Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Damned humans! [by RaspberryGold]

Started by Rhindeer, December 29, 2004, 10:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

[-Patted.-Yeah, it's really starting to bite at this point. I just wanna blow it all up! Bwahaha!!]

The name was perfect and seemed rather easy to keep in mind. Even after having heard Keina's name over and over from quite the number of people, he was certain it wouldn't be such a great deal to remember this alias that he had chosen. As for the wardrobe, he was more than willing to set it to any standards that were placed before him. It was better to keep on good terms with those that were hired rather than get their blood boiling. Everything had to go right, and Scyros was willing to go to any length to make sure of that. If Aiden requested something that was totally oblivious to the servants, it would be forced to be done otherwise. When he meant everything had to be perfect, it was meant.

"Aiden Ilae . . . That's perfect," he said, giving a nod of his head before he shifted himself in his seat. Casual clothing, indeed. He was right about the situation, she would avoid someone dressed up like their held to a high rank. "If there's anything in particular you need or want, don't hesitate to make a request. The clothing will be casual as you've asked."

His fingers laced together as he propped his elbows on the table top, resting his chin on his knuckles and closed his eyes, somewhat lost in his own world of thoughts. There was no possible way things could go wrong, and he was sure of it. But more people were needed for the rest of it. And what made it even more bewildering was he was planning on keeping it hushed that he was paying the kidnapper more than he'd ever think of paying those that would be placing themselves on the line. A few corrupt knights and twisted guards would prove good enough. All he had to do was corrupt them.

It would be that hard in the long run, humans and weaker creatures were so easy to control by money and materialistic objects.

He cleared his throat as he opened his eyes. "Now we just need to get you adjusted into the setting and landscaping of Adela to make things easier for you, Aiden." Leaning back in his seat again, he tried to think of how many times he had shifted in that spot. For a Lord, he was awful fidgety. "Have you decided where you will go after the kidnapping? I want to make sure that everything is set up properly."

Rhindeer

[Yes! Blowing up stuff is gooooood...muahahahah!]

"Great, thanks," Keina said, and though confident and nonchalant on the outside, inwardly, he was floored as everything really began to settle in his mind, registering as really...real. This was pretty crazy. Here, a Lord was being completely compliant for him, a commoner. Damn...if he wasn't careful (and could come to terms with the inherant awkwardness of having everything suddenly at his beck and call), he could get used to this. He'd never been spoiled in his life, but he imagined this was what it was like.

Kinda fun, actually. If a bit weird, too. It was quite the change of pace. Asking for things wasn't something Keina was really used to, as someone who always had to do everything on his own, even early on in life, and as someone who grew up with very little, around people who owned very little. Quite the culture shock, really.

He wasn't about to complain. He was adaptable.

Noticing the Lord seemed deep in thought with his eyes shut, Keina was respectfully quiet as well, not wanting to disturb his client. Absently fiddling with his hair, which had yet again fallen into his eyes, another thought occured to him. New clothes and a new name probably wouldn't be enough to obscure his identity for such a high-profile job...and a change in hairstyle was one of the quickest ways to change one's appearance...

He scowled slightly. Made sense, but there was no way he was cutting it. He'd just...dye it and wear it differently or something. Dyes weren't hard to make if the right plant matter was available...

Glancing back toward Scyros as he spoke again. Man...he sure fidgeted a lot. Nervousness, maybe? Or just anticipation? Keina could understand both, for he certainly felt bothâ€"though anticipation was strongest among the twoâ€"even now, though he didn't let on to that fact. It was only natural to feel that way, and good, even; such emotions kept you on your toes and cautious. But showing such emotions never tended to look good, especially if you were trying to sell something.

"Where I'll go? Hm...I'm kinda leanin' toward this Necromantia place. Never heard of it, myself, and in a case like this, that's a good thing. Sounds like a cheery place." He smirked. "Might not be good to stay in Adela; they'd be scourin' the place, too many chances for secrets to leak out. The further away, the better...unless, of course, you'd like to keep the Princess an' me where ya can see us and you're confident your home is protected enough to keep such a big secret...secret."

Speaking of the Lord's home, he was really looking forward to getting there. Young adult or not, he was not without child-like curiosity, and he couldn't say he'd ever been in a Lord's home before.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

[ Hehehehe . . . As Vin Diesel once said, "Dude, stop thinking Cop and start thinking Playstation. Blow shit up!!"]

