Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello there!

Started by AndroidBones, April 26, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndroidBones

So... I create a lot of characters but I rarely have opportunity to play them.  I'm a female that likes to play male characters and female characters.  I have three specifically in mind. And I'm debating which one to play.

I have Halcyon, who is a Faun that lives in a forest, and can transform into a silver stag, that many people try to hunt because...prized silver stag. He's magical in that he knows basic elemental magic, mostly earth related, but prefers to fight with his fists. He's a bit crass, hates unicorns with a passion(his forest ends up becoming their forests), a prankster, and rarely trusts most humanoids. He has the scars to prove why.

Then there is Snapp a.k.a Snapdragon who comes from a race of plant people. He's a bit short in stature, but he can pack a whallop with an immense amount of strength...not quite ant strength, but he can lift things 3 times his size.  But because he's short(about 5' 4"), people aren't very intimidated.  He's also a wandering monk, has a very laid back easy going nature, and is a firm believer in helping the helpless and also prefers the outdoors.

Prince Hollis is the third character, also known as "The Violent Prince" and "The Cursed Prince".  He comes from a race of elves who are all white or blonde haired and blue eyed.  He was born with jet black hair, and red eyes. An omen in their community and royalty at that. A curse to end their kingdom. He didn't have a cruel upbringing actually, the rulers hoping that treating him kindly would change his demeanor, but he had an extreme penchant for war versus the peace they preferred.  While he had an army he would conquer lands, until they found his nature to be too cruel as he reveled in violence and stained the land in blood.  He was cast out with nothing, after a coup was attempted to end his life, where he killed the majority of his attackers.  He is not a nice person.  He is not very easily swayed.  Sympathy means nothing to him and he's trying to rebuild an army to get back at the people that cast him out and reclaim the kingdom that rightfully belongs to him.

And I don't have a picture of Hollis properly drawn yet. I just have little sketches everywhere.

Draconian

The answer to that is easy! =D

Aaaaalll of theeeeeeeem.

Lion

Hey there Android!  And welcome to SotE!

If you drew those, and I'm assuming you did, those are fantastic. Have a great time here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

AndroidBones

I would do all three, but I think I want to focus on one character at a time for now XD
When I get used to the system, I'll probably implement more!

AndroidBones

...and yes I drew those XD

Draconian

The faun's hair is craaaazy. I don't have that amount of patience for anything.

aaaand.... I'm gonna say the prince seems pretty interesting. =D  He seems the most... open to interaction. Also, he seems like a jerk. Who doesn't love writing jerks?

Looshi

Welcome to SotE! Be sure to check the rules if you haven't already, as well as checking out the World page on the main site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Awesome art!

AndroidBones

I may go with your suggestion on Hollis.  He's definitely the most fleshed out of the three, he can be a jerk... though it's less jerky and more... I dunno? Direct? He just doesn't suffer fools, has a one tracked mind to his goals, isn't easily seduced, he's a tough nut... though I'm sure being on his own has humbled him some I'm sure.
I think what I like best about him, is relies on his mental capacity, physical attributes, ruthlessness, and skill versus magic and it's ilk. I'm sure he can be inclined to learn as his people have strong ties to it.  But he'd rather focus on being a warmonger.
I'm sure despite his upbringing there were less than happy people to be around a cursed being that probably shaped some of his attitude.

AndroidBones

Definitely read the rules XD
Thank you for the kind words!

visualspice

Oh wow, you have such amazing arts *_*
Loving the detail and textures used on it! I can only see the one image, however ._. not sure why the other one isn't showing but it might be my internet? not sure D8

Either way, love the unicorn hater >D
He sounds so fun! And I totally agree with Draco.. make all three! But to get your feet wet, I'd start off with the one you're most eager to play :)

But that's my two cents on it!

Anywho, welcome to the site! If you ever want to rp, let me know :D And have a wonderful time rping here with us all!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao