Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So a heathen, a heretic and a God enter the city... [Shizzy]

Started by Rhindeer, March 21, 2007, 01:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Oh...alright. Thanks. Ah, forgive me if I don't go to the seamstress with you. I...maybe it'd be best if I just don't go back for a bit," Niamh said quietly, trying to hide her embarrassment. She was still embarrassed about the underwear incident itself, and now there was also how she had reacted to it, which she supposed wasn't much better. However, she did have to admit that, bad as she felt about it now, it had felt rather satisfying at the time to smack Nexus over the head with a bag full of clothing. Because really, he did get what was coming and Niamh certainly wasn't the type to let anyone do anything she didn't like and get away with it! Even more so when it came to Nexus.

Especially when it came to Nexus. Give him an inch and he'd run a mile. You had to be careful with him and stay alert, or at least she sure did, and even more now that other, ah...issues and things were starting to surface.

"Hey, what're you gonna tell her?" Niamh asked as an afterthought, realizing he'd said "explain about us" and...suddenly she wondered just what he was going to say about them. Er...maybe she should go with him after all, on second thought. Just to make sure he didn't say anything weird.

Guuh...and this whole thing only served to remind her that they had a lot to talk about when they got home--whoa, home, that sounded so weird, but anyway! It was going to drive her insane. She wasn't even sure why. But everything he'd said just...it had stuck with her. She could push it out of her mind for a little while, but it was still there.

And him kissing her wasn't helping!

She should have probably told him to cut that out...it had been on the tip of her tongue...yet for some reason she couldn't get the words out there...

Ah! No thinking about it, no thinking about it!

When Nexus placed a hand on her shoulder she jolted a little and glanced up at his face quickly, for a moment looking like she was considering running, though she ended up staying put. It was just reflex, really, and considering the number of times he'd already grabbed her and kissed her today--only two times on the lips, but this was sort of a first time deal for her!--it was almost like she expected him to swoop and "attack" again at any moment. Yeah, she was on guard with him! He didn't, though, and the tension melted out of her shoulders as she relaxed, though she was surprised to feel a slight twinge of disappointment among the immense relief.

She ignored it, though, and instead gave a weak smile up at Nexus, licking her lips nervously, feeling foolish. Thank the Light he wasn't a mind-reader, because he was sure doing a number on her mind today. Then again, he probably wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of her thoughts even if he could, because she hardly understood it herself. It made no sense.

"Ahaha...thanks," she said, reaching up without thinking to pat his hand before slipping free and grabbing the bag. "Good to know. I  mean, I know I'm not, and you know I'm not--" Of course he did, she was a complete prude compared to him and she was sure it drove him nuts. "But...Nexus, I don't really care what they think about me. I never really cared what people thought, not my whole life, otherwise I'd be back in Solis wearing dresses and weaving baskets now or something, probably have a kid or two, too." She shuddered at the thought. The roles back in her home town were pretty rigid and traditional.

"But I got a lot of crap back in Solis for everything, you know? And...I just want to avoid that here. I don't know what people here think about some stuff...or if they even care...everyone knew everyone's business back in my home town...ergh, does that make sense? Maybe I'm over-analyzing stuff again..." she trailed off, then shook her head. "I guess I'm just saying I don't care what they think, but I don't wanna get hazed for it, either, you know?"

Okay, and so it was also pretty embarrassing if people actually assumed certain things, but...ahem. That was beside the point.

Hefting the bag over her shoulder, it was then that Nexus made his other little comment. With a slight twitch, Niamh shot him a warning look though she was smirking a little. “Good, because you would get kicked and I might aim a little higher next time,â€? she said lightly, even though she wouldn’t really do that, she wasn’t meanâ€"well, unless Nexus was really out of line, but after seventeen hundred years of living, she was also pretty he got good at blocking. Nonetheless, she tightened her grip on the bag a little, protectivelyâ€"as if that would make a difference. Sacred clothes. Well…he did have a point. She liked her clothes. A lot. They kept her from being naked after all.

Looking to the building Nexus directed her attention to, she brightened. Ah! Exactly the store she’d been looking forward to! For one, she was going to have fun decorating the house. It wasn’t something she’d normally be into, but it made a difference that it was herâ€"theirâ€"home. Right now it was too bare and dark for her tastes, so it’d be nice to make it more homey. That, and she didn’t think there was any possible way for Nexus to embarrass her in a store like that. After all…drapes and rugs couldn’t be skimpy and scandalous. Unlike the clothing shop, it would be safe.

Too bad she had no idea Nexus was dreading it. She would have taken advantage of that. Picked out all pink just to psych him out.

“Whoa…that place is huge…� Niamh remarked absently, then grinned and hefted the bag on her shoulder. “Alright, let’s go then. But, ah…� She looked over at Nexus. “You know it’s your place too, right? I mean, you bought the place, so…you can pick stuff out, too.� Just because he kept saying it was hers, and, well…she felt it was only fair. Half and half, right? “Anyway…let’s go see what they have, eh?� she said, opening the door and slipping inside.

…And she was immediately drawn to a bright rug of reds and oranges, like a sunrise. Or it looked like one to her. It was bright and colorful though! “Hey, whatcha think of this?� she asked, stooping and lifting it up.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"It would be better if I went alone. My silver tongue works better that way." Nexus wasn't planning on hurting her, on forcing the woman to think what he wanted, but he literally was going to just explain the situation to her. He wouldn't go into full details about them being refugees, but he would explain that they were basically just...two people with deep feelings for each other but were immature at times. It was the truth after all! Nexus and Niamh both could be immature, they had proven that quite well in the store after all. Of course, the seamstress had no idea that Nexus could manipulate clothing like that, so in the eyes of the seamstress, Niamh was at fault. He would work on that as well. Nexus really didn't want to end up with Niamh hating him for the rest of the day like that.

"I'm just going to explain the situation. About..us really. How we're both very nervous and edgy about each other's company." It was true too, they were both nervous about being around each other, for different reasons. Nexus had surmised that she was nervous because she never...had someone like Nexus chasing her because of feelings for her...not to mention other things along those lines. Nexus as well wasn't sure how to express himself to her without falling back to his old ways.

Nexus wanted to stay outside for as long as possible, avoiding going home any time soon...that would mean they would have to start discussing things like the relationship and where they should go from there.

It was going to be hectic, hopefully Vec will have showed up.

At least she hadn't really told him to stop kissing her! Only he couldn't do it if he didn't mean it! So he had to mean it basically. That was easy enough.

A little bit of sadness filled Nexus when she jolted in place. She looked almost like a scared deer for a moment, and he really...well he really didn't like that either. Of course, she had full reason to be scared of him, what with the warehouse incident, the Lumenari Incident...Ketra...and of course the kissing assault he had done. Usually he would feel good about someone fearing him like this but honestly it felt a little hurtful when it was Niamh. It was understandable why she was a little...jumpy at this time but still, he would rather prefer her not to be so wary of him.

"I understand what your thinking Niamh, but this is a city. A city can have millions of people living in it. Not everyone is going to know you and I, and not everyone is going to care really. This city probably has seen a ton of people like you and I...so to speak. We're just two people. Two people don't often get remembered." Nexus knew that sort of thing well. If two people just acted like people, and not like monsters as he often did, then they wouldn't be remembered very well. They would just be two more people living in Arca.

"It's got to be. It has to hold all this stuff in it after all." He wouldn't tell her this, but this was a warehouse basically. Ever since Cerenis, the word warehouse had been completely removed from his vocabulary. The best thing to do was to not mention it at all. "If I see something I might like, I'll pick it out." Maybe they had a nice bookshelf or something like that here...he did have a lot of books that he wanted to get rid of, empty out the bag of holding at his side. Not his journals and what not of course, those would stay right there. Niamh would probably die if she read any of them too.

Nexus followed after her as she went to look at a rug. It...was a bright rug. Just stay calm Nexus, that's all he could do at this point. Stay calm. "I think in your room it would be...interesting. However red and orange are very different colours, and as such they would clash with all the rooms. Our house is mostly white, with some wooden trim and what not. Unless you want to paint the room so the red and orange wouldn't clash with the rest of the room. This also means you have to get matching everything else for the house. It's best to stick with more neutral colours I believe. Things that blend better. Not exactly the standard white, grey, and black but...well you know what I mean." Ugh, Nexus felt a little dirty going over all that but still, it was pretty true. She would have to colour coordinate with the house they had.

"and I'm not going be painting the entire house to suit all your needs." Nexus would have to actually paint the house, he had no spells or magic power to help with colouring a house. So that meant hard physical labour...and that wasn't going to be something he would do. Something caught his eye though...a very strange bed spread. Without a word he left Niamh where she was to approach the bed spreads. This one was black with gold inlay on one side...but it was reversible, the other side being white and gold with a black inlay. Oh that would work out perfectly in the spare bedroom. If Vec stayed with them, they could just remake the bed with the right colours facing the right way...and when he himself wanted to stay in the bedroom, he could put the black facing up. That was ingenius, he had never seen something pulled off like that before.

Hm, maybe Niamh would also like to get herself a new bed spread...and maybe a few more pillows. Hm, this might actually be a fun experience with Niamh...who could say? It would surely take their minds off of everything at least.

Rhindeer

That made sense in a way. Niamh's home town had been relatively small, and she had never been to an actual city until she traveled through the main city of Solis with the Lumenari on their way out of the country. Light she'd never even been far out of her own town prior to that, the furthest she'd travelled being the temple a few towns over. She was used to small-town life, where everyone knew everyone, where it was a community, where there were no strangers and secrets leaked out and people talked. It was hard to wrap her mind around the idea that here no one would really give a care about two random people, yet what Nexus said did make sense...

And it was kind of a relief, too. Back home, all the gossip had drove her insane and there had been a lot social pressures, too. A city. The idea of everyone minding their own business and doing their own thing.

That sounded really, really nice. It would take some time to get used to that concept, but nonetheless Niamh relaxed as Nexus explained it, exhaling.

Just remember, Niamh. Big city. Thousands or millions of people, who knew? No one would remember her.

They could be themselves.

Well...Nexus...he could be...his good self. Not his depraved self. Ahem. After all, they had a deal.

