Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Travel On (Keldoun) [Moved]

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2004, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Movin' this one since Trinn's active again. By me, Ketria, playing Akila and then Keldoun/Trinn, and then more recently Small Wonder playing Kujin.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/9/04 11:48 am)

Akila's sharp gaze was already judging the different buildings, noting places to buy things. Her new traveling companion probably wouldn't have any trouble finding a place to get clothing. She shifted her attention, looking at a nearby inn. His bathing idea was seeming interesting to her too. It had been a long time since she'd bathed in warm water. She'd settled for rivers for her past year - or was it two now? - of wandering.

She turned back, emerald gaze seeking her companion. "This is Serendipity. Any Inn would probably have a bath that they'd bring heated water to, if you have enough money. There may be a bath house somewhere around her too. A few places you can buy normal clothing, different things of armor, probably even some magical objects around here."

Akila was already turning about, trying to decide which Inn would be cheapest. She might as well sleep on a real bed that night as well. She had enough money for what she wanted of course, money had never been the problem, she just couldn't settle down.

Keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/9/04 3:04 pm)

Keldoun's straight posture didn't change as he looked around at all the buildings. He had never seen a place quite like this, with so many people. He was only half-focused on Akila's words. "I have no need for armor," he said absently, "but an Inn seems appropriate." He pointed to a nearby building. "Is that a 'normal clothing' store?"

He began walking towards it without waiting for an answer. He wanted to see some of these places, in part to find out how they would react to him. It was fun to mess with mortals.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/9/04 3:19 pm)

Akila was about to answer in the positive when he went off, and she shrugged, marking absently in her mind on a nearby Inn that looked nice but not too expensive. Then she took a few long strides and caught up with Keldoun. "They'll have some pre made clothes but if none of those are suitable then you can get something tailored."

She dropped back at the edge of the store, an outfit catching her eyes. These places were used to seeing odd people sometimes, but she didn't know how they'd react to the winged man, or herself. Still, one outfit was standing out and with a few modifications it would be perfect. Right down to the boots. Because it was all in silver, and her last outfit like this had gotten ruined. Now she was usually wearing blues or greens and she wanted a new silver outfit.

Glancing at Keldoun and deciding he could probably browse for himself for a few moments, she simply fingered the material and looked up, waiting patiently. In a few moments a man had appeared, seeming slightly startled by her wings but more than willing to take her money for the clothes. "Ah, this outfit. No armor, but as you'll notice from the pants and the tops, it allows plenty of freedom of movement and there is a matching cloak. May I say it would match your wings? All for the-"

"I'll take it." She took out a few gold coins and passed them to the man, already packing the outfit carefully into her pack. It was symbolic, this outfit, and luck that she had found something like it. The boots she frowned at, then looked at her own. They were worn and she would have soon needed new ones anyway. She would change after she was settled at the Inn, and perhaps sell the old ones for the little she could get.

Having bought the only purchase she wanted, she proceeded to ignore the man and focus on Keldoun. It would be interesting to see how they reacted to him, with his broken white wings and his tattered clothing.

keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/10/04 8:49 am)

Keldoun entered the store curiously, staring boldly around at all the curious clothes, many of which were clearly not made for a human. He watched as Akila admired the silver outfit. At a glance, he didn't know if he would find any clothes that were to his liking here, but he walked farther into the shop to search more intently.

He saw the clerk watching him curiously, and Keldoun glared until the man looked away. After a few minutes the angel found some loose-fitting black garments that were his size, and brought them over to the clerk. "I'd like these, please," he said, then remembering Akila's gold coins, he turned to her.

"I'm very sorry, but I don't have any money at the moment. I would pay you back of course."

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/10/04 12:08 pm)

Akila wasn't particularly surprised that he didn't have money. A few more gold coins were dragged out and flipped towards him, more than enough for the clothes. "I have enough money for a while, so don't rush in paying me back. Besides, there are always ways I can make money quickly if I need it."

The smallest grimace passed over her face before she smiled again. Making money quickly had only a few choices and most of them she abhorred, but there were still a few open to her. Besides, if she ever needed money fast, she could always sell a few of the items from her homeland.

Akila turned away to wait, looking to the west, her wings fluttering slightly. Xellria was so far away, and it would be a long time before she had enough control to go back and not be killed, but she could always tell in exactly what direction it was from where she was.

Keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/11/04 3:43 pm)

Keldoun nodded his thanks as he accepted Akila's coins. He gave them to the flustered clerk. ("Well that should be more than enough! I'll just go make change, shall I?" he offered before running off to the back room.) The angel watched the man's exit and then looked down at his clothes. He smiled, feeling like life could be bearable for a while.

After he accepted his change silently from the ready-to-please clerk, Keldoun looked back to Akila. "To the inn?"

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/11/04 7:23 pm)

!
Akila gave a sharp nod and moved away from the entrance, already heading swiftly towards the Inn, knowing that the winged man could follow. "They'll probably be an assortment of different species inside. While not that many non-human settle in a village, plenty of humanoids pass through for a few days."

The ebony haired young woman slipped inside, stopping short a few feet inside the entrance, her eyes flickering around before beginning to move again. A few people looked up upon her entrance. A couple males leered at her, but she brushed it off. There were always a few and nothing came of it. The innkeeper was all smiles as she approached and she couldn't tell if it was fake or real, he was hiding his emotions well.

"Excuse me. May I inquire upon the bathing facilities and they're cost? And..." She hesitated, debating the wilderness to a day in this cramped village. So many people... but no one ever gave her more than a second thought. Odds were, besides Keldoun, no one would bother her. She smiled, relaxing slightly at the thought. No would come near her. And everything would be fine. "The price of a room please?"

The innkeeper seemed to brighten and quickly ran out a few prices. They're were two baths on the property, one surprisingly inside, and one outside in an enclosed area. As she'd thought, the rooms were comparatively cheap. She paid for a room before she turned about to talk to Keldoun. "There are two baths, one outside, one inside. The inside one costs more but you should have plenty from the change for either. Rooms aren't bad either, depending on what you want."

The last was added as an afterthought. She had no idea if he'd want to stay in a room or even in the village.

Keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/13/04 12:44 pm)

Keldoun nodded acknowledgement and tilted his face upwards for a few seconds. "The outdoor bath will be fine," he told the innkeeper. "And as for a room, I'll take any one with a window." He paid the man, who pointed him in the direction of the outdoor baths.

Keldoun turned away, but glanced at Akila and considered her before he went anywhere. "Can I do anything for you, now?" he asked, deciding that this woman was worth his respect, and thinking it unfair that she had helped him so much and gotten nothing else in return.

Akila
Unregistered User
(7/13/04 1:12 pm)

Akila looked at the other winged being considerably. It was a fair question. "I'm not sure." Akila stopped and shook her head in amusement. "The only things that I want are out of my reach. Though..."

She paused, shifting the weight of the pack on her pack, consciously considering one object in there. "Are you any good at fixing broken mystical weapons? My sword..." Akila trailed off, then sighed and took the pack off of her back. She reached inside, taking out two parts of a broken sword that still shimmered slightly in her hand. "You don't seem like someone who would know how, but I never know the talents that others hold."

Akila shrugged and looked down at her sword with a flicker of sadness. There weren't many swords like this, and she missed that little nagging voice in her head. "It was broken when I was at the edge of Xellria. I didn't even think it could be broken."

Akila sighed, already absently taking out her own money and turning to the innkeeper. "Give me a room with eastern exposure please. The sun will tell me when it's time for me to get up. I may take a bath later as well."

Keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/14/04 2:45 pm)

Keldoun stayed perfectly still as Akila shifted uncomfortably, and his face stayed in a neutral expression. But at her tentative request, he frowned slightly. "Fixing mystical weapons?" He glanced at her sword and shifted his new clothes so they draped over one arm.

"I am certainly not the best person you could ask, but I'm not the worst either. Some things, I can fix. May I see it?" He was doubtful that he could do anything of much use with her sword, but he could give it a try. Nothing he would do would hurt it any. But, he was afraid, nothing would help either.

"Come," he said, starting for an uninhabited table in the corner. "Let's sit down."

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/15/04 4:14 pm)

Akila was quick and eager to follow along in Keldoun's steps. She could sometimes sense the wounded spirit of the sword attempting to heal itself, but it needed help and she didn't know how to help it. This would more than just cancel out any debt she had to him, it would keep her from going insane out alone in the woods. She'd done well so far with contact with people every once in awhile, but she would feel better with her sword with her.

Then again, perhaps chatting with a sword wasn't what most people would call sane. Still, it had indeed helped her before she had left Xellria when she had been sneered at for being one of the freaks. One of the Silvers. Then again, her sword was one too.

"Anything you could do to help would be good. It's only a long-shot, but she... it does want to be fixed. I can feel her." She was too wrapped up in the idea of having her sword back to watch her speech too much as she sat down. What did it matter if he knew the sword could be sentient? All that mattered was if she was fixed or not.

Keldoun
Unregistered User
(7/17/04 12:30 pm)

"Well then, that should be to our advantage, I would think," Keldoun said, wondering just what else the sword wanted. He leaned across the table so his head was closer to Akila's. "How was it broken? May I see it?"

The angel really didn't know if he would be able to do anything or not. The magic he possessed was often fleeting, and varying in power. Where it came from and why it chose to come when it did were mysteries to him, so he didn't often use the magic -- and sometimes there was no telling what would happen when he did.

At this moment Keldoun could feel some power stirring inside him, but he couldn't tell how powerful it was. He probably wouldn't know until it came out.

He decided he would take a look at the sword, to see if anything could be done, and then he would take a bath. After that he would try to fix it, and whatever happened, at least he would be clean.

Akila
Unregistered User
(7/24/04 11:29 pm)

Akila sighed and gave the slightest grimace before relinquishing her weapon. "It was... weakened from an earlier battle and it was stolen. It was an hour or two before I tracked them down. By then I was a bit angry. It seemed they had used most of their energy just trying to break it. They broke it with their energy and the tooth of a giant wolf type beast we have... they have in Xellria."

She didn't bother adding that the ones who had done it had not live to regret destroying her weapon and friend. "If you can't fix it, it will be fine, I've lived long enough without it, I can wait until I bump into someone who can."

If there was anyone who could. Perhaps if she snuck back into Xellria, there would be someone there who could fix it.

Trinn3
Alright! First post! Whoo-hoo! ^_^
(7/25/04 5:12 pm)

Keldoun took the sword gingerly in his fingers and examined it. He turned it over in his hands, eyes roving over the broken surface curiously. After several minutes he set it back carefully on the table and stood up.

"I may be able to do something for it. But... it should not be done here. And I would like a little time first for a bath." He glanced back at the sword, then his eyes darted to Akila's own. "Meet me in a half an hour. Somewhere outside. How about..." He closed his eyes in thought, then opened them again. "Somewhere near a river? Is there a river close by?"

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/25/04 7:31 pm)

Her presently green eyes met his and she nodded her head in understanding, quickly stifling the hope threatening to break free. He said it was a possibility, she shouldn't get too hopeful. "There is. A little bit to the southwest. Not much of a walk."

She answered absently as she took her weapons, having noted the placement of the water in the area It wasn't too far, though when many had wells they usually had no reason to go to the river. "I'll be there. Half an hour is good, if you're late I won't mind."

Akila was already standing, putting away the sword carefully, feeling it throb once in her hand. She jerked her head towards it with a frown before closing the pack and nodding towards Keldoun as she went towards the entrance. "I will see you in approximately a half hour."

She headed out the door and was at the river in a few minutes, already sitting down to wait. While she did, she closed her eyes and relaxed, shuddering at the power humming in her veins. Shying away from it, the calling it was doing, she simply sat and rested, emptying her mind of the emotions flying through her at the hope that her sword would once again be whole. She couldn't let her emotions get out of control.

Trinn3
Someone new!
(7/29/04 2:13 pm)

Keldoun positively acknowedged Akila with a small nod and assured her he would be there in half an hour. When she was out of sight, he turned away from the door and sighed deeply, head bowed, considering. Then he lifted his head and headed for the baths.

The outside baths were almost barren of people, the only other living creatures besides Keldoun were two older human men soaking near the entrance. Keldoun walked around the edge of the pool until he was the farthest away he could be, then climbed in. He tossed away the tattered rags disdainfully and unbound his wings, which swung free and lightly scraped his back as he dropped down into the water. He submerged his entire body, eyes closed, and lay underwater for several minutes before bringing his face to the surface for a deep breath.

It took him only a few minutes to become completely clean, and he stayed in the water for a few more after that. Then he climbed carefully out, holding his wings back, and dressed in his new black clothes. The plain-looking clothes were sturdy and thick enough so the angel could allow his wings to dangle freely without the threat of gouging, so Keldoun tucked Akila's belts into a pocket to give back to her.

It was nearly half an hour past, and Keldoun escaped the baths and furtive glances from the old men quickly in the direction of where Akila had agreed to meet him -- the river.

He silently approached her from behind, and when he reached the bank he stood beside her with his arms crossed over his chest, staring out over the swiftly flowing water. The idea was that if there were, for example, a huge fire, when Keldoun attempted his makeshift smithing job, they could possibly find safety in the rapids. He hoped that wouldn't happen -- but then again, a fire could be the least of what might.

Without looking down at Akila, Keldoun spoke quietly. "I do not make any guarantees. And we may have to... leave the vicinity rather quickly, if something were to happen." He paused. "When you are ready, hand me your sword and step back."

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(7/29/04 5:24 pm)

Akila opened her eyes as she sensed Keldoun's approach. That she was sensing his approach when usually her powers were so bound up should have put off warning bells in her head. That she'd been too busy trying to bury her emotions kept her from noticing that, or that her eyes were silver, not from negative emotions, but from her power. Her fists clenched briefly as her eyes narrowed, wondering what was wrong, because something was bothering her. She sighed and shook it off, unable to see her own silver eyes and not knowing that was what was wrong.

"That you are willing to try and that you may be able to do it is enough," Akila said, taking out the sword pieces. Her voice was quieter than normal as she looked at the sword. It thrummed gently in her hands and she gave a slight gasp. As quickly as a lit candle the power flared briefly and some strands of her hair turned silver before she doused it and her hair was black and her eyes green again.

Her brow furrowed and she shuddered. That would be the last time she chose to meditate like that. Clearing your mind was all right, but apparently clearing her emotions was a recipe for trouble. "Here. I'm ready."

She gave him the pieces of the sword, doing as he said and stepping back a few paces, flexing one clawed hand as she looked at it. The silver tint to her skin seemed to practically be shining through the travel dust now and she grimaced. She definitely needed a bath. And if her powers flared up like that, she might as well get herself a control collar.

Snorting at her own thoughts the girl looked up, preparing herself for anything Keldoun might do.

Trinn3
Someone new!
(8/1/04 1:02 pm)

Keldoun noticed the fleeting silver in Akila's eyes and hair, but didn't comment. If her power was strong enough to break through without her acceptance, maybe it could help. He took the pieces of sword from Akila's hands and held them firmly.

The dark angel closed his eyes, then turned his attention inwards at the growing ball of light that felt hard in his chest. With enough mental urging, the ball began to dislodge and separate into tiny particles of light that started to move upwards with Keldoun's silent commands. Going slowly at first, the light then burst all at once into movement, expanding and expanding to envelope its host's entire body, then moving outwards so that Keldoun was surrounded with a full-body halo of light. He snapped open his eyes, which were now pure white and pupil-less. Then he began urging the light back into his arms, his hands, and finally the broken sword lain across his palms.

The powerful light shot into his hands and the sword, whistling like the wind in a hurricane, forcing his muscles to tense and his fingers to tighten on the blade until it cut through the flesh to the bone and blood pooled in his palms, only to evaporate and become part of the powerful spell. The light and blood swirled together into the sword blade, wrapping it tightly with the powerful combination, pulling the pieces into place. Keldoun's head fell back, eyes still ghostly white, and as if attracted by the color a single bolt of lightning came from the cloudless, blue sky directly into the hilt of the mending sword.

Then all was silent again. Keldoun's pupils returned, though the irises stayed white, and he stumbled back until he was sitting in the grass with the sword still clenched in his hands.

It was whole. How strong it was was yet to be tested, but the strangely shining, almost liquid look of the silver showed no breaks, no cracks. The blade, which had become the color of the lighting, was now fading into a slightly darker silver more characteristic of the metal. Keldoun gasped with effort as he unclenched his fingers, now stiff and sore but not bleeding any longer. Looking around apprehensively, Keldoun saw that the landscape was surprisingly unscathed, and everything was in its place except for the now-grassless area in a large radius in which he was sitting.

