Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Journey of Stars

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2014, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"You.. you said something about swords, and music," he whispered, still surprised at it, but hoping, begging, internally pleading she'd confirm. Or was he truly going crazy? Was this woman somehow connected to his princess? Though, as he peered at her... despite all of the cat-ness to her, she looked... awfully familiar....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Em looked at him dubiously, but then, suddenly, she recalled what she had said.  "That?  My sword is music, and without it, I cannot dance?"  Her smile was a little lop-sided as she recited it, and a sparkle shone in her eye.  "Pretty, isn't it?  It just sort of...popped into my head when I was thinking about that crest."

visualspice

Ashai just gaped when she repeated it, his mind roiling at what it could mean. And suddenly his hands were upon her shoulders as he looked her in the eyes.
"That's the motto of my princess's family. The Ush'ere's they... it was their philosophy, a way of life. To live by the sword, and to dance with it, to become one with their blade!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Em's ears flattened slightly as she bristled at him.  "Another of your magic tricks?  I have not given you my name."  For what else could it be?  "You will stay out of my head, or I will leave you here to die."

visualspice

"What do you mean?" Ashai looked thoroughly confused. "The Ush'ere's were the rulers of my kingdom, their daughter was Princess Em. She was a beautiful young woman, though some said a bit mischievous. Like a..." And here he trailed off, noting the cat like featured blended into a face that was all too familiar. "A... cat." He stated, still gaping at her in disbelief.

Ivory

The cat-demon stared at him arrogantly, as if peering down from a lofty height as he continued to stare at her.  "That's ridiculous."  Obviously!  "I have always been what I am.  Try your tricks on someone else, sorcerer."

visualspice

No.... it couldn't be. But that defiance, that cat-like playfulness, the faint human qualities beneath even that whiskered face.....
Tilting his head, he took a cautious step forward.

"Princess... Princess Em Ush'ere?"

Ivory

"I'm no princess," she insisted with a stubborn glower.  Though the name...  It had a certain ring to it that pleased her ear.  Perhaps it was just the idea of being a princess...  "I am a demon, in case you haven't noticed.  If I were a princess, I'd have people waiting on me, wouldn't I?  Instead of me serving the King?"  Her tail gave an annoyed twitch.

visualspice

Ashai felt a tingling sensation in his belly, and something that burned his cheeks.
"What... What is your name?" He asked, cautious as he observed her with wavering blue eyes.

Ivory

"You have my name," she answered him -- although, perhaps, not with the same fire she had had a moment ago.  There was something about this situation that made her feel uneasy and unsure...but what it was, she couldn't put her finger on it.  It was ridiculous for him to think her a princess -- of course that was! -- but why was it, then, that the statement had caused her to feel so unsettled?

"Perhaps it is only a coincidence.  If I were a princess, I should have some memory of it, wouldn't you think?  But I have always served my master."

At least, as far back as she could recall...

visualspice

Ashai gaped, still trying to digest all of this. Her name!? Her name was Princess Em'Ushere!? And as he tried to fathom this all, he questioned her logic.
"Yes... but how long?" he asked, quietly, eyes wavering at the thought he had found his princess,a nd was with her all of this time!

Ivory

Em stared at him, then said softly, "Time here has little meaning.  At least, less meaning than I assume it has for humans."  Turning her gaze towards the sky, she ventured, "We do not measure time by hours and days.  What would that tell us, when every day here is the same?  We measure everything by the battles we fight.  Sometimes, it seems so very long between battles.  And, sometimes, it is no time at all.  It is difficult to say, precisely, but...  I have seen two kingdoms fall, if that is any indication."  A bit scornfully, unable to help herself, she added, "Neither had a princess for you to claim as your own."

visualspice

"You do not know if you were born into this or how you came to be?" Ashai asked, surprised she hadn't much information to give. And it was here he dared to take a step near to her, studying her face at a closer angle. The shape of her jaw, the way her lips set, the way she even held her chin- that curve of her nose... even the catty-ness inher eyes, not the catty-ness amplified by how she looked now, was not lost to him as he gaped.

"Oh, whatever has happened to you? How has this come to be?" he whispered.

Ivory

Surely, she couldn't be a princess...  Yet, there was this nagging feeling in the back of her mind...and a pang in her chest, as though answering it...

And so, rather than irritably swat him away to continue their trek, she simply said, "Questions are not asked here.  You obey -- and that is all.  Things are...what they are."

And she...well, she was a demon, was she not?

visualspice

Ashai frowned.
"That does not answer anything." But he presumed he could push no further with this here. Sighing, he turned away from her, mind still racing over what could be...
but what could he do? How could he find a way to figure out if his hunch was correct- that she WAS his princess?

Ivory

The young man looked so crushed...  If she had been human, empathy would have crushed her...but, instead, there was only a sense of loss as she stared at him.  She pressed a hand against her heart -- or where her heart should have been, anyway.  And though the feeling was muted, it was the most she had felt in some time...  It was a strange feeling, like pain, but somehow more real, and, more than that, it felt proper, somehow, and reaffirming...

At once, she hated it and, yet, was intrigued by the sensation...  Curiosity killed the cat and all that...

She stepped forward and around him, once again invading his personal space to peer into his face.  "What spells do you command, Sorcerer?  Can you make a demon human?"

visualspice

Blinkingly, Ashai peered up at the cat woman.
"I.... I do not know." For his Gods, it was they who sent him back to find his princess, to save her- but how? It was never properly told to him. Perhaps a revelation would strike him when it was most appropriate, but he could not say. Studying her face, he told her,
"Despite the changes... you have not changed. For your eyes... I can see your eyes are those of the lost princess, and your face- it shows the dignity of her line. Even the ears, the changes of your features.... are... remarkably appropriate to the nature of the princess who's family I had once served."

Turning away now, he peered down at the floor with a deepened frown.
"I do not know what sort of deeds I must accomplish here, but if my hunch is true, if you are the princess in which I seek- I promise you that I will return you home." And at such a proclamation, he lifted his gaze and looked whole heartedly into her eyes.

Ivory

"Home," she echoed softly, made uncomfortable by the way the word felt on her tongue.  This whole situation made her feel...torn.  On the one hand, there was the familiar -- she was a demon, she served the King, and she killed for pleasure as often as he gave the command.  But if there was another life she was meant to live...  It made her feel hollow, suddenly, and incomplete...

"Is there really a home to return to?  The King...  He is ruthless, and he does not show mercy."

visualspice

At such an inquiry, Ashai gave her a frown and a genuine look of uncertainty in his clear blue eyes.
"I do not know," he told her softly. "I was sent to this world but for one task."

Ivory

"And what task is that?" she wondered as she regarded him, her own eyes glowing with the reflection of the sun above.  In the right light, it almost would have been eerie; in the daylight, however, the glow only served to remind him that she -- his princess -- was no longer the human she had once been.