Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Journey of Stars

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It took Ashai a moment, but he did digest it all fully as he gave her a nod.
"I see.." And he gave a curious tilt of his head. "So you're similar to that of your King?" Considering from what he recalled of him- the man had at least the ability of some form of thought and negotiation- no matter the level or reasoning behind it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Em's laugh was open and amused.  "No one is quite like the King.  Now, are you ready to go, sorcerer?  You can ask your questions on the way."  With a fang-filled grin, she strutted by him to begin their journey towards the King...

...And what she knew to be this strange man's doom.

visualspice

Ashai peered nervously after the woman before following suit.
"Yes, but the King... where is he?" Certainly he'd live in some sort of grand, but dark castle, like his own princess's family had done. But here? ALl he could see was sand and glass- and nothing that represented anything similar to that of a kingdom.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

"You'll see," she answered coyly as she led him onwards.  "You're a very strange man to have come all this way without knowing where you're going.  Even if we cannot devour you, the desert could still kill you.  Unless you are immune to the sun and ice?"

For this desert, like many deserts, had both...  It was an inhospitable place...and, therefore, the perfect place for the demons to nest.

visualspice

Ashai frowned.
"I was sent here by my Gods on an urgent mission. One does not doubt the will of those who gift them with life, and to bless them on their quests."

Ivory

"Of what importance is this princess of yours to the Gods?  Is she some sort of holy figure to your people?"  Her tail twitched in amusement, and she turned to regard the priest with a smirk.  "Or is rescuing your princess just incidental?"

visualspice

"Her blood line was chosen and blessed by the Gods. So yes, my Gods would be concerned that their chosen ones had fallen to such a fate. She... she wasn't the first princess to fall either. It seems all of the royal women from my home lands, and those kingdoms there in, all suffer the same tragedy."

Ivory

Em's expression shifted from surprise to a wide, fanged smirk as she laughed.  While it didn't lack the playfulness she had expressed earlier, there was an undertone of cruelty to it.

"Then perhaps your Gods should find less pathetic women to bless.  Such a waste..."

visualspice

"Oh, they are by no means pathetic!" Ashai said, his eyes so wide, it rivaled the girth of the moon. "They are strong, and willing to sacrifice every ounce of their being for their people in order to save them. But they, in their fairness, in their genuine love and pity and strength, were tricked- deceived, and I'm here to amend what has been wronged, and to bring her back and help begin the restoration of order in A'zar, then in hopefully.. to the rest of the kingdoms of the golden hearts."

Ivory

A'zar?  Why was it that name made something within her twinge?

Before she could pursue the thought, however, he mentioned the golden hearts...and it made her laugh again, pausing in her steps so that he could catch up.

"Golden hearts?  Oh, you poor fool!  Even if your princess still lives -- which I doubt -- the King will not part with her!  Such a treat is very rare, after all..."

visualspice

"I'm not asking him to part with her," Ashai said firmly. "I'm demanding that he must do so. As it was proclaimed by the Gods themselves! That my princess shall be free again! And her heart, fully restored to her where it belongs, so that she can return where she belongs to rule her people and I-" And here he paused briefly, before adding, much more softly, "Well, I can finally return to my eternal rest knowing I have not failed her, or my kingdom, or the Gods who chose me."

Ivory

Eternal rest?

Before Em could meditate on his words any further, her sharp eyes caught movement behind him.  So, they had been discovered at last...  It was about time; he wasn't exactly a quiet man!

Her eyes narrowed slightly as she grasped both of her weapons.  "Duck, sorcerer!"  That was all the warning he would receive as she suddenly flung herself at the creature that had risen from the sands behind him.  In mid-air, she withdrew her weapons; the dagger was used to catch the razor-like talons of the demon as it swiped at Ashai, and her sword plunged into the monster's chest.  The weight of the cat-girl on the thing's chest brought them both crashing into the sand with a puff of dust.  Even before the dust cloud cleared, Em emerged at a run.

"Take this.  Use it to defend yourself."  She thrust the dagger into the man's hand, then grabbed his wrist.  "There are ruins to the east.  If we do not make it there by sunset, you won't live to see the morning."  She shot him a sideways look as she began to pull him across the sand.  "No matter how powerful you are."

visualspice

Ashai's breath caught in his throat as the catty woman launched herself at some shadowy beast and protected him. His eyes must've been so large, and his mouth gaping so wide, surely he must have looked simple, but the moment a weapon was placed into his hands he stuttered,
"But I know not the arts of war!"
But it seemed he'd have little choice, as a second shadow emerged, and with wicked fangs, it launched itself at him and let it's teeth sink deep into it's prey. Ashai only had a moment to let out a scream before the shadowed demon did the same, as it reared back and released a howl as it's entire mouth was suddenly burning and eliciting an array of steam from the residue left behind from Ashai's blood.