His now-greying eyes turned to Akila, standing a safe distance away. He blinked slowly with exhaustion, noticing how tired he was now, but not surprised. He held up the sword a few inches, but his arms shook so he lowered them and merely held the sword in his lap. "I think... it's fixed." His voice was a hoarse whisper, but he was sure the sound would carry. He smiled slightly. "I also think I need a nap." And with no further ado, he fell backwards into sleep right where he was, sword still held gingerly between his hands.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/1/04 4:56 pm)

Re: Make it glowy! ^_^
Akila watched the white power in wonder. Totally different than her own which seemed almost insubstantial until she actually used it and it then began to go haywire. The white color was strange and unlike the White's at home. This was a different power. Not like their color coded power colors. The lightning was a surprise and she almost jumped a bit.

Then she saw her sword and gasped as it faded to it's normal color. Her hands went forward, already reaching for it, but he was sitting now, and he looked exhausted. It was fixed all right, she could feel that. She watched as he went to sleep after falling backwards and briefly thought about giving him energy again as she had the first time they had met, but decided perhaps he deserved some sleep.

She knelt down, carefully removing the sharp blade from his grasp and inspecting it gingerly. She frowned when she felt nothing from it and Akila began to panic. Was she mistaken? Maybe it wasn't fixed, or the spirit was dead?

Then the sword began to glow a bright silver and she gasped, shuddering at the hungry but much more controlled power running through her. The sword continued to glow brighter, until there was a wave of silver energy that went outwards in and oval, expanding and eventually dissipating. Then the sword was glowing softly in her grasp.

A delight, girlish laugh left Akila's lips. "Oh, it's definitely fixed." She reminded herself to thank him when he woke up, before sitting down a few feet away and immersing herself in the sword.

{Sekara? You are alive, aren't you?} Akila's mental voice was worried, and a snide and exasperated voice answered her. -Of course I am you foolish Silver. But oh, it's so good to be back. We can start training again soon, and get revenge. Xellria will pay for ever hurting us. And don't call me Sekara, even in telepathy. I am Star Sword!-

As always Akila was disturbed by the vengeful hiss from her sword, and the power that Sekara awakened in her, but she let them both soak in the silver energies they belonged to. Akila sighed and began mentally explaining everything that had happened since Xellria, knowing this could take hours. Outside, Akila and the sword were both gently glowing, Akila's eyes closed but her hair remained it's normal black color even as they glowed, a smile that was turning into a pleased smirk playing across the young Sentria's face.

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/3/04 1:58 pm)

An hour later Keldoun awoke, opening his eyes slowly to adjust to the sun that was beating persistently down. He blinked a few times, frowning, as he tried to remember what was happening. Then he did, and he sat up quickly and looked around for Akila. "Did it work?" he asked, although he saw that she looked quite happy enough and suspected it had. "Did you test it?" he amended.

He still felt tired, but not exhausted anymore. Although lying in the sun while he slept had not been the best idea, as now his brain felt muggy and unclear, and he felt a headache coming on behind his eyes, which were still grey. It would take a while, perhaps several days, for Keldoun to regain all his strength. The power might not be his entirely to use, but it certainly used him up when it came out in such large amounts.

He sighed, not a sad sigh, but a resigned one. Now there was nothing to do again, except to wander, which was what he had apparently been doing already for a long time while in his most recent depression. Maybe Akila had somewhere interesting to go?

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/6/04 1:44 am)

Akila blinked at Keldoun, still smiling as the sword's mind connected through hers. She could feel it in the back of her mind, a safe conduit for her powers, and not weak by itself either. She grinned a bit foolishly at him. "She's fixed all right. Grumpy and vengeful and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go hunting soon just so she bothers me a bit less. If you mean have I swung her at anything... I think I'll let her calm down first. We're likely to destroy more than is healthy if we start practicing while we're so out of balance."

Akila looked over Keldoun and felt a bit guilty. This had been more than enough to pay her back for any help she may have given him. She owed him so much herself now. Akila closed her eyes for a few seconds, getting her emotions a bit more under control. She hadn't smiled this much since before she had killed her parent's murderers. "Thank you. Very much. You have no idea what this means to us."

Sekara echoed her telepathically, a wide beam as her sinister mind voice spoke. -No idea at all. To us or those who've hurt us. This is a nice new land I've been fixed in. Thank you. Akila glared at her sword. She definitely needed to make it a new sheath if it was just going to say these things to everyone. That would certainly take a trip. After a bath and sleep in a real bed of course.

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/9/04 4:55 pm)

Keldoun darted his eyes down to the ground for the tiniest second but then shot them back up to their former position. His mouth twisted into a half smile that was somehow sad as if his thoughts were not all content ones. "You are welcome. Both of you." But you don't have to thank me, he thought. Help someone, hurt someone... it was all something to do. It wasn't his fault.

Maybe he did feel something like gladness, for helping Akila. But how could he know? He wasn't exactly an emotional creature by nature, and any new sensation could be interpreted in various ways. But, Keldoun realized suddenly, for the first time since he could remember, he wasn't feeling depressed. (He knew that emotion, at least, having felt it much of the time for so long.) Was it from helping someone, or could it be because he had used so much of his power?

He had no idea, and decided not to think about it. He returned his thoughts to Akila and her sword. By standing up slowly, the angel quickly put a hand out to stop the scenery as it tried to spin around him. After a few moments the dizziness went away, and he stepped closer to Akila so he could examine her sword. She probably wouldn't want to be parted from her wielder so soon after their reunion, so he merely looked at it with curiosity. "How long have you two known each other?" he asked, feeling oddly amused at the situation.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/10/04 4:54 pm)

Akila resisted the automatic reactions of saying "Always" and instead thought about the best way to answer it. She supposed the real answer was when she had first heard the voice, before she had even found the blade it belonged to. Telling him that her soul was bonded to the blade and that she had been incomplete without it seemed... unbelievable, and silly sounding.

-We should hunt. A few humans, a few people who use some kind of power, and I'll be up to full power in njo time. And I know you just love the smell of blood. Such a tangy, wondrous smell for you, isn't it?- Sekara hissed in her head, making her nervous. She never liked it when the sword got blood thirsty, and even now it reminded her of their last big battle, and how pleased to see the blood she had been. Akila shuddered slightly, remembering how different she'd been that day before soothing the sword as she mulled over the answer to Keldoun's question. 'Stop that. You can wait a bit, you'll get more energy in time. You don't need life energy. You need a sheath.

Sekara's hiss was answer enough to what the sword thought of that and Akila sighed, her wings tensing with her ever natural reaction that when the sword got like this the best thing was to fly across the space near her home. But she had no home anymore, and there were no small spaces and paths she knew by heart here. And the skies were unsure. Who knew what else was here? She shook her head, eyes laced with silver as she answered. "I think the closest age we could come to would be when I was twelve. At least, that's the first time I heard her voice. It was two years later when I finally managed to figure out where she was buried."

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/17/04 7:27 am)

And how old are you now, Keldoun thought oddly, for some reason feeling lightheaded and bemused. It had been a long time since he had thought of events happening by years. Not that he had ever needed to before, since he wasn't usually lost in a world he knew nothing about with people, real people who aged and grew and died. What he said was, "So now what?" He drew his gaze to the blade. "Now that you have your sword back whole again, where will you go? What will you do?"

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/17/04 1:41 pm)

Her species had an extra long life span anyway, and she herself would probably be immortal as would most of her generation. But for now, twelve wasn't that long ago. It was, as Sekara said, the six years since barely an instant in what would hopefully be their whole lifetime. His questions brought up her own questions and she sighed, shaking her head. "In a few years time, when I'm ready, I'll probably go back to Xellria. Until then, I don't quite know. Build a new sheath for Star Sword. Then... wander around. Perhaps find information on where my race came from before. What we were before. Of course, I imagine my Sword and I will practice a lot. It will be difficult controlling her without a sheath."

Akila sighed, she knew her brother was about too, but she had to learn so much before she dared be near any of her kind again. She didn't know what to do yet. So many prophecies and so much she had left behind. But she had a long way to go before she had enough control. Or perhaps it was a short time. It would depend on what viewpoint she took. "I don't really know where I'm going. Not short time anyway. And I'm certainly not going to listen to the sword's ideas. She's a bit... bloodthirsty."

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/27/04 2:01 pm)

Keldoun half smiled but was silent for a while, looking around the peaceful landscape, his eyes landing finally on the river. "What is there for me," he said quietly, mostly to himself. Then he turned back to look at Akila. "You helped me, and I helped you. I am no longer in your debt." He half smiled again, still sifting through his thoughts. "But this means I have nothing else to do. It seems childish, but I've never been... unemployed before, I suppose." He paused. "What use is there in this world for someone like me?" His tone was merely curious, but in his mind he was going over his uselessness. Has wings, but can't fly...

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/27/04 11:18 pm)

"What use is there for anyone," Akila muttered to herself. "Who defines use anyway? I'd say what you did right there was pretty useful, if dangerous. I don't know how to do that." As an Elder had once said to her, she was a child playing with forces she barely understood. She was pretty sure that Elder had died that day that caused her to be exiled. She couldn't be sure though, that day was a bit hazy. A reddish silver haze in fact. -That day was wonderful. We should have stayed. You could have cut down all those who dared to stand against you. A wonderful slaughter. We could do it now. i could call to the swords. Night and Dark and Wrath have already felt me. Wrath's wielder wants your blood. He will come and and try to destroy us and we can quench our thirst in his veins.-

Akila blinked twice before staring down at her sword. "Sek- Silver Sword, please tell me you were kidding," She hissed out loud, too upset to keep it in her head. "You could not have called Wrath and Lesar upon our heads." Sekara was oddly silent, but the smug tone in her mental echoes was all Akila needed. She swore mentally at the sword while attempting to pretend she hadn't just said any of that out loud. "I've always been unemployed, it seems. I make money by trading things, or taking jobs that are in short supply of skilled professionals."

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(8/29/04 10:06 am)

Keldoun merely looked at her for a few seconds longer after she spoke aloud to her sword, then decided he wouldn't ask. He had learned enough already.

"Sure, I might be a blacksmith, if people didn't mind dying every now and then," he said, not feeling very hopeful at the thought of his job possibilities. "I can't control the power I have. That was close to a miracle, getting your sword fixed. Besides, I think she might have helped a little."

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(9/3/04 2:38 pm)

Akila smirked, if slightly worried about her sword, at least she could find a bit of humor. "Just make sure all of your customers are necromancers or zombies!" She frowned slightly in thought. She herself was pretty sure Sekara had helped. The sword probably had hated being broken. -Of course I helped. If I didn't help, even if I'd been fixed, it wouldn't be me. Idiot.-

'I'm not the one calling down Wrath and Lesar on us. How close are they?' -Close. They're using up a lot of energy getting here. Other hunters might follow. Or they might not. Lesar will chase us forever either way.-

Akila grimaced and glanced at Keldoun seriously as she got up. "There's someone coming." She wasn't sure what to say. That seemed the best she could get out. Her eyes surveyed the space around them. She knew Lesar, and he wouldn't be quite when he came, but he would be sudden, trying for a quick strike.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/13/04 2:42 pm)

Kujin felt fatigued as he stumbled from the woods into the village, which he planned to cut through as a short-cut to the Dark Mage Village. Ugh...he'd been gone far too long from that place. He wouldn't be surprised if that army that had gathered there was already on the move, leaving him behind.

Which would be a pretty bad scenario if that were the case, being he was a part of that army . It could easily be viewed as the ultimate act of irresponsibility.

Not that he cared what anyone else thought. He really only cared what Neviko thought.

It wasn't really his idea to have joined, nor would he have done so on his own terms. As usual, Neviko, his dear sister, pressured him into it, and he accepeted her wishes indifferently. But, he accepted most everything with a certain degree of apathy, so that was really no surprise.

But, as the army trained, Kujin had taken leave of it to go about his own affairs--and had ended up taking longer than he intended.

And, as usual, he had pushed his body to its limit, refusing to drink. Unlike his sister, the one who had given him this gift , he was reluctant to give into the baser urges of the curse . At least, he was reluctant until the lack of nourishment got so bad it made him lose his senses, thus driving him to a murderous frenzy at the first scent of fresh blood. Luckily, he remembered those past accidents , and had resigned himself to the fact that he had to drink sometimes , if only enough to prevent another bloodbath.

Bringing a black-gloved hand to his face, he rubbed his temples as he walked, and brushed the spiked black-tipped brown hair from his eyes. He'd have to feed soon. Just a little bit would sustain him...and it shouldn't be too hard to find a host...in fact, he'd attempt to take the first person he came across. After all, his stature was hardly intimidating, a black-clothed pale youth of a mere five feet five inches--his owed that to his sister, who had sired him before he had finished growing. The only thing about him that was really unnerving were his eyes--unnaturally cold and the color of steel, with a black tattoo of slashed designs beneath his left eye.

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(9/16/04 5:30 pm)

Keldoun considered the innocent landscape around them, suddenly feeling somewhat apprehensive. It was an odd feeling, as nothing normally worried him to any great extent.

He couldn't see anything for several seconds, and began to doubt that Akila had sensed anything at all -- but then he spotted the black-clad figure moving towards them. Was this who she was expecting?

The figure moved sluggishly, strangely; staggering along as if exhausted. Keldoun's body tensed unconciously as he turned to Akila. "Someone is already here."

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(9/18/04 11:13 am)

Akila's green eyes studied the new figure in surprise. Why did everyone she met seem to be tired or dying? Those people she'd met before hadn't, but that one woman had bled at sudden and random intervals. Keldoun had looked like death warmed over. Now this boy. "That wasn't who I meant," She explained. "I don't know who this is."

Was this man dangerous? If he could be called a man, he didn't look that old. Akila tilted her head with a frown. Appearances could be deceiving, but, what damage could this brunette boy do? The young woman sighed and shook her head. Her mystical senses weren't the best, she couldn't focus them properly. Sometimes she sensed something odd, but having met only a few beings outside her own people, she wasn't exactly a good judge.

'Sekara?' Akila asked silently. The sword... Akila actually winced at the "sound" echoing through her own mind. The sword was giggling. Obviously she wasn't going to be any help.

With a hesitant and wary smile Akila greeted the black clad male. "Hello. Are you well?" The question was absent, almost automatic, a polite habit she'd picked up whenever someone didn't look well. She could only guess it had come from taking care of two younger siblings before she'd...left.

A bit farther away a redhead with white wings was waiting. His sword had sensed the other, but as soon as they got this far the other sword seemed to decide it wasn't going to give off a beacon any longer. Lesar's eyes, usually a placid green, were a glowing white as he half-snarled, claws swiping the air as he turned about. He would find her, and his sword and claws would bathe in her blood.

Turning again, the young man continued in the direction he had been going earlier, hoping she had not moved. She and all those nearby would die. Anyone contaminated with her power would have to be killed. Lesar stopped a moment, focusing his senses ahead. There were people nearby. odd people, and one trying to hide her own unique energy that she probably still had no control over.

The redhead readied himself as he crept closer, temper flaring with his memories, one word whispered to himself. "Cousin."

Knowing it had to be her, he settled himself down to watch for the proper moment to strike, hiding himself in illusions. What were the odds there was anyone skilled enough to see through them among those three.

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(9/20/04 5:15 pm)

"Hmm?" Kujin gave a slight start, raising his cold gray eyes up to look to the speaker. Ugh, he must really be dazed, because he hadn't even seen the people that were now regarding him and even speaking to him. No, he definitely couldn't go on like this much longer. But, from the looks of it, it didn't look like he would have to. One woman, one man...it wouldn't be that difficult, given he did it gracefully. He'd learned something of that from Neviko.

Force would do little good in his current state.

"Oh...yes. A little tired, but otherwise well, thank you," he answered politely when he was able to recall what had been asked.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/10/04 10:12 am)

Akila shifted around, feeling nervous. Her sword only seemed to cause trouble now that it was awake. Glancing around and still seeing no sign of white wings or green eyes that wanted to kill her, she focused again on the new man, folding her silver wings tightly against her back. It was what she did now whenever she emt a wingless person. "There's a nice Inn in town, cheap enough prices and the rooms look good."

She glanced at Keldoun before sweeping her eyes across the forest once more, ignoring the sword giggling in her mind. Finally she returned her eyes to the man and waited curiously to see his response, meanwhile she frowned inwardly as Sekara seemed to laugh louder and the hairs on the back of her neck prickled. She shook off the feeling. He wasn't patient enough to just watch. It was just her imagination.

Lesar was perfectly still to keep the illusions hiding him intact, only his eyes moving. Two males, one winged, one simply wandering in. Something odd about both of them, but his focus was on the black haired silver wing. He examined her, noting she no longer clipped her claws like most of their kind did when they weren't expecting battle. Perhaps this wouldn't be such an easy kill after all.