That was true, it probably wasn't smart to stay within Adela. But then again, you never really knew what those royals were thinking and where they might search. And . . . his home safe enough to hide a secret like that? If being a complete puzzle that was easy to get lost in unless you have been there a long time was considered safe and protected, than it was suitable enough. But Scyros didn't day anything on the subject. He decided that it was best not to get into the structure of the place at the time.

Slowly, he progressed to doing a lot less fidgeting and more put more focus on the subject at hand. It was awkward to depend on someone else for help with something, and it was very new to him. Never did he need to get someone else to aid him with an idea or plan he had in mind. It was going to be more or less a learning experience for the both of them at the same time. For now it didn't seem to be that complicated, yet he wasn't going to get overconfident. Probably another element that helped cause him to be such a fidgety.

"If that is where you wish to go, arrangements will be made as soon as you decide to carry out the kidnapping." Of course, everything after that point was going to be placed within Keina's hands alone. There wasn't going to be the risk of a sighting, or communication from this Lord to someone outside of the kingdom. He knew that all was going to be monitored a lot more than usual.

"You'll need to understand that after the kidnapping, contact will be abolished. You'll have to fend for yourself after that point. There will be no transportation for you to get to Necromantia, you'll have to find a way." Thinking on it, that was a little off the deep end to leave it at that. For the first time, he bit down on his bottom lip before drumming his long nails on the table top. "Though on second thought, I'll have stationaries within the area to supply you with anything you might need."

It wouldn't be easy, but then again the entire thing in the end wasn't going to be all that simple. If worse came to worse, he'd have to wipe out anyone who might know of the stationaries so there was no evidence to lead back to him. True, it was cruel and rather heartless to turn on those that he somewhat trusted -- but they weren't really friends so there wasn't any guilt that his so-called heart would feel. That just went to prove the extremes he would go to ensure every bit of perfection for this little game of cat and yarnball he wanted to play.

Pull at the strings one at a time until the entire thing unraveled. Just like the yarnball, the monarch, too, would come undone and collapse. Hopefully.

Anonymous

(OOC: I am sorry, but I can't be in this RP anymore. I didn't plan for another person to come in. I don't have the time to read over all the new posts until this weeked. I assume there will be more posts before I can have the time, so I would be left too far behind if I try to come back. So Lycansea has effectively snuck off some time ago. I honestly thought I checked this place last week, but alas it has been two weeks. Anyway, I am glad that you, SmallWonder, have someone to RP with finally. I really wanted to continue this, but I just don't have the time to read all the new additions.   :cry:  I wanted to finish this RP, but it seems like I have to just make an exit.)

(Edit: OOC: Sorry for sounding a bit too bitter at the last part. I wasn't really "upset," as much as I was "sad" that I couldn't make a grand exit post. I didn't mean to sound so emotional, but the school stress is really getting to me. I haven't be really calm in a couple of months now... Yeah, don't worry. I am starting a new post somewhere else. The way I was RPing in this one was boring me.)

Rhindeer

[*SNUGZ!* I hope school gets better for you...you've had it rough... ;_;]

Keina nodded. "Yeah, I think this Necromantia place'd be the best bet..." Even though he'd never heard of it, much less <I>been there before. But, he was willing to do whatever it took to stay covert and carry out the mission successfully. No matter how different the place was, he could get used to it. And it wasn't like he'd be having to stay there forever; just for a while. Nah...he could take care of it. Especially since it seemed this Lord was willing to provide and make all the needed arrangements. All he had to do was carry out the kidnapping, split, and lay low for a while.

Easy.

Hopefully, though, this Necromantia place at least spoke the same language, though...erm...if not, that could be a problem and...

Wait, scratch that bit about everything being taken care of. The Lord's next words proved that, indeed, there was still more work to be done on his part than just grabbing the Princess and splitting. He'd have to find his own way over there, as contact would be abolished...though stationaries would be provided in Necromantia.

Alright. That was still no biggie, really. He'd just have to go to the docks in advance and make arrangements ahead of time, figure out the schedules, and sychronize the kidnapping with that. And, if sychronization failed...