The building was indeed huge on the inside and packed with a lot of stuff, as Nexus pointed out, and it never once occurred in her mind that this was a warehouse just like the building of her nightmares. It didn't look a thing like it, filled with goods and rather bright on the inside, with other people mulling about and inspecting various wares. The other warehouse had been run down, dark, and completely empty...so to Niamh, this was just another building to her. Nothing dangerous or ominous about it. Still, it was a good thing Nexus didn't call it a warehouse, otherwise no matter how bright and safe and populated inside it was, she would have bolted. No question about it, she would have run and refused to go back in. Maybe it was irrational, but as much as she'd moved on from that experience and put it behind her, she still had occassional nightmares and certain things could trigger the memories. Warehouses, for one, would probably forever be associated with very bad things...and of course whips and ropes, obviously.

She had come to trust Nexus with her life and she was starting to open up her heart--or at least, she was entertaining the idea--but she still had her...aversions to certain objects at least. That probably wouldn't go away. They were associated with pain, after all, and while pain might have turned Nexus on, it most definitely turned her off. And scared the hell out of her.

Holding the rug out to Nexus, she waited for Nexus' response as he seemed to study it, silent. And when he spoke...

Well. Niamh hadn't expected that. She'd pretty much just expected a simple "yeah, looks good" or "no, it's hideous", but instead Nexus launched into an explanation of...the values of color coordination? Whaaat? Niamh stared at Nexus as he spoke, seriously no less, and then, her lips twitched with the effort to hold back a smile. Oh...Light...was he serious? He...he knew more about decorating and color coordinating and matching than she did! Or, heck, more than a lot of women she'd come across! Her own mother hadn't really done much with their own house, since they really didn't have the money to spend on frivilous decorations when that money was to be used to put food on the table.

Niamh could feel the laughter bubbling up in her throat, and she slowly started to roll the rug back up. Finally, as Nexus ended his "lecture", Niamh set the rug down and clamped a hand over her mouth, though she couldn't quite repress the giggle. "It...it's alright...you don't...eheheh...you don't have to paint the house, Nexus," she managed to get out, shoulders shaking with barely contained laughter. She would not laugh at him. She would not laugh at him. Light, but he got so beligerant when she laughed at him, so it was best to keep things civil between them lest he want to get revenge on her. Which would be bad. Heheh. Still. Light, she learned something new about him everyday!

Just because she couldn't help it, she had been about to add that it might be better if he did the decorating since he had the more womanly touch between them, but luckily for them both Nexus seemed distracted and headed away from her, toward some bedspreads. Ah! Bedspreads. That was more important than rugs, actually, since she did so love her sleep and she did so love beds. Especially since she hadn't been in one since the inn. Oh man. She was so going to make her bed great! They had money to waste, right? She was really going to take advantage of it.

Heading after him and giving a glance at the one he'd picked out--which looked like him, he did seem to have a flair for the fancy--she headed for the pillows not far away. She'd deal with he bedspreads later, the pillows just looked great after a lot of nights sleeping on the ground. There had already been two on her bed, but a few more couldn't hurt, right? Besides, those ones had been white and plain, and Niamh was immediately drawn to a couple pastel blue ones. Those would be pretty...it was a neutral light color, too, and would go well with white. Hmm...maybe some pastel yellows for her room, too...pale blues and yellows went well together and they didn't clash with white. That could be for her bed.

Popular colors in Solis were light, cheery colors, though of course the main colors were white and gold. Heck, those were the standard colors and priests and priestesses wore, but aside from that, pastels were popular. Dark colors...not so much. After all, in the desert the last thing you wanted around you were a lot of dark colors--that would make it miserable. Light colors, and a lot of whites, reflected the sun on the other hand. Sure, Mother Sun was loved and Niamh didn't mind the heat, but not even she and the other Solisi were completely immune to it, and the desert could get unbearably hot especially at the peak of summer.

Looking over at Nexus and scooping up two big fluffy pillows, one pale blue and one a light yellow, she hugged them to her chest and headed back over to the bedspreads. Hmm...a light blue bedspread would work, and the sheets could stay all crisp and white. "Hmm...that's really pretty," she told him, looking at the bedspread. Hopefully her calling it "pretty" didn't turn him off of it. Guys could be weird about that! She did like the primarily gold and white side, though, but the black side was...a bit dark for her. It was pretty obvious that they had very different tastes--what she'd picked out was very, very plain.

"Whatcha think about pastels, by the way?" she asked, tucking on pillow under each arm and going around to where she saw just what she'd been looking for--a light blue bedspread. Perfect! Ugh, it was going to be hard to carry all this, though, that was for certain.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The city was perfect, only the people really around you knew who you were. Of course...at this time Nexus knew that he would have to somehow change his image. The eyes were the worse part about him because he couldn't change them...he could only hide them at this time. That was a huge problem of course, a lot of trouble was his damn eyes. He would need to figure a way around them eventually. Because he didn't want to be known as the man with the hangman eyes...and that was horrible. It was a trade mark and impossible to miss, it meant that if there were any bounties on his head, it would be easy to find him. Very easy...

So the smartest thing for him to do was to try and hide them all he could. After all, people did like to talk when they were bored, and people with anomalies and strange medical conditions were always a good topic. Not for men though...they only mentioned nymphomania...for the obvious reason of course.

Big city though...it couldn't POSSIBLY go that far. Not everyone would know it...he was worried...he didn't like to leave the city really. The wilderness was secluded of course but in the city...all of his debauchery and habits could be fulfilled. Sigh.

The city.

It was a glorious place.

Just as long as he kept poor Niamh away from things that were like whips, ropes, and big warehouses of course. Of course if he gave them a different name then he would be fine...He didn't want her to run because...well then he would chase her and that would bring Guards...and guards were hard to deal with. 'Oh yeah, she's actually my...girlfriend of sorts...she's just scared of warehouses for some reason.' and that would seem like a lie and everything would go very bad. So he would keep his mouth shut about what this building was, and it was going to be fine then. He would have to keep her safe from freaking out, and if there was any trouble then...well he would get through it with her.

He knew that she would never like the things that he liked...after all he was into pain for a source of pleasure, where she would probably only be interested in pleasure as a source of pleasure...He would have to get used to the idea of not hurting someone or being hurt to gain some stimulus. That would take some time but still...he would get through it.

She was going to laugh. He could see it after he had spoke. He glared just a little bit but he said nothing at this point. "Thanks." It was a dry thanks, sarcastic even because he knew that she wanted to laugh. So he knew something about colour coordination, big deal. What did that matter even? Nothing. He had lived a long time, that was all it was about. And...he had worked as a tailor and decorator a few times as a cover story. Ahem. At least he knew what he was doing right?

There was a small number tag on the edge of the bed, several of them actually. Oh. He took one of them and smiled. They would have a surplus stock no doubt somewhere, and they'd give the tags to the cashier, pay for everything, then either have them delivered or picked up. He had worked with this system before, it was one of the more efficient ideals, and it really stopped thieves. After all, if the displays went missing then something was up. Of course that only worked for the larger items, pillows and what not were kept in the large quantities at the store itself., it was a smart idea none the less.

"Yeah, that would look rather well in your room." He said as he noted the bedspread she was looking at. He reached over and took a tag from the bedpost and smiled at her. She would get it then because that's what she wanted right? He had to be nice to her, and besides, they deserved to splurge like this on stuff that they wanted to have...stuff that would work for their home, to make it more homely for them...this place was perfect for it. "The pillows? They look good, they'll go well with your room scheme...of you know...white." How boring. He was going to paint the room that he would stay in...so to speak. Of course he couldn't make it too bad a colour after all, because Vec would also be staying there and that would be a bad thing if he painted it all dark and such. Plus it probably got hot in this city. Bah.

"If it has a tag like this, just take the tag, if it has more than one item lying around just...grab the item I suppose...I think there are some baskets back at the door...maybe there's a small push cart or something too..." Nexus began to look around, wondering if there was some way to carry what they wanted easier. No doubt Niamh would want to just stock up on everything cute and decorative that she could find.

Rhindeer

"It's not just gonna be white, y'know," Niamh muttered dryly, patting the bedspread absently. "White walls, sure, but whatever I put in there will give it color." Better than a black bedspread, anyway! Black. Blah. Such a dark, boring color, all lifeless like the night. This color at least looked like the sky in the daytime, cheerful and soft and--holy Light, she had to get out of this store fast. What was she thinking?! Or doing for that matter. She was in an actual shop...looking for stuff to design a house. And already she was starting to think about what would match and what would go with what and the difference between warm and cool colors.

Good grief, this was pathetic. This store was warping her mind! She was a freakin' fighter, an ex-crusader, not some bubbly housewife shopping for deals and the perfect shade of red to accent a room. Ugh. Actually, this whole city was warping her. First a bunch of underwear, now pillows and bedspreads. And Nexus was doing it too. Cities. She knew there was a reason her family lived outside the city...and yet she couldn't help but be fascinated by this city and all its excess.

Mildly horrified at herself, Niamh pulled her hand away from the comforter that she'd been stroking, considered it for a moment, and then with a shrug she tucked both pillows between her knees to hold and prepared to peel the comforter off the display bed. What the hell. It was going to be her room and her house that she'd be living in, so why not make it aesthetically pleasing? And then...she'd just never think or speak of this shameful day again. However, before she could start to actually remove the comforter, Nexus spoke up, and with a small jolt she quickly released the blanket and reflexively hid her hands behind her back and smiled foolishly, as though it wouldn't be obvious that she had been two seconds away from making a complete and utter fool of herself.

Oh.

"...Right. Tags. That makes sense," Niamh said, and cleared her throat discreetly. Ahem. Yeah. Tags. She supposed it made more sense than ripping a big blanket off a display bed...but how was she supposed to know that? She'd never actually bought anything like this from a shop like...this. In Solis, she and her mother had made all their blankets and stuffed their pillows, never gotten them from somewhere else. Even the decorations in their little three room home were hand made. They made what they could, and what they couldn't make they bought or traded for with the other craftsmen, weavers, and carpenters in the village.

Picking up her pillows and squishing them both under one arm, the bag with all their previous purchases flung over her other shoulder, she then made a beeline for the front of the store to look for a basket or cart like Nexus had mentioned--and to cover up her blunder. Unfortunately she didn't find a push cart, but she did find a basket, and she quickly scooped it up and began to meander around the building. She decided she was done with the bigger items--really, pillows and a comforter were enough for her, and she was still a little overwhelmed by all the bloody choices--and instead focused on the smaller, decorative things, still feeling amazed with herself. She still couldn't believe she was actually doing this...yeah, after today, this was it! Gah, she really needed to go find a armory of some sort...that would be good. Then maybe she could also find a double-bladed staff. It wouldn't be like her old Incendia one--ugh, she missed that thing--but it would suffice, and she needed to get back into practicing with it.

