Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

That was always on fire.

Started by Anonymous, April 30, 2006, 10:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

(XD! Indeed)

Yahto closed her eyes tighter, mumbling something and turning and biting his thigh before pulling back, managing to climb off his lap without putting her hands in awkward places. Not that she did that on purpose or would mind any which way, he was just lucky her hands hadn't accidentally wandered. She stretched slightly, eyes bleary for a split second before clearing as if she was suddenly... jacked up on sugar, or something. She blinked and looked around. Were they being watched? She suddenly got that creepy feel, too.

"Oh. Rise and shine? You forgot the "sunshine" part. Sheesh. I'd say that to YOU, if it ever came down to it," she said, laughter bubbling up in her voice as she pulled herself into a stand, using the tree as an aid.

She twisted and pulled until every kink in her body was forcibly removed -which resulted in minor amounts of pain- and some cute face contortions. Yahto glanced at Brinn's face, wondering if he felt it too and if that's why she was now awake.

"You really are comfortable <3" She complimented him, brushing off her legs and ass, thinking about what could possibly be watching them and why -and wondering if it was an animal.

Afterall, Mika wouldn't come back so soon -especially not when she was around Brinn. And this was totally not Mika's style. Mika was... very impulsive. If she saw her in Brinn's lap, Mika would have attempted homicide, and of who? Well, Yahto just wasn't sure of that one. But she was certain that Mika would ultimately lose in any fight that would happen. Why? Well... Yahto didn't like to lose. She was a talented individual at twisting around everything so, in some odd way, she could win. Even if it ended with her saying, "I don't care. I think what I think's right, which means, in my mind, I've one. Technicalities don't count."

Anonymous

Brinn's eyes were watching the trees, though he didn't seem particular worried. Perhaps 'annoyed' was more the correct word. 'Why can't people just leave me alone? It's still a few days until the full moon.'

Sighing, he got up slowly and proceeded to arch and twist a little to work the stiffness out of his limbs. The fire was already out for the most part, but he kicked some dirt into it just to be safe.

"We should get moving," he announced, looking up at the trees again and then over at Yahto. "If you're still planning on coming with me, that is." Which would have made things easier for him, but... not neccesarily more pleasant. He wanted to savor having company for as long as he could.

Anonymous

Yahto noticed that he seemed.... annoyed? And it didn't seem directed to her, so she wasn't quite sure WHY he was annoyed. If anything, she'd probably find out in time. So she traced her fingertips along the inside of her arm, a small little habit that showed calmness. She hardly ever knew she did it - but it felt good, so she almost always did it. It seemed to express when she was calm. And mostly, regardless of her being hyper she pretty much was always calm.

"Of course I plan to come with you. What else am I gonna do? Besides, I'm supposed to be your stalker, 'member?" Yahto said brightly, going over to her things and picking it up with a small grunt.

"Lead the way, Mr. Brinn, roar," She said, glancing at him, a brow slightly arched over a gray eye.

Anonymous

Lead the way? Hooboy, she acted as though he knew where he was going. Still... Might as well pick a direction (away from the city) and get going.

Brinn tugged on his belt and sword, got his things situated and hoisted his bag up over his shoulder before choosing a direction somewhere North and heading that way. For now, he decided they would just look for the most secluded place he could find, spend the full moon there, and make his way onto the next city. Funny, it was his usual routine but with someone like Yahto along, it made him question why he wasn't doing something more with his life.

"Hey..." he began absently, picking his way away from their campsite and through the trees. "What do you do? I mean... Do you just travel around or do you have some sort of purpose or something?"

Anonymous

Yahto followed, carefully taking the least troubling trail for her. She tripped about twice, and broke into giggles each time. She steadied herself against a tree, only for a moment before catching back up with Brinn, deciding to be more careeful with her feet. Afterall, you never know that the next trip make break her foot, or worse, her neck. That would definitly be a large inconvenience on her part.