"No problem. I'll just go to the docks ahead of time and get the schedules for the ships and all that." He'd never been on one before, but...well, no one needed to know that! He could figure it out; it wasn't brain surgery. "I'd try and plan the kidnappin' around the schedules, but...well, that all depends on Arelnath, when I can get to her. If the kidnappin' happens before a ship's goin' out to Necromantia, would it be alright for us to stay at your place until the next ship comes in? Or go somewhere else? Either way, it can be worked out, I can figure somethin' out. Just makin' sure to cover all the bases ahead of time, so I got a back-up plan."

Those were highly important, of course. If all else failed, you always needed something you could fall back on. Only idiots expected everything to go exactly according to plan. Stuff happened.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

[ I'm sorry. . . ;-; I hope things start to get better for you soon. ]

The Lord couldn't help but allow a smirk to appear on his face, stretching almost from ear to ear. Keina was more than capable of taking care of everything after the kidnapping as it seemed. The recommendations didn't even live up to this youth in person. Just that little surprise of him setting up a schedule was enough to make Scyros laugh; but it was restrained. The youth was thinking everything out ahead, making back-up plans incase one failed. Truly something that didn't come with everyone you hired for a job.

Raising an eyebrow, the Lord brought his gaze up to meet with Keina's for a moment as he let the rest of his words sink through. It was fully decided then that this was indeed the proper person for a job such as this. He was to have it go no other way.

"If need be that you have to stay within my home for a little longer, that is fine. Those ships don't always run a steady course," he answered with a slight nodding of his head. "Nonetheless, I will make sure that there is a ship within three days of you kidnapping her, if not sooner. If holding one up on its schedule, the so be it. It shouldn't be all that difficult to get a ship to wait around, so long as they know that they won't make it alive if they leave before you need them to."

Pitiful and childish threats were way out of Scyros' league, yet if there was the killing of a ship crew on top of the kidnapping of Arelnath . . . Well, it almost spoke entirely for itself after that point. They'd surely know that whoever it was was in a dire need to get away from Adela. But if it ended up coming to that, it wasn't all that much of a big deal to cover up. The slaughtering of some blood-thristy creature would be enough proof that it wasn't the kidnapper. He just hoped it wouldn't go to those extremes, though it would make for a great distraction.

"Will there be more of these villagers after you any time soon? Or is it safe to get out of here and head for Adela?" Whether it was safe or not, it didn't matter. They were going to get to Adela. The Lord just didn't want to leave a blood trail behind him. He didn't need to have this all publically smeared on him if it were found to be.

Rhindeer

The Lord's threat of death upon a crew member or two should the ship not wait did not bother Keina, and he simply nodded in acknowledgment; it was all part of the job, and it wasn't like he knew any of them, either, or like they wouldn't have a warning. Well...maybe it bothered him a little, but only because he worried it would draw unwarranted attention and suspicion to him and what he was to carry out. But, then he reminded himself about this Lord...and how this Lord appeared to have a knack for not attracting attention. Hell, he'd just killed a group of people and driven a mob away, and yet no guards had yet come...

That took some serious skill.

And, aside from all that, Keina couldn't help but feel respect for the guy for being so thorough and informative. To anyone else, that would probably seem odd, considering the man was asking him to kidnap someone, had killed people, and likely would repeat the process, but, well, Keina's ethics weren't exactly squeaky clean. It was everyone for themself in Keina's world, and though he'd never killed a man himselfâ€"he was a thief and con man, not an assassinâ€"it didn't really bother him, in and of itself. He wasn't close to anyone, and beneath the youthful confidence and sometimes playful attitude was a hardened individual.

Selfish might be a better word. But, hey, that was the way of the real world.

Keina laughed suddenly, amused by the Lord's question. Which was only natural, given he was the known wanted man. "No, those guys weren't after me," he answered with a grin. "Heh, for once. They were after the other guy that was hereâ€"why, I have no clue. I just got caught up in the chaos. Right place at a wrong time turned right. Dunno if they'll be back...but I'd reckon ya spooked 'em enough to stay away, if they're smart."

Taking the sheathed dagger Scyros had given him, he rose and slid the blade into his belt, then stretched out his back; he really wasn't one to sit for too long. Too much energy. He was surprised he hadn't fidgited, but, then, that never looked good when you were trying to win someone over. "I'm ready for Adela when ya are. It'd prob'ly be best to leave before someone decides to investigate."