That would make her feel more like a fighter again, and less like...uh...well, less like a weak, silly girl that was currently browsing through candleholders. Shudder. And Light knew she needed to work on her fighting skills. Niamh was still sore--and disturbed--about just how many times, and how easily, she had been kidnapped and hauled around...

Niamh knew Nexus was there. He'd protect her, he'd promised. But...she didn't want just protection. She didn't want to need protection. She wanted to be able to protect and fend for herself, be as truly independent as she'd always felt, which...well, she had thought she would have been able to defend herself when the time came, but as she'd learned the hard way she still had a ways to go.

Maybe she could ask Nexus to help with that. He'd lived seventeen hundred years. He knew how to fight. Besides, any training also meant sparring, of course, and he'd seemed to enjoy that.

Realizing she'd picked up the same silver candleholder at least five times during her distracted thoughts, she finally just shrugged and stuck the thing in the backet. Hey, it was pretty, anyway! Held three candles and was engraved with an ivy design.

Niamh browsed around for a little longer before, deciding she'd had her fill, she searched through the store to find Nexus. The little basket was pretty much full, filled with various candleholders--some of which mounted on the walls--figures cut from colored glass, and a few vases for flowers. Looking a little sheepish, she held the basket out to him so he could see the shiny objects within it, staring pointedly off to the side. She still couldn't believe she'd just done that. "Er...so, yeah. I think I'm done here. Found a lot of random stuff and...if you don't like anything, just, ah, don't worry. It's going in my room," she told him, finally looking back up at him. "Find anything?"

And then, as though remembering something, she brightened. "Oh yeah, this is kinda random but before I forget, d'ya think you can teach me to fight sometime? Well, I mean, better than I do. I was thinking about looking around for another staff. I feel out of practice. But any type of style is fine, I don't have to use just that," she said, trailing off and shifting her weight from one leg to the other.

Anonymous

((Ahhh poor Niamh! Vry poor Niamh. Mwahaha second post!))

"Of course it isn't." Nexus chuckled a little bit as he shook his head. Whatever. She could have whatever colour she wanted in her room, but at the same time...white just...well he didn't like white. There were thousands of other colours out there anyways! White just was the worst in his mind. Of course...I mean...he just wore...brown leather a lot of the time...and dark colours but...there were tons of dark colours. Hm, maybe later he'd make himself a new wardrobe...and surprise Niamh with a few skirts and dresses. By Vec he was going to have her in at least three dresses and two skirts. She'd look much better in them anyways. The breeches looked great on her but still, seeing bare legs on her, heh...he wouldn't mind that at all.

"Well, they do like to think ahead after all Niamh. Can't have people just ripping the displays apart." Nexus said simply as he held back a chuckle. It wasn't that it was funny, it just seemed that she was...well she was making it funny. So he gave a small chuckle, covering it up with a cough of course as he smirked ever so slightly. Yes, he was getting naughty thoughts about her in bed as well. Could anyone really blame him for that anyways? Probably not. He was Nexus, he was a pervert, and he was...in a strange...relationship of some sort with a woman who frowned on all sexual contact. Yeah. That was just odd.

Nexus just began to wander around with her...well, from a distance. He was just...looking for interesting things. Rugs, better cookware, silverware, dishes and what not. This was like an outlet store, it had everything here. Later they'd go look for a store that sold artwork and what not. Having all that artwork would liven the place up, make it a litlte more comfortable. Hm...drapes too. He sighed and pulled the tags from a few rather nice and thin drapes. Something for Niamh's bedroom perhaps. Thin enough to let light through, but thick enough to stop peepers. If there was one thing he wasn't going to stand, it was people looking into Niamh's bedroom. Only he got that honour. Ahem, even though he never got to look...still! When it happened...it'd be fantastic and what not. He got a few more tags for more drapes, kitchen, living room...he saw things for...the basement too. They could make it into...something...Something that wouldn't mortify Niamh. Sigh...If only.

That basement had to become something. Storage. Library. Study. ANYTHING! It couldn't sit there empty! If it did...that wouldn't be good. Nexus would revert, he just knew it too. Then...he had...well he had strange...day dreams of doing bad things to her in that basement. Dragging her down there...tearing open her clothes...and just having his way with her. Over and over again. Cutting her...whipping her...Oh...the fun he could have with her...that body...her breasts...that rear end...her nice beautiful mouth...soft supple hands and skin...Lord. Weeks of fun, keeping her chained against the ground, teasing her with promises of light, food, water...

It must have been strange to see just standing there in the middle of the store, staring off into space, holding a bunch of stuff. A large man in a leather coat and fedora, the brim pulled down and just...standing there. He was lost in a fantasy of his, and boy...he was enjoying it. Ah...he could almost hear her talking and pleading...it...it was real. Nexus focused back in, looking to her sharply. Damn it! That had been...nice too. She looked...wonderful. He almost got lost in his mind again. Almost.

"I found a few things indeed." He tried to sound casual, but it was more dreamy than anything. He had found a basket and put a few items in there, like the tags, a couple of pillows, some little things to decorate the walls and what not. Mostly the pillows were taking up the basket at this time. Why did he have to think of this stuff at at time like this. He shifted where he stood as she asked him something, his head tilting to the side.

"T-teach you to fight? Sure...Another staff? Right...You know I'm more of a grappler...my whole family is. Except for Vortex. He likes...ranged weapons. Ahem...Vec is the person to go to for staff fighting...he's actually pretty good surprisingly." Nexus knew right then and there what to make the basement into. A sparring room. That...that would solve everything. Well, it'd solve HIS problem anyways...The problem of wanting to do bad things in the basement. He would start drawing up a plan when they got home of the basement. Really this was an excellent idea.

With the basement a sparring room, he'd be able to release a bit of his anger anyways...at night he could train. He needed to improve himself anyways if he wanted to protect himself and Niamh...it would...it would work out. Then if any bounty hunters or...Lumenari came by...he would be able to fight them back...well...he could do that already but...ahem. This way he might not actually die, or he could buy enough time for Niamh and Vec to run away and get to somewhere safe.

Rhindeer

Niamh raised an eyebrow at Nexus, giving him a strange look. "You alright?" That...was kind of odd. He'd sounded kind of out of it there, dreamy, but after a few seconds Niamh decided that he was probably just bored. This was all new and exciting to her--if a bit frightening because she was actually picking out stuff for their house--but for someone who'd lived seventeen thousand years, this was probably a drag. Looking away from hus face to instead focus on the basket of stuff he held, she smiled a little. Heh, at least she wasn't the only one that got bitten by the shopping bug.

Good thing she hadn't the slightest idea of what had really been going on in that strange head of his. It was a good thing for both of them, actually. She was still unaware of the basement and if she knew what Nexus was thinking about her in regards to basements...yeah, that would have been her cue to split, and it would have quickly fractured all the trust they'd been working on building.

For that matter, on a much more harmless note, it was also probably a good thing she didn't know about his dress and skirt plan. Because Niamh just...didn't do skirts or dresses. It just didn't happen. She'd been forced to wear them in Solis and she'd hated every second of it. You couldn't run around or spar or climb trees in dresses or skirts. Not to mention Niamh just wasn't the most "ladylike" person out there. She liked being <I>comfortable. She didn't want to have to worry about how she <I>sat. That was just ridiculous, and with breeches you could sit however you wanted, run around, be comfortable, and not have to worry about anyone trying to peep up your skirt or accidentally flashing anyone when the wind picked up or you made a wrong move.

"Yeah, teach me. I know you're a grappler and stuff but that's fine. I wanna learn that, too. I mean, it's good to know how to fight without a weapon in case you get disarmed, and that's always been my weak point. Magic, too." That she said more quietly, like it was still a dirty, forbidden word, and she shifted again so she could adjust the strap on her shoulder from the bag of clothing when it started to bite into her skin. Fiddling with the items she held and looking down at her own basket, she gave a little shrug. "I mean, if you wanna and don't mind, of course. I'd understand if you're busy since you're gonna be opening a shop, right? And I mean, I'm sure I can find someone in this city who'd be willing to teach this kinda stuff, take on students, that sorta thing."

Of course she'd prefer it if he taught her, but she was also making it clear that, whether or not he taught her, she was bound and determined that she would learn one way or another. She wasn't about to be made to feel so helpless again...and if something ever happened, she wanted to be able to stand by and help Nexus. She still felt like she needed to prove herself.

But for now, Niamh finally just looked back up at him and smiled. "Vec's good with a staff, huh? Hmm...guess I'll just have to bug him about that, then. Think he'd be up to that?" Somehow, she didn't find it too surprising that Vec would be skilled in something like that. After all, he was a God! Or...ex-God. Whatever. He was still Godly and Gods could do pretty much anything, right?

Maybe her idea was a bit--or a lot--off, but she also didn't know many Gods, either. Ahem.

Even while she'd been speaking, she had been slowly making her way toward the front counter to set her things down and get the items totaled up--but more just to set them down since they were getting a bit heavy. She wasn't sure if Nexus was done, but for today at least she was.

Anonymous

"Y-yeah, I was just...daydreaming. This is a little overwhelming." He said he wouldn't lie to her, and this wasn't a lie. It was the truth. Just...what he had been daydreaming would stay completely private at this point. She would get to know nothing about that ever. He would forget it as soon as he could. Nexus let his eyes travel down her body slowly to the basket she had with her. He smiled as he noted what she had, looking back up to her. Nexus did enjoy her body...but...he would have to wait many...many months no doubt to be able to do anything with her. He had to regain all the trust, even gain more of it, and show that...he was worthy. Not just a heathen sadist.

Still, she was going to look great in a skirt and dress.

"I'll teach you everything I know Niamh. I promise you. Magic, grappling, I'll see if Vec will teach you staff fighting and such." Nexus smiled lightly at her as she fiddled, trying not to seem too excited or desperate or anything like that...It was adorable to say the least. "Yes though, I really want to teach you these things Niamh. I want you to be right there beside me when we fight. Not staying behind me." Nexus had the same idea she had too. He really wanted Niamh to be beside him if they had to fight. He didn't want to worry when he went away, that she would have to keep him aroudn to protect her. He wanted to know that she'd be safe when he was away...