"Mostly, I just travel. I have people I know just about everywhere, and through them I keep track of my family. If I hear someones sick, I send things to them. I don't know. I just get sick of places easily, I love moving to different places, meeting people... And the whole... me stealing and setting things of fire is another large excuse to keep moving around," Yahto said, stretching her arms out in front of her.

"Even when I left home, I never had an actual purpose. I just got up one day and left. I got bored with them, it was the same thing everyday. I like being unpredictable, or having unpredictable things go on around me," it was hard to ignore the rise of excitement in her voice as she talked about unpredictability, about difference in life.

"But I occasionally have goals. Like getting a job. Or stealing. Depends on the day," Yahto added, tugging at the hair across her face for no particular reason.

Anonymous

"Hnn." Brinn picked his way along carefully, ducking below a low branch and straightening up again. He looked over his shoulder at his companion. "Sounds like fun, though. Interesting, if nothing else. I bet you've met some fascinating people. And drove every one of them insane." But he quirked a tiny smile as he said it.

"And be careful, would you?" he said wearily after noticing the second time she tripped. "You're going to break your ankle - or worse, your neck. And if that happens, I'm going to have to carry you." Though she didn't look like she was particularly heavy, it still would've been tiring to trek through the forest with a hundred pounds plus of extra weight on one's back.

"Really, so completely ungraceful you are--" he turned to face forward again, and... his face was promptly met by another low branch he'd not seen coming. Graceful indeed.

Anonymous

"Ohhh, Brinn, you wound me, you really do!" Yahto said dramatically at his comment about driving people insane. Not that she minded, which was well-stated by the slight curl to the corner of her lips.

"Aw! A true gentleman! You'd carry me? Aww, Brinn, you're so sweeet, y'know that?" she laughed and then smiled lightly when he was beginning to tell her how ungraceful she was.

Actually, he never got that far. As soon as he was hit in the face with the branch she paused and then burst into a fit of giggles. She couldn't help it! HE was talking about HER lacking grace! And look it him! He was hit int he face with a branch! Hahaha!

"Oh? And I crown you Queen Graceless," Yahto grinned, walking towards him, leaning up and licking his cheek, leaving with a giggle and ducking under the branch and turning to him slightly.

"Are you gonna be able to make it past the branch this time?" she grinned playfully and waited for him... since he was leading the way, not her.

(i am so horrible. shitty posts. and RARELY. goddamnme. I'll pick up once my muse returns... promise ><)

Anonymous

"Oh shut up," Brinn groaned, rubbing the red mark across his face as he slowly got to his feet. Jeez, of all the things in the world to knock him down... He'd faced werewolves, dragons, mages, hunters and Gods knew what else, and here he was floored by a tree.

He gave said tree a baleful scowl as he moved past it, managing to duck under the branch appropriately this time. Owww. At this rate, Yahto was going to break her neck and Brinn was going to break his skull.

And somewhere in the back of his brain, he knew they were still being followed. It wasn't really a threatening presence and he knew from experience dealing with her that she'd have probably made herself seen if Brinn had called her out - but she was probably observing Yahto more than him at this point to try and figure out who - and what - she was.

Pausing and glancing back, Brinn frowned. "...Why don't you make yourself useful for a change?" He called out to Yahto. "Go find us some fruit up in the trees." Because she seemed much more capable of branch-bouncing than he was. He took to trees as well an ostrich took to air.

((It's okay. XD; I've been so ungodly busy lately, so I haven't had a lot of time to check back anyway. Take your time~))

Anonymous

Yahto could only grin in a sweet, sadistic-hinted way. Really, the red mark looked painfully funny across his face. It didn't much matter, as she cavorted amongst the shrubs and tangling and (homicidal) tree roots. Of course, it was only a wonder how she was managing to not fall on her ass, which she almost did a few times, or break her neck. But, that was probably part of the mystery of Yahto. How she managed to do half the things she did - it all seemed by sheer luck. You always wondered if that luck would ever run out - or maybe that was all Yahto's doing. Who knew, right? It was at least funny to watch her prance around, at complete random, no doubt.

".........." Tree? She spun around and stared at him. Make herself useful? Then what kind fo Yahto would she be? Well, one with purpose and probably not-so-annoying qualities if she redeemed herself with crawling up a tree and getting food. But... Nah.

She stuck out her lower lip in a pout, at him. Really, could she call herself a grown-up? Uh, well, probably not. So, she just stared at him with her gray eyes, as if she knew some joke he didn't. There wasn't much of a chance she was going to crawl her ass up a tree. Unless.... no, she wasn't really in the mood. She had this feeling she'd fall. Or maybe she just felt dramatically lazy and was trying to correct it with an excuse.

"I don't wanna!" She said, sounding the part of a pouty child. She even crossed her arms over her chest for extra measure, turning around carefully - knowing it'd screw up the moment if she suddenly face-planted.

"What if I fell? Would you catch me?" She asked him, seemingly rather serious.

Anonymous

Brinn paused at that, running a hand through his hair and scratching the back of his head. "Stupid question..." he muttered, advancing forward again. Of course he would catch her! What (pathetic) knight in (no) shining armor would let a girl fall to (what was possibly) her death?! Certainly not Brinn.

Besides, as obnoxious as he found his companion, he was growing a little fond of her and of the company she provided. Things would be a bit lonely when she was gone, and he'd rather it not be sooner than later because she's fallen and broken her neck.

Sigh.

"Fine... I'm going to climb up and look for food, then. I'm hungry." He was usually hungry, though. He was a big guy, and tended to need a lot of nourishment! Or something.

He stopped, started sliding the back off his shoulder and looked up into the trees. ...Okay. So who was going to catch him if he fell? But, dammit, there was fruit up there... he could smell it!

Anonymous

"Brinn-love, if you fall the ground will break your fall! And then I'll go get help, okay?" She said, blowing him a kiss and winking.

"Really though, be careful," she told him, the inflection of her voice more serious and the slight genuine concern shadowed her words. She went to the base of the tree and looked up into the branches and then turned to Brinn.

"Hey, hey, never mind. I'll do it, I'll do it," she finally said, waving her hand at him.

If he had asked her, maybe there was a reason - maybe he didn't like heights or he wasn't tree savvy. Or maybe he really didn't want to do it, but it was about time to do something useful, she supposed. She was just now convincing herself that he was lucky he had met her and not one of her sisters who would have made him climb up the tree. And they were much more wild than she was, actually. And hazardous. They were dangerous... err, yeah there was always a risk when you were doing anything with Yahto, but they were more so. See? Isn't he lucky? That, in itself, could possibly be a debateable issue.

Yahto dropped her things carelessly, tugging on wayward lock of bangs that fell between her eyes before grasping branches and climbing up carefully. She never understood why she took climbing trees so seriously. She had never fallen out of one - hell, no one she knew had ever fallen out of a tree. Maybe it was the fact she wasn't really a creature made for climbing around in a tree and she respected the fact that the ground was more her style where a tree was not. Afterall, who the hell knew what lived in a tree, right?

...Yeah. NOW, when she was more than halfway up the tree she remembered that things lived in them. And on them. And comfortably made pitstops in them. Wonderful! Oh well! What could you do? It'd be a little funny, maybe, to play around in a tree. Hehe, she could be a squirrel! That'd be fun. Squirrels were so cute with their bushy little tails!

"...Brinn, what am I doing up here again? I forgot... Oh! Fruit, right? Fruit... fruit.. where are youuuu?" She said, leaning against a branch, and... there it was. Surprisingly (or not so) it was pretty much all around her. Yay for density!

Yahto climbed out along the branches and grabbed some fruit, humming to herself before pausing. She blinked as she tilted her head, coming eye-to-eye with a... thing. It looked like a cross between a monkey and a dog. Was that even possible? Wow, dogs were horny little creatures but never could guess that it'd get so horny as to have fun with a MONKEY!

"Hey, Brinn, could a dog and a monkey mate?" She said as the creautre started barring it's fangs and growling at her.

"That's very rude Mr. Thing! VERY rude!" She scolded the thing. "Hey! Watch it or I'll bite off your tail!" She growled back at the monkey-dog as it took a swipe at her face.

"He's just as grouchy as you, Brinn!" She called down playfully, then grabbed a fruit, ignoring the little creature as he scurried up a few branches, but was still keen on watching her.

"Anyway. Heads up!" She said, tossing some fruit down at Brinn, figuring it'd only be a bonus if he got smacked in the head. "Damnit! Don't throw those things at me! They hurt you stupid monkey-dog. I WILL cook you! Really," she said, although she didn't sound convincing, considering she was half-laughing, decked in the face with an acorn.

After she tossed down a few more fruit, of course now with twigs and acorns making home on her body she managed to scramble down the tree, laughing and saying threats to the little animal that didn't like her so much. Of course, she pretty much tripped down the last two branches and landed on her ass, laughing.

"That was the most adorable thing I had ever seen!" She giggled and stuff, shaking her head and pulling acorns from her shirt, and producing a piece of fruit for herself and brushing herself off.

"Meanie! Making me climb allll the way up THERE," she told Brinn, pointing up.

"With the evil monkey-dog!" She added, shaking her head. "You're such a meanie."

And guess what. She was smirking a hell of a lot while she said it, too.

Anonymous

Brinn watched her shimmy up the tree and moved forward to the base of it, squinting up after her worriedly. Hey, he said if she fell, he would catch her, and he stood there just for that purpose! It was hard to see exactly what she was doing, but as long as she was talking and laughing, he figured she must be alright.

'Can a dog and a monkey mate?' ....What?

"I dunno," he muttered flatly, "lets mate and find out." ...Hopefully she didn't hear that. (Well, he WAS a dog and she was the one climbing around like a monkey in the tree!

That thought was interupted when one of the fruit thwacked into the side of his head. Owie! But at least when the other pieces started to fall, he began catching them with ease before they could hit the ground. Wow. He hadn't told her to pick the whole tree! But at least they would have a good snack to keep them energized while they walked! Too bad fruit never held for more than a few days.

Brinn was already munching on a piece when Yahto returned to the ground, and he blinked and reached out to pluck an acorn from her hair. "Nice. The tree-look really suits you." Oh, and thanks for the fruit or something. Yeah. Ahem.

Anonymous

Too bad she hadn't heard that mating comment! Imagine the fun Yahto could've had with that kind of comment!

She blinked when he plucked the acorn from her hair, pouting. The tree look really suited her, hm? Where was the gratitude? Where, in the world, was the APPRECIATION? Yahto stepped up to him, leaning onto her tip-toes to get as even with him as she could before making a 'displeased' face at him.

"Thanks, Yahto! You're so beautiful and useful! You climb a tree so GRACEFUL! You're so amazing! Thank you so much for the fruit! I'm so useless!" She said, deepening her voice and shrugging, tilting her face away and landing on the flat off her feet again, impersonating him.

"Oh! Brinn, you CAN be useful! And you're even a little cute. Don't so hard on yourself. But you're very welcome about the fruit!" She then responded to herself, waving her hand dismissively at Brinn.

"Appreciation? Gratitude? Heaven's sake!" She said, turning around, although the slight curl of her lip could only mean she was really enjoying this.

Yahto crouched down, picking up a stray fruit. She peered up into the branches of the tree, the outstretched limbs, and for a moment she completely forgot herself. And still, she couldn't detect the little monkey-dog up there. Hm, maybe she'd see it again some day?