He crept forward, focusing his illusions to hide his sight and moving slowly to hide his sounds, crouching and jumping into the trees, standing still again after drawing his sword, waiting until his cousin would turn slightly again and present him with the perfect opportunity for a quick kill.

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(10/18/04 4:34 pm)

Keldoun had unconciously adopted a defensive stance, arms crossed over his chest and legs spaced apart. His mind seemed to be prickling nervously, and he stared hard at Kujin for several moments. Yes, there was definitely something odd about him, but that didn't necessarily mean anything in this strange land. The angel could sense something else ...

His eyes darted immediately to a tiny movement under the nearby trees, and he dropped his arms to his sides. "Look," he whispered to Akila, staring pointedly in the direction of the movement. "Who is it you are expecting?"

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(10/27/04 12:04 pm)

"Inn?" Damn. Nevermind. Kujin wasn't nearly as experienced as his sister when it came to hunting his victims in a non-violent, graceful manner, and it was becoming painfully apparent to him now as he stood there without a clue as to how he was supposed to go about this whole deal. Neviko was an expert at the whole seduction game, easily able to draw men and women alike into her arms to take their lives. She always took their lives...Kujin never did. Well...not on purpose, at least.

Yes, he had learned about seduction from Neviko. But as for how to execute it...he hadn't a clue. It was easier said than done. And, apathy or no, Kujin couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated when it came to situations he had no real experience in.

Ehh...maybe it'd just be better to find his sister. If she had fed, she could lend him some of her newly replenished blood, just enough to give him the energy he needed to hunt. Battle was more his style...force and pain and adrenaline the only real element to remind him he was alive. Undead. But alive.

Or close enough.

Quite the paradox. He enjoyed to fight, but hated to kill. Or...perhaps he only hated to kill when it was to sate his thirst, his way of defying the curse that was so involuntarily brought onto him?

Who knew.

Or maybe he was just thinking these thoughts because he was so damn out of it.

"Ah...thank you. I will look into it," he stated calmly and, was about to take his leave, but paused, glancing back toward the male and female curiously as Keldoun called the woman's attention to something. And it was only then that he noticed how...anxious the two seemed. Hm. Interesting.

Blinking, he glanced vaguely in the direction the man was looking, but could notice nothing. Unlike many creatures that he had come in contact with, Kujin lacked the ability to sense presences...

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/7/04 2:52 pm)

Lesar hissed through his teeth as he was spotted. When Akila's sharp gaze turned towards the trees he unsheathed his sword. There was no longer time for subtlety. "Throwing out an illusions to one side to make it seem he was now over there, he waited another moment before dashing from the trees, sword drawn and headed towards his cousin. Wrath glowed white in his hand and an echoing silver glow came from the Star Sword, alerting Akila to his killer intent.

There was a brief flash and sword met sword, angry green eyes staring into terrified ones. Almost coolly he glanced towards the other two males and sneered at them. They'd both been touched as well. His eyes bled white as the white winged male turned his glare to the female he was attempting to kill. "Tainting others with your presence, cousin?"

-

Akila was gripping her sword with white knuckles and tried not to panic as the one man who hated her enough to give up everything to attempt to kill her and all she surrounded showed up. It didn't work and her eyes and hair soon turned as silver as her wings which were half unfolded with fright. She briefly darted her eyes towards Keldoun. "I was expecting him."

Keeping a tight grip on her sword and surprisingly her powers, she risked another glance towards the man who had simply stumbled onto them. "You might want to get away."

"Like I'd let them," was the vicious snarl from in front of her and silver eyes met white. Quivering at the deadly look she pushed her sword against his suddenly and stumbled back, both hands holding her sword defensively. "They have nothing to do with this."

"You've talked to them. Perhaps if they die first you'll actually pay attention." With no more warning Lesar turned his sword towards the -unknown to him- vampire and rushed forward to attack.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/10/04 4:39 pm)

It soon enough became apparent what the problem was.

Watching with cold gray eyes as a winged man suddenly appeared, sword clanging as the woman countered, Kujin tried not to smile at his stroke of luck and forced his face to remain smooth and impassive. He couldn't have picked a better group to stumble upon...it seemed like he would be getting his wish. This was his element. Neviko could keep her graceful stalking tactics.

Unfortunately, he soon was reminded that his strength wasn't quite up to par as the blood remaining in his body was so little than, had he been alive, he would have gone into shock. Undead, it only made him fatigued, as what little was left was being used primarilly to preserve his appearance rather than fuel his body with energy. That could be a problem...

It was.

As his dimmed mind was still trying to formulate a plan of action that could overcome this issue, the attacking man snarled and rushed forward to attack him. Blinking in surprise, Kujin's attempted dogde was only half successful; Lesar's blade cut deeply through his right side, and that precious red liquid began to dribble out in fat droplets.

Hissing involuntarilly and flashing white fangs, Kujin pressed his hand to his side, less out of pain and more to simply slow the blood flow and keep as much of it in him as possible. He could not die from blood loss, and the wound would heal with time...but it could certainly weaken him. And make him look as though he really were dead.

Straightening slightly, he pressed his other hand to his side and raised his bloodied hand to his lips to lap the blood from his fingers. Waste not. "I'm afraid you shall be sorely disappointed, sir," he murmured calmly. "Some among us cannot die so easily. But you are mortal, yes?" Urg. This was not good. Calm as he sounded, he knew he was in a dilemma. This guy was fast...and had a blade, and Kujin's kind weren't indestructible; there were ways, fairly simple ones, too.

But it was too late to split, now. Didn't look like he would have been able to, anyway. He'd just have to stick it out.

Drawing on his stores of magic, fire and water, the elemental magic he had been born with, he held it within him. It wasn't much; in his state, he couldn't draw much. But, it might be enough to be able to bluff with.

Trinn3
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/18/04 4:51 pm)

Keldoun had stood motionless even as the winged creature, Akila's stranger, suddenly appeared beside them. He moved slightly closer to Akila as Lesar rushed the other newcomer, slitting Kujin's side and spilling blood. So you can bleed, Keldoun thought. He may not have trusted Kujin, but this simple act of bleeding was enough to place the angel on his side, if only momentarily.

He moved silently, quickly, circling around to get behind Lesar. This position would give him an advantage, however slight, and a few moments of surprise. He formed the fingers on his right hand into claws, his nails growing long and sharp and hard as crystal as he concentrated his energy, his eyes glowing briefly light blue. Bent to make himself a smaller target, one of the broken wings on his back dragged on the ground as Keldoun rushed Lesar. The angel's clawed hand was ready to tear flesh, wings, or whatever the enemy was made of, and his other hand filled slowly with a ball of fire, ready to attack in its own way. He hoped that his power, along with his two companions', would be enough to get them through this mainly in-tact.

Ketria
SotE RPGer ^_^
(11/18/04 6:35 pm)

Lesar took a wary step back at the strange question. Mortal? His kind were long lived, very long lived. But he had a feeling the question wasn't about life span, but rather if he could die. Which he could. He sneered lightly to hide the sudden uneasiness. Who had his cousin stumbled into? Green eyes widened further as he realized the man had just licked up the blood he had spilt. He had been so confident that he would have destroyed at least one of them with that first strike. Trust that traitor to have fallen among beings as freakish as she. That meant he had double the reason to kill them.

Akila wanted to let her power rush free, the destruction run across the ground. But her and Lesar fighting would probably destroy them both, with the possibility of Keldoun and Kujin if they were caught in the cross fire. And she had once promised her father, before he died, that she would never kill one related to her. Lesar had made no such promise. But there was one thing she could do. It wasn't used much be her kind. They were all about willpower. They rarely used words or chants except when they desperately needed focus. Akila began muttering beneath her breath and crouched toward the ground, sending a silent apology toward Kujin and Keldoun for taking too long. Sekara pulsed in her hand as she slid her into the ground.

Lesar was too focused on the strange man, his sword held and his muscles tense and ready. It was too late to do more than limit the damage by the time he noticed Keldoun rushing upon him, his previously short nails grown into claws to rival any of his kind. He hissed with pain as claws ripped across where his wing met his back, damaging both as he dodged away. Red blood was trickling down his back, the traces of white hazy around it. He ignored his scared cousin, probably begging her Chaos Goddess for mercy and looked warily at the fireball. Elements had never been his kind of thing. His cousins could sometimes use it, but his was illusions. His eyes flickered around worriedly and then suddenly  he opened his wings wide and smirked. "Let's see how you do when you can't touch me, broken one." He sped into the air.