Anonymous

((OOC: No, I didn't forget about this thread. I've just been waiting until I get Arelnath freed up so that we can go through with the whole plan. Hopefully, she'll be freed up sooner or later. Basically, it all depends on how things turn out in the thread between her and Judal. Just wanted to let you know that this thread was not forgotten.))

((IC:))

Scyros grinned, slightly taken to surprise that he wasn't the one being pursued. He had thought that was the case, hence why he had given no second thought to killing those people. Either way, it was enjoyment. And if he had known before hand, he probably would've gone through with it. It made no difference to him. They were standing in his way, and persisted in doing so since they seemed to be still in pursuit. It was a chance to flex a few muscles and abilities that had not been used for a lengthy period of time.

And it was more than likely a good start to working back to his original skill level, it would all be needed within time. Especially if he was to toss the Queen out of power and keep it that way. He'd definitely need to be able to keep the rebels that were against him at bay. Even more so if they brought in more support to restore the Queen back to her power. That just wasn't going to be tolerated.

"Aye, and should someone make an effect to trail behind . . . Let's just agree that they won't be talking to anyone," the Lord stated as he gently slid the chair away from the table and stood up.

Giving a nod of his head, his back was turned to Keina in an instant, that black cloak of his back over his shoudlers and tied in the front. And his hands hadn't even budged from hanging at his sides. Yes, he was getting back into the swing of his demonic values and skills. It was foolish to have laid dorment in Adela for so long, and it'd be hard to recover from. Yet it'd all be compensated for, and even then more.

A lot more.

His clawed hands rose up and pulled the hood over his head, blacking the rest of him from the light and from view. Calmly, he walked outside knowing that Keina would more than definitely follow not too far behind. With that easy assumption -- if not accurate conclusion -- he found it free to occupy the journey back with some more tid bits and minor details on both Adela and the plan. At this point, even the slightest crumb of information could change something. He was sure of that.

"You'll be holding her in seclusion for a while. A long while before the rest of the plan is set into motion. The kingdom needs to be terrorified and in panic. I'll probably have to manipulate the Prince -- Arelnath's younger brother." Beneath the darkness of the hood, he grinned; baring those sharp fangs of his. If Dorian was easily taken to Scyros' side, then everything would go along smoother. But he knew it wasn't going to be simple. "He'll be the biggest problem after the kidnapping . . . For a heartless and violent mixed-breed child, he's fond of her and only her. He's bond to rebel."

Rhindeer

[omigoodness...sorry for not replying! XD I didn't forget! Just had a brainfart for some reason. O.o]

Keine only smirked lightly as Scyros spoke of, basically, killing anyone who tried to follow them. It didn't bother him, the thought of killing. He'd seen people die on the streets all the time. Hell, he'd grown up in the slums, after leaving that sperm donner that others might call a father, and the slums were no pretty thing. People died if they weren't careful, either from the disease the rats spread or from a knife pulled across the throat if they had something that someone harder than them really wanted.

Desensitised? One could call Keina that. But it was just how life was. People died. People were screwed up and just plain evil. To survive, you had to be either tougher and more ruthless, or just be more clever. Keina was the clever type, and that'd how he'd made itâ€"he just didn't have the body type of a thug, and, honestly, he'd seen enough killing to want to kill himself. Sure, he'd do it if he had a reason, but he had no plans of becoming one of those evil folks he'd feared as a kid. Besides, he was a theif, not a fighter.

Then again...here he was, readying to carry out another kidnapping deal for some cash. Wasn't that just as evil? After all, in the cases of his other kidnappings...he didn't know what kind of life he was returning those women to. Their "husbands" might have been abusive, or maybe not even "husbands" to begin with, but brothel managers. But it simply wasn't his problem. He was getting paid for it, that was all, and he didn't know them, nor would he know them after the job was through. A buck for a life. Hell, he could vouch for the popular saying that money was the root of all evil; he'd seen people stabbed in the back for a few coins, and he'd delivered women to unknown fates for a small purse. Didn't that make him evil in his own way?

Bah. Maybe, if he even believed in a good or evil to begin with. But there was neither. There was just what you had to do in order to get by, and this deal, right here, was his big break if ever there was one.

Besides...those women weren't blameless, anyway. They should have known what they were getting into before associating with such bastards.

He followed alongside Scyros and listened as he talked, explaining even further, and Keina nodded his understanding, smiling. "I can hold her for as long as ya need," he offered up optimistically and confidently. And as for the prince...well, that wasn't his problem. He was going to be long gone after the kidnapping was through, and he wouldn't have to deal with him.

Anonymous

[Ha ha! Brainfart. Lol. S'okay, no worries.]

The bodies from before were still sprawled out on the ground, no signs of footsteps from other people coming to investigate what had gone on. That was certainly a plus. But Scyros was still certain it wouldn't be all that long before the castle sent guards about to try and find the being that had delivered such carnage into the streets of Serendipity. All kingdoms were like that: let things silence down and then try and figure out what had gone on. It was the trait of kingdoms that he was counting on for the plan to go over well. He'd take it on head first if he was absolutely certain his small curse had faded away, yet he wasn't going to test it out just yet. Then again, perhaps this was one thing to be tested before trying anything. Not the slightest bit of concern seemed to radiate from him beneath that dark hood.

What a long walk it'd prove to be back to that Adelan Kingdom he was so twistedly plotting against. No matter, that was what horses were captured and trained for. Magnificant creatures, and so many of them to spare at a moment's notice. Yet he had to offer them great respect for the things they could manage; well, the ones that he had at his residence anyhow. As to what the horses in the wild were like he had not the slightest idea, but was certain they were far more impressive than those trapped and tormented by two-legged beings like himself. No matter, they got the job done and that was all that mattered to anyone who rode them. Whoever made them into show animals at times needed to be placed on a table and have their brain poked at.

The Lord would generously volunteer to split open a skull or two.

Those eyes of his shimmered beneath the hood though no light reached them, the edge of the village coming into view and the trimmed hedges of bushes just before the larger barked trunks and branches of trees. It was a difficult task to see them, but a lone pair of black stallions stood side by side amongst the first cluster of trees; their reins hanging untied to anything. He hadn't bothered to take the few moments that it would have taken to secure the horses in their place and be assured they wouldn't wonder off on their own. What well trained animals he had brought with him.

His right hand came out from beneath the darkness of the cloak, stretching out in front of himself as his feet stopped moving; maybe a good hundred yards or so from the loose stallions. Their heads turned to gaze at him and Keina who was with him, their dark eyes hardly visible from this distance but still the usual softness that a normal horse would have. Not that rabid look of one that would much rather bite your hand of than let you place a saddle on his back and let you ride around on him. When the dark animals started to move toward him, Scyros stepped out to meet them almost halfway, taking both of the reins in his right hand and looking back over his shoulder at Keina.

"I'm positive you know how to ride a horse without a problem." Bringing out his left hand, he took a hold of the reins of the horse on his left and turned to hold them out for Keina. "We'll be long gone before anyone manages to sort their head out to come and check things."

Rhindeer

"Well...I...kinda..." For the first time since this whole meeting, Keina showed a slight hint of unease. Horses. Ugh. He and horses just didn't mesh well, or at least he didn't think so. Nevermind that it was his own fault.

Years ago when he was younger, maybe thirteen, he'd got the brightest idea that he could steal a horse and really make some money, or at least more than what he was lifting. Not a good horse or anything; that'd just be stupid. A horse like those old ones that the drunkards down in the cheap taverns used and tied up messily somewhere near the building. Seemed easy enough, what with their masters being wasted and the area being the local slums where no one really cared what anyone else did so long as it didn't bother them. The most he'd had to watch out for there at that age had been the resident perverts and the return of the horse's master. Wasn't like the guards really wasted their time out there. Easy.

Or so he'd thought.

Except he hadn't realized horses could bite, nor that riding a horse wasn't as simple as it looked. Damn thing had bucked him off as soon as he managed to climb on, and all the commotion attracted a very angry horse-owner. Luckily he'd been drunk, because he otherwise might not have been as easy to evade.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

In any case...he'd avoided horses since then. Wasn't like he had money for one, anyway, and the money stealing and selling one would shell out just wasn't worth getting bitten. Sure, women bit and kicked, too, but at least they were of a portable size.

Now Keina could only give a sheepish grin and scratch the back of his neck as he took the offered reins cautiously with his free left hand. "No...no, not really. We don' get along too well..." he added, shifting his gaze to his horse and eyeing it with all the reluctance of one condemned to the gallows. Sure, it looked sweet and pretty now...