He wanted to know that she would need no protection...but he still did like to protect her...

"Yeah, Vec likes to use the staff...he's rather good with it. It doesn't kill, it just disarms, defends, and distracts he says." He had seen Vec fight before with a staff. The God had been pretty good really, maybe not the best but...he had skill with it. No doubt when Vec became a simple immortal he had to really train to use the staff, it was...admiral that the God had some spark, some fire that he used too when he he was in danger. Vec was a good being, he was glad that the man was going to be around them now...This relationship was going to be a rocky thing to say the least...so it would be best for them to have a councillor along side them...

"Alright well...I've got what I need. Let's head to the counter and pay now." Being the gracious man he was, Nexus reached over and plucked the basket from her arms and started to head toward the far counter where numerous people had been set up to take money. Nexus put the baskets down and helped sort them out for the young man behind the counter, getting everything in piles, and handing over the small tags as well.

"Your total comes to three hundred and fourteen gold please sir." Nexus reached into his pocket to remove what appeared to be white gold, it was platinum of course. He handed over a few coins with a smile. "Keep the change kid. Consider it a tip." The kid grinned right back and nodded, quickly bagging the items and handing Nexus over a packing slip. "If you could fill this out, we'll have your items delivered in two or three days." The man said as Nexus took a quill pen and began to write down everything, where they lived and what not. When he was finished he handed over the slip and smiled, picking the bags up and looking to Niamh. "Let's go poppet. Where would you like to go next? Weapons shop maybe?"

Nexus wanted to get a few weapons anyways, and stat finding out about getting a miniature dojo into his basement. That'd work for him, and probably for Niamh. They liked to spar anyways didn't they? This would help to relieve things, pressures, and tensions between them. After all, if this was the only way he got to touch her, then he'd go through with it. Kind of sad but also...kind of underhanded. Heh.

Best not to tell her that part

Rhindeer

"Ah, thanks Nexus!" Niamh said, a bit visibly relieved by his answer--and, indeed, trying not to look too excited about it, even if she was. He seemed to understand where she was coming from, he agreed with it even...thank the Light. He understood and accepted her need to feel independent and in control, to be on equal ground with him. Maybe she'd never be as great of a fighter as he was--there were obvious fundamental differences between them, of course--but as long as she could take care of herself and beat him fair and square here and there, she'd be happy. "That's good! 'Cause, well, I was gonna learn one way or another and I'd rather it be you--not that, uh, I mean anything funny by that, just, you know, you know your stuff and it's fun and all that. I wanna fight with you. And against you."

That last part was said with a little knowing smirk. It was true after all. And she still had to beat him, fairly and without any neck grabbing.

"Hmm...I guess I could imagine Vec doing that. For some reason, he just never seemed the type to fight. I mean, he pretty much just has to look at you to paralyze you..." That was said wryly. Yeah. Being on the receiving end of Vec's Eyes of GUILT was not fun. At all. The guy hardly needed a staff, he was a weapon.

Niamh walked with Nexus to the counter, surrendering her basket to him when he took it away. Hey, if he wanted to carry it, that was fine by her! She was already carrying all their clothes...seemed fair enough, she wasn't going to battle him for it. After that, she just stood back and let Nexus pay and take care of everything, observing how it worked, and then she blinked and smiled when Nexus obviously paid the boy behind the counter more than what was due. She didn't know how much that was worth, but she imagined it was worth a lot.

Wow...someone was sure generous today.

"That was really nice of you," she said quietly after everything was taken care of, stepping back over to Nexus and flashing a small grin at him. Then at his question she tilted her head a little. More shopping? Jeez. Well, she supposed it would be good to get it all out of the way.

…Besides, the longer they were out here, the longer the impending mushy subject was put on hold. Unless Nexus tried to kiss her neck again or something. Guh. She rubbed the back of her neck without even thinking, once again feeling that familiar awkwardness return. Right! Weapons! Subject change!

She dropped her arm back down to her side and fidgeted with her bag, "The weapons shop would be good. I think I saw one nearby...I think. But are we gonna be able to carry all this stuff? Ah, whatever, we'll manage, eh? Forget I said that!" Niamh said, answering her own question before giving Nexus a chance to as she lead the way out the door. She hoped they sold staves here...she was sure she could learn another weapon with time and practice, but she'd advanced the most with the staff. It had come naturally since she'd already dabbled in fire dancing using a staff so it hadn't been too much of a leap to go from using it artistically to combatively. Erk. Speaking of. Now that she thought of it she really hoped Nexus didn't remember the other they'd made back there in the warehouse. She'd promised to show him fire dancing one day...hahah! Yeah, that wasn't happening. She was crappy at it, much better suited to swinging a staff around to slash and whack people, than she was to being all...graceful.

Really, she and grace weren't really on the best of terms.

Plus it would just be embarrassing. It hadn't been embarrassing doing it among her other friends and peers, but for some reason it would be embarrassing around him.

Well, she never planned on bringing it up. She'd just pretend she conveniently forgot if he ever asked, and then accuse him of making it up.

Ahem.

Outside, Niamh glanced around the busy street at all the different shops as she fiddled with adjusting the strap on her shoulder. Weapons shop, weapons shop, weapons shop...if she didn't see it, she was not going to ask. Nexus could do that all he wanted, but with the way the guards were here she would just rather wander around aimlessly until she found it. Then again, if another guard tried to hit on her, she probably wouldn't be so shocked the second time around and would teach the bastard a lesson. She may not have been good at magic, but she could still set a spark to his boots or something.

Then, when she was about to give up scanning the area, she saw it. It was small from what she could see but since there were a few swords and even a glaive displayed outside the door, well, that had to be it. "There it is! Dunno about you, but I'm gonna look," Niamh announced before jogging across the street to the shop.

It was almost like she was afraid to stand still around Nexus for too long. It wasn't too far from the truth, and she was still filled with an odd sort of nervous energy that had been building up ever since that first kiss.

Niamh looked over her shoulder to see if Nexus was coming (he was carrying all the bags except what they'd gotten from the clothing shop) before she slipped inside the building, which was indeed pretty small and dark on the inside--unsurprising since everything was built from some sort of dark wood. But despite its rather small size, there was a lot packed in there, a multitude of weapons on racks, some locked away in cases and a few protected behind the counter itself. The man behind the counter looked like he could have been a blacksmith in his youth with his broad shoulders and arms that were thick and muscular even though the guy was almost completely gray and developing a belly.

He gave Niamh a strange, slightly amused look as she smiled over at him in greeting before making a beeline toward the staves. Eh. She didn't really mind the raised eyebrow and odd look. She couldn't imagine many women would come in here, at least not women who weren't soldiers and were as slight in build as she was. It probably looked funny, but she didn't care and simply focused her attention on examining the different staves.

It was disappointing at first since none of the staves had blades, but after a while she noticed that some of them seemed to have places at the ends where a blade could be bolted. Ah. That made since. The other bladed weapons were behind glass, so the blades had been removed from the ones that were meant to be used that way so that, well...people wouldn't come in the shop and be idiots about the sharp pointy things.

Never really one for a lot of bells and whistles, Niamh ended up picking out a simple staff, not nearly as nice as what she'd had before, but it was balanced right and made of a light yet strong material. Now it was just a matter of showing it to Nexus.

Anonymous

"I would rather teach you anyways..." For a few reasons of course. The first being that he would know most of her moves after all, the second that he would feel much more comfortable with her being at home instead of wandering the city right now. Sure it was a little paranoid but he wanted to ensure that she would be able to protect herself. In his mind he wished he could just protect her all the time but he knew that could never really be...He had to start trusting her and her abilities as well, or else she would never trust her own powers, and he didn't want her to feel like she was useless and helpless. He wanted her to feel like she was strong, and that she could defend herself no matter what trouble happened to her. "Heh, right. I like to fight against you too Niamh. Having you fight beside me might also be a real treat and interesting experience."

He returned her smirk with a small grin. As long as she stayed away from his neck, she could then never ever win. That's all he really cared about.

"He doesn't often fight, and no one can ever be sure if those eyes of his would work on someone..." Vec had told a few tales of people like Rift who just couldn't feel guilt and just shrugged it off, people who were completely set in their ways that they didn't feel guilty for what they did.

Nexus had the money, and he had no real use for it. he could just create it at will if he needed to. Technically he was the richest man here in Adela, but well...he didn't want people to really know that of course. He wanted to waste most of the money that he had created so he could start earning money that was...actual money and not just conjured money. Like he was actually doing something instead of just pretending to be a fake tailor and all that sort of thing. He actually wanted to do honest work, and that scared him worst than anything he had encountered before. He was going to ah...try and work that out of his system. This was just a cover story for now, he would have to buckle down and get through the first few months.

"Best to get the made money out of the way." Nexus said simply to her, looking over at the girl and flashing a smile at her. Damn she was just...she had this strange effect on him, and he liked it. He almost wanted to kiss her again but he knew that would be very inappropriate...and she might smack his neck or something equally unpleasant.

Nexus chuckled and began to shove the bags into the satchel at his side, he had forgotten all about that! He took the ones from Niamh with a grin and slid it into the satchel as well, dusting his hands off now that he was finished. "We will manage indeed, with the help of a bit of magic and what not." He followed her inside the weapon shop, his eyes kept low as he didn't even really think about the warehouse incident anymore...except for one thing that Niamh had swore she would do. Fire dance for him. He had seen some rather pleasing dances in his time, he hoped it would be something like that, or in the very least there would be a wardrobe malfunction and she would accidentally burn her clothes off...

Ahem. Best not to think of that now, no matter how pleasing the thought.

Nexus had noticed that during the time they had spent looking for the weapons shop, she hadn't talked to any guard...well, that was probably to be expected. Ah well. He looked toward the man at the counter for a moment before he continued on, glad not to have caught the man's eye just yet. He had been focused on Niamh perhaps, he really didn't know. Nexus knew better than to pay attention to every man who looked at Niamh, and to play the jealous boyfriend for that matter.

Just what the hell were they anyways? They were...friends...who knew that much...but...I mean...they were getting a house and all that sort of thing...but...Argh.

Why did some things have to be so damn confusing!

Nexus was looking at daggers and short swords. He liked daggers the most, but swords had some sort of reach to them...Bah. He wasn't really sure what to just do with them anymore. Fighting was so much better with your hands, but with a sword you could engage more than one person at a time. Usually it was just easier to ah...engage only one target...that would probably be the best route. His hands reached out and he touched one of the smaller, simpler looking daggers, running his fingers across the blade. It cut the tip of his finger and he gave a pleased sigh as he turned the finger around and stared at the blood that dripped from the wound. So many...thoughts....so many memories flooded back to him.

Like the Drow incident...how...it all felt...Ugh. No. It was best not to think of that sort of thing. He turned around and headed toward where Niamh was, smiling a little bit at her as she held a stave in her hand. "You better not be planning on hitting me with that." He joked as he reached out and took the staff from her and looked it over carefully. He held it out and balanced it on the palm of his hand, looking it over carefully, wondering about the proper balance. Now, he didn't KNOW too much about  these things, but he knew if it was going to turn into a halberd of sorts, with a blade on the end, it should be heavier at the bottom for a little more balance. There were all sort of ways to use a bladed staff, like stabbing someone, it should be a little heavy at the top, or if it was for slashing and being nimble with it should be evenly balanced and what not. He wasn't a staff expert, so he couldn't say if his assumptions were true.

"The simplest things are often the best, so I'd say this staff will work out great. I suppose you should pick out a blade head now?" Nexus asked as he handed her the staff back with a smirk, his eyes travelling to look at the display cases full of the different staff heads. Those looked pretty sharp and painful...it was probably best for them train with ah...the staff itself and not with the blade head. A certain something could be said by him, or a certain something on her could be touched, and he would no doubt end up getting a blade stuck somewhere on his person, and that just didn't work for him.

Rhindeer

"Only if you plan on groping me," Niamh muttered under her breath as Nexus took her staff to examine it, though the smirk on her lips showed she was also joking. Sort of. Because if he did grope her or decided to do something naughty like what he'd done at the clothing shop, oh yeah, he'd get whacked one good without a moment's hesitation. After all, for Niamh it was just something of a reflex and if she had something in her hands at the time, well...

Luckily for them both, Niamh couldn't really see any opportunities for bad behavior in a shop with so many sharp, dangerous, painful weapons around. That probably wasn't saying much, though, since she didn't exactly spend her days thinking of ways to twist normal, everyday items or sayings into something perverted and depraved like she was sure someone like Nexus did. Not that...she really thought he spent whole days thinking of stuff like that. Aw, hell, who was she fooling. He'd lived over a thousand years, he was a perv, he probably really could transform anything into something bad.

Her only hope, really, was that the reference would fly right over her head. Which a few had in the past, or at the very least it had taken a lot of glassy-eyed brainstorming before a bout of blushing announced that it had finally sank in.

She watched Nexus balance the staff, testing it as she had done, and then she smiled at his words, nodding her agreement. "Well, yeah, I mean I've got no need for some staff that's gonna be all shiny and fancy. I just like something that's gonna work and isn't gonna distract me. Those stupid staves enlaid with gold and stuff like that are pointless, anyway, unless you're just a collector; gold's weak," she said with a shrug, taking the staff back as he handed it to her. Then, careful not to hit anyone or anything, she twirled the staff between her hands so the opposite end faced up, then stopped.

"Blade heads," Niamh corrected with a grin, nodding to the staff. "See, there's a place on both ends for a blade to be attached. It's double-bladed, just like my old one though...not as great. But it'll do. In a way, it's kinda better in one aspect...the blades look easy enough to remove on this one. So it'll be easy to practice with safely and--ah! Sorry, I'm rambling! Choosing blades now!"

With a soft cough, Niamh rested the staff on her shoulder--carrying it just as she had when she'd first met Nexus in Ketra, only minus the blades--and diverted her attention to the selection of blade heads. Even though she was trying hard to contain it, it was difficult to hold in her excitement and she found herself bouncing lightly on her toes even as she stood in place. This just felt really good...of all the places they'd shopped today, this weapons shop had to be her favorite, just because it really did feel nice to finally be armed again, to know she was going to get training. Even though they hadn't even paid for the staff yet, just holding it made her feel like less of the helpless woman she'd been feeling like lately and more like...like...

A Lumenari.

No! Not a Lumenari. Just...a fighter. She wasn't a Lumenari anymore. She couldn't be, didn't want to be, didn't want to go back even if she could. She knew the truth now...and she'd lost a lot as a result of that truth.

But she'd also gained a lot, too, she thought as she examined the different blades and caught Nexus' reflection in the glass that separated customers from the sharp, pointy blades. She had a new life here. A house. A new beginning. She could be herself. And...she had him...

Whatever he was to her now...what were they? Light, she didn't know and as much as she wanted to know, wanted to ask, wanted to discuss everything...she was way, way too chicken to.

Certainly not here.

"Um...I think I'll go with a pair of these," Niamh finally said, pointing out a pair of blades that had a nice, lethal curve to them, very similar in shape and design to the blades of her old staff. The man behind the counter unlocked the glass case to retrieve the blade heads and wrapped them both up carefully in thick parchment paper before placing them in a box. Then Niamh turned her attention to the daggers, examining them closely. Hm. She should probably get a smaller weapon, too, something she could always have on her when she went out.

"Are you getting anything, too, Nexus?" she asked as she picked out a dagger, finally settling on one that was similar to her staff--well, similar in the respect that it was simple and strictly utilitarian.

That was just how she was, and just how she'd been raised. When you weren't brought up with much, you could be amazingly easy to please.

Anonymous

"Well if we're grappling how could you possible tell what's a grapple position and what's a grope..." However the moment that he said that he stopped and sighed, looking downward at the floor for a moment and coughing. "Of course...for you the brush of my neck could also be a position...I would have to say then that we should be careful with our hands." Nexus liked that idea much better...during a grapple he was careful where his hands went. Sure a quick grab of her breasts or her crotch could result in a loss of her concentration and then a win for him. That could also then mean a loss for him if she got him back by grabbing his neck, the most sacred of places for him. One that could change him back to his original state. All his memories flooding back...all his pain, his anger, his hatred would come back to him, would resurface and intensify...and that would end badly.

It wasn't like Nexus really thought about perverted things all the time. He really didn't need to think about that sort of thing, it wasn't like he had a reason to. Nexus wasn't as dirty and perverted as she believed him to be, but since he couldn't read minds, he wasn't going to go out of his way to change her mind about it. Though he would admit that he wished she thought better of him, and not just...about him being some dirty heathen. He did have an image, it was just...buried. That's all. She was slowly bringing it out of him though.

Nexus smiled a little at her as he looked to her. "Indeed. It's best to go with the simple weapons instead of the exotic. The exotic often holds you down when it comes to weaponry. The more ornate, the heavier it can be, and the easier it will break." Nexus at least knew that sort of thing, and she was right about the gold being weak. It had to have added metals to make it stronger, and even then, it could still be bent. Best to stick with steel and iron, the stronger of the metals. "Right. Blade heads." He gave a small roll of his eyes, spinning around in his sockets as he then stopped them to watch her. "You want that special metal that burns and emanates lights I bet...but that stuff was hack weaponry. Showy flashy magic to scare people and to induce a primitive fear in people. A true warrior doesn't need magical weapons in order to win a fight. Hell, I use my hands in a fight." Nexus explained to her as he held his hands up, showing them as an example. "plus using my magic never hurt either."

Nexus loved his magic. Whips, ropes, chains, anything like that, it was great fun to say the least. Grappling up close or shooting off fireballs with the crack of a whip, the sounds of chains dragging along the ground, the feel of such power in his hands...it was just the greatest feeling one could have. He would teach her to use magic, all sorts of magic. Not just fire and light like the Lumenari did, but all sorts, things to fight against the Lumenari's magic. Wind, Darkness, and water to say the least would combat all of that perfectly.

Nexus turned his attention to look at Niamh who had suddenly spoke up, staring at the blades she wanted. Those looked deadly familiar for some reason...alright then, if that's what she wanted, then that is what she would get, no questions asked, no questions wanted to be asked at this point. Nexus smiled as he shook his head, getting some money out to pay for the weapons she was getting. "Nope, I'll make a new pair of gloves later for me, but I haven't a need for a weapon." He told her simple as he placed the money down on the counter.

"That should be everything. The staff, the blade heads and the dagger." Nexus said as he pushed the money toward the man, taking the items and placing them into his satchel, except the staff itself, just because he knew that she could carry it herself. Staffs were an easy carry after all.

Rhindeer

Niamh twitched and was about to answer that she was pretty sure that butt grabbing and chest squeezing didn't count as a hold in grappling and that she'd strangle him if he tried it, but Nexus seemed to think better of it and amended his words. Niamh relaxed a little, loosening her grip on her staff (which she had been pretty close to whacking him with) and instead just lightly nudged him in the stomach with one end. "Yeah, I like that better. Just...watch where your hands go and I'll watch where mine go, too. I mean, alright...if it's an honest accident, and that stuff can happen when you're grappling, that's one thing. But no pretending it's an accident just to cop a feel, alright? I'm trusting you on this one..."

After all, that sort of thing would take a lot of mutual trust on both their parts because grappling, but its very nature, could put you in some pretty vulnerable positions and a good lock could leave you at the complete mercy of your opponent. Not to mention some of the positions grappling could get you into could look...pretty bad if you really stopped to think about it in that light. So she just had to trust that he wouldn't take advantage and feel her up, and he had to trust that she wouldn't play dirty and grab his neck. Hopefully he'd also keep any commentary to himself, too, because she didn't want to lose her concentration over something stupid like that.

Like his previous comment about grappling...about laying on top of her...

Gaaah! Yeah, if he said something like that in the midst of everything, it'd be all over for her for sure.

Niamh nodded as he spoke about staves and materials, agreeing. That's what she'd learned, it was better to wield something light but strong. Then she made a face when he did his...eye rolling thing. Alright. She got used to his strange pupils, but that eye rolling thing she didn't think she could ever really get used to. It was just...so weird.

"Whaaat? It's not hack weaponry!" Niamh protested, staring up at Nexus as though he'd just committed an unspeakable sin. "It's Incendia! It's strong stuff! I mean, sure, yeah, it's flashy...but only when you want it to be! But no more flashy than fire or anything, and it burns hotter than fire. It's really useful," she said firmly, frowning. Hack weaponry! Hack weaponry?

She loved Incendia.

