Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Salutations, I am a Noob

Started by Sentinel, October 12, 2014, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel

Hello! I'm Adam, but you can just refer to me as Sentinel I suppose. I'm a seventeen year old high school student with a passion for writing and singing.
Nice to be here, hopefully I'll see you in the roleplay soon!

SilmeriaElemred

ohhhh singing too ! Sweet :D
Welcome to the group =3 looking forward to make stories with you =3

Sentinel

Quote from: SilmeriaElemred on October 12, 2014, 11:56:49 AM
ohhhh singing too ! Sweet :D
Welcome to the group =3 looking forward to make stories with you =3

Awesome! However I'm having a little trouble getting the hang of this, I think after a bit I'll understand it better.

SilmeriaElemred

what I noticed when I started, everyone here is very kind :) and willing to help out so if there is anything you'd like to know just ask ^^

Sentinel

Quote from: SilmeriaElemred on October 12, 2014, 10:01:50 PM
what I noticed when I started, everyone here is very kind :) and willing to help out so if there is anything you'd like to know just ask ^^

I've got a bit of a question, actually.
I've taken part in a Free Form Roleplay forum before, but it was laid out differently.
Rather than making stories with people, the entire forum was one continuous story. Each topic, rather than each subforum, was a location, and the characters would interact in that location based upon what was going on, which was never plotted out and always dictated by the characters themselves.

So, my question would be, how do I start a story or join one? Do I simply hop in on one or is there some kind of joining process to make sure each story goes as wanted?

Lion

It's sort of like that here, but not quite in that way.  All stories occur at once (or however you see fit to conduct your character's timeline, which is liquid here depending on your play style.  You may have your character in multiple threads if say for instance one event precedes another.)

Here, the entire forum is comprised of separate locations, with varying geography, cultures etc  (see: The World if you haven't already) and players create stories together in threads.  Each thread tells the story of SotE, in a manner of speaking, as I think Rhi (grand Admin) has said at one time or another.

The best place to get started would be the Plotting Center and you can browse what others have posted in terms of desired threads, available characters, open threads, etc.  Or you may also post one yourself, inviting people to take part in the story - or stories - you've made for your character.  Plot style (pre-plotted or going with the flow) is all up between you and your partner, there's no set way you have to do things.  You may also make an open thread in a specific location yourself and invite people to join in.  Or you may peruse another player's characters and message them about a certain character your interested in writing with.  Those are just some ways you could get started.

I hope that helps! 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

SilmeriaElemred

Hopefully the answer answered your question ^^
question from my side to you. What music do you make/ sing? ^^

Sentinel

Quote from: SilmeriaElemred on October 15, 2014, 12:25:07 AM
Hopefully the answer answered your question ^^
question from my side to you. What music do you make/ sing? ^^

I've got a very wide musical spectrum, including rock, soul, a small amount of opera and some broadway.

I love to sing. When I write music, however, it's usually rock.
And would you or anyone like to make a story sometime? I can't really find a way to just get in the groove, this is quite foreign to me.

SilmeriaElemred

sure I do not mind ^^ At the moment all characters I got profiled are taken but I got plenty more in my head. Looking for anything in particular?

as for music, I am heading more towards the new age/ ballad kind of genre :)

Sentinel

Astrauld, the only character I've made, is an assassin, the last member of a wandering group of assassins called The Bladed Nomads, and at the moment he is desperately seeking either an employer, a friend, or a conflict. I have a post, Searching For Customers, involving Astrauld looking for some work, and right off the bat he is in a conflict with a guard.

What I need at the moment is anything you'd like to throw at me. I like a challenge. 

And musically, I don't write any speed metal or anything like that.
Favorite bands: Alice In Chains, Metallica, and Three Days Grace.

Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, and some Killswitch Engage are up there though.

SilmeriaElemred

Hmm perhaps I do have someone. But he would not hire him at this very moment since he is occupied being so full of himself. He has no profile yet. Let me think for a little bit:P

my favourite bands/ singers  :Omnia, The moon and the nightspirit, Epica, Kokia, Erutan, secret garden

facourite composer: Yuki Kajiura, jon Blankenburg, immediate music and some other choir orchestra

other music I love: Several anime OST's like Fairy Tail, Mai HiME

Sentinel

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am in LOVE with music from Les Miserables, Ramin Karimloo, and The Three Tenors.

Also "Ready, Steady, Go" from Full Metal Alchemist is my favorite anime song ever!

And yes, you need not worry about hiring my character, I just need a situation where I can somewhat get in character.

SilmeriaElemred

Yay ^^ Le Mis (the actual musical not the movie though)

What music is totally loveable too is the OST from Sword Art Online by Yuki Kajiura (with titles such as: He rules us, We have to defeat it!, first town, and swordland.

I have two people in Reajh. Keir whos occupied, and Keirs mother who is not
Keirs mother has no profile (as of yet) but she's elven and can use magic. But she actually would have no reason as of yet to  hire an assasin. Although she could might do with a guard... but with everything going on she would not step near the grand dukes place.

Sentinel

Roger Allam is my favorite Javert! The guy has an amazing voice!

Is there any reason she'd approach Astrauld at all? He is a strange figure. If you've checked his profile you've seen his looks, and he's seven feet tall.

SilmeriaElemred

The only reason for her would be to deliver flowers (she has no active shop anymore but when asked she still makes bouquets and the like) and other then that she lives as a laborer. Sometimes takes over the bakery of her son Keir when he is out of town to resupply more exotic stuff.

But she is a mage (and elven) something that already would cause discrimination towards her. (with the 8 year long civil war going on) but yea...
she would not set a close step to that place unless the duke by any chance would have ordered a flower/ plant decoration. And the current grand duke is anti magic (people) so yea... xD it only would put her at risk to be put in a mage camp coming there

SilmeriaElemred

as for Javert..
I only know the one from 10th and 25th anniversery. I'd say the 25th ^^

Sentinel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTTFrfFB-dA

Roger Allam is in this version. I highly recommend!

And perhaps the discrimination could add depth to your character. If she views the duke and others as antagonistic, she and my assassin may have a common idea as to how to solve the issue.

SilmeriaElemred

I will give it some thought to my head and get back to you on it today or sunday :)

SilmeriaElemred

I gave it some thought and I suppose it could work :)
Even so. She does not have a lot to offer. *thinks more*