Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

There's only so many ways you can say hello

Started by Kendyll, October 04, 2016, 04:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendyll

So I'm new here, obviously, and I've looked around the boards a bit. I think I'm interested in creating a Seredine character from the far northwest province, not sure what it's called at the moment. Any suggestions? I was thinking about writing someone whose really a noble-type character, but was seperated when she was young and not many can reconize her. Would that be feasible?

Draconian

Well Howdy!

I think you're thinking of Darken Vei which belongs to the lovely @Lion !

And what you want to make is totally a thing.

You're free to make just about any character you can think of as long as it fits into the 'world' as it were - which is relatively easy to manage.

If you want to put her into an already existing family you'd have to ask around a bit though, I think!

Lion

Yes, what Drac said is right more or less!

You're more than welcome to create your own noble family and have lots of noble drama going on!  Oh and welcome to the site.  If you have any questions about Darken Vei, let me know.  The current page for it is a little outdated, but I'll fix it up when I have time!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Kendyll

Oh wow, I didn't even see the write-up until a few minutes ago. I like the province even more now!

If I were to create a noble family, is it feasible that they could be involved in some type of 'dirty work'? Or is political corruption not common in the province?
Also, this is more of a general question, but what is considered 'dark magic'? Would something like the power to destroy things be considered that? (Yes I know my example was vague :))

I haz lots of questions :)

Draconian

You could absolutely have them doing 'dirty work'!

And I think Dark Magic would be... Hm... Possibly necromancy? Demon summoning or something maybe? That's up in the air, honestly, there are lots of things that could be 'dark magic'.  The power to destroy could also be 'dark'!

And feel free to ask as many questions as you like, we're happy to help <3

Kendyll

Hehe, never thought I's be playing a 'dark' character! Usually I play 'good' characters, but based on how my first one's going, that won't be the case. Wish me luck!

Also, two more questions popped up in my head. My first one was do you guys have a specific or general viewpoint this is supposed to be from? Or does it not matter?
My second one is that is it feasible for girls to wear pants in this time period or is it looked down upon?

Draconian

by viewpoint do you mean writing?

Most of us write in third person past tense ( If that's what your question meant!) and we generally suggest that for simplicity but if you prefer a different one - feel free.

and I guess it depends on the family and where. My more lady-like characters wear dresses more often than not and the ones I have wandering around generally wear pants since it's more practical. The ones that are ladies but wear pants generally have judgemental mother's when it comes to seeing their daughters in pants since it's not appropriate in some circumstances.

So, all up to you and the situation your character is in! Wouldn't be very smart to be hiking around in a long flowing dress so, said character can change as they see fit.

Kendyll

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry I didn't make that clear. I think I'm out of questions for now (yay!), so thank you guys!