Snorting and keeping her staff balanced on her shoulder with one hand, she held out the other hand demonstratively. "Besides, my hands are smaller than yours." Quite obviously. "So that doesn't count. I don't think my hands would be much use in a fight," she said, lowering her hand back down to her side and sighing a little. Yeah, she definitely had girl hands, small with slender fingers. Ah well.

Niamh noticed the look Nexus gave her blades of choice and flashed an innocent grin at him, though, like him, she said nothing about them. Yeah, when she picked out weapons, she wanted them deadly. After all, that was the point of having a weapon, right? "Just gloves? Oh, right, you use your hands and your magic." Magic...which she remembered as threads. Threads which she remembered could become whips. A minute shudder ran through her at the stray thought and memory before she quickly pushed it out of her head and focused on Nexus as he paid for the items and packed them away.

Except for the staff. Niamh probably wouldn't have relinquished her hold on that thing even if he'd tried to take it from her, and she was holding onto it in a sort of deathgrip. She was already in love with the thing, and anxious to test it out and get back into the swing of things. Literally.

Of course, she'd have to wait to get back...home...to do that. Couldn't exactly twirl it around in the streets without smacking someone and getting yelled at.

As soon as everything was paid for and put away, on impulse Niamh gave Nexus a quick, one-armed hug around his mid-section. "Thanks!" she told him, beaming up at him, before she released him and bounced out the door, ready to get going back home and not even thinking about what she'd just done. Not that she cared. She was in a wonderfully cheerful mood now, she had new clothes, new knick-knacks, new weapons, the sun was shining bright, they had a HOUSE, and nothing could spoil this day.

Anonymous

Nexus really was going to try and grope her during the wrestling sessions, but of course, he was going to make it just like it was nothing, like it was part of him trying to get a good hold on her. He knew a few moves and positions that would require him to accidentally brush himself like that, or pass a hand over a few certain places by 'accident.' Sure he was going against the deal, but SHE should know what she's getting into when she goes up against him. He was a perverted heathen after all, what could she really expect from him? He'd be careful not to tell her this of course, because it would end up with a lot of pain for him, and probably her tiny little hands strangling his neck. "Alright good. I won't touch you on purpose during our grappling if you don't touch my neck." The last bit of that sentence was heavy, mainly because he meant it. He didn't want her touching his neck again, that could go very wrong for all of them.

Nexus would ensure that he was...mostly honest about his grappling techniques. There was a tentative trust between them, because Nexus was really...well...Nexus was perverted to say the least, and he didn't really have many boundaries, while Niamh was the opposite of him, so there was a lot of things that could go wrong. Mainly he would do something that she wouldn't like...shaking his head he cleared his mind of the thoughts completely. Best not to think of that anymore.

Even though he so wanted to...

"It is so hack weaponry! Pah. Strong stuff. I know of a few metals stronger than Incendia, and besides, I can name fifteen enchantments off the bat better than Incendia's little tricks. Oooh look at me, I can burn hotter than fire and produce light! I'm special now! Wheee." His voice was full of sarcasm as he shook his head, thinking about some magic that he could imbue her weapons with. Incendia was interesting, magical properties and strong as ever but still...there was so much more out there. "If you want a true test of magical ability and metal, you talk to Vec about acquiring some Kayotik Latem." Ah, the strongest and most dangerous material that Nexus had ever heard of personally.

"Think of a vortex, a twisting nether of pure chaotic energy. Everything that is chaos formed into a small sphere no bigger than the human eye. Pure...uninhibited by the laws of time, space, and physics. Imagine what would happen if it came into contact with matter. It gets changed and becomes something else. Imagine matter that doesn't follow any natural orders? If it was physical and ethereal, hot and cold, light and heavy, dark and bright, every colour and no colour, it follows nothing. Now that...that is a metal." Nexus said with a small sigh. He had seen Kayotik Latem before...it had been fashioned into a small pearl basically on someone's ring. It was...beautiful.

"I've seen children  kill men before with their hands you know." Nexus told her as he looked down to her hands with a smile. She did have lovely hands though. Best not to get them dirty in a fight. That would be an injustice to say the least! He probably should vocalize that much though, best to just let her...learn about staff fighting and what not. "Yeah, that's all I need, what the Gods gave me and cursed me with." His magic, a power and a curse...His eyes went to look toward Niamh, catching her as she shuddered. That hadn't been a good shudder either. He knew that shudder. Whatever she had been thinking off, it wasn't something good. Best not to ask her about that.

Nexus was surprised after he had paid for the weapons, there was something latched around his midsection. It was Niamh, hugging him and beaming up at him. He flashed a smile right back at her and nodded. "Aye, no problem poppet." He told her as he followed after her. She was adorable, heh...very adorable. His attention was elsewhere, following some people and looking at some posters around the different shops. Nexus looked from Niamh to the posters, wondering where everyone was going. Approaching the posters Nexus looked them over carefully, apparently they were talking about a festival of some sort that was happening in the city. He was actually quite interested in it, wondering just what it was about. It talked about tests of different kinds. "Oi! Niamh! Take a look at this." Nexus waved her over to read over the festival.

"Let's go to it." Nexus was impulsive, and this sounded fun. Actually the test of trust sounded fun. Sounded like an easy win. He could be blindfolded, and she could pretend to lead him everywhere. This would be the best way to earn a little bit of scratch already. Everything was fair after all! Nexus smiled as he looked toward the girl with a grin. "I hope you're thinking what I'm thinking because I'm thinking about winning that trust one." Nexus told her as he started to head off, following the group of nicely dressed people who were headed for the festival. First day in the city, already he was going to enjoy himself. A kiss from the lovely Niamh, snatched from her perhaps, but still, and now this...festival. Who would have seen this coming. Maybe they'll find Vec there, this was a good place for him to learn about people after all, and Vec sometimes got distracted by large crowds.

"Hurry up now Niamh! It'll be fun! Come on!" Nexus began to jog, turning around to look at her with a large playful grin on his face, one eye was facing forward and watching her, the other was turned around and looking ahead so he didn't run into anyone while he was doing this little trick.

Rhindeer

Four days later...dun dun dun!

Like all mornings, Niamh was up with the sun, bright and early at a time when most normal humans would still be tucked under their covers snoozing away. Unless they were vendors, then they'd probably be up getting their wares ready, cursing over having to be up so early and fighting to stay awake. Not Niamh, though. She was wide awake and perfectly rested, her white-blonde hair still wet from her morning bath, and she hummed a Solisi tune quietly to herself without even thinking about it as she headed down the stairs, dressed for the day in her usual baggy breeches and loose tunic combination.

By the time she was really up and done fiddling around upstairs, taking her time washing and dressing, it wasn't really early morning anymore. More like eight in the morning. It wasn't really that Niamh was doing anything; it wasn't like she had to do anything special to her hair--she just passed a brush through it--or like she wore make-up, or like her clothes required any special attention beyond pulling them on and fastening her belt. If she wanted to, she could be bathed and dressed in twenty minutes. But for one rare moment in her life, she actually had the time to, well...take her time.

And it was really, really nice. She didn't have to rush, and this home was, well...it was a home built for a noble. It had everything as far as she was concerned. She didn't want for anything. Sure, it wasn't as fancy as an actual noble's home, and it was nothing like the gorgeous architexture of Solis, but it was perfect in her eyes, and it was home now.

And it just felt good to finally relax and take it easy after all that insanity and stress, then the traveling, then the emotional craziness, and then the fun...life had just been so busy. A break was appreciated.

What a break it was, too. A bathtub with water that came out of pipes instead of having to haul it in and heat it on a stove and...she sniffed the air when she caught the wonderful aroma of cooking food wafting in from the kitchen. And a man who knew how to cook, she thought with a smirk. Which was good because she could burn water for all she knew how to cook. True, she felt a little bad for having him do everything, but on the same token it could be considered pay back. And...no, she needed to stop that train of thought before it began. She'd long since forgiven him. Pay back was no longer an issue...

Stepping into the kitchen, hands in her pockets, she smiled cheerfully over at Nexus and leaned back against one of the counters. "Good morning, Chef Nexus," she greeted, then leaned forward a little to try and catch a peek of whatever he was making. "Whatcha cooking? Smells pretty good."

Crazy to think they were both so...domestic now. Of course, Niamh didn't plan on spending the rest of her life like this. Wanderlust was still very much a part of her, the desire to travel and adventure, but for now this was nice.

If terribly awkward still. The last few days hadn't exactly been easy. It had been fun, but not easy. There was still a lot that had to be resolved and her emotions were still a tangled mess.

Ugh...where was Vec? He was supposed to have come days ago, and it really would have been nice to have someone to talk to. Someone she could vent to like before, someone who was...well...a God. Or former God. But still a God. And someone who understood Nexus. She couldn't exactly talk to Nexus himself about everything that was on her mind, of course! It was way too awkward and embarrassing. A third party, though, that was safe.

Hopefully the guy was all right.

Anonymous

Nexus of course was always up, he was up before the sun even thought about coming up, if of course the sun was a sentient being instead of a celestial object zooming through the vast confines of space, just doing what gravity and physics says it should. He had already quickly had his bath and made himself fresh clothes, he always made fresh clothes before he went to trance. Actually it was just his regular clothes, but they were clean and nice smelling! Just like he was after a bath. Though he didn't bathe as long as Niamh did, he still got that nice clean smell from it. She could just bathe for hours at times, he was something getting suspicious that she was hiding in there from him but he just let her have her space.

That's all he could do in this...this...relationship.

Just give her space.

Nexus was lost in this world, lost in this strange relationship. He had no idea how to really act, well, he understood he had to act polite and well mannered, which was a big step for him, but he had to go to work, he had to cook, he even tidied once in a while. He had to keep Niamh happy, and he would go to the ends of the earth, overthrow kings, slay armies, just anything to keep her happy! Anything to keep her...with him. Anything. Nexus still believed that she was going to leave him, that she might run away from him and...he had no idea what was going to happen. There was trouble...there was a lot of trouble to say the least. He was so paranoid, and his emotions were so fragile, even if he tried to hide it.

Nexus had a white apron on, something smudged up with a bit of grease and cooking ingredients. Today's breakfast was going to be something special, as this was Nexus's day off. Technically Nexus could open and close the shop whenever he so chose. His eyes wandered around the kitchen with a smile, this felt nice...it felt really nice. Nexus let his eyes gaze out the window to the bit of backyard they had, a small little thing that had a bit of a deck, he could put some chairs out there, a table maybe, a large umbrella, and they could just...they could just relax out there and drink casually, maybe have a nice dinner or something. The city wasn't all bad really.

Nexus quickly snapped back into reality as he smelt the food change aroma, Quickly he took the pan he was shuffling around on the element and moved it to an element that wasn't on right now, just fast enough that it didn't burn, and didn't spill. He was making omelets, and that was the last one. Already he had finished making a few of them, some sausages, and a bit of toast. He also had cut up a bit of fruit as well, apples, oranges, a bit of watermelon and what not. He had squeezed fresh orange juice as well. His heart skipped a beat for some reason as a voice caught his ears, which he turned around to look at her with his smile growing larger when he saw her fill his vision. "Niamh my...dear poppet. I'm making breakfast of course." Nexus told her as he moved a little bit so she could see the food he was finishing.

"Omelets, a bit of fruit, some sausages and some toast." He was expecting Vec to be here anyways, and Vec only ate fruit and vegetables, he barely ever saw the man feed on meat. The man would probably eat toast as well. "Alright poppet, let's eat." Nexus moved over to the table, which had been set for three people, as he slid the omelet onto one of the plates before putting the pan into the sink to soap. "What about me? Am I not allowed to eat with you?" It was that heavenly voice that filled their kitchen, and suddenly the light got brighter. Nexus looked at the sound of the voice, toward Vec, the man in the white robe with a golden ivy pattern stitched into it. There he was, the blindfolded God, smiling at the two of them as he stepped into the kitchen. Bright golden light was flooding into the kitchen from the windows, and from seemingly nowhere as well. Nexus had to shield his eyes slightly until the golden light disappeared.

"Do you have to do that?" Nexus asked as he slid into a seat, pushing the one for Niamh and Vec out with a nudge of his foot. Vec chuckled quietly, now walking to the table and taking a seat in the chair offered for him. The one that would be to the right of Niamh and the left of Nexus. Between them so to speak. "So how have you children been? Keeping yourselves out of trouble I assume. By yourselves of course, I do mean that Niamh has been keeping you out of trouble." Vec spoke while his blind gaze fell upon Nexus, who just gave a slight scowl in return to the God.

"I've been out of trouble, been working at my shop thank you very much." Nexus said matter of factly as he began to spread jam onto a piece of toast with a knife. Vec gave a slight nod before he looked to Niamh. "I do hope he has not driven you crazy dear Niamh. I told him to be on his best behaviour, I hope he has not disappointed me." Vec did hope that the two of them were getting along alright, he had really been worried about the two of them to say the least. There was no telling what trouble those two could get into after all. "I've been good Vec, I promise you that much." Vec was glad to hear that, so Vec turned to look toward the woman once more. "So then Niamh, tell me what has been going on. I do not trust Nexus to tell me everything after

Rhindeer

Augh, it was so weird. To think, not long ago and she cringed at the whole "poppet" thing, whereas now she actually liked being called that. That strange fluttery sensation in her stomach struck again when he turned to smile at her, but before she could put a name to the feeling she had to cover her mouth to bite back her laughter.

Nexus in an apron. Wow. That was...different. Tough, rugged Nexus wearing an apron. Niamh snickered and cleared her throat, forcing herself to look at his face as opposed to staring at his nice white apron. "Yeah, I can see you're making breakfast. Heh...nice outfit by the way. Really shows off your figure," she said as she made her way over to the table on his cue, idly wondering what the heck "omelettes" were. It just looked like fancy cooked egg to her, though it smelled really good, but she didn't bother asking because she knew she'd find out what it was soon enough. A lot of this heathe--er, foreign food was new to her, though over the year or so since she'd been away from Solis she'd been exposed to a lot of it, and she enjoyed it.

Still missed the food back home, though. Bah. If she could cook without it being hazardous to the consumer's health (and possibly the well-being of the house), she'd make a traditional Solisi meal sometime. That alone might be incentive to make her learn how to cook.

Niamh was just about to reach her seat when a voice that didn't belong to either of them spoke up and warm light flooded the room as though the Sun had suddenly come inside, and even she had to blink against the light that was too intense for even her eyes.

And her heart leapt in her throat when she caught sight of another man in their house before she recognized both he and his voice. "Vec!"

Then, before her head could catch up with her mouth, she blurted, "What took you so long?" It sounded almost accusatory.

It was a little disappointing when the light faded, and with a small sigh she sank down into the chair Nexus pushed out for her. Even if the light had been intense and a little too bright, she had still enjoyed its comforting warmth. Then she grinned at the question. "It's true, he's been out of trouble, amazingly," she said, prodding her omelette curiously with a fork before cutting a bite and finding that it was filled with cheese and meat and stuff. Interesting. "For the most part. As for crazy...eh...depends on your definition." That was muttered, and she stuffed a forkfull of omelette in her mouth quickly after, half because she was starving and half because it would give her an excuse not to clarify that if called on it. It'd be rude to talk with food in her mouth, after all!

And the food really was good. As usual. It was hard not to shovel it in. Not that she ever really ate slowly; fast eating was a habit of hers.

Listening to Vec and Nexus' conversation, Niamh had been taking a sip of orange juice when Vec asked his question--asked her--and she almost ended up spraying it all over the table. It was either that or choke, and she went with choking so as not to make a mess. Gah. That was a loaded question. Well. Loaded for her. Coughing, she grabbed a napkin and wiped her mouth, setting the glass down quickly. "U-um..." She coughed a few more times and cleared her throat before she was able to speak properly.

"Not...too much." Not much that she would say out loud in front of Nexus. "We got here, we bought this house, we went shopping and got a bunch of nice stuff, we went to a festival they had here...it's been really fun," she said with a weak grin, obviously omiting quite a few details which was probably pretty obvious. The details she'd given were hardly anything to blush over, and she was blushing. Yeah. She wasn't mentioning those kisses in front of Nexus who would likely add his own commentary. She'd talk to Vec about all that in private. "Nexus opened up a shop, he's working as a tailor here during the day. I've just been spending the day looking around for work, something to do, seeing if there are any apprenticeships open that I'd be interested in. That's pretty much it."

She also wouldn't mention the letters she'd sent and the replies she'd received after stumbling across a post office of sorts, one in which mages worked and could send messages by some sort of...magical means. She didn't really know how it worked, just that it did. It worked a little too well as a matter of fact. She knew she was playing with fire, the dangerous kind, but she still felt like she had a lot of loose ends to resolve and she didn't want there to be any bad blood between she and her old friends, but...she couldn't tell Nexus that. The truth would have to come out eventually and Niamh planned on telling him, but just not yet.

She just didn't want to freak him out or piss him off.

"And Nexus <I>has been good. He hasn't driven me too crazy, but..." Niamh looked from Nexus to Vec and gave an odd, nervous smile, suddenly very intent on ignoring Nexus. She pushed her chair back so she could stand, her half-eaten breakfast forgotten as other more pressing thoughts made her forget her appetite. "About that. Can we, ah, talk, Vec? You know, privately?"

Ugh. She should probably be talking to Nexus about this, seeing as it was about them, but...she just needed advice more than anything.

Anonymous

Nexus just liked to call people poppet, he had no idea where he had learnt it, there had been some fellow long ago that had used it...a lot. It had rubbed off on him, and he had just...called everyone it. However with Niamh, it wasn't just another word. It was...different. He couldn't put that into words but....it was just...it was just all different. Not a bad different of course, it was a good different.

Nexus glared at her as she made a comment about his apron, but in the same moment he decided to just play around with her. He grinned as he turned around, running a hand over his stomach before moving it to give his rear a slap as he watched her. "You damn right, gives me a nice trim figure I think. Outlines my butt nicely." Turning around to show her, he looked over his shoulder to glance down at it. "Yeah, I know you like what you see, it's alright. See how the white rope tied around my waist just helps to accentuate it all? Glorious, I know." He finished up with the food, knowing that she might really enjoy this, or in the very least she'd like all the fruit and the sausages and the toast. He wasn't sure what the bread was, but it has this nice sort of...sour quality but it was that good sour quality. It made really good toast with a bit of jam and crushed peanut spread. Mmm. How he loved both of those.

Anything was really better than what he usually got to eat. Bugs...bark...maybe a small handful of pond water. Some people would call that unhealthy but when you were a Savaros, it didn't matter. You could have your moldy cake and eat it still if you so wanted. Still. He liked to eat things like eggs and cooked meat, it was a whole lot more...well...delicious to say the least.

"Well, I am rather sorry Niamh, the world out there demands a lot of me sometimes." Vec told her simply as he took a seat, just after Nexus had nudged the chairs out for them. Well. That was...somewhat gentlemanly...of him. Then again, this was Nexus and that really was a bit of a stretch for him. Well, the man was learning better manners in front of women, that was a really...really good thing actually. The boy was finally learning! It would be most impressive if he could learn a whole lot more, he really would. It would be such a thing to see, and it would show Vec that he was maturing and getting away from Feris.

Something seemed wrong to Vec when he addressed Niamh...She had...choked...almost sputtered and sprayed juice anywhere. Something juicy, no pun intended of course, was to be had here. He wondered if she might be in trouble as she seemed to joke a little bit...Both Nexus and Vec were ready to assist her but she seemed to fix it all herself. Good. Very good. "That's good. I'm glad that you have been enjoying yourselves and keeping busy." Vec's smile was pleasant, warm, friendly as he looked to the man in question. "A tailor. Well Nexus, I see your creativity is just extensive and bursting." Nexus couldn't be sure but that sounded almost...mocking. That wasn't Vec's style though, maybe he was just saying Nexus was a little obvious? Must have been. "Yes well...it seemed like a perfect idea. Good money to be had there, good name to be made, and of course, I get to hone my skills. I never knew you could a tasteful and soft feeling shirt made of gold." Nexus was really...really...liking that sort of thing, he was doing something that he had never been able to do before and it was really...it was something else for him.

Though.

There was something darker. Something had left him a note. A grubby piece of mail on the front doorstep. He had seen the fellow leaving, escaping to the darkness. IT was a man, a poor and distraught person who was out of their mind and seemed afraid of every movement and sound. That was his brother's work. he knew it. A single letter, one which he had permanently removed from this world...before of course he sent a message back to his brother. He...there was trouble on the horizon. Nexus could feel it in his bones, he could sense, see it coming. Savaros were everywhere...and there was something...familiar but not familiar...It was trouble. He would...need to talk to Vec about that. Something was going wrong in...this land.

"Hm? Privately? Of course. Nexus...I am certain your breakfast is wonderful, but if you could excuse me please, I think Niamh and I have things to discuss. I promise you though that I will come back to eat, and you can have your private time and tell me what is on your mind." How did...Vec know that he also wanted to discuss something? He wasn't even going to ask, it really was just best to leave it all be.

"Let us go speak privately. Nexus, stay here please." Nexus sighed and gave a nod as he went back to eating, deciding this would just...be best. He wasn't going to go against them, not getting in trouble seemed like a better idea. Vec stood up, gesturing for Niamh to follow him as he headed upstairs to the guest bedroom. Hm, Nexus had already prepared it by flipping the bedspread over to the golden and white side. Well that was nice of him! And he had picked out a really good bed spread actually...or maybe he had...made it? Hm. This didn't really look like a Nexus thing...Hrm.

Vec eased himself onto the bed, his hands folding in his lap as he waited for Niamh to shut the door and sit down beside him. "Alright Niamh, you must tell me what is on your mind then. Please do not be afraid, this is a safe place, I promise you. Nothing you say will leave this room." Vec explained to her quietly, trying to put her mind at ease, he didn't want her to feel nervous about talking. Though he did enjoy the fact that she was putting so much trust and faith in him, that was really big of her. Usually she seemed more content to keep things inside her own mind, instead of talking about them. Then again, she put a lot of faith in Pantheons, so with him here in this land, it really seemed to help her...

And help her he would. There was denying that of course, he would help her and he would help Nexus. That is one thing that Vec loved to do...he loved to help people.

Ah, a gentle soul that none could rival.

Rhindeer

Niamh should have known better than to make a comment that could so easily be used against her. But sometimes she failed to see how a comment could backfire. Like now, as Nexus ran a hand over his stomach and slapped his rear. Uwah? Niamh could only stare helplessly, half transfixed and half just bewildered</I> by his actions, blue eyes wide, body frozen, and mouth open with words that never came out. And then the next thing she knew and she found herself staring at his rear, vaguely aware of what he was saying before, with a jolt, she tore her eyes away and blushed profusely when she realized that she had just been staring.

Spinning on her heel and crossing her arms over her chest, back to him, she cleared her throat. "Um, yeah. Whatever you say. Freak," she managed with a roll of her eyes, voice a little strained, as she headed for the table.

Dear Light help her.

In any case, Niamh was relieved when Vec agreed to the private chat, and she exhaled slowly. "Thank you," she said, and practically bolted after Vec as he headed upstairs toward the guest bedroom, pointedly not looking at Nexus. He had private matters to discuss, too? Light...she couldn't help but wonder if it was in any way related to what she wanted to talk about.

It was true, too. Niamh did feel very comfortable talking to "holy" people and she perhaps trusted them just a little too much. Still, what she couldn't easily say to one person, even a close friend, she could spill to a priest or priestess with no problem because she trusted they and their connection to her Goddess and knew they had wisdom and insight that she and other people just weren't gifted with. What she didn't tell the priests and priestesses, she told her Goddess in prayers. Vec was like a little of both, a priest and a God. He was a God, but...not a God right now, but in any case he'd proven himself extremely trustworthy and knowledgeable.

She felt like she could tell him anything without him judging her. He just gave off that vibe, and she trusted her instincts.

Niamh stepped into the room, shut the door behind her quietly, and took a seat beside Vec on the bed. "Alright. Well. I guess for starters I didn't exactly tell you everything, but, um, I couldn't in front of Nexus because...just...you'll see what I mean. So I guess...alright, I'll stop beating around the bush and just say it." She took a deep breath and became very focused on staring at her knees, hands absently balling up the bit of blanket that was beneath them.

"He kissed me. Twice. Er, three times if you count...ah...the...ahem, neck. All in one day. The first time just came out of nowhere, but the second...not so much. And he...uh...he asked if we, well...if we had a chance together and...and..." Suddenly she buried her face in her hands and groaned, half to hide her embarrassed blush and half because she was just frustrated. Another time and she might have been too mortified to continue this topic, but frustration and confusion gave her the fuel she needed to keep on talking.

"But he acted like his normal self after that! And for the last few days! Like nothing had happened after all that. He said it meant something, but then he acted like it was nothing. Not that it matters, not like I want him to keep chasing and kissing me," Niamh said quickly, looking up from her hands sharply for a second before hiding again. "Besides, nothing could work between us anyway. I mean how weird is that, someone getting a crush on someone that once put them through hell? Not that I have a crush, I...Light...I don't know, Vec. I dunno what I'm doing, I...just...augh. So what if I maybesortamightlikehim? And okay, so the kisses were...um...nice. Light, if you repeat that I will throttle you!" she said, lowering her hands so she could shoot the man a brief warning glare, face flushed.

She looked away again. "But I mean...I guess...the point to this rant is, uh...we're just...I dunno. What if it doesn't work? I don't know what I'm doing, Vec. I just...I'm pretty sure I'd just drive him insane...and he'd lose interest because I'm so, well, me. You know? I don't even know if any of this makes any sense," she finished with a sigh and a defeated shrug before sinking her head in her hands again.

"I just don't really know what to do. It's so stupid. I don't even know if he really likes me or was just fooling around...he's seventeen hundred years old. I'm just another drop in the bucket, right?"

It wasn't that it was the first time she'd ever had a crush on someone. Light no, she'd had a few here and there. But it was the first time someone had seemed interested back--as opposed to someone she didn't like showing unwanted interest--and it was the first time she felt herself...maybe...wanting to reciprocate. See what happened.

And that was scary

Anonymous

Nexus made sure to keep a close eye on Niamh as he turned about and talked about his pleasing posterior, and he noted something. She had been staring at it, he couldn't believe that! Oh Vec that was going to be great to say the least! However, with her blush rising and such, he really didn't have to say anything. He couldn't believe that she was ACTUALLY staring and she seemed to be liking it. Ah the only thing that could have been sweet would have been her licking her lips. She had such cute little lips, nice and perky, a bit puffy and perfect for kissing. Ah! If only he could kiss her again...if only.

Nexus gave a small scoffing snort as he went with her to the table. "I'm the freak? Really? This coming from the girl who was staring at my butt." Oh yeah, it was just going to be hilarious poking fun at her! She was so...easy to poke too, just a few mentions of this or that, something carnal perhaps, and she was sunk. Ah, predictable.

Vec was used to people spilling their souls and hearts to him, after all, people used to pray to him. And there were coffesionals, which he had to listen into. He never absolved a sin though, as everyone knew, he couldn't forgive them, he wouldn't forgive them for that matter. A person who went to a deity for forgiveness wasn't sorry, they only wanted a quick way out of their sins. So, if people couldn't forgive themselves, then there would be trouble...there would be so much trouble to say the least.

Vec waited for Niamh to start talking about what was going on. "Really. I never would have guessed that." It was probably for the best to say nothing in front of Nexus. That man didn't mind boasting after all, he loved that sort of thing...a habit he would have to break eventually...but then again a good boast never hurt anyone. Vec noted that Niamh was rather nervous, avoiding his gaze, or lack thereof, and also balling her fists up and kneading the blankets up. Ah, she was such a cute little thing! Poor girl though, she was so confused and she just needed to go int the right direction.

"Ah...he kissed you. Well." That was a big step for Nexus. Er. Well. Maybe a big step for Niamh. The first one was a surprise, and then the second one wasn't eh? Heh. Poor girl. She probably never had been in such a situation, she seemed so innocent. She blushed at any mention of carnal thoughts after all, she was surely a pure little girl at heart. Vec slowly reached his hand out and placed it on her shoulder, just waiting for her to continue. Ah. Then new truth came out. She wanted a reaction. She expected a new Nexus to happen, not just him being his same old self, and Vec quickly figured why Nexus maybe was keeping his distance at this point.

"You are such a sweet young thing Niamh." Vec told her after she had finished her little outburst. Now it was his time to shine, not literally...or...maybe literally depending on what happened next. "You see Niamh, you are not another drop in the bucket. Well. You are yes, but you are the drop that tips the bucket over and sends all that water everywhere. Nexus is a scared young boy at heart. He fears loving you, but he wants to. Half a passionate heart, and half a fool's heart." Ah, he had thought about this sort of thing a lot before, love was such a complicated thing, even with him being a God he didn't fully understand it. There were some things that weren't meant to be understood.

"Opposites attract Niamh, and besides, you are going about this all wrong. So very wrong>" Really, she was looking at this from a wrong angle, too technical, thinking about it too much. "I want you to do this for me Niamh. Close your eyes, lay back, and just allow the world to take you. Let your heart do the talking, let your heart do the walking, just ignore what your mind is telling you, and just let the gentle caress of love envelop you and take you out with it. It is like the tide at the beach. Just lie down and let it wash over you. There is nothing to fear here, there is nothing to worry. You need to show Nexus that you aren't afraid of him, and of what may happen." Vec did love to guide people in the right direction, and he just had to push Niamh in the right direction, set her ont he right course as it were.

"Though, first, you must talk to him. I know that is a big fear for you, but if you want the honest truth, you must ask him. He will tell you. He might even blush when he talks about it. An interesting change to say the least." Standing up, he removed his hand from her shoulder and smiled gently down at her. "Now, close your eyes little minnow, and just let the river take you. You can fight fate, you can change fate, but sometimes the best thing you can do is just let it take you wherever you want." Opening the door, Vec wandered back downstairs and took a seat once more, taking some fruit and starting to nibble on it. Nexus was still eating of course, looking over at Vec for a moment, who only smiled in return. Right. He would never say anything about what went on. Alright then.

"Nexus, this fruit is delicious. Very fresh and succulent." Vec praised the man, who just gave a small smile. "Nature did most of that for me Vec, I just knew which things to take." Modesty from Nexus? Well, that was certainly impressive. "Either way Nexus, a job well done all around. For nature, the farmer, the merchant, and the buyer." Nexus did like it when he got complimented, and when it came to Vec, getting a compliment from him was rather good. "We'll talk later Vec, it can wait, at least for a little longer. Just glad to have you back you golden glowing God." Ah, that worked out rather well.

Heh.

Word play.