And promptly fell straight back tot he earth. Akila grinned, and left her sword in the ground as she stood, her own claws outstretched as she cautiously approached her dazed cousin. "We're both grounded now. I put a barrier up so he couldn't get away. Me too." She looked apologetically toward Kujin and his blood before she shrieked as a familiar sword bit into her side, stumbling backward in shock.

Cold green eyes glared at the three. This was getting a bit more dangerous than before. Wrath crackled with white energy in his hand, the wound on his back slowly healing and all the while the white was mixed in with the red as it spilled toward the ground. Their energy was in their blood. "You three are turning out be troublesome. Don't you think it's a bit unfair to do three against one?"

Nevermind he wanted to kill them all. Let's all just focus on the unfairness of his victims all ganging up on him.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/26/04 11:35 am)

Kujin twitched slightly as Keldoun spilled the attacker's blood, cold eyes riveted on the fresh wounds. He could smell it, too...or maybe that was his own blood, which was a mere trickle, now, as his side began the process of self-repair. Either way, the sight and smell was pure, tantalyzing torture to his heightened senses and baser, animalistic instincts.

Crimson droplets of the richest kind splashed to the ground, wasted...and Kujin tensed his muscles reflexively, shivering a little. Dear Gods, but he wanted to just rush right in and lap the blood from the ground if he couldn't yet get it from its source! This was pure hell on his senses...but he held onto his self control tightly and firmly. He couldn't lose that; if he did, it would matter not who was friend or foeâ€"all would be fair game, nothing more than prey to him. Nothing more than a little blood.

Swallowing hard, he was thankful for the distraction and Akila came in and knocked the man to the Earth. Until she, in turn, was cut.

He averted his eyes quickly back to Lesar. No, he was the only one of the group he should think about drawing blood fromâ€"and not enoug blood to kill, either; he never again wanted to kill to sate his own thirst. But the man was the attacker; he could only draw blood from him. Kujin kept the thoughts in his head, repeating them like a mantra. He couldn't lose his self control. And with so much blood flowing about him, he would have to focus hard to keep it.

Speech was another good distraction.

"You attacked them," Kujin said. "What follows is your own fault, and if you don't like it, you have only yourself to blame." His voice was slightly unsteady toward the end as, once again, he was focused on the blood. No...Kujin wouldn't kill...but if he could drain him of some of that precious liquid, he would be doing both himself and the others a favor. He would be sated, and the man would be weakened...

But Kujin himself was still weak. He'd lost even more blood, and even the magic he had held within him at the ready began to dwindle in its power...

If he was to do anything, he would need some energy to build upon...but he wasn't about to mention that to any of the people around him. They'd think him crazyâ€"if slurping up his own blood hadn't already given them the impression.

Anonymous

Keldoun grinned darkly at Kujin's suggestion of what was to come. This one deserved his impending punishment. And Keldoun was enjoying this new distraction, in a way.

"Come here, you," the dark angel growled, quickly rushing the now-healing creature. His eyes glinted orange in his white face and he brought back one arm. As he got close enough he leapt into the air, quasi-Matrix style, and brought both of his clawed hands down on Lesar's head while simultaneously lashing viciously out with one foot at the man's chest.

(OOC: Eh, so it's not so long, but at least I posted something!)

Anonymous

Akila had one hand pressed to her side, focusing her energy into healing it faster. Lesar had enough to deal with for the moment. She knew she was wasting energy, but Lesar was above her when it came to manipulating their energy into different forms and she was uniquely open to his illusions. He knew her too well and she would rather not be spending the next few weeks screaming her head off. Once he knew a weakness, he implanted the suggestion and let the mind to his work for him. So she stayed back and healed and watched for an opening.

Lesar was wary now, and ignored the words of the unwinged one to focus on the one he was sure was more dangerous now. His back was healing slower than Akila's energy encouraged side, but it didn't matter. He dodged one clawed hand, going to one side and snarled viciously as the other hand scraped his face. The foot brushed his side as he dodged and he felt it scrape. No real damage, but it would bruise. This time he didn't wait, darting back at the broken winged one, slashing with his sword at his left side, trying to dig into the arm enough to immobilize. The claw marks on his face were deeper than he would have liked and this was further slowing his healing process. They were long as well and he would need to finish it quickly, because this three against one where he had only injured his cousin and had been injured himself twice was not going well. His eyes were glowing white now and Lesar still had a few more tricks if these normal attacks didn't work. He could still use illusions and make a quick get away.

Anonymous

Keldoun landed hard on the ground in a crouch and tried to collect himself before Lesar could retaliate. He was almost fast enough, but his opponent's sword still sliced a deep red gash across his pale wrist. He pulled it back, hissing in a deep breath with the pain.

Taking a few darting steps to the side, Keldoun moved in again to attack.

"Maybe three against one isn't fair, but I really don't believe I care," he snarled. The dark clothing he wore accentuated his almost-glowing white skin, making him appear eerily demonic. He began to attack Lesar with short, rapid strokes; not trying for total annihilation, just trying to weaken Lesar enough that he would be easy to finish off.

Rhindeer

It became far too much. It seemed like blood was flowing everywhere, the thick scent bittersweet and torturous to his sensitive senses. It was too much, and before long, he could feel his rationale leaving, actually feel the lust for blood overpower any other thoughts, cautionary or not.

Luckily, he held onto self control enough to be able to distinguish friend from foe. They were attacking the...the man that had attacked them, first. Lesar. Attacking him would do them all justice...and the only factor that had restrained him to begin with was his own weakness. But now the man was weakened, himself, and occupied with an attack from their winged companion. Now was the ideal moment to strike and fulfill his own thirst.

Drawing from the final reserves of his energyâ€"after this, unless he was able to draw and drink some blood, he would be left with nothing, no energyâ€"he rushed toward their attacker in a near-blur, releasing his hold on his slowly healing side and allowing the blood to drip freely once again. But it mattered not. If he was able to drink some blood, his body would have the fuel it needed to begin its natural healing process. And all that was on his mind, as it were, was blood.

Never had he wanted it so much.

Seemingly appearing behind Lesar, the side that wasn't being attacked by Keldoun at the moment, he grasped the man's shoulders forcefully and reached over him from behind, aiming to sink his fangs into the side of the man's neck, to draw upon that store of rich, coppery blood. Inhuman speed was an innate ability of his kind, but it also took energy. Energy which very much needed to be restored through blood...

He no longer cared how bad this looked, nor did he care about the reactions this action might provoke. Feeding was his only concern...
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Lesar tried to avoid the strokes and he struck back with his sword when he could, Wrath squirming in his grasp. The sword wanted energy. If fed energy, it could help more. Like Star had. Lesar started to, an he saw it glow, adding energy to the attacks for more pain, more spreading attacks and his eyes lit up. His attention was focused on his winged opponent. He didn't even noticed the other odd one, who spoke of odd things, moving toward him.

His mistake, it ended up. Another slash from Keldoun had him flinching in time to see, but too late to stop, the other's approach. He was baffled at the angle of attack until his neck gave a sharp sending of pain and he froze. He didn't know how to react. Was this man, this thing, biting him? What in the name of...?

Wrath writhed mentally, the sword screeching something about ancient beings and Lesar gaped. before attempting to jerk away from the teeth imbedded in his neck. His wings tried to flap against his back and that hurt too, one of the wings having been injured. This wasn't happening, not to him, a Hunter of his own kind!

Akila stared, but she had a bit more information on the world around her than Lesar did. She'd been in this world longer and knew all about the creatures that walked here that didn't there. She hadn't thought he was one. But her mind whispered, vampire and she gaped. She knew they allegedly existed around here, from coming in contact with someone who had said they'd met one. But this was unreal. It couldn't be. She had to be seeing thing.

Her side was healed up now, but for some reason, she had no impulse to run in and fight now. She curled her silver wings forward automatically, protectively.

Anonymous

Keldoun stepped back as Lesar became apparently incapacitated at the hands, or rather, teeth, of the curious stranger. Why not, he thought, considering Kujin. Vampirism wasn't the strangest thing he'd ever known. And it was certainly coming in handy now. It appeared as if Lesar was busy enough for the moment to provide Keldoun with a small break.

The dark angel found no grievous wounds on his body, the worst of Lesar's damage had been wreaked on his still-bleeding wrist. Noticing Ketria's odd stance, he stepped closer to her, making an accurate guess at the source of her discomfort.

"Our new friend is dealing with your cousin, quite effectively, it seems." He paused a moment, coming closer. "Are you hurt?"

Rhindeer

Kujin's grip on Lesar tightened as he attempted to jerk away, doing his best to hold the man steady as he drank from him, feeling his strength return as new, warm blood began to run through his own veins with every gulp. And the change in him was very visible. Pale, sickly skin began to gain color and warmth, gradually shifting to a healthy tan. His body began to warm up, as well, as blood was restored within him, and the previously still organ in his chest, his heart, began to beat, weakly at first, aiding the flow of blood. After all, he was dead, in truth. His heart was no longer required to function, but it was still a necessary component needed to channel that much-needed fuel throughout his veins.

Though overcome by desire, he was thankfully not too far gone as to succumb to true Bloodlust, otherwise he would have been drinking to drain his victim dry, and wouldn't have cared how much self harm the man caused himself. Which was partially why he held on so tightly in an effort to keep him from struggling: his fangs would embedded in the man's jugular; if the man struggled too much, he ran the risk of severing the vein, which, in the case of mortals, meant instant death. And Kujin wasn't aiming to kill, but to weaken and fulfill his own...needs.

Of course, this man didn't know that. Always a problem. Sometimes, he really wished he had Neviko's ability; her victims never struggled, so enraptured were they by the "spell" she put them under. But, that also came from years of practice; she never let herself get to the starving point when she could help it, and she always killed. She and Kujin were polar opposites in that respect.

As Kujin began to feel his wounded side began to seal up, and at an abnormally rapid pace, he knew that he'd had enough. He had to stop now, though his body craved more, all of it, before he got too caught up and lost in desire. Any more, and he ran the risk of killing the man. No, he'd taken a healthy amount for himself, and left the man with enough to run onâ€"even if, undoubtedly, he would be left light-headed and woozy.

Carefully drawing his fangs free of the man's flesh, he quickly ran his tongue over the two parallel wounds left behind, both to clean up any blood that seeped out, and because the saliva of his particular breed of vampire had healing properties and would effectively cause the blood to clot enough to stop any bleeding. No doubt it would look freakish to anyone unfamiliar with his kind, and as he released Lesar and wiped the corners of his mouth free of any blood that had escaped him, he was abruptly aware of his, ah, companions.

Undoubtedly that whole episode had looked freakish...

Indeed, Akila was positioned in an odd way, and gaping openly. Keldoun, on the other hand, didn't seem bothered. Still, he shifted awkwardly. Now that he was back in his right mind and was functioning properly again, he was once again able to feel that emotion.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Akila stared as the vampire changed before her eyes, barely hearing Keldoun's comment. "Yeah, I guess he is." She shuddered, silver eyes fading to green as she realized there would be no battle now. Her cousin, if the vampire didn't kill him, was not stupid enough to stay around. She closed her eyes as she heard the question and looked toward her side absently. "I was. I heal fast. It's already closed up. It will be tender for a day or two, but as long as no more of my murdering friends or family come around, I should be fine."

It was meant half as a joke. Most of her leftover friends and family wouldn't want to kill her. Hurt her a bit, perhaps. Leana and Kelar would be most glad to see she was alive, even if Leana would beat her into unconsciousness. Or try, anyway. She glanced at the changed Kuijin and swallowed. He looked... better, actually. Green eyes flickered away and she itched for the extra protection of Star Sword in her hand.

She shook her head, looked toward Keldoun again and gestured toward his wrist. "Do you want help with that?"

She had energy enough to spare to help his wrist. To "encourage" it to heal, as some had said about how they healed. Besides, she wanted a distraction. She didn't want to think of Kuijin sucking on her cousin right now.

Lesar's struggles became more shock and weak as he felt his blood flow and his powers weakened as it did. Blood held energy, and he needed that energy to attack them! Lesar almost whimpered in relief as he felt the fangs leave. The sword at his side was silent. Perhaps in shock, perhaps because his weakness severed their ties.

He cringed as the man licked his neck and then scrambled away. His wings flared around him protectively despite the fact his knees tried to buckle from blood loss. He managed one last weak sneer at them. "I'll pay this back. I won't let this go, cousin. I'll get you, and you blood sucking friends and the broken one. I'll tear out their hearts and make you watch."

The threat may have been a bit less effective than usual as he swayed while he said it, gathering the bits of power left in him until he regenerated and send out illusions, careful to add the important details of sound to their bodies and making them stumbles as weakly as he. Six Lesar's all stumbled out of the clearing, heading in six different directions, the real one stunned and hoping they didn't attempt to follow.

Anonymous

"No," Keldoun refused Akila's offer quietly, feeling the wound starting to heal faster now. "Save your energy." He looked searchingly into her face for a moment, wondering what she was really thinking about their current situation. Then he turned away, back to the interesting spectacle of Kujin having dinner.

But the vampire had finished, apparently, and now was looking very much more alive than he had before. Keldoun was surprised to see that he hadn't killed Lesar. The angel could see, however, that Lesar wouldn't pose much of a threat to them anymore.

He started forward, but stopped when he started seeing six of their foe. All were weak, stumbling. Pathetic, really, he thought to himself.

Glancing back at Akila, he asked lazily, "Do you wish to follow him?"

Rhindeer

Well...that took care of that. Uncertainty was replaced by a touch of amusement and curiosity as he watched six wobbly versions of Lesar dash away, and a soft chuckle escaped him before he could help it. That was interesting. His threat had been interesting, as well. Tear out his heart? Hmm...actually, Kujin wasn't so sure about that one. He was certain it would hurt if that were to happen, but kill him? He wasn't too sure. All he knew was that beheading his kind would certainly result in death. Well...real death as opposed to animated death, that is. But, neither he and Neviko were very knowledgeable about their own kind; they'd never met another, save the one that had sired Neviko, but he hadn't stuck around to chat.

Food for thought.

Nevertheless, the threat was amusing and sounded superficial given the man's weak sakeâ€"and the relative ease in which he'd been able to attack him, given his own weakness. Though...he knew he'd had an advantage using the element of surprise and all...

Yet, once Lesar (or, Lesars) was out of sight and Keldoun spoke, he returned his attention to them, and shifted slightly. Well, no sense feeling awkward...he made a point of pushing that feeling away, and instead followed Keldoun's example and looked to Akila questioningly. No use drawing anymore attention than he already had to himself by acting suspicious and shifty. As long as he acted like nothing was unusual...though, of course, he imagined even doing that much would look a bit funny, considering his bloodstained lips.

That stuff always stained...

Anonymous

Akila watched Lesar go and sighed at the threat. Unlikely. Though, now that Lesar knew their strengths, he was more likely to use illusions when he next came, and trick with their minds instead of simply attacking. Still, tearing out hearts was a bit much. She watched the six versions go and almost smiled. He always did have an eye for detail. Having one Lesar wobble away and the others walk normally certainly would have been strange.

When Keldoun denied her offer she carefully went over to her sword and pulled it out, feeling the rush of babbling power that coursed from both of them into the other. The barrier was broken now. She could fly if she wanted. She ignored the power and pushed it away. Using it only ended badly. The barrier didn't count; it was technically a technique of another culture. Using her powers by instinct or even thought always ended badly eventually. In the most recent years, death had been common.

Her eyes darkened now that she was turned away from her companions. She had hoped... But Lesar wouldn't give up. She was still grimacing from Kuijin sucking his blood, but it would make Lesar actually think as he usually did instead of simply focusing on vengeance. Vengeance. What a joke. She hadn't done anything to him. But she was the enemy of their homeland, basically, and she had killed those he could have, in a general way, called comrades. Never mind they were murdering scum. They were Sentrian murdering scum.

Akila knew it was bad to let her cousin go. He could come back, colder, more thoughtful, and use his power in ways she hadn't never even dreamed of. She had never been able to control her power. She was a Silver. But he was a White, and so it was much simpler for him. He was also family. She couldn't hunt family, no matter what he did. They were too precious. Her voice sounded weary. "No, let Lesar go. He'll stay away." For a while anyway. But she didn't say it out loud.

She forced the despair from her eyes and the tenseness from her body. Locked it all away, leaving careful blankness that she had traveled with for years and had hoped she wouldn't have to again. She turned to face them with that blank, unreadable look and nodded at Kuijin. "Thank you for driving him off."