In a moment of panic, Ashai turned on heel, weapon lamely in hand as he rushed off in a stumbling run, towards the cat woman.

"How.. how far are these ruins!?" he shouted, body shaking, even now as he ran.

Ivory

"There," she indicated, pointing to a teetering column on the horizon.  There wasn't much left to be seen -- not at this distance, anyway -- but, closer, they would be able to see the remains of a temple long fallen, a victim of the elements and forces that shaped this place.

And, yet, it's magic still remained...for it was the one place in Seraj Isa in which a pilgrim would be safe -- even hidden -- from the Heartless...

And once inside it's protective barrier, the wandering Heartless who existed only to feed would soon lose interest and depart in search of easier prey...

As Em ran alongside the priest, it seemed they had drawn the entire Heartless army to their location.  The creatures appeared from nowhere or reached for Ashai with long, misshapen limbs.  Em defended him as best as she could, parrying claws and teeth, falling back to finish off an assailant only to appear again beside him with a grace that was, most decidedly, feline in nature.

Fortunately for her, the Heartless seemed to have no interest in her but for the occasional retaliation; their focus was on the young man who had wandered in from afar.

visualspice

As they rushed along, the cold chill of fear rippled up his spine. And despite how fast or far they had run, it seemed these nasty shadow beasts were everywhere. And though his escort was doing a valiant effort to keep them at bay, the priest found his leg suddenly snatched onto as he let out a cry and fell to the sands. And with a cackle, a group of the dark beasts began to drag him away.

Ivory

(OOC: OH NO!)

Em sensed, rather than saw, the young man go down.  In the midst of a problem of her own, she shouted, "Sorcerer, use the dagger!"

Really, was he just going to sit there and flail?

He just had to stab his way out...  What was so difficult about that to understand?

Em brought her knee up into the stomach of the creature she faced, using the creature's doubled-over posture then to soundly behead it.  Spinning on her heel, she raced back to help the priest.  Sharp claws grew from her fingers as she swiped at the nearest beast.  He drew back with a howl, hands covering his eyes...or, well, where his eyes had been...and she reached down to grab Ashai's free hand with her's.

She hissed a warning to the creature who held him, receiving a growl in response for her trouble.  "Stab that thing's arm," she ordered, hoping that doing so would make it release him.

visualspice

Ashai let out a grunt and cry as he was nearly rescued, but the demons were persistent and clung to him tightly.
"B-but I.. I can't! I... I've taken a vow not to kill!"
And in truth, harming another, even those that would kill him, terrified him to no end. What would his GOds say?

Ivory

"If you won't help yourself," Em snarled, her ears flattening down against her skull as she glared down at him, "Then why should I risk my life for you if you won't fight for yourself?"  She gave a mighty tug that almost toppled the thing trying to pull back.  "Just stab it, sorcerer, or you'll never get to rescue your stupid princess!"

visualspice

Ashai paled, and tried to remind himself this was war, and despite him not being able to kill maybe he could just... cut? Gritting his teeth, he nearly dropped his weapon before securing a more tightened grip upon it a he roared and cut out against the black figures. The one he manged to cut let out a hiss and rared back, but was grabbing at him again, forcing Ashai to continue to slash and slash until he felt the shadow figures back away, and his body- becoming free.

The moment their weight dropped, Ashai scrambled to his feet, tripping once before finding his footing and calling out to Em.
"I'm free! Come on, let's go!" And he didn't want to think about those shadow creatures that were already waiting for a good time to strike and reach for his heels.

Ivory

Em scrambled to her feet behind him, her long legs carrying him in his wake.  "Go on!  Once you get to the ruins, stay there -- at least until the sun rises!  No matter what!"

Because he would probably be stupid enough to run in, then turn around and run right back out!

"The ruins -- they begin just ahead.  See the way they shimmer?"  And, indeed, it seemed the setting sun had lit the area on fire...

Though, of course, she could not enter the ruins herself -- she was, after all, the very thing the ruins were meant to keep out.

Tags: