Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So a heathen, a heretic and a God enter the city... [Shizzy]

Started by Rhindeer, March 21, 2007, 01:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Poor Nexus, indeed, because bright and cheery was Niamh's style. After all, she'd come from the desert and grown up a sun worshipper. She liked bright things! It made her feel alive and awake while dark things she just regarded as depressing and dreary. Of course, she had no idea about Nexus' apparent aversion to things that were too bright, and as for foul smelling things, well...Niamh did like her candles and incense. Such things were hard to come by and far too expensive for her family so at home they only had cheap candles made of animal fat that they used during special holidays for rituals and prayers. At the temple, however, she discovered the wonders of incense and scented candles made of wax and she fell in love with them. The temple could afford such things, of course. Everyone gave money to the temples.

Nexus could afford those things, too!

However, make their home to their specifications...? Er. There was a "they" in there, of course, meaning Nexus, too. While she'd stayed at inns with him and travelled with him and slept near him, and while she trusted him...she didn't quite know if she trusted his decorating sense! It could be...interesting. Then again, he might surprise her. He did have a thing for silk, she'd noticed, so maybe everything wouldn't turn out being all...weird?

Ah well, guess she'd find out soon enough one way or another. Wouldn't do anything to wonder.

Niamh couldn't help but finally laugh at Nexus, and she even shifted her sandwich to one hand so she could tug at a lock of her hair near her face, pulling it forward and pretending to examine it intently, eyes wide with mock awe. "Whoa, seriously? Oh, look at that, you're right! I am blonde! I never would have guessed that, I always thought my hair was red. Huh. Dunno about the blue eyes thing, though. I mean, it's not like I ever look in a mirror, I'm not sure if I trust you on that one," she answered back with a smirk, rolling said blue eyes at him. Light he was strange sometimes. But it was amusing at least! She didn't mind that, she rather enjoyed bantering with him--especially when he was, ahem, being good. Besides, it just suited her personality.

She always had loved banter, debate, and even arguments. She got into them often, too, because she never had learned to keep her mouth shut.

Shaking her head, Niamh went back to munching on her sandwich when Nexus started talking about curtains, but then she paused, swallowed, and frowned a little. "Hrm, alright, fine. But when I'm downstairs, those non-flimsy blinds are opening and the sun's coming in. Sorry, but when it's daytime it should look like daytime. But if you insist on keeping the blinds shut on the time, I guess I can just stay up in my room and out of your hair," she added with a teasing grin. She figured he should understand her reasoning for this. After all, she hated the dark.

It was probably a good thing that Niamh had just finished swallowing down another bite of food by the time Nexus said a certain little comment of his concerning guards or she might very well have choked. Then again, she probably wouldn't have choked because it took her a few moments to actually understand that he was saying something dirty. "Uh? That doesn't even make sense, Nex--wait, WHAT</I>?!"

It was that grin of his that clued her in. That certain grin that he always seemed to wear whenever he was being...bad. Grah! How did he do that, twist everything so it came out sounding wrong?! That certainly didn't help her blush any, nor did it help with her train of thought. What the hell?! Did he mean what she thought he...but...gaaah! That was just WRONG! "Not happening, Nexus! That's messed up!" she managed to choke out, still blushing furiously. Light above, ever since that damned kiss she didn't think the bloody blush had even really receded. And it was really getting annoying now! "But you're free to go handle them all you want! Just don't tell me about it!"

Niamh was actually a little proud of that retort, even if it did come out a bit strained. Of course, she also didn't realize that retort was also rather ironic, considering Nexus' plans for a certain guard which she was completely unaware of.

Stuffing more food in her face, she polished off the sandwich quickly, pushed back her chair, and started to rise. She just...needed a breath of fresh air, perhaps. Yeah. And then Nexus was off and talking about apprenticeships and that, indeed, he was going to be a tailor. He never missed a beat, going from one subject to the next seamlessly. It was actually kind of amazing how he could go from saying something innocent to something dirty to something totally normal in the span of a few seconds, sometimes even in the same sentence.

It boggled her mind. And she never expected it when it happened, either.

She picked her plate up off the table and turned to go take it to the kitchen. Her face still felt all hot. Damn him and his comments. "Ah...I'll think about the apprenticeship thing. I have to think about what I'd wanna do, I guess looking around town will help..." she said quietly, before hurrying into the kitchen, where she began to wash her dish in the sink. It was partially out of habit, because even wiith the Lumenari she washed all her own things, but it was also partially to give her a distraction and give her something to do--something in which she had an excuse for keeping her head down.

Light, this was really bothering her...and especially since Nexus seemed so...well...he seemed so unaffected! He'd sort of been staring at her face when she'd been blushing, too, she'd noticed...was he seriously oblivious? Maybe it just really wasn't that big of a deal to him. He was a hea--er, he came from a different culture, he'd lived a thousand years, it was probably all meaningless to him. He practically breathed innuendo, never once blushing. Over a thousand years. He'd probably kissed thousands of people. Er, probably not just kissing, either. GAH! Right, getting off that topic! Anyway, the point was...maybe he just didn't get it, and here she was, acting all weird still.

Ergh...she couldn't hold it in anymore. This was just going to keep eating at her until she got it out. Best to just come clean and clear the air.

"Um...Nexus...?" The dish was already clean, but she still continued to scrub busily at it, staring fixedly at it all the while. "This is...sorta off topic, but, ah...just out of curiosity..." She cleared her throat. This was going to be really difficult to get out...mainly because it was pretty mortifying. "Well, just outta curiosity...why'dyoukissmeearlier?" she finally blurted, hunching her shoulders and scrubbing at the plate even more quickly. Her words also began to come faster, as though she was trying to purge herself of them before she could chicken out.

"I mean, nothing about it, just curious because, ah, it was just very out of the blue and it took me off guard and it's really been bothering me because you understand it was actually the first time I've been kissed and...well...it's not really something to be taken lightly. I mean, not to, uh, Solisi and stuff and...ah...I mean...it has meaning and importance, you know, so you can't just go around doing that, and I guess I was kinda hurt because...um...it was just a joke and stuff. But it's not supposed to be a joke, it's supposed to be special...and it's just not fair to do that, stealing a kiss, and...and...I'm probably not making any sense. Anyway. Yeah. I guess that's it. I mean, I'm sorry about slapping you, too, but...you deserved it, and...yeah. That's just been bothering me. That's all!" She shut her mouth quickly and bit her lip before she could ramble on more.

Ergh...she wasn't sure if she felt better or worse coming clean like that. She felt better for getting it out before she exploded, but now she just felt awkward, her heart beating fast in her chest. And she was still scrubbing the plate to death.

Clearing her throat, she stopped scrubbing and went to rinse it instead, finally. Hoo boy
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

It wasn't that Nexus hated the idea of bright and cheery, it was just that night time was the best time for him to work. Except there was that one time when he had found the race of beings who could see amazing in the night but poor in the day. Yeah, that was the time he operated completely in the day, hid himself at night carefully. It was a great thing to say the least. Ahem. Nexus didn't find incense and candles foul smelling actually, just as long as they had a good scent that was a replica of a more...nature scent. The outdoors, lavender, lemon, rose and what not.

Of course, he would never tell this to Niamh, lest she ridicule him again and he would ah...well he would insult her again.

Nexus would leave the house to Niamh to decorate and make into a more comely looking house. He would have to pay for it but that was a small price for him to pay at this point. He trusted her sense to a degree, she was a female, though didn't always show it. Nexus smirked at her comment as she commented about her hair colour, chuckling now as he crossed his arms to watch her. "Yeah, with the way you comb your hair I'd agree with you there." Oh that was a point for him wasn't it? A rather good comeback if he said so himself.

He was glad that Niamh was so bold, usually he'd just have people who agreed with him because they were afraid...not Niamh. Well.

Niamh was afraid at times, but she seemed to be warming up around him.

"And deprive myself of your company? No never, I'll brave the sun so you might be around me." Nexus responded as he grinned to the woman in question, his eyes fixated upon her. He actually meant that too, he wanted her to be around for the days...of course, they'd see each other more at night because Nexus would be working, and so would Niamh hopefully. Of course, the girl could always stay home with Vec who could regail her with tales of endless delight for many...many years to come. He didn't see her though as one to want to stay home that much.

She was a free spirit, a very feisty spirit at that. She'd want to be free no doubt.

Nexus waited for her to get the innuendo, which took her a little bit. His foot tapped quietly as he waited for her to say something, and finally she got it. So he laughed, and he just grinned all the more at her. "Aw come on, you say that know but I'll find some nice bashful guards and we'll get ourselves a great little fun time going on." Heh, of course he had meant what she thought it meant. Usually everything for him meant sexual.

But wait.

She had said something he had caught in her retort.

She had given him the go ahead to do whatever to the guards. Which means he was able to kill that one guard that had flirted with her. Damn, why was he still stuck on that particular incident? Maybe jealousy...maybe. He wasn't going to go into that sort of thing now, it was just...well it wasn't going to do much for him in this case. Heh, she was right though, things like that didn't embarrass him, he didn't get uptight about it, and he could talk about it freely. He didn't blush about it, he didn't even really think it was a big deal at this point. She was right about the culture though, his culture was far different from hers, which was pure and innocent, while he was the opposite at this point. He had kissed many people, and had gotten involved...'romantically' with many so to speak. Well. Romantically was such a harsh word.

It was from romantic what he usually did.

"Hm?" Nexus was done with his food, standing up to approach the kitchen and stand not far from her, waiting for the question to come about. "A-ah..." Nexus listened, unsure how to answer to all that at one time. He just listened, gulping as he nodded once, his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to her go on the little rant about it all. Oh my. He didn't know that he had...he had been her first kiss. That wasn't something he expected to her, not from her. "I.." He took a deep breath and tried to clear his mind for this one.

"Niamh, I had assumed with your beauty you had at least been kissed once or twice before. For me, yes...it hadn't...really meant nothing. I mean...Ahem. It might have meant something. I understand what you meant though. The...the first kiss should be special but...remember that my first kiss was with a woman who turned me into the psychopath that I was." Nexus told her with a small shrug. AT least he wasn't going to ruin her life and turn her into a man hating psychopath. He would make sure that never happened.

"Niamh I..." Well. He never said he was sorry but...for now he would...have to say something. "Niamh  I'm sorry. Look when you said that you just wanted to be distant cousins because it would be weird for us to live together and then that damn guard flirted with you and..." He stopped saying anything though...looking away from her to anywhere but her. "I felt jealous because it wasn't me flirting to you." Nexus said to her, his voice quiet, but there was no blush on his face like Niamh might usually have.

No, he was stronger than that of course.

He wouldn't succumb to blushing like she usually did.

"And before you ask, no I don't know why I was jealous, why I felt such things, but I knew that...it felt like I had to assert my dominance on you..to show people that you were mine. I don't KNOW why though." It had been eating at him, but he had tried not to pay it much mind, though she had brought it up and now he had to get it off his chest as well. It got the point across, and they were being honest after all, so he might as well help it along and explain to her what had been bothering him at this point.

"And..I'm sorry for stealing the kiss with you. I didn't know that I was your first. I wish it could have been...erm...special and I suppose not with me." Putting his dishes on the counter he watched her as he sighed lightly. "I had deserved the slap too. I suppose you and I don't have much chance together I suppose hm?" It was something he had to ask just to see what she said because he was curious as to what she might say to him.

Rhindeer

Niamh heard Nexus approach the kitchen but she didn't move from her spot, or turn her head to look. She just kept working on that single dish of hers, even though by then it was probably the cleanest plate in the house and her fingers were starting to get wrinkled. Oh Light, oh man, she still couldn't believe she'd confessed all that. Maybe she should have just kept it inside. After all, she shouldn't have let it bother her so much. She probably should have just tried to laugh and shake it all off like it was nothing, because it wasn't anything...and...she didn't have to count it, right? Ugh, why was she making such a big deal out of a dumb kiss, anyway? Why had it shook her up so much? Even if it was important to her, it just...well, the more she thought about it, the more foolish she started to feel for making such a big deal out of it.

After all...she'd travelled with the Lumenari, she'd almost died a few times now, so...something so small like this shouldn't phase her, right? It was stupid.

Yeah...

Nexus seemed to listen to her throughout her entire spiel, and she waited tensely for him to say something in response to that. Ergh, she really hoped this didn't make things just...awkward. Though maybe it was a bit too late for that? She heard Nexus take a deep breath, and she kept her eyes fixed on the sink. Well, if anything good came from this, maybe it would just give Nexus pause to think before he...did and said certain things? Or at least make him understand where she was coming from better and why she acted the way she did sometimes? Maybe...though, on the other hand, sometimes not even she knew why she did some of the things she did or felt some of the things she felt. It could be...confusing. Like her subconscious knew things that she hadn't figured out yet.

And then it was soon her turn to swallow hard, her hands tightening on the plate.

W-what...?

What Nexus said...oh Light. Needless to say, she didn't expect any of that!

Beauty? He, uh...he thought she was pretty? And wait, what?! It hadn't meant nothing...that...that was a double negative! So it meant something? It might have meant something? Huh?! Niamh's eyes widened, but she kept her back to him, listening carefully instead. Well...maybe he did have a point about that, that his first kiss had been with someone...not so good...but...but...oh damn, this was more confusing than it really should have been. Even more so when he actually said he was sorry, something he just never did. At least not that she'd ever seen. He apologized in his own way, but he never actually said it. It really had to be something big for him to actually admit that he was sorry out loud.

Of course, that wasn't the most shocking thing he would say. It got...crazier.

Jealous</I>>?! Of that guard? But...Niamh didn't like the--WHAT?

Because...it wasn't Nexus flirting with her...that's why he was jealous...oh...man...

Niamh swallowed again as Nexus continued on, her heart slamming in her chest though she didn't quite know why. But she couldn't help but finally turn her head and look over at him, just a small side glance because she wasn't quite sure what her expression would give away at the moment. It only got worse, though, and she gave a little twitch when he got to the part about dominance, that she was his. Another time she would have protested and asserted that she belonged to no one, which was the truth! She liked her freedom and the idea of ownership, well, hah, that just wouldn't fly with her. She was indeed a free spirit and she didn't like being trapped or confined, figuratively or literally, and just as Nexus was dominant, she was strong willed. But before she could balk at that, an alternate meaning for it filtered through her brain.

The jealousy...wanting to show other people that she was his...the flirting thing...oh Light, Vec had said that Nexus liked her...

But of all the things Nexus said then, it was his last question that threw her off completely.

He said it. She...and him...if they had a chance together...if...

Light above, how was she supposed to answer that?! Wait. Well. That was easy: no. They? Have a chance together? Haha, yeah right, no way in hell! Like she'd go for him. He was overbearing and arrogant and perverse. She was...well, okay, so she was arrogant, too, but...no. That was just insane. He'd tortured her in the past. She was friends with him now, good friends, she trusted him with her very life, but that? That was just going a bit too far. She didn't like him like that. They were too different. It'd never last, it'd never work, and hell, but she didn't have any relationship experience to begin with! Niamh had already been busy with other aspects of her life and she even felt like she'd developed an aversion to relationships sometimes...just because of all the pressures she'd experienced back home because she had been of marrying age and it was expected. But she'd resisted, she didn't like feeling forced into anything because that was when she dug in her heels...and she wasn't in a hurry...and...just...

Nexus? Of all people? No, no way. He was a good friend. That was it. He had to realize that...and he couldn't be serious, anyway! Seriously, what could he see in her? She argued with him all the time, she went out of her way to tease him and sometimes provoke him if she was feeling particularly...feisty? She honestly didn't know why she provoked him sometimes, though it was almost like a game to her, or maybe just to prove that she was bold and couldn't be dominated. She didn't have that great of a figure, built more wirey and slender than voluptuous and curvey and busty. She didn't really act like a girl and she didn't dress like one, either. She could be pushy and outspoken and clumsy and she certainly didn't have any experience with relationships, whereas he'd lived over a thousand years and had probably seen a lot of beautiful women in his lifetime...

And yet when she spoke, for some reason none of that came out.

"Uh...I..." Yet again, words seemed to have abandoned her and she felt oddly put on the spot. With a deep breath, she finally stopped washing and rinsing the plate and set it on the counter, then wiped her wet hands off on her breeches. "I don't know..."

Niamh gave a violent jolt at her own words, realizing what she'd said, and she quickly spun around to face him finally, her back to the counter and hands thrown up defensively. "Ah! I mean! I...Nexus...I don't...we're..." She swallowed again and let her arms drop back down to her sides, her face burning from both the nature of the topic and the fact that her voice had come out as little more than a squeak there. She paused for a moment, trying to grow calm and gather her wits, but her mind seemed to be all over the place, and that odd butterfly sensation in her stomach had returned.

"We're...okay...you...you understand we're very, very different, Nexus...we're like...we're like night and day. I...I mean, I don't think...I don't even know the first thing about this! I don't...I just...I..." And then she slumped back against the counter, leaning heavily against it in defeat. "I don't know..." she very nearly whispered, lowering her eyes to the ground.

How did you answer a question like that? And why couldn't she say what she'd been thinking? No would have been so easy...just a no...why couldn't she say no, just one syllable, just two letters...

"Ah...this is probably gonna sound really stupid, but...do you..." She couldn't believe she was asking this, and she didn't look up, just stared at the ground. She didn't know why she cared so much. "Do you...like me...?
"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Nexus wondered just how long she could wash that plate for before the finish on the poor thing was wiped away, and then plate itself disappeared. She was really disturbed by this sort of thing wasn't she? She was trying to look busy, trying to get her mind off of all of this. He could understand why, he almost wished he wasn't going to have to go through all of this. Sometimes being so bold was just a bit of trouble for him. Not that he couldn't handle this sort of thing of course, he was very able to be as bold as he needed to.

Out of all the things he had done in his life...fighting with ogres, staring at reapers, stealing from kings and snogging their queens...this was probably the hardest thing he had had to do.

Nexus did like to catch Niamh off guard, it meant that he was still in control.

He always wondered if she ever believed that she was beautiful. It seemed like she should believe it, after all with all the men just suddenly hitting on her...alright so it was one but still. One too many for his tastes really. Well, know she knew that he was jealous about the guard having flirted with her, and that he considered her to be his...event hough she really wouldn't like that. Women like Niamh hated the idea of being a person's possession after all. That was a bad thing to say no doubt but...he had to keep on going with it. He had to keep talking and be as honest as he could be. Why did he like her? He didn't know. There was something about her, beyond her beauty of course. She just...she was just Niamh.

Ever since Ketra when he first saw her.

At first it was the need to dominate her, to break her will and to make her a slave. Then she became an obsession. The one that escaped, got away, LET GO. Then...it all changed.

It all became different.

It had all changed into something new and strange and he had no idea what it was at this point.

Then...silence. It was the strangest most...painful silence he had heard before. Well. One of them had been sitting in a room with his eyes poked out and listening to his own ragged breath, calling for his brother who had been dragged into the room with him. He had heard nothing for an hour. Then. 'Yeah.' and that was it. it was the most relieving experience, to hear the voice of his brother talking finally after all that silence. Being blind was...horrible. Seeing nothing...not knowing if you were going to die. It was just like now, not knowing what she would say to him afterwards.

She started talking. Sorta. Finally she said something She didn't know. Of course she didn't know! He should have expected her to say that sort of thing too. Sigh. Though she didn't seem to have wanted to say that, and was going to try and go back on it. Of course. She was trying to persuade herself of all this though. He knew this, he could hear it in her voice, she was panicked, as if she was trying to just throw things out. Oh he liked that. He was catching this quite easily, mainly because he had spent time listening to her talk. They had travelled for weeks together after all, and they had talked a lot, got to know each other, and had banter together.

"We're opposites Niamh, I know this. That's alright. Opposites could very well attract after all. And hey, do YOU think that I know all about this? Can't say that I'm all to familiar with this. Remember that I don't get into such relationships all that often." A few flings he had been in before, but nothing serious, nothing that he had felt to this extreme. It had just been stalking and obsession for boredom but...here...

Here was different really.

There were feelings here that he didn't understand, that he didn't like to have because...he couldn't understand them. It was just painful because he hated the unknown sometimes.

He liked to be in control...and if he couldn't be in control of his emotions...what could he be? Nexus almost gave up on her right now, she didn't know so...what was the point. Then her words cut into his mind, into his thoughts as he looked up to her, his eyes fixed on her. Did...he like her?

"I can't answer that. I know that...I am obsessed...that...I like to be around you, that I like to argue with you and to make you blush, and to see that blush. That's what I know at this time really. I know that..never mind. You know it's silly. Emotions are strange and...Maybe it's just that we've been together so long that I'm just...stuck on you?" He was afraid to say the least, afraid of all of this sort of stuff. It...it was all too confusing and weird for him. Just as confusing and weird as it was for her no doubt.

He had a sudden inspiration though. Niamh had said not to do it again, not to kiss her again if it didn't really mean anything to her. However...what if he meant it? Pushing off from his position on the wall he neared her, his hand going to her chin to bring her gaze up to him, and of course, to see that trademark grinning face of his. His eyes were staring down at her, his eyelids not blinking and his noose pupils focused on her face.

"Why...do you like me Niamh?" She asked him after all, he was allowed to ask her in return. Of course, he didn't even want to here what she said in return. Instead he swooped in, slowly his lips pressed to hers. He had given her time to move and evade his lips, but when he felt their lips press together, he almost could have smirked. He didn't though, he kept their lips together, his hand moving to the back of her head. His fingers went from the crown of her head, slowly moving downward till it reached the soft ends. Then he broke the rather tame and chaste kiss with her.

"So...do you like me or not?"

Rhindeer

To say Niamh was panicked was an understatement. It was one thing to be told something by someone else, but then to actually experience it...that was another thing altogether! When Vec told her that Nexus liked her, it wasn't...well, it was shocking, but it was easier to accept and deal with--mainly because he could have just been teasing her and also because, well, being told something wasn't the same as actually being confronted with it. Now, she was being confronted with it. And it was...it was terrifying in a way. She didn't know what to do, what to say, what to think. The whole thing was completely foreign to her, and that's what made it kind of scary. A different kind of scary. Not scary in the sense of almost being burned alive or anything, just...new, different, and scary because it was so unknown. Yet, at the same time, it wasn't necessarily a bad kind of fear...if that even made any sense...

For once in her life, she had no idea what to do.

"Y-yeah...but..." He was right. It wasn't like she hadn't heard the old saying, that opposites attracted. It wasn't like she hadn't seen it in action before, either. Light, even her own parents were opposites and...now that she thought about it...weren't  lot of couples? Of course, a lot of couples in Solis, or at least her village, were the product of arranged marriages so that could explain some of that but even those couples who really were together because they'd actually chosen each other, like Jahi and Ket...they were really different, too. But...wasn't there such a thing as being too different? Weren't she and Nexus just too different?

But even night and day...they were polar opposites, yet neither could exist without the other. And...didn't the two sometimes blend together? Sometimes she could see the moon in the daytime. She hadn't realized that before, not prior to having her entire belief system overhauled, but...

Oh jeez...

She couldn't help but be surprised, too, that he was admitting he wasn't too familiar with this, and she wasn't so sure if she believed him at the moment, even though she knew it was true; she only really knew about the drow woman, that she was the only one he'd really been serious about way back when. He seemed calm about all this, or at least bolder and more sure of himself while she felt just...well, just freaked. She took a deep breath, fighting to collect herself. He was really pushing for this, really trying to convince her... "I...I know but...I just...I dunno..." was all she could manage to say, shaking her head weakly and looking away from him.

By the time he got to answering her question, her heart was slamming in her chest.

This...didn't feel real. He liked being around her, arguing...it was weird, it was kind of stupid, but...she did like that, too. She did like being around him, she liked their banter, even their arguing, she liked talking to him because, well...because she could be herself around him. It was weird, but he didn't ever seem to judge her, and she could talk to him about anything, she felt. And she liked listening to his stories, like the one about the ogre and stuff like that. He'd lived a long time and it was fascinating...she liked being around him. She valued his company and went with him because she wanted to go with him.

Was it all the same thing?

She couldn't say she liked making him blush, though, because he just didn't seem capable of it. But...he liked making her blush? He was stuck on her? Niamh swallowed hard. Well. She was blushing. And that pretty much did answer her question...though maybe it didn't? Maybe he didn't really like her and it was just...being around each other for so long like he said...yeah...

Of course, being Nexus, he just had to take it all one step further. Niamh didn't know what to say after that so she just didn't say anything, her thoughts a jumbled, confused mess that she didn't even want to try organizing. She just remained where she was, staring at the floor and leaning against the counter, unable to really move. She just...couldn't really believe this. A lot had happened today, and so suddenly, and all just because some dumb guard had tried to put some moves on her. That seemed to be what triggered it all finally...jealousy.

Dammit...she was in deep...

Niamh heard Nexus before she saw him, heard his footsteps nearing her, and that was finally when she looked up, and gave a little jolt of surprise when she saw how close to her he suddenly was and quickly looked away, her breath catching in her throat momentarily. Out of instinct she tried to back up, but she only bumped the counter and...that was it. Okay. He was...really close, and already the warning bells were going off in her head, yet she found herself frozen again. She could have moved. It wasn't like she was physically incapable. But something held her there in place, and she wasn't quite sure what except...she didn't want to move.

That realization stunned her, but she had no time to think further on it because that was when his hand was on her chin, tilting her face up, and she found herself staring up into his face with wide eyes, and some small part of her wondered over the fact that she no longer blinked an eye at those odd eyes of his. Oh jeez...she knew this was the part where she should move, push him away like she had with the guard, or something, not just stand there looking at him! She may have only been kissed once, but she knew the warning signs at least, or she thought she did! And then he went and turned her question right back around on her, something she dreaded, but luckily she had no chance to try and formulate a response.

Because he kissed her. Again.

It wasn't like the kiss before. It wasn't unexpected, it didn't take her off guard and come completely out of the blue. This time, she had plenty of warning from his hand cupping her chin even down to how slowly it all happened, like he was trying to give her fair warning this time and ample opportunity to escape. An opportunity...which she didn't take. His lips pressed against hers, and even that wasn't like the one before. It wasn't forced, it wasn't...risque, and instead the whole thing was surprisingly gentle--not really something she expected from Nexus of all people.

Niamh also didn't expect to feel her eyes drift shut, the tension melt out of her limbs, or to lean slightly into the kiss when his hand moved to the back of her head, shivering when his fingers reached the ends of her hair by her neck. She'd blame that on the fact that his hand had been there, though, and that the slight pressure had pushed her forward. She kept her arms at her sides, though, very aware that her hands were shaking. This was...this was insane. What the hell was she doing? What was he doing? Why wasn't she stopping it, dammit!

When he broke the kiss, she opened her eyes again and swallowed audibly when she glanced back up at him, flushed. Oh...geez...what...had she just done...

Then he repeated the question. Gah! No!

"A-ah..." Crap! Crap! This...was just...this was getting crazy. This was getting out of hand. She didn't know what to do or say, didn't know how to deal with this. Her heart was beating wildly, she felt all jittery, and...and...well. What did she usually do when she felt cornered and overwhelmed?

She fled. Or laughed. Sometimes both.

This time, it was both.

"...Ahahaha...I...well...heh heh, d-don't be silly, Nexus. Of course I like you, if I didn't I wouldn't be around you!" she managed to get out, opting to answer in the vaguest way possible. But her voice was quiet and there was a quiver in it, and her laugh was obviously forced. Gulping again, she looked around her as though trying to figure out the best possible escape route, then finally started to slowly step to the side, which was really the only place to go with the counter behind her and Nexus in front of her. "And anyway...I...I...stop doing that...I just told you not to not to do that unless you mean it...I mean! If you...just...ah, just don't do that, stop messing around! Anyway, we...we were gonna go shopping, right? We should go shopping. Yeah."

And with that said, ducking around him abruptly, she bolted for the front door, quite aware that she probably sounded completely like an idiot.

Damn it...

She couldn't like him!

Anonymous

To say that Nexus wasn't scared would be a lie. To say that he was calm and collected...well...he was slightly. His own heart was betraying him by pounding wildly, his palms were clammy and sweaty, thankfully he had his gloves on at this time. The idea of a relationship, an actual physical and mental relationship was completely new to Nexus. This wasn't one that he made, that he created through torture and psychological means. It had sprouted up through time and actual normal means. It scared Nexus because someone...may very well like him without him having to make them like him. It was unknown, or at least, it was forgotten because...last time he had been hurt so bad.

It was the kind of pain he hated.

The kind of pain he didn't want to relive and deal with once more, the fear of rejection wasn't as strong as the fear of being weak and tortured.

As far as Nexus knew his parents had been opposites, his dad a loudmouth drunkard, his mom a quiet and reserved woman. Both dead now from time, not being lucky enough to be granted eternal age like he did. Nexus had seen many different couples that...really shouldn't be together. Ice Wyrm and Dragon, Elf and Drow, that sort of thing. Were they really so different? Sure he had a few...quirks to him but that could always be avoided with her. Sure he would...outlive her and she would grow old and die but...That's probably the one thing he hated the most. She would die.

She would die...

Not if he had anything to say about it.

Nexus never thought he would...actually have to say that he liked her. That was hard, because he didn't know if he liked her or not. She was a great girl after all, she got on his nerves, she challenged him all the time, she at least listened to what he had to say, her company and banter were very fun for him...and she wasn't afraid to make fun of him. These were all admirable qualities that he had grown to love on her. He really did wonder what she loved about him, it could very well just be the challenge that he gave to her, to better herself and to force her to fight. He did love a good fight with her.

They were in too deep, the both of them has mixed feelings at this point.

Nexus had...given her plenty of time to move away, to escape from what she probably knew was coming...though not enough time to answer that all so important question. Feh. They could get back to that one afterwards. Nexus didn't know why but he felt sort of...honoured that he was her first kiss, and second for that matter. He knew it meant everything to her, purity for the wedding night, to give true love yourself and your innocence was a sacred thing for a lot of more...medieval cultures.

She seemed to like the kiss though. Her eyes had closed, she seemed to lean a bit into the kiss, whether that was just the doing of his hand or her he couldn't tell, or even really cared about. She shivered as well, and she didn't stop the kiss either, or try to fight it. But they got through the kiss, it was done, and she seemed phased again. She really wasn't used to kissing someone was she? Truly, she was a very innocent girl, and he adored that in her.

She finally got around to answering though.

He wasn't sure about it though, it sounded...vague and that laughter was way too forced. Hm.

"Who says I didn't mean it Niamh? I thought I had meant it." Nexus said with a small smile as he watched her go fleeing off to the front door now. Well then. That was never a good thing now was it? She seemed...stunned almost, just like last time she was trying to play it off as best she could. With a sigh he grabbed his hat and fit it back onto his head, then went to find his boots. Might as well go shopping with her now, this discussion could wait till waaaay later. Like when Vec was here. The two of them were just so unsure about their feelings that having Vec to be their ah...mediator might just help out a bit more.

The damn seer probably saw what happened already anyways.

Nothing escape from Vec's sharp senses and visions of course.

Finding his boots at the front door as well he quickly pulled them on, lacing them up quickly before looking for Niamh, who was also at the front door. The poor girl looked like a sheep who had just escaped from the wolf. Damn he loved comparing himself to such a noble creature.

"Alright Niamh, let's go shopping for all the things this house needs to be made into our house then hm?" Nexus said as he pulled the door open and waited for her, the polite thing to do of course. After all, he could still be nice to her...not like he could stop himself from doing that obviously. After all he had done for her, he still felt that he had to repay her for what had happened. All the bad things that he had done, broke her faith, kidnapped her, threatened her, hit her with stun whips, left her to almost get burnt at the stake...he still had to make up for all that, and he didn't know if he could in one lifetime. That...was another scary thing. Was the only reason he was here with her was because it was out of obligation...or because he wanted to? No...he wanted to. he wanted to be here with her.

Yes. There was no other way about it. He would have left a long time ago if it was just out of obligation.

That made him feel slightly better.

Rhindeer

He thought he had meant it...he said he had meant it. He actually went and said it. Now, the fact that he had meant it was pretty obvious to Niamh; seriously, it had been right after she'd asked him if he liked her, he said all those things, and then he asked her if she liked him and...kissed her. The kiss itself had been tender and rather...well...she was embarrassed to even think it, but...sweet. Again not something she had expected from him, Nexus who was all rough around the edges and rugged and had sadistic tendencies. But it wasn't like it was the first time he'd shown a gentle side to him...and...

Light help her, but she'd felt that it had meant something.

It had meant something to her...

That was perhaps what was the most terrifying.

She couldn't actually like him...it would just be...too weird. He wasn't even her type. Wait...did she even have a type? Well, not really. She'd never even thought about it before, she'd just figured that she'd know who she liked when she met the right person. In the looks department, she knew he couldn't be her type...she liked light hair and light skin, and he was darker in both areas. He had weird eyes and a lot of scars. There was no way she could be actually attracted to him, and physical attraction was a part of the whole package, right? And their personalities, the most important part of course, they just...they just clashed too much.

Yet...aw, damn, maybe that clashing is what she liked. It was...it kept things interesting. It was different. And despite it all, she trusted him and valued his friendship...and everything he'd done for her. She felt safe around him, regardless of how they'd started off, she liked joking and teasing him and she even liked it when he did it right back. She liked him...and...she'd gotten used to his eyes...and his scars didn't bother her, they just...they...they made him seem tough to her. And he was really tall...and strong...and she liked that grin of his and ergh! Stop thinking!

No. She didn't like him! Not like THAT!

But it wasn't really the first time she'd thought about that...

And she'd just let him kiss her. And she'd...she'd...no. That had been his hand. His hand...she tried to repress another little shiver, stubbornly pushing the memory of what all that had felt like out of her mind. But it was difficult. Her body still remembered it.

She didn't like him!

"I-I said you didn't mean it! You couldn't have!" Niamh shot back, and even she knew she was being a bit...irrational at this point. Why couldn't he have? It just felt so...so...crazy in her head. She didn't like him. He couldn't like her! Oh Light, maybe he did...and...she just didn't want him to like her, because that would make it easier for her. Easier for her? Easier for what? For her to not like him? AUGH! Stupid thoughts! She just...wanted to stop thinking.

She soon reached the front door, still not looking back at him, and hurriedly slipped her feet into her boots, nearly stumbling as she did so because she felt shaky all over. Then she knelt down and began to lace them up, hands trembling a little, and she was annoyed to find that it took her a few tries to tie the laces as she fumbled with them. By then, Nexus had also come over to get his own boots and lace them up, and Niamh could feel her body tense as she heard him approach. If Nexus thought she looked like a sheep that had escaped the wolf, that wasn't far from the truth! Nexus did like to compare himself to a wolf. It was fitting, too, though she wasnt a sheep! Ahem. But it was a really strange feeling, because she was used to being in control...usually. She hated it when she wasn't, and right now her emotions were spiraling out of control. But it wasn't a bad feeling, either...it wasn't like being hunted before, it was like...she wasn't even making sense anymore, as if she ever was.

Hunching her shoulders, she snuck a sidelong glance at him, and cleared her throat nervously before she finished tying the bootlaces and stood up again. She still wasn't facing him, though, keeping her body at an angle as though afraid that if she faced him again, he'd kiss her again. But she wasn't so much afraid of him...she was more afraid of herself at this point than anything. Especially since she'd liked the kiss. She didn't want to like it...

Light help her, she was just...she was just kind of scared, to be honest...terrified, really. Not that she'd admit it. She didn't want to admit it. Ever.

"Yeah...let's go," Niamh agreed quietly, before slipping quickly out the door when he held it open for her, eager to get out into the public, eager for a distraction. But part of her was already regretting going shopping now. Because now? She just knew it would gnaw at her. Everything would just keep prodding at her brain, she'd keep thnking about it, and it would drive her crazy. How was she going to focus on DRAPES</I> now?! What she really wanted to do was hide, but she'd just have to grin and bear it, wouldn't she? Hide...or just...well, part of her wanted to discuss it more, but she knew that wasn't going to be possible. There were a lot of questions she wanted to ask, things she wanted to say, but...she couldn't. It was too embarrassing, and she'd probably choke on her words. Her throat already felt pretty tight.

And she'd try not to look at him. Because then she'd probably find herself glancing at his lips.

AUGH! No! Why this...why now of all times
?

Anonymous

Emotions were a terrifying thing for Nexus, because he was always afraid of betrayal and being hurt by someone. It wasn't something he wanted to have happen again, but the loneliness sometimes got to him, and having Niamh around to talk to, to joke with, to be able to have...pure thoughts about her and not just the usual impure thoughts...It was refreshing, a great change of pace. He was tired of his lifestyle, but he also loved it as well. It was fun and exciting, and he liked the change.

Change wasn't always bad after all.

Look what had happened with Niamh.

First she had been an uptight and rather pretentious young woman, following blindly where ever she was told...Now she had morals, thoughts, an active conscience that would tell her right from wrong.

And a fear of warehouses and anything painful.

Nexus knew she could never be attracted to him physically. That...it just didn't happen. Nexus believed himself to be ugly. Both his skin and hair was well worn and weather beaten, bronzed and tanned from the constant stream of sunlight on his body. Not to mention he was covered in scars now, including a large N on his back and a smaller NS near the back of his hip. His eyes were a couple of nooses for crying out loud. He had rugged features, his face looked like it had been carved from stone, he had the whole...look about him. No. It had to be...it had to be the time they spent together that she liked. That was his belief...

"Why couldn't I have? Is it because you're worried that you might have feelings back? That you could ever have such deep feelings for a horribl person like myself?" Actually he had this conversation before once, of course it had been with someone else, in a different world, and for seduction purposes but...both times it had actually been true for the other person, so he wasn't technically lying. He was trying to make a habit of not lying to Niamh, because he was worried that she might...catch it and that would be it, they would be no more because she was offended or some such thing.

You know, this had probably been the worst possible time to bring something like this up.

Now things would just be...just be very awkward for the two of them.

He had to be civil though, and he had to keep a level head of all this. If they couldn't sory anything out, no real big deal at this point. They were just settling down, finally able to talk about their thoughts and feelings instead of 'I hope Vec is alright' or 'I wonder how far away the Lumenari are.' No, now they had time to express themselves, and that...was alright. Well. Maybe not totally alright at this point. It was a confusing thing fo rhte both of them. Nexus had been used to relationships that never lasted and would eventually end in boredom or death, or it was just for his amusement. Niamh on the other side of the spectrum had no experience in things like this, which meant she would have no idea what she liked or what she wanted. Of course Nexus hoped that she would...want to be with him eventually. Ugh. He felt like Vec with all these lovey dovey emotions. Not that they were a bad thing of course, he was glad that he could feel them again, but he was worried they would be...a constnat distraction.

Niamh seemed even more jittery at this time. Like an abused dog and what not, shielding itself from him. A familiar feeling. It pained him to see this though, he had...thought they had gotten past this.

Hell. He could remember just a few days ago when he could touch her and she wouldn't flinch from his grip. That had been nice.

"Onward then." Nexus said as he followed her out the door, locking it quickly behind him and started off down the road with Niamh beside him. Drapes. Clothes. Food. Furniture if she really wanted it. Whatever Niamh desired, he would try and obtain for her. Again...a way to say sorry to her without having to say sorry. She would be able to understand it of course. She was used to his ways at this time no doubt, used to the unusual way that he said that he was sorry. After all, he technically lived by the idea of no regrets and live everyday as you please. However, he felt guilt now, and regret. He had opened his mind and his feelings to a woman he was pretty sure didn't care for him in the way that he cared for her. He had remembered a baby robin he had once found on the ground, nursed it back to health and let it go. Of course, the Robin didn't go, it stayed with him, and he ended up watching the bird until it died. Niamh was just like that bird to him.

"Niamh...I'm...well...Look. When we get home, if you really want to, we can discuss more about the going ons, but I think you and I are going to enjoy the time out of the house to ah...get our minds off of things." Nexus said as he his eyes swiveled to look at her. He was trying to put on a brave show, despite the whole thing scaring the ever living daylights out of him. He had faced many fierce battles in his life, but a relationship with a kidnapped victim? Yeah, that didn't exactly come around too often with him.

Ever really.

Rhindeer

Light help her, but it was Niamh that felt like the horrible person as she waited outside for Nexus to follow, hands shoved into her pockets. She had caught what Nexus had said regarding whether he'd meant it or not, or rather she'd caught his questions, but she'd slipped out the door before she could answer. Then again, she'd been so flustered that she didn't want to answer, didn't even know what she'd say. Those were very good questions. And deep inside she knew the answer, even if she didn't want to voice it.

Yes.

She was afraid that she had feelings for him...but not because he was a horrible person. That he'd done horrible things, there was no doubt about that. But Nexus had also done so many genuinely nice things for her and even now he continued to do what he could to make her happy.

The realization startled her. It was obvious, really obvious...but yet she hadn't really given it much thought before. Everything he was doing, everything he did, he really was keeping her happiness in mind, trying to make her comfortable, trying to make this transition into a new life and world easy for her even though it was all new and foreign to her. He'd bought a house. He didn't even have to stay around her if he didn't want to...he was over a thousand years old. He knew how to get around. He didn't need her and if it came down to it, she could have survived on her own and figured things out.

They just wanted to be around each other. She wanted to be around him.

So why was she being so cold to him? He was her friend. She trusted him with her very life, she'd placed her life in his hands time and time again, and she felt secure enough to do that, to trust that she would come out of it unscathed. He may have hurt her before, but things had been different then and now she understood it. She really honestly trusted him, and she believed that he was sorry.

But did she trust him with her heart?

The thought struck her unexpectedly, and she swallowed as she paced outside a little, waiting for Nexus to lock the door. Was...was that it, then? She wasn't afraid of him hurting her, but she was still afraid of being hurt? What if she did like him? Like that. Did she seriously like him? Well...Niamh knew she hadn't stopped him from kissing her either time...but...but...no! She couldn't like him. It just wasn't possible. Or...okay...so what if she did like him, so what, it wasn't like either of them could act on it. Er, well, Nexus could but she couldn't. She wouldn't. It was just...no, it would just never work between them.

After all, he'd leave eventually, right? And she'd never be able to give him what he wanted. She wasn't even sure what that was, she wasn't even sure what she wanted, but she just knew it; how could she do that if she didn't even know the first thing about this or where she stood? They'd never be able to have a full relationship even if they both did like each other and it actually worked out. Nexus didn't seem like the type that would settle down, he'd probably get bored, and--why was she even thinking about that? That was jumping kind of far into the future and she didn't even know if she liked him!

Well...maybe she did know...

And that's what made it so scary. It was just the whole idea of it all. It was new. And truth be told, it made her feel kind of vulnerable, maybe that was what was so intimidating. It was one thing to trust someone with your life, but to trust someone with your emotions, that was something else entirely. This was a big deal to her, it was important. She just...didn't want to be another notch in someone's belt. She didn't want to frustrate him because she knew their cultures were very different. And maybe she was intimidated. He'd lived a long time, she'd lived so little in comparison, and he'd experienced a lot. That gave her a lot to live up to...maybe she was a little self conscious, maybe she did care what he thought.

Man, that sounded stupid.

Nexus had finished locking the door and soon he'd followed after her, and Niamh stopped pacing and looked over at him, worrying at her lip. She stopped, however, when Nexus spoke and simply nodded. "That sounds like a plan. I assume you know the way," she answered tonelessly, hands still in her pockets, and she began to walk with him. She didn't really know the way or where they were going, but she figured Nexus did, and he'd guide where needed.

Yeah...get their minds off things...

But what Nexus had said was still gnawing at her.

"Hey...Nexus? Um...if you don't mind, just...one more thing," she spoke up then, resolving to get it out while they were still here where the streets were empty. She had to get it out now or it would haunt her and she knew it--especially since she felt kind of bad. Guilty. He did a lot for her, and she did so little. He at least deserved her honesty, especially when he was obviously being hard on himself over this, especially when there was really no need to be hard on himself. "Listen...about what you said...I don't think you're a horrible person," she began, looking in front of her at the street as she walked. "Look, my old friends almost burned me without even blinking. I mean...I've done bad things, too. They have. You have. But I don't think they're horrible or you're horrible. Nexus...you've done a lot for me, alright? You're not a horrible person. You're a great person and friend and..." She paused, her throat tightening and heart beating wildly.

"And maybe I am just...nervous." That sounded better than scared to death. "I mean, okay...let's just say...what if, maybe, just purely hypothetically...what if I did like you like that? What then? What happens then?" she asked, already walking a bit more quickly, though she did throw a quick glance his way before averting her eyes again. "Just hypothetically speaking."

Sure it was hypothetical.

Anonymous

Yeah, he didn't expect her to answer that, she had skittered out the door very quickly. He wished he could get the answer for her, but he didn't want to press and push her into that sort of thing. It would be a bad thing to try and get her to open up like that, he didn't want Niamh to become too uncomfortable around him. Too uncomfortable. He was fine with mildly uncomfortable or even just slightly uncomfortable but...too uncomfortable would be a bad thing after all.

Great not to tell her that.

Nexus still believed he had done too many things wrong to her to make up to her any time soon. Though, the buying of the house, the settling in this world, and all that sort of thing was...well it was going to be a great start of course. That's the plan though...just a start at this time. Though, he wouldn't have to apologize for Cerenis though. That had been horrible luck for Niamh, he wasn't going to apologize for her luck though. She'd have to find a way to get luck to apologize to her.

That would be a feat and a half but knowing Niamh she could throw a big stink about it and eventually some incarnation of luck would come to apologize or...shut her up with even more bad luck.

Nexus really wasn't sure if he could trust her with his heart. He was still...very paranoid about her breaking it again. There was still much distrust between women and him of course. If she was afraid of letting him into her heart, she would probably be relieved to know that he was just as afraid as her. The only problem was Niamh was withdrawn and shy of course, while he was very extroverted and able to speak his mind, and...most of his emotions. Except those few that had been bugging the ever living crap out of him. The ones that all seventeen hundred years of life had taught him to ignore, suppress, or change into hate and anger for his past.

Whether he would leave was a whole different matter. It was in his opinion if he did leave her, he'd just drag her along with him to where ever he wanted, to where ever THEY wanted to go. He could show her new worlds, new technology, new powers, new experiences, people, lives, cultures, she would be able to see things that only some people could dream of, and even wilder than dreams themselves. No, he didn't like to settle down, but there was no law again taking her with him after all, and he could make her immortal and...things would be great. He would have Niamh with him, and he would still be able to have adventure and fun.

That would be grand.

Of course, Vec would still be there now and again, because...well Vec would always find him no matter what...Or he would go back to Heiroth once in a while. He knew the way. Both to Heiroth and to the shops.

"Indeed. It's not far from here. First will be the design shop, picking up drapes, knick knacks and what not for the house." Why did he have a sinking feeling though that for all the stuff that Niamh wanted to buy, they would have to get a cart. Gods he had hoped she was against all that thing but...every female had that little instinct in them to beautify a place that they called home. Er, depending of course what race that woman was. He had seen orc houses that had been...redecorated by the orc female. THAT was an interesting and smelly experience. He decided that he wasn't going to go to many Orc houses after that. He didn't mind the orcs as a race, but the smell was just...not a pleasant experience.

"I'm all ears Niamh." He wanted to hear what she had to say about him, or at least, just what she had to say. Did he want to truly know it if it was bad news? Of course not. However, he would have no choice in the matter, this whole thing was eating him up inside and he knew it would at least be an interesting thing. "Niamh, I am a horrible person you know, there's no real getting around that poppet. Though...I'm glad that you don't think I'm a very horrible person. That...it really means a lot." After all, at least she was able to see through that part of his personality. Hm, he was pretty sure he could hear a kettle drum beating at this time. No, that was a heart. His? Sounded like someone's else. However, his palms were a little sweaty and he licked his lips in anticipation, his throat was dry as he waited for her to continue.

What was she going to say now?

There was a strange pause, a lengthy pause at this time to him.

"Well...hypothetically then there would be more ah...hand holding and affection, more feelings and the like...Things really wouldn't change much between us, though of course...There'd ah...be more...private affection but...I'm guessing there wouldn't be anything heavy of course." She had talked to him over the many weeks after all, going over things like sex and what not and she seemed like...well she had flat out said that it was for marriage, something special to give to your partner. That ah...well that was just special but at the same time...well he wouldn't be able to give much in return like ah...innocence.

Yeah, giving her taint wouldn't be the most special thing in the world. Not the good special though. Ugh. At least though he didn't have a reputation here to uphold. No one had heard of the Great Nexus Savaros, the Justice Dealer and Master of Threads. Yeah. Here he was just the man with the funny eyes and the hat.

That was an easy reputation to keep up with of course.

Rhindeer

"Well...then I guess I'm horrible, too, then," Niamh answered slowly, but she shook her head. "I dunno, Nexus. A horrible person doesn't save someone's life or buy them a house or go out of their way to make them feel comfortable..." She wasn't going to remark on the warehouse ordeal. That...well, it was behind her. Nexus hadn't attempted anything like that again and he'd been nothing but nice to her. At this point, it would be just petty to hold it against him. Kind of. What he'd done had been pretty damned big and wrong, but...she had to put it behind her. She'd seen another side of him since then, and that was the side of him she'd come to accept as, well...him. She liked that side of him.

Then she fell quiet, listening to his answer. And then swallowing hard, crossing her arms firmly over her chest. Ah...well, then. That answered that.

"Um, yeah...you guess correctly," Niamh answered a bit tersely, but she was quite proud of herself for managing not to blush because damn was this awkward. "Nothing heavy at all. And what does 'private affection' mean, anyway? Ah, just...never mind. Don't answer that. I already told you where I stand, anyway..." Of course, she'd been the one to ask the question so she supposed she shouldn't be too surprised when she actually got an answer, but she hadn't quite meant the question like that...though she supposed it was good that he'd answered it like that because it did more or less cover some other questions that she planned on asking when relevent.

Of course, it also brought up another question: what was "heavy" to Nexus, a guy that didn't blush, had no problems discussing stuff like that, and had probably seen everything? Somehow, she had this sinking feeling that his definition and her definition would be very, very different. In her opinion, kissing with tongue was dangerously borderline.

And what was "private affection" to him?

Guuuh...

Of course, she wasn't going to ask about his definition of things now, because she really didn't want a detailed explanation of stuff like that out here! It was awkward enough in and of itself, and she'd avoided the topic like the plague whenever it had cropped up, conveniently excusing herself or trying to change the subject. It wasn't just him, though. That's how it had been even when she'd been with the Lumenari and some of the more...worldly folks, men and women alike, got to talking. Usually they had been from the main city. Ugh. City folk. They apparently had a different interpretation of certain scriptures there because not all of them had been married, that was for certain, but at least they were still respectful. They usually shut up after a look from a priest or priestess.

In any case, when Niamh had asked the question she had just been thinking more along the lines of what the status of their relationship--if she liked him and agreed to one, that is!--would be, because she knew she didn't want to open herself up to someone like this if it was just going to be--wait.

That really made no sense.

Why would it be meaningless? He already said all this meant something to him...even Vec had compared it to the drow girl...

And she felt like it had meant something...

What was she worried about? She didn't honestly know...just...she was. Something in her wanted to resist all this. Maybe that was just who she was, always difficult, always resistant, never wanting to do things the easy way. Augh...she didn't know. It was just...frustrating.

But she was relieved that he had said that things wouldn't really change between them, save for a few differences. That was really something she had needed to hear because...maybe she was a little worried about what would change. She couldn't help it, she'd never been in a relationship before and in the village she came from, there were often arranged marriages, and certain expectations and roles that were placed on both people. The man was supposed to be the breadwinner, the woman was supposed to be the homemaker. That was just how it was, and it just wasn't something she cared about. Prior to leaving home and travelling with the Lumenari she had never really been able to properly express her feelings on the matter because, well...she didn't know any differently. But once she joined them and travelled with them and each of them was regarded as an equal, well, after that she knew exactly what she wanted and what she didn't want.

Right now, she felt like she had that with Nexus. A friendship, both of them equals. Well, okay, so maybe Nexus wanted to be alpha wolf now and then, but that was when she just dug in her heels, stood her ground, and refused to cringe and cower like an omega. In all honesty, Niamh kind of liked that, too. It was a challenge and she did like a good fight. It was kind of like grappling, only with words, and it was fun! She didn't know why it was fun, she just knew she liked to be...difficult. Everything was a struggle with her and she still always felt that need to prove herself.

She never wanted to be weak again, like she had been in the warehouse and before...it was something she never wanted to experience again, and she still felt like she had to prove herself to Nexus. She wasn't really sure why it was so important, it just...was.

She liked being around Nexus. She liked their fights and talks and arguments and jokes and just...being around him. Maybe she'd gone nuts. Maybe it was because she'd been around him for so long. Then again, that made no sense. She'd travelled with the Lumenari and been around a lot of guys for a long time, and the men had outnumbered the women. Yet she'd never developed anything beyond platonic feelings for them, even though she'd found plenty of people to be attractive, she'd never actually kissed anyone...

...Or wanted to be kissed by anyone...

And then, completely on its own (or so it seemed) the memory of what it felt like to be kissed by him, and even the earlier memories of being comforted by him and later carried by him--and she hadn't really been sleeping for a good chunk of that time, either, she had to admit; she'd actually subtly enjoyed that--flickered across her thoughts, and for a split second she wondered if it would really be that horrible to be in a relationship with him if it would be like what they already had, only with...some add-ons. Would it be that weird? She had liked being held, she'd liked the kiss...his personality trumped any Solisi prejudices she had when it came to his darker looks...

GAH! She had to stop thinking about this. It was going to kill her, but she had to stop. Her thoughts were just too jumbled, too confused...she just...she couldn't make any decisions right now. She had to wait until her thoughts were more organized. Right now was not the time to act on impulse! This was too big an issue.

Light, maybe she was just overanalyzing everything...

She had to be the least romantic of people. Look at her, being all logical regarding matters of the heart. That wasn't how you were supposed to react, was it? What the hell was wrong with her?

After a long pause and drawn out silence, during which she just studied the cracks in the ground, Niamh finally awkwardly cleared her throat and looked up at Nexus. "Okay. Ah, thanks. I...well, that answered a few of my questions, actually...but...I guess I don't see why you'd wanna be with me. I'm pretty sure I'd only frustrate you, Nexus. I'm uptight and everything, you know? I don't know what I'm doing...or even what I'm saying right now...you probably just shouldn't even listen to me...er, I'm shutting up now..."

She gave a slow nod and rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, falling silent a few moments longer as though contemplating something, then abruptly looked back over at him. Mustering up her strength and courage, she flashed a grin and did her best to push everything to the back of her mind--not something she succeeded in doing, but she could pretend at least. "Ah, whatever, forget it! Let's just get shopping, eh?"

With that said and without waiting for an answer, she took off at a jog, not really knowing which direction she was supposed to be going in, but Nexus would surely catch up and take the lead. He seemed to know the way.

And somewhere, deep in the back of her mind, she felt sort of...evil. Ugh, that probably hadn't been too nice of her, leaving him hanging like that, but...she couldn't help it. This was just...confusing. Hell, she'd even left herself hanging.

[aknfhgtrobjebgrekrjke! Take that, Shane. xDD Kidding, kidding!]

Anonymous

Nexus would never put the warehouse ordeal behind him. For two reasons though, two very different reasons. One because he had to make it up to Niamh, he had to say he was very truly sorry. The other was because...he loved it so. It had been...so erotic to him, so exhilarating, the thoughts and things he could have done to her...what he WANTED to still do to her. Half of him said it was wrong, the other half said it was...well it wasn't right, but that half said that it had been fun. Niamh probably didn't think so. She wasn't into such things after all because...well...she was raised differently. He may get off on causing pain to other people, to torture them endlessly but...Niamh wasn't as big a fan as he was of pain and torture. Maybe that's what intrigued him so. She was different than he, she had different thoughts about everything he did.

It was...satisfying so to speak. To have someone that didn't think the same way as him.

In any world people like him were a dime a dozen basically, and people like Niamh were also just as easy to find but...

Niamh just...was different.

"Anything over ah...kissing and actions that might lead to a different situation." He didn't want to blush the poor girl to death anyways. Even though she had asked him not to, he knew it would be eating away at her. Better to answer now than waking him up from trancing in the middle of the night. That would be the worst thing to do because he loved his trancing.

Kept him focused and awake in the day after all, and if there were bounty hunters that wanted to collect a reward he would need to keep alert.

For the both of them.

He had no idea if the Lumenari wanted her dead now because she abandoned them. Maybe Vec had done something to protect her from that fate?

Still, he loved to try and bring a blush to Niamh's face. She was so...odd in her ways. She could probably kill a man easily for giving her the wrong look or being Drow but...when it came to matters of a sexual nature she was the most timid and shy individual. That was something he adored about her, she was essentially two different people. Public and private, while he was pretty much public all the time. He had been to many worlds and seen a lot, people who didn't touch each other for fear of being unclean, people who did nothing BUT try to touch other people, and then people who seemed completely normal but had the most bizzare habits in private.

Every world was a new experience and this one...this one was one of the newest of them all. Nexus only knew how to be a couple from observing people, he never really had a serious relationship except for...well the Drow woman. After that it had just been flings, rapes, seductions, and all that but he never had anything that could have been counted as a full blown relationship or anything like that. He never had wanted to have something like that because it would have been...crushing, devastating, reminding him of times gone by that had been horrible.

Nexus was adventurous, and as such, even though he had a fear that surrounded his heart, he really wanted to see where this might go. Why? Well because if he died any time soon, he was pretty sure Feris wouldn't let him go without...a refresher course in his ways. Then this would be gone. He would no longer feel this, and only Vec would know how long it would take for him to regain full control of his own mind and habits. Nexus didn't feel like that was something he wanted to go through at this time. Would it take seventeen hundred years for him to learn to feel these emotions again? Would it take more? Less? Nexus was pretty sure that Feris wouldn't allow him to remember Niamh, or this strange world. That wasn't a thought that Nexus liked at all...It meant that he wouldn't be in control anymore.

Feris would.

That's what bugged him the most.

Nexus tried not to think about his Goddess. She was real, and she had sent her father of all people to look after him. That didn't bode well for Nexus at all. He had to think of something else. Something better. Well...there was Niamh. Hm. Was it good to think of her? Yes probably. About the weeks they had spent travelling together. Ah. That had been a most wonderful time. All the travelling they had done together, all the talking that they had done, it had been great. The one part that came back to him was when he rescued her, when he had freed her from the flames, burning himself in the process but...freeing her and taking her away. He was sure that Vec was going to get her killed but...Vec had helped, and escaped as well. Nexus could remember all the nights spent talking with her, then watching her as she slept peacefully...She had such a beauty to her...He could see it so...more so when she slept...She just seemed so beautiful. Then again at that time she wasn't arguing with him about anything.

Not that he minded that. He just hated it when she won, and she had a few times as well. He couldn't help that after all. Sometimes she knew just what to say to him after all. She had a quick wit and tongue, he couldn't deny that much.

"Yeah, I know all about your personality and what not Niamh. That's why I like you so much. not many alpha wolves like it when another wolf, younger and brasher than they challenge but...I love it so." Nexus told her quietly as he smiled at her, she was doing so hard to try and put on a brave face and he liked that with her. She was strong. She had fought against him. She had actually won against him too. That had been the most...interesting day in his many years of living.

"One more thing Niamh. Just...The heart knows what the mind doesn't. Just because the brain can't answer a question, doesn't mean the heart can't." Then with that, it was time to go shopping. No more thinking about what they were doing, no more thinking about their...relationship as it is now...Just...Shopping. Yes. Shopping was a sure way to go about. She just wanted to forget, and was off jogging now. Heh. Nexus chased after her, gently directing her to the right way to go. He knew all about where they needed to go first. Furniture could wait for another day, they were going to go to a place that would sell them decorations and what not for their house.

Their house.

He was still unsure of this sort of thing, but at the same time...He wanted to see what would happen. He really wanted to know if their relationship, as strange and messed up as it was...could go anywhere at all.

[So heih gikhaighiah aihgihsgihag withiah gikhasgia gahighiagand then ihsighishgihag awith xhbkhxjkhajb hithakhskhsf lord of hakghjksb to bring thei haikhsjkhgjhsgkhsgj and be all thaithjiahtjihatjihahv nemirihsgih zbbjxiaoia. Take THAT Rhi! Hah ahah ahah! Silly Bish. Loves you! *SNUGZ!* xD]

Rhindeer

"Uh? Niamh blinked a few times as Nexus answered the very question she hadn't really wanted answered--even if she had been a little curious, damn it--but much to her relief, he was blessedly vague. Whoa, had he actually learned, maybe? Possibly? Still managing to hold back her embarrassment, a surprisingly easy task since this was very tame compared to his past antics, and especially compared to the kissing, Niamh shook her head firmly. "Thanks for...ah...clarifying but..." She licked her lips and cleared her throat awkwardly again. It was really weird to be talking about something like this. "There wouldn't be anything beyond kissing. You know that. And...uh...it wouldn't be in public, so...that'd be private I guess. Not that I'm saying anything! Hypothetically speaking!" she added quickly, color finally staining her cheeks again.

Damn it.

That's probably what irritated her the most about this. Niamh wasn't used to feeling like this, not used to feeling so skittish and, well...embarrassed. After on, in normal circumstances she was bold and extroverted and had no problem saying exactly what was on her mind. That was the sort of person she invisioned herself as--it was her, and she was comfortable and content just the way she was! However, Nexus was right in his observation; everyone had more than just one side to them, and Niamh did have her private side, the side she kept hidden. It didn't really rear its head much because there simply wasn't too much she kept secret and there wasn't much she wouldn't say, but it was there. And stuff like this? Relationship stuff and stuff vaguely sexual? No matter how capable she was of standing her ground and fighting to the bitter end, this subject was enough to make her purple in the face and ridiculously shy.

And she hated it. Because she wasn't shy! She wasn't timid! Just...just when it came to that, really.

But she'd also been raised differently, of course, and raised not to talk openly about that particular subject. It was just...improper.

Still, it was really annoying because it made her feel naive, but she couldn't help it. When the subject was brought up, she just had no idea how to even react or what to say except to quickly find a way to change the subject. Ugh. And unfortunately, around Nexus, the subject seemed to pop up a lot, so she found herself in a state of perpetual embarrassment. Well, a lot of the time. Worse yet, he'd admitted to liking to make her blush, which meant he did all that on purpose with the intention of getting her red!

Very, very evil. And not fair at all since she had no way of getting him back. Or maybe there was a way to get him back that she didn't know about, but if that was the case she sure wasn't going to go looking for it. Because it would probably have to be bad.

Luckily what Nexus said next made some of the embarrassment fade away, replaced instead with one of her signature grins. Alpha wolf? Oh jeez, there he went with the alpha wolf thing again! Not that it bugged her, she actually found it funny. And she kind of enjoyed it, in a really weird way, mainly because it gave her a chance to, oh how did he put it, assert her dominance? Heh, he had such crazy phrasing and logic sometimes. "Hah, who said you were the alpha wolf, Nexus?" she shot at him, though at the same time she couldn't help but feel a strange pang of excitement at what he had said. He...liked that? Liked it when she challenged him and everything? And he liked her because she was different?

Even as she played the comment off casually, in her head she was anything but calm. Especially because of what he'd said...

Because she felt the same way.

Was that what it was, then? Was that what it meant...?

But it was nothing compared to his final words, and even as she dashed away from him a few moments later, the words still echoed in her mind, only adding to her confusion. The heart sometimes knew what the mind didn't.

Light...

Maybe she was thinking too much...she wasn't sure. But she did know what she felt and that's what frightened her. It wasn't a bad feeling, just a new one and she didn't really know what to do with it...

So maybe her heart did know something that her head didn't. But which should she actually listen to? The heart didn't mind taking risks, but the head knew that there were dangers involved with such things, and--

...Oh damn.

When did she become a coward?

Niamh slowed her pace down when Nexus caught up with her and started to direct them in the first direction, and though she walked casually and glanced around as they went, taking in the sights with a smile, inside she felt like she was going crazy. Her. Scared of taking a risk. When did that happen? Her whole life was built upon taking risks, taking chances. Whether it was something as simple as climbing a tall tree and walking out on one of the branches to show up or joining the Lumenari to do battle or deciding to take her chances and put her trust in Nexus, her entire life was made up of risks and uncertainty--and she loved it like that. It was a rush, it kept everything new and fresh and it made her feel empowered. And what was this but just one more risk? One more venture into unknown territory? It wasn't nearly as risky as, say...fighting with the Lumenari and putting life and limb in immediete danger.

What was the worst that could happen? If you liked someone, weren't you supposed to...show it instead of be all...backwards about it like her? But maybe she was also a little afraid of...the intimacy. Nexus had some, well...he had some...strange tastes. His idea of "private affection" was a bit...scandalous. And maybe part of her just couldn't forget what had happened in the warehouse even if she had forgiven him.

She trusted him with her life, but maybe she was a bit worried about being pressured into things. Not that she could be pressured into anything because if she didn't want to do something she didn't do it, period, but that wasn't the problem. Nexus was stronger than her, and...

But they did have a deal! And he'd honored it. He may be a pervert at times, but he'd never actually attempted anything.

Gah! It was so confusing, and she knew the only way to solve any of those issues was to bring them up, but...it was too late for that for now! For she noticed with a small start that the market was around them, and she'd hardly even noticed it, wrapped up in her thoughts as she was. Glancing over at Nexus as she came out of her daze, she decided to put her thoughts on hold. Impossible to do, but...she had no choice. Now was not the time or place to sort out their...issues. Or maybe they were more her issues. Ugh.

"Whoa...looks like we're here, huh?" she said, stating the obvious and then smiling a bit sheepishly. "That was easy. The guy wasn't kidding when he said we were pretty close. So..." Making a point of looking around, she turned in a slow circle, examining the shops that were located around them. Then she flashed a grin at Nexus and pointed. "Ah! That one over there looks good. C'mon!" And with that said, she was already striding across the street toward a shop that, from the looks of it, was a fabric and clothing shop.

"Oh, and by the way Nexus...if we get lost or something, you can talk to the guard."

[...xDDD! Holy hells. Ahaha! *tries to decode it* It looks like it has a message! But I have a feeling you're just messing with my head like the bish you are! XP]

Anonymous

"Well you looked like you had a desire to know so..." He shrugged, passing it off as nothing. It was cute, having someone so shy around him. They were almost complete opposites and yet...they clicked. The two of them worked well together, despite their huge differences. He loved that. AT least she wasn't blushing too...hard at this time. She almost seemed to be able to fight that blush. Until she spoke again. Then it seemed that the blush just rushed back in. "Yeah, I do know that, and yes, THAT thing would be a private thing." For her of course. He could do such private actions in the middle of town square. He didn't because there were laws that prohibited such actions and because poor Niamh might explode if he even told her was thinking about that. The poor girl was his ultimate amusement at this time though. "Right, hypothetically speaking." He wasn't sure if that was true or not. She had almost began to considering it right?

He only wished Vec was here. Vec had the power to explain to anyone about matters of this subject. Vec loved things like...well matter of love basically. Vec was a sucker for true love, and he was a god as well so most people took his thoughts into consideration. Sigh.

Cultures like Niamh that hid themselves away from sexuality weren't on Vec's favourite list. After all, on Heiroth Vec made humanoids, and essentially he had created sex and emotions for them for all the right reasons. TO live and reproduce. Two very simple things, and if a culture decided that sex was-heaven forbid-something to be completely eliminated...Vec would always find time to visit them and set them straight. Of course, they weren't in Heiroth and Vec wasn't even here at this time so he couldn't fight the power of Niamh's culture. It was jut surprising him though...

She wasn't a very shy and timid person. She spoke her mind when she wanted to, and she would hold her ground and stand against him. Against HIM of all people. She had even laughed at Vec, and that was a bold move for anyone. Yet...you mention anything about a man and a woman getting together, and suddenly her only opinion is blushing and mumbling about a subject change.

Damn if that wasn't adorable either.

Then again, he loved to bring that subject up just to see her squirm. Maybe he was being a tad bit mean to her. He hadn't been able to torture her, but this might have been his way of getting a rise from her still. It was a messed up relationship they had going, and he wondered how far this would...actually go. Would he be allowed to progress further with her? That would be...odd. He didn't see himself as...a family man. A husband. He did have many skills that people would find admirable in a husband but his personality wasn't something every woman wanted around.

Nexus was pretty sure he kept talking about being the alpha wolf because...he loved that analogy so, and every time he said it, Niamh would stop being so flustered and become as bold as a young wolf trying to challenge the pack leader. He loved it when she tried to fight him back on these subjects. "I don't see you stepping up to take me on Niamh. Oh wait...you already did that before didn't you? I seem to remember how that turned out. I think I won, laying on top of you as well." Technically he had pinned her but...that wasn't the point at this time. The point was simply to get a blush to find its way to her cheeks. He really wanted to see how she handled THAT sort of comment. No...actually this sort of comment. "It was quite an erotic feeling to have you so close like that." Ahhh, he hadn't actually gotten anything from their little fight but...DAMN he wanted to see how she handled that one!

His very final words to her seemed to have...well gotten to her. He didn't want her to over think these sort of things. He never really had a need to do that sort of thing. Sure a plan was great and all, but living just on the edge was fun, not having to give much thought to think. Just follow your gut and your heart. Hm. His organs seemed to like to talk more than his brain did. Big surprise there.

Nexus had really stopped trying to think about it at this time. He was more or less trying to figure out which store they wanted to go into. There was a store that sold decorations for the house, no doubt for the richer people of the city to put a bunch of useless junk around their house. Well...they were technically rich after all...but still. Niamh was going to fill a cart with all the stuff she bought today, this much he knew. She loved the house right from the beginning, no dbout from when he first told her about it, so why wouldn't she want to decorate the place that was hers? The area where she could escape from the world and be completely safe in. Hm. He had never thought of the house that way either, but that was comforting after all.

Nexus glanced over at Niamh for a moment, stealing a look at her. He did love her physical beauty as well as her personality, mentality, and emotional state but...Vec almighty he wondered how he had been able to keep himself at bay for so long...That was another thing that troubled him. Would he become fed up with her ways? Without being able to...well...in crude terms 'get himself off?' He could be very patient at times, and he could also be very impatient at other times. What had stopped him from ravaging her beauty so many times?

It must have been the deal.

He had to honour that deal, because he had done very wrong to her. He supposed that if he decided to force her into any unpleasant situations, he'd just be doing more wrong to her.

That deal...it was a blessing in disguise really. It was so good that she had thought of it.

"Hm? Yeah. We've been here a few minutes now. Welcome to the business district." Nexus said as he took in the sights for a moment, getting his bearings straight at this time. "Right, coming!" He followed after her, noting that she was going to a fabric and clothing shop. Heh. Soon he'd own a place like this...and he would be able to start his own monopoly. Of tailoring stores. That would be...that would be quite an interesting thing. He looked forward to actually making money through work, labour, wits, and intelligence instead of just...summoning it to him. Most people would be the complete opposite, but when you've never had to make money through labour, the thought actually excites you. It makes you feel worthy.

"Hah! You wish Niamh. Though I'm sure that guard has passed your looks to each other guard, so they're probably hoping for you. Wouldn't want to disappoint them!" Nexus replied, grinning all the while at her. Okay, banter was a great tension breaker. THAT helped to get his mind off of...well everything. For that moment he no longer thought of the previous time at the house and just outside the house. Now it was all just fun and games again. He could handle that.

A clothing store. Hm. He should convince Niamh to buy a dress. Heh. He was almost sure she wouldn't...and for that matter...wouldn't let her see any undergarments that she was picking out. That would be much too risque after all.

A man, seeing woman's underwear?! Blasphemy!

[xDDD Maybe there IS a secret code! Probably not though, cause I am a pretty silleh bish after all. I'm trying to get inside your mind. Then I realized that's the last place I want to be.]

Rhindeer

Niamh's face was burning as she walked briskly--and stiffly--toward the clothing shop, glad to escape from Nexus and his little comments for the moment. Holy Light, she had not been expecting that comment from Nexus in regards to their little alpha wolf debate and that had effectively shut her up. In fact, the only response she had been able to manage was a sort of muffled, choked sound before her face had flushed and she'd taken off. Well, actually, the muffled, choked sound had come around the part where he'd mentioned it being "erotic"; prior to that she had only been able to stare in dumbfounded horror as the memory of that little event flooded her memory and took on an entirely different light. What...the...gaaah! Nexus was still as unpredictable as ever, and that comment really couldn't have come at a worse--or better, depending on how you looked at it--time. Right in the midst of her thinking about the damned kisses and what his limits were and all that.

Yeah. Really interesting timing on that, Nexus. Of course, he didn't know what was going through her head and for that she was infinitely grateful. Still. No. That was the last thing she needed to hear, and now she just felt very, well...unclean.

Stupid damned thoughts! She had to get her mind off of all this! But...but...seriously! He hadn't seriously found that...erotic...had he? They'd been grappling, for Light's sake! That had to have been the most...uh...not erotic thing in the world. For one, it had hurt like hell as he'd been twisting her limbs in ways they weren't supposed to be bent, and he could have easily snapped her back or dislocated some joints on that one. And all that had come only just after she'd nearly taken him down with a well placed hand on his neck. Two, they had been in a dirty old warehouse that was all dark and just...ugh. Warehouses.

Yeah. How was all that anything close to being, er, appealing? Probably best not to think about that. Though after that, man, she wouldn't be grappling with him again! She really hadn't even thought of that before, that it could look...bad. Gyah! Right! Think of something else, anything else!

Thank the Light for Nexus' comment. Even if it was bad, it was a godsend right then.

"I think I'll pass!" Niamh called behind her to Nexus, willing her voice to steadiness, trying to sound casual. But she didn't look back at him; she was waiting for the color in her face to recede first. "Then again, it makes you jealous, doesn't it? On second thought, I just might have to. Just to bug you."

And with that said, she slipped quickly inside the shop, still not looking back and just trusting that Nexus wouldn't be far behind.

An older woman with streaks of gray in her brown hair sat behind the counter, idly sewing, and she smiled kindly in greeting as Niamh entered. Obviously she was the seamstress, or at least Niamh assumed. In any case, Niamh wasted no time in going straight to rummaging through the clothes that were already made and up for sale, but it didn't take long. She was quick because she knew exactly what she wanted--a couple of new tunics and some new breeches. Men's, of course; she was vaguely aware of the woman watching her curiously as she headed straight for the men's breeches, holding a pair of brown ones up against herself before deciding they were right for her and then grabbing a pair of similar dark blue, almost black ones. They, like the shirts she'd picked out, would be a little big on her and effectively hide her figure, but she liked them like that.

It only took her a few seconds to pick out the garments because she wasn't really picky. As an afterthought, she made sure to grab an oversized shirt that would come down to her knees for sleeping in.

That done...well...it only left one thing, really.

Something Niamh really didn't want to buy in front of Nexus, something she spotted near the back of the room, something that no woman (or at least Niamh) liked flaunting in front of a man. Niamh chewed on the inside of her cheek, honestly debating just not buying those for now and buying them when she was alone, but then she just drew a deep breath and squared her shoulders as though preparing to do battle. And it was sort of a battle--for her. The challenge would be not dying of humiliation in front of Nexus.

Well, she needed them and there was really no way around it...unless she wanted to go without...and that would be even worse.

Shooting a warning look over at Nexus, she quickly made her way across the store to the back to grab the blasted undergarments.

"Don't come over here, Nexus..." Niamh muttered, quickly piling various, much needed undergarments into her arms before draping the breeches and shirts she'd picked out over her arm and over them, hiding them from view. Maybe a man seeing woman's underwear wasn't exactly blasphemy, but when that man was Nexus, hell no! She didn't want him to see what she wore! Not that it was anything risqué, but she just knew that no matter what it was, she'd never hear the end of it. He'd find some way to dirty it all up...or loudly advertise it all. She'd make sure to carry her purchase herself, too, just so he didn't do anything like show some lecherous guard what she bought today.

She would have his head if he even thought about it.

Face ridiculously stoic as she hid what she'd picked out as though it wasn't completely obvious, she turned to head back toward the counter and away from that section. "Alright, dunno about you but I think I'm done here."

[Ahaha, smart to stay out of my head! It's dark and scary and rather twisted in there. I try and escape it whenever I can. I'm literally out of my mind. x3]

Anonymous

Nexus wondered if it was just him or if it really had just gotten a lot warmer out. Oh wait. No that was the heat that was radiating from Niamh. Aw. She was embarrassed about his comment! Or...was it something else? With her, it was impossible to tell the difference between blushing from embarrassment and blushing because of...well other things. If only he knew just how much she was foucsing on things like the kiss and the wrestling match, and in what light. He was thinking of them in a good light, and in a non erotic way for that matter...well...maybe not the kisses but...the wrestling hadn't been that erotic. He could have made it that way...and he had been planning on doing something like that, letting her escape then wrestling her to the ground and...ANYWAYS. That was in the past now and he had taken on an entirely different perspective of her. Though she was still quite young and inexperienced he didn't mind that because she would learn fast about the world.

He wondered if she'd have to ask Vec to bless her later just to get the filth from her body. Heh, he could bless Niamh all he wanted, he was still going to make her dirty again. It was fun, she always got riled by it.

"Good, then me and the guard can spend some nice quality time together." Hah. It was a bold faced lie but luckily he was good at lying. He wouldn't share Niamh with anyone. She wouldn't allow that first of all, and he never wanted her to be that...unclean. He liked her as she was, pure, innocent, but feisty in her own way.

Nexus followed inside to look around the room, wondering about what was going on here. This seemed like a quaint little shop indeed. Did he really need anything here? He could just...make anything he wanted. Though...he didn't want people to know that after all, so he might as well buy a few things. He headed over to the breeches, where Niamh was right now, smirking slightly at her. He took a brown pair and a very dark green one, looked more like a deep forest green of some sort. This worked for him, he would alter them later if needed. He then moved to grab some long sleeved shirts, both button and lace up ones for comfort and what not.

Nexus looked over, wondering where exactly Niamh was headed. Oh...the underwear area of course. Hah hah. Poor girl seemed rather...stiff about that whole thing. He smiled lightly and waited her by the counter, placing his items on the counter. He watched her from where he was, grabbing all the undergarments that she needed before heading back to him. Heh. He was going to have some fun with THIS sort of thing.

"I'm finished too." He began to fold clothes for the seamstress to put into a nice bag for them, taking Niamh clothes and doing the same thing. Of course, with a quick movement suddenly some of her undergarments just...lost a lot of their material. Nexus gave a shocked look as he held one up, what once was a normal pair of white cotton panties became an assless transparent pair of pink silk panties. "My my Niamh! That's a little risque even for me tastes." His hands were quick, grabbing the rest of them and giving them a quick change, faster than most eyes could follow. Now all of them were of similar design but different colours. "Seems my little blushing beauty has developed quite a bolder side to her."

Nexus was having way to much fun here, and he had a genuinely shocked expression on his face as he looked to the seamstress, who seemed to be giving Niamh a rather pointed look. Oh that was priceless.

"You know I try to convince her everyday to stop wearing things like that but she's just so stubborn about it." The seamstress made a clucking sound as she bagged the article of clothes. Inside Nexus was exploding with laughter, but on the outside he was acting as surprised and shocked as possible.

Gods above he was going to get his ass kicked.

Not that he would mind of course.

Rhindeer

Alright, surprisingly Nexus was behaving himself in the store. He seemed to busy himself doing his own thing, picking out clothes and all that. Which meant everything seemed safe enough. He didn't even seem to be paying any attention to her, and when she turned around and headed back to the counter, he was already there. Whew. Good. He was behaving, which meant this whole trip could be blessedly painless. Maybe he wouldn't be weird about everything. Maybe he was on his best behavior after everything that had happened. Still keeping the garments hidden under the shirts and breeches, she made her way over to the counter, relaxing as she went.

Haha...maybe she was just being silly and paranoid. After all, they were only underwear, right? Not that big of a deal. And the ones she'd picked out were a far cry from scandalous, so what could he possibly say about them? They covered everything, they were white...they were the plainest things ever because, really, she had no need for wearing something fancy that no one was even going to see. And besides, up at the counter the seamstress would be handling everything so...it looked like she was in the clear. Maybe she had just been overreacting. She was just so used to Nexus' weirdness and perviness that she just tended to be overcautious sometimes.

Especially now after everything that had transpired. Now was the time to be even more cautious.

Approaching the counter, she started to set her pile of things down but Nexus took them from her first before she could even protest. For a moment Niamh could only watch with trepidation before she felt her body tense involuntarily as she realized what had happened--and all the dangers of it, too. "Nexus, w-wait!" she started, reaching out to try and take the clothes back. She still didn't want him handling her stuff, just because it was weird and just not for a man to see! But it was at that exact moment that Nexus suddenly whipped out a pair of see-through pink...SOMETHINGS. For a second Niamh didn't even know what it was that he held, just that it was a tiny piece of flimsy cloth, and then...

Niamh felt the color drain from her face as she finally realized just what those somethings were. Or what they were supposed to be. Ho...ly...Light...

For a few seconds that felt like an eternity, she could only stare in stunned silence, blue eyes ridiculously wide, mouth open with protests that never had a chance to come out, and face a ghostly white as she processed it all. For a few moments her mind felt blank in her embarrassment and shock, and only a few stupid thoughts managed to filter through her brain. How...did you even wear those? Which was the front and back? Where did that little string go? It did not go...how did it...what? Nexus' voice snapped her out of her thoughts, and her eyes moved from the skimpy...cloth...to his face, which looked shocked.

And then he had the audacity to blame it on her! Her mortification only continued to grow, however, as he began to pull out more of the nasty things! Blushing beauty had a bolder side?! WHAT?!

"WHAT?! Th-those aren't mine!" she finally managed to choke out, sounding much like she was being strangled. And finally the color began to return to her face, full force, the room suddenly feeling ten degrees warmer. Of course, quickly denying that they were hers, and her quick move to try and take the clothes back from him in the beginning, probably only condemned her all the more. Horrified, she looked over toward the seamstress, who looked disapproving. Oh Light...oh Light...this was bad...this was really bad...

The whole town would think she was a slut now! And she'd only JUST gotten her first kiss! She was NOT a slut!

"I don't know how those got there, but they're not mine! I don't even know what they are! They're not...I wouldn't...I..." And Nexus just kept talking, and her mouth slammed shut with a soft clicking of teeth. HIM! Convince HER not to?! Him! The pervert! And the seamstress seemed to BELIEVE him! Burning with humiliation, her breathing strained with the tightness in her throat, she looked slowly from the seamstress to the oh-so-shocked Nexus. And suddenly those feelings of humiliation and embarrassment turned to anger as she took in his expression, her fists clenching at her sides and jaw tensing. He was acting like HE had a reason to be shocked. HIM.

Oh. Oh, the man was DEAD.

"You bastard!" she snarled, suddenly reaching out, jerking the clothing bag out of the seamstress' hands even as she filled it with their clothes, and with one quick, fluid movement, that bag was slammed upside down and onto Nexus' head, panties, shirts and all. Not even pausing, she aimed a hard, sweeping kick for both of his legs, trying to knock him off his feet while he was distracted. She didn't even care if they were in the middle of a clothing shop. She was just really, really angry. She probably wouldn’t have been quite so angry if they were alone, but in public… "You KNOW I wouldn't wear those! What did you do to my underwear?!"

...Right. Yelling that probably wasn't a good idea. She was practically advertising the whole event.

Anonymous

Yeah, that's only because didn't have an opportunity to misbehave...yet. Oh he had such fun things planned for her. The smell voice in his head told him he probably shouldn't but...already he was formulating a plan, something bad to do to her. Not...bad bad...just...embarrassing. She did need to lighten up of course, and besides Nexus wanted to do something to entertain himself while he payed for the entire ordeal. It wasn't fair if all he did was just stand around and be nice. She probably should have stayed on her toes of course, after all, you were in the company of Nexus, and that was never a good thing. He always had something planned after all. Almost always...It was a brilliant plan he believed, she wouldn't be so...upbeat about the whole thing but...bah...what did that matter right?

Nexus had grinned the whole time as his eyes were focused and locked onto Niamh's face when she saw the pair of flimsy pink underwear. Oh this would be good. This would be really good. The image burned itself into Nexus's mind, and he could see her become whiter than a ghost, which was a hard thing to do for most people. It was amusing though, but not amusing for him to give away that he had done something. Oh no.

"Well they're in your pile of clothes Niamh. They couldn't be mine. I prefer...well I won't stay what I prefer. It would be rude in the presence of ladies." Oh man. He was going to get stabbed for this one. At least the seamstress seemed to agree with him and smiled at him. Oh...Gods ABOVE this was going too well. For a second Nexus thought he had burst a blood vessel in his brain and this was all just a dying image, but no he was still quite alive. This really couldn't get any better for him.

Uh oh. He hadn't expected her to attack him...well...he probably should have but...as the bag was slammed down over his head he was quick to act. At least, his eyes were quick to adjust and penetrate the bag so he could see her next move, which was a sweeping kick for his legs. As if he would let that happen. He jumped back, avoiding her sweeping leg and pulling the bag off of his head. He was smiling as he watched her go about getting angry.

"I don't know what you mean Niamh." Nexus said as he scooped up all the clothing that had been scattered onto the ground. A quick wave of his hand was all it took to change the underwear back to what it needed to be, except for two pairs. No those could stay. "My eyes must be playing tricks on me." Nexus said as he set the clothes back onto the counter, putting aside the two undergarments that weren't like the other plain white garments. "I don't think she wants those. Must have grabbed them by mistake." The poor old seamstress was confused by the sudden change, and was quite suspicious of them but she said nothing as Nexus handed over some nice gold coins to her.

Both Nexus and the woman were quick to fold the clothes up to put away in the bag, Nexus apologizing profusely to the seamstress for the upstart in her shop before leaving, quickly.

Niamh had caused quite a scene, luckily no one was paying much attention to it all.

Nexus stood behind Niamh as he ushered out of the shop. Though he did swoop down to suddenly place a kiss upon the back of her neck, a soft token of affection upon that delicate soft flesh.

"You're way too fun my poppet...and..." Nexus stood back up straight, but Niamh could probably hear very clearly his murmured words before that. More so the part where he said "I'm sorry." Something that wasn't very usual for Nexus. In the next shop he would try to be on better behaviour, but if she made it easy like that...well he could not be held accountable for any of his actions. After all, if he got bored he simple made his entertainment. Besides, she would do the same if she had the chance or the power. Well...then again she could always do other things to annoy him of course...

Though it probably wasn't the best idea to try and ah...get under his skin since he did get very...mean and belligerent with such things. Some things with Nexus weren't a two way street. He could do them, but if someone did them to him...he wouldn't be too thrilled about it. That was just how he was of course. Though, he didn't see Niamh try and do some of the things that would anger him, like flirting with another male or something along those lines. No. She was much to shy for that.

Thank Vec.

That would be...rather hurtful for Nexus. After all, he was wary of women as is, and he was trying his best to put all his faith into Niamh, and for her to break it like that...almost unforgivable. Almost. Such a fickle person he was most of the time.

Rhindeer

Niamh didn't want to hear what Nexus preferred, but luckily he didn't expand upon the details. Rude? Hah! As if changing her underwear wasn't rude! Oh well, even if he had decided to go into details, that had been about the time Niamh had attacked him, grinning triumphantly as the bag connected with his head, though he somehow managed to avoid her kick--which resulted in Niamh nearly toppling over. How the heck had he anticipated that? Of course, she still had no idea about just what his eyes could do...which was probably a good thing.

Straightening up again as Nexus pulled the bag off his head, she glared daggers at him before, with a frustrated huff, she crossed her arms over her chest and turned her back. There was no need to try and smack him again, she'd made her point--or at least, she thought she had. And he was still smiling! Of course he would be, he found this whole thing just so funny. She also purposely avoided looking at the seamstress, who was standing there gaping, and Niamh bit the inside of her cheek to keep from saying anything as Nexus still went on playing innocent. Rrgh...

But if there was one thing about Niamh's temper, it was that it tended to die down as soon as she'd vented, and already she could feel herself beginning to cool down. It was probably a good thing for Nexus that she wasn't the type to hold grudges. She got pissed, said her piece, and then calmed down and let it go. Of course, this also meant that sometimes she said and did things she later regretted and didn't necessarily mean.

Like...having an outburst in a store. Nexus had deserved it! But now as reason returned, she was starting to feel embarrassed for a reason that didn't have to do with...skimpy underwear.

And then she felt like even more of an ass when Nexus actually saved her, saying she must have grabbed the skimpy ones by mistake. Stiffening, Niamh tossed a glance over at Nexus, then turned and started to head outside as he followed, apologizing to the seamstress.

She was in too much of a hurry to get out of there to apologize herself. Ugh...way to go, Niamh. She'd probably just made a stellar first impression there.

Niamh was still visibly irritated as they exited the shop, hands balled into fists and body rigid. Rrgh...maybe she'd overreacted, and she had a nagging feeling that she had, but with all the craziness and confusion and...weird emotions of today, everything had finally just built up until she finally just took out all that pent up frustration at the first possible opportunity. Since Nexus was of course the cause of all those weird thoughts and feelings--feelings she was still stubbornly denying--and since his little prank was the straw that broke the camel's back, it was only fitting that she vented on him! And truth be told, she did feel a little bad for causing a scene like that and...dumping clothes on Nexus' head. She probably should have paused to think before just reacting, but thinking before acting had never been her strong point in the heat of the moment--or rather, in the midst of strong emotions.

She kept her eyes forward as she marched briskly outside, her face no longer red by now, but she probably should have known better than to take her eyes off Nexus for a second.

Because suddenly she felt his lips on the back of her neck, softly kissing her. Gah! Jolting in surprise as a chill coursed down her spine and her skin flushed, Niamh's breathing hitched and for a moment she was too distracted to remember that she was currently pissed off, her mind only registering that it felt rather nice, if a little ticklish. It was brief, though, and as soon as he started speaking she quickly stepped forward and spun around to face him, also raising a hand to rub at the back of her neck as though to massage the sensation away--or shield the area from further "assault." Jeez...hopefully he didn't catch on that she was sort of, ah, sensitive. And more than a little ticklish.

But if one thing was for certain, she no longer looked angry, but instead looked rather calm, if still a little annoyed. Whether her sudden calm was the result of the kiss or the result of what he said was anyone's guess. Probably a combination of both, though one thing was for certain, she didn't yell at him for the kiss.

Just as she'd let the second kiss slide for Light only knew why, she let this one slide, too.

Staring up at him with wide eyes and letting her hand remain rested on her neck, she cleared her throat. Ergh. She still wanted to be mad at him, too. What he'd done had been a really...bad! Sure, she hadn't reacted much better, but...she still had a right to be mad! Yet with that damned kiss and his apologizing, and he hardly ever apologized--though she had gotten a few out of him today, amazingly--it was just...ridiculously difficult to remain angry. So not fair. "Er...it's alright, no long-term damage done," she said quietly, just loud enough for him to hear it. If apologizing was difficult for him, vocalizing forgiveness and admitting that she'd also been out of line was hard for her. In that area they weren't quite so opposite--after all, they were both strong-willed and stubborn.

But if he was going to apologize, Niamh couldn't help but feel compelled to, as well. She dropped her eyes from his face and studied the ground.

"Look, I'm sorry, too. For ah...making a scene. It's just the only way I know to shut you up and even that doesn't work so well," Niamh said with the hint of a wry grin, shifting from one foot to the next and finally dropping her hand from her neck. She finally looked back up at him, and muttered through her teeth, "I just don't want people to think I'm some...some harlot. Alright? It's our first day here, Nexus..." And if Niamh got embarrassed in private around Nexus, oh man, nothing was worse than having an audience. Niamh normally didn't care what strangers thought, but they would be living here!

Nexus, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy having an audience.

Erk.

"So...oh! Hey, give me the bag, I'll carry it," Niamh said on a sudden impulse, remembering that said bag contained her private things. She reached out for it, shooting Nexus a knowing look, smirking lightly. "I don't trust you with that, it's too dangerous for you to hold onto! And anyway, where're we going next?"

Anonymous

Nexus loved this place because there was only one person who KNEW about him. That person was currently beside him throwing up a fit of anger and very deep blushing. She was so cute when she tried to be angry. Luckily Nexus had learnt how to disarm her from such things. Except the blushing. He could just make that worst, but the anger, oh he could make the anger go away. That was okay with Niamh, her emotions were usually easy to persuade into the right directions. Not that he was playing with her emotions when it came to their conversation earlier...oh no...that had been completely serious, which was strange for Nexus. He was a fun loving man who enjoyed to play with people and things, and yet with Niamh, he was usually in a mixture of serious and playful moods.

Heh. He would eventually have to tell her about his little trick that he had. The powers that be granting him the ability to see through things. Oddly enough, most people would say it was completely perverted, to see be able to see through clothes and what not but...in retrospect Nexus had grown bored of that. He had better uses for it anyways. Like seeing through buildings, clouds, solid rock, rain, and even looking into fire. All of those were pretty neat, you haven't lived until you've seen the very core of a fire burning.

Nexus wondered how Niamh felt when he saved her by returning most of her underwear to its normal colour and shape. She must have felt quite...bad after her display in the store now, but that was alright, she did have every right to be angry after all! He had done something completely mean to her, which of course is why he had to apologize, or at least, why he would apologize soon.

With a final goodbye and sorry to the seamstress, they were gone from the store. Though, Nexus did wish that he was able to stuff a few of those rather skimpy pairs into the bag. They'd look great on Niamh. Sigh, the life of Nexus was never over!

Niamh definitely learnt never to take her eyes off of Nexus. He did so love kissing her, her skin was so soft, so delicate, so pale and beautiful. It brought him back to why he hadn't been able to ravage her. Was it because he had actual feelings and that scared him? Maybe it was because he didn't want to...ruin her. She was just like the world of Annori...No life on the surface of this frozen land...just a fresh blanket of snow every day, untouched for nothing survived the cold weather too long. But it was beautiful to look at...untouched...unspoiled...just like Niamh. Heh.

He had caught her sensitivity, and at the same that she was ticklish. He had also caught the surprised chill down her spine, and once more her flushing skin. Man this was just too much fun with her! At least she didn't seem angry anymore because of the kiss. Actually....she seemed to have calmed down. That was quite the interesting turn of events. His plan to disarm Niamh and her anger had worked perfectly, and he was quite happy for that. An angry Niamh, usually meant a Niamh that wanted to get back at him.

Hey...She didn't even yell at him for the kiss! That was a big change of events. Maybe she really did have some...feelings back for him. At least he knew this might...be able to go somewhere?

So that was one kiss that she didn't like, their...first kiss technically, and then two more kisses that she let slide. He was up to a pretty good average now wasn't he?

"And don't worry about the seamstress. I'll go back tomorrow and just explain to her about us." He'd literally do that too. No violence, no money, no threats. He'd just say they were a couple of confused kids in love. Technically they...sort of were...Except Nexus had technically entered manhood....seventeen thousand years ago...hell, he was pretty much in ancient corpse hood! Except his body hadn't aged since he was about twenty three or so. He couldn't remember. It had been too long. Ahem. In any case, he was apologizing so much and trying to make things right after he had done wrong because not only was it in his nature, but also because he wanted this to go somewhere. He didn't want to scare her off and send her packing for...Gods know where. Not like Niamh had...many places to go after what he had done...

Oh my! She was apologizing now too. That was quite unexpected and he really did like to hear her side of all this. Of course, she didn't really NEED a side from all this. He had pretty much been the one to do all this to her anyways. He could guess her side right away anyways, embarrassed, ashamed, and...frustrated. Yeah. That seemed about right.

"I know Niamh, but you're far from being a harlot." Nexus let his hand rest upon her shoulder as he grinned at her. "Who cares what people think remember? As long as you know, then what is the problem right? I know it's going to take you a while to ah...get used to that idea but...you'll get the hang of it." Nexus would help her not care what other people thought about her. She'd get through this really quickly. However she was onto the next thing, grabbing the bag from him, to which made him grin even more.

"I don't see why you'd care. I can change what is in there from standing beside you. I won't of course, because clothes are sacred to you. Wouldn't want to get kicked either." He flashed a grin at her as he looked around the commercial district. Hm hm hm...where to go now. Right. The decoration store!

"Right over there Niamh. See that large building there...it's the decoration store. Looks like it had furniture in it too. That's where we're going. Look at some carpet, drapes, knick knacks for the walls and what not...new furniture if you see any you like...blankets, comforters, pillows, all that you need to fill your house up to make it look like your own." Neuxs dreaded going there, because he dreaded what she would buy but...he wanted her to feel like this was their home...that she could be safe there...and if that meant bright and cheery then by the Gods their house would be bright and cheery.