Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Iron Shield Berracks

Started by Anonymous, February 07, 2005, 11:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Looking out of the window, of his second story quarters, withen the Berracks, Mythas, a Knight, watched the crowds, passing and going. He looked about his room, it was only mid morning. He had heard of the Dread Army, a truely terrible force, of drow and other lower beasts. Mythas sighed, why were they so war like? He looked back out the window, then four hard raps on the door, Mythas quickly turned toward the door." You may enter." The door opened and a man entered, well built and wearing complete chain mail, he was younger than Mythas by about two or three seasons." Relonal, how is your sword arm? Not to stiff I hope, we are to pratice, our swordsmanship."

Relonal merely shrugged." Lord Mythas, we are to prepare for war, that is our order, from our Guild Master."

Mythas looked to him in surpise." Surely you jest! Our men are bearly trained!"

Relonal sighed." I've already made this arguement, he stands by his decison, we are to  aid  in the fight  aganst the Dread Army. "

Growling Mythas stood up clad only in breeches and a tunic," I'll talk to the commander myself! Leave me Sir Relonal.." Nodding he left closing the door.

Mythas roared in frustration, and threw a chair across the room, it crashed aganst the wall. He took a deep breath and just sat down on the floor, his hand going threw his thick hair, a beard already forming upon his features. After a while he rose from the floor and slowly went to get dress, wearing full platemail made only for him, he was soon ready, walking out wiith his helm cradled in his right arm, while the sword was strapped to his back. His cloak flowed freely, down to his ankles, his hood was back as well. As he walked, others were preparing for battle. One was looking at him as he wen't. Vorager, that was the general of the Iron Guard. But Mythas was indipendient. He couldn't careless who was the leader, as long as they were just. Mythas was more Ranger, than Paladin, he enjoyed archery more than poll arming. He came to the Commander's chambers and knocked softly.  " You may enter." Mythas did and looked at the Master of the Guild." M'lord Teyrh." Teyrth merely sighed ." Cut down to the Point, Sir Mythas, you come here for the same reason, as your commrade in arms, to try and stop this massicer. But to be truthful, I was a order by the commander of Serendipity. We are to engage the drow on sight. But I understand your concern. It's either this or be moved from this fair state."

Mythas nodded, it made perfect sense, to him, but not to everyone else!" M'lord you understand that half of these men are bearly trained in the art of war?"

The Commander merely shrugged." Tis not my decision, go to the Castle if you wish. Now leave, i've to prepare our force for battle. "

Mythas nodded, but his fists clench in anger. He turned and walked out, there was indeed much preparing to do.