Her sword pulsed in her hand, laughing and sending off enough waves of power that Akila wouldn't be surprised if they could feel it. Sadistic sword, she was enjoying Akila's turmoil. She was waiting for the Tshaalkan to give it up and let her power flow. She wouldn't. No matter how connected she and the sword were. The sword was under her control, not the other way around. No matter that it had been Sekara who had called to Wrath. She was the one in control.

How she wished she could believe that.

Anonymous

"That was a useful trick," the dark angel smiled thinly at Kujin, now a respected partner. "But why didn't you kill him? You could easily have done so."

He crossed his arms over his chest, a defensive stance that he unconsciously adopted often. Now that the excitement was over, what would happen? Keldoun had never liked small talk, nor had he ever been good at it, but it looked like a skill he would have to learn if he was to continue fraternizing with people.

Shifting slightly, one disjointed wing brushed the ground. Acknowledging the small jolt of pain, Keldoun looked down at the dirt where the ratty feathers had scuffed it, remembering the times when he hadn't needed to come in contact with dirt at all. He still hadn't adopted shoes. Perhaps not such a wise choice, he thought now, noticing the scratches and bruises coloring his albinoesque feet.

He also remembered the recent depression Akila had found him in, feeling a twinge of that now as he considered his earth-bound state. A tiny puff of air escaped from his mouth, making only a small sound, but bringing him back sharply to the present. He looked up again at Kujin and awaited his response.

Rhindeer

Kujin didn't know what kind of reaction he was expectingâ€"people reacted to his, er, habit in various waysâ€"but a positive reaction was by far the rarest. But, he also hadn't expected to be driven away or scorned, either, otherwise these people would have already turned on him. And, from what he gathered, they didn't seem to be the type that would attack unless he initiated an attack on them, first. And after all...he had done that to help them. And himself.

Still, their response put him at ease, pushing away some of the awkwardness. He didn't think he'd ever be able to get rid of that feeling completely, though; it came after each feeding, a feeling of combined shame and regret. He knew he couldn't help what he was, nor could he change it, but it didn't mean he had to like it any more, either. He didn't know if he'd ever completely be able to get used to it...and he'd really have preferred it if he'd at least had a choice on the matter of being sired. He would have been dead by now, and he knew Neviko did it to save his lifeâ€"and also because she was selfish, herselfâ€"but...it just wasn't worth it. On many levels.

Mortal death would have been better. If he were to die now...apparently, his kind lacked souls. If he died now...

"No problem, it was nothing," he replied to Akila, shaking his head, before Keldoun followed up with a question of his own.

Ah, yes...that...

Kujin gave a slight grimace. "I..." How to answer... "I try not to kill when I can help it," he answered finally, gray eyes growing distant as he opted for the less complicated explanation. He could have rambled for hours listing all the reasons why he chose not to kill: not wanting to give in to the instincts nature attributed to his kind, defiance, trying to hold onto some shred of his former life, of his humanity, trying to convince himself and any gods that might be that he was worthy of a soul, even though he had long since ceased to believe in their existenceâ€"yet longed to recapture that belief in something. There were many reasons. But they were also private reasons.

Shrugging off the thoughts, he changed the subject suddenly. "What was with him, anyway?" he asked.

Anonymous

Akila almost smiled at Kujin's reply, but she was more focused on his answer to Keldoun's question. oddly enough, she understood. At least, she understood the not wanting to kill part, in a way. She didn't understand the way he fed, or why it happened, but she understood not wanting to kill with a power that easily could. She had killed with the power given to her and now she locked as much of it away as she could while still being herself.

Then the next question came and Akila flinched. She suddenly wished she could just sink into the ground. This wasn't a question she wanted to answer, and Keldoun couldn't, after all. "He's a Hunter. Sort of like a Bounty Hunter, but hired by the government of my homeland. Though, for him it's not simply for money."

If it was, she knew, he wouldn't have come this far. No Hunter did, usually. Lesar must have been looking for her and following the clues to have gotten to her so fast. He was very tenacious when he wanted to be, unfortunately. "He's took something I did a bit personally, saw it as me dirtying the family names and now he hunts me - and anything I touch. And to think when we were children, I actually thought he was the nicest of my cousin's."

Her tone was mild, only betraying the sarcasm and mild sadness in her voice. She wasn't going to have a fit over it. She wouldn't cry over this. She wouldn't cry over the cousin willing to kill her. She couldn't, because it was just another way of losing. So she kept her face as blank as she could and answered the question.

Anonymous

"So he will return," Keldoun stated, having really nothing else to say and not feeling comfortable with the silence following Akila's explanation. He noticed her sadness at the subject, but didn't know what other topic to switch to that would interest either of the others.

He looked up at the sky. Clouds were growing, many of them dark grey. He sighed. Small talk. "Looks like rain..."

Rhindeer

Indeed, Kujin was not comfortable with that silence, either. Yet, he had a knack for hiding his own feelings, and as such made a point to veil his discomfort.

Yet, there was more to that than just the silence. Kujin's social skills were quite lacking, and for obvious reasons; he really only socialized with his sister, and the rare vampire that wasn't out to kill a younger one. He'd always just felt...so out of place around mortals since being "cursed", and, really, who could blame him? It was just a bit odd and awkward feeling, considering the majority of his kind looked upon mortals as little more than their next meal or play thing.

Unfortunately, those instincts ran deep, and if he wasn't careful, he was susceptable to that line of thought.

"Not for a while, though, I wouldn't think. His pride seemed wounded." Well, considering he slunk away in a manner that suggested that, had he possessed a tail, it might have been tucked between his legs. And, in addition to wounded pride, he had depleted him of a good store of blood.

Likely, it would be a while.

In any case, Kujin wasn't concerned.

A small smirk formed when the other man commented on the weather, and he gave a small nod. "Yes, it does..."

Anonymous

At least neither of them were prying into her personal life beyond Lesar. Not that he was the only family member around, she knew of one other, but she had no time to go baby sit him and he wasn't dangerous. Not to her at least, and probably not to anything else.

"Lesar is big about pride. He'll probably take a week to make sure he's fully fit again and that he can work in top shape. He doesn't need that long, but he'll take it. After that... He'll actually make a plan. That will take awhile. When he gets into that mode of thinking he wont move until he's absolutely ready." She relaxed slightly as she spoke her thoughts aloud to them. She knew she was right. They were safe for a bit, and perhaps by the time he came after her again she would be alone.

Whatever happened, she would not kill him. He was family. It didn't matter if it was a choice between her life and his. She wouldn't kill a family member. Though, she might come close to save one innocent of her crimes. But she still would not deal a death blow. Never ever.

She glanced up at the sky and almost snorted at the small talk. Okay so it was a bit cloudy, but surely-

Plunk!

A large droplet of water splashed right between her eyes on her upturned face. Akila went almost cross-eyed looking at it before turning to stare at the males as a few more droplets came down. "I hate rain. You know of course, if you two hadn't said anything, this wouldn't be happening."

The Tshaalkan female sidled beneath a few trees and repeated sullenly, "I hate rain."

Anonymous

Keldoun grinned at Akila's accusation. He stayed where he was, letting the rain splash down and soak him quickly. Lifting his face to the sky, he closed his eyes for a moment and allowed himself to relax. Unlike Akila, he definitely had nothing against rain. He enjoyed it, in fact, and had ever since he had first experienced it. Long before he had lost his flight.

How wonderful it had felt to fly through the rain, letting the drops fall around him. On the ground, rain was enjoyable. But in the air, it was marvelous.

Glancing back at Akila, he surprised himself by laughing at her miserable form, huddled under the trees. "Come out, enjoy the rain!" he called to her, smiling widely and taking a few light steps through the mud, feeling it soft and warm between his toes.

Anonymous

Akila narrowed her eyes and stuck one hand out. She immediately withdrew it as water splashed onto it and she shook her head emphatically. "No thanks. I don't like rain. Give me a river, a waterfall, a nice bath, anything is preferable to this. Rain is so... random."

She backed up against the trunk of a tree and shivered at the darkening sky. At least it wasn't a thunderstorm yet. She disliked rain. She had an absolute fear of storms. Which was understandable, if illogical. Her green eyes glanced up again and she sighed. It didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon. "Anyone know if there's a cave near here? Or anything dry?"

She didn't want to have to make a run back to the village. She would be soaked by the time she got there.