoman's house!" Yahto laughed, almost hysterically and glared at Mika.

"The reason you came for was revenge, petty reasons pushed on you. Oh, yes... and your own hatred," Yahto said, smirking at this revelation.

"If only you hadn't. We'dve been so happy... Why did you have to do it?" Mika asked brittly.

"If I hadn't you'dve regretted it. And what pride would there have been to kill an innocent one like that? Eyes wide and full of wonder... Remember when you were like that, sweet-one? I couldn't let you destroy such simplistic beauty," she said, flicking a hand, puffing heavily on her cigar.

"You know I loved you. That had been the only way to stop you. I'm almost surprised I hadn't decimated your heart. I know very well you were aiming for my lungs," Yahto said, brows lifting up to encourage the truth from Mika.

"You startled me! You got in the way.. and..." Mika finally seemed to register Brinn.

"....We'll have this conversation later... you've become so dirty. The forest suits an animal such as you," Mika said lowly.

"Ah! And wouldn't you know best of all, Mika?" Yahto said, rising laughter in her throat - while Mika's eyes filled with rage and quickly disappeared from sight.

"Well! How interesting! I'm sorry you had your peace disturbed. I didn't think she'd appear so suddenly or when you were around," Yahto said, although light, she was smoking on a stressed level - taking repeated puffs and her gray eyes narrowed slightly.

Anonymous

He heard the arrow in the air, and was on his feet by the time Yahto had knocked it away. His eyes stared at the blood on her cheek, and he hadn't even time to ask if she was okay before the new voice was speaking and he was too curious not to listen.

Brinn turned full circle until his eyes locked onto Mika descending to the forest floor, and on Mika they intently stayed. She wasn't far away from him, standing there talking to Yahto, and Brinn had a low growl in the back of his throat working its way louder and louder while he bared his fangs. It didn't matter that he didn't know Yahto well, she was his travelling companion for the time-being, and he felt a sort of odd loyalty to keep her safe. And he would have been angry if she'd interfered with his business regarding someone he knew, he would be respectful and wait until he thought he was needed. Still, his curiosity kept him quiet as he listened, on edge and ready to lunge the second Mika showed any signs of attacking Yahto again.

He didn't understand much of what was said - the insults tossed back and forth and -- love? Well, that part was interesting. Did that mean Yahto was interested in women? Huh. Also interesting. ...For a lesbian, she certainly liked to pick on him in a (weirdly) kind-of-not-really flirtasious way...

Before he had time to comptemplate everything said, the strange, wild-looking girl was gone and he was left growling at nothing but air. That seemed to take the windo ut of his sails, and he relaxed a little, looking to his companion. From feral-looking wolf to confused puppy in less than five seconds. "Who was that?"

((ooc: Pardon my lame replies. I'm at work, it's hard to concentrate here. x_X;; Do you by chance have a pic of Yahto~? ))

Anonymous

(It's okay! XD I don't have any uploaded pictures of Yahto, and they are REALLY sucky. I have to try drawing her again =/)

She had been remembering, caught up the situation that led to the ultimate failure of Mika's family, and the destruction of their relationship. Yahto had, indeed, interferred. She had protected the child, and had given a cancelling blow to Mika. It was surprising neither was dead, but both still felt the vague ache in their bodies. It had been in a hard desicion, but how could she allow Mika to live with the horrible guilt of killing a child?

"...Ah?" Yahto blinked her gray eyes, looking at him and holding her cigar aloft.

"Oh! Sorry. That was Mika, an old girlfriend of mine," she said, and then realized that many of her actions didn't much make sense, as she seemed to aim all her sexual 'advances' at the male persuasion.

"I'm bisexual," she offered, shrugging.

"Like I said, sorry about that... Mika got carried away again," Yahto didn't seem condescending, but actually quite fond of the other woman, but she also seemed somewhat sad, and even motherly.

With a sigh, she thought about Mika. She was much different from herself -shorter temper, a severe stubborness, and at times a closed mind. She could be the most difficult person in the world... But, yet, that never changed anything about how Yahto felt. Maybe it was because she felt amused by her actions. You know, Yahto just loved to tease and didn't even mind to be teased.

She loved to laugh.[/quote]

Anonymous

The feeling of now knowing something a bit more personal about Yahto both pleased Brinn and made him a little uncomfortable. It was nice to see there was more to her than teasing, fire-starting and being a pest, but at the same time, he never knew what to do with people when even the slightest bit of personal information started to be revealed. Brinn nodded his head a little in understanding, trying to think of something semi-intelligent to say in this kind of situation. Yahto seemed nostalgic about that Mika-girl, and for that, Brinn felt sympathy. There were people he missed that didn't particularly like him anymore, too.

"I, uh..." he trailed off, ran a hand back through his spikey hair and scratched the back of his head. "I had a girlfriend once too; she doesn't like me much anymore," he same lamely, at a loss for anything smart to say. He tried to recover by warily asking, "Why don't you two get along?" ...Maybe that was stupid. They weren't girlfriends anymore for a reason, and that reason was likely none of Brinn's business.

((ooc: Aw. ;_; If you get a chance, draw her or send me one you have! :D I need a reference pic. Kind of wanting to draw these two, and I suck at going by written descriptions almost as bad as I suck at writing descriptions. x_X; ))