Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Prelude ~ He who got lost in time

Started by Nam, July 03, 2013, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

This was the 'history' section of a character I was planning to play in a previous forum but I can no longer play him and he doesn't really fit in the SoTE story. xP I've gotten good critics over it and I'm actually quite proud of it myself. I'd appreciate it if you guys let me know what you think!

~Prelude~

He came to this land from those fabled times of the past. People would gather 'round a fire and tell each other folktales, play music, tell jokes. He came from a time where Legends were forged and each rode atop their own steed. There was much to learn about the uncharted planet as it was still plain and men could only observe what was at hand. The sky was the limit and every night was filled with a starry roof of wondrous clusters.

They were peaceful times filled with so much joy and hope, but alas, everything must reach its end eventually and the events that had taken place would reach their final culmination. War, had broken out on the vast prairie land and fields. The birds would no longer chirp and dance with the wind, everything was silent to the point of eerie and darkness was just around the corner. Magic was a late discovery which would soon perish along with this tale and forever be buried into the recesses of time.

Two factions stand from opposing sides; the air is invaded by the clutter of metal clashing and sparks flickering off their blades, chipping their edge to the point of dull as they hack and slash at the shield of another. Shields were considered bearers of life for they extended a man's life-span for as long as they had it over their faces. The sword was the benevolent and just instrument to judge the soul of a man, it was absolute....

Lightning strikes from the sky and casts fire across the land; harbinger to the future. Magic was the tool of the wise and salvation of the brawn, yet it destroyed everything in its path within seconds and devastated the land. Life was so easily cast aside those days. The night before they would cheer and celebrate, smashing their glasses of brew in the air, everyone thought they would win. And perhaps they did, but how would anyone ever know?

This was the climax of every adventure this hero has experienced, every struggle and every crevasse he has explored in this beautiful land. It was poetic. Nature's most beautiful creation was enveloped in spikes and tarnished with blood by the very men trying to protect it. The great battle of the plains were going smoothly and the people were willing to lay their hopes on a single man, who through trial and error, has come to be acknowledge by the populace as their Hero.

The Hero skidded across the battlefield with shield and sword at hand and little to nothing of armor. He was swift and agile, striking down nearby enemies with a single stroke of his blade. So precise were his thrusts and so trained that the metal remained unstained by the blood of its predecessors. It seemed like the entire world froze in place by the time he arrived to what felt like the center of everything. He stares down the leading figure of the opposing army who looked upon him with eyes full of contempt; a wide careening smirk soon crept gleefully on his lips.

"I'm afraid... this isn't your time, Hero." The man stated with utter arrogance. His smug face caused much doubt and his deep voice struck fear in the hearts of the bravest of men.

It was a theatrical moment as the man leisurely walked beside and rests his hands upon his own chest, looking askance at the man with his malevolent grin which twisted on end. "Fate has begun to move its course and you are no longer present in the plans of its following days. You won't be around to see the falling action of this war, but I think you and I both know how this will end..."

No answer. The man lets on a short cocky chortle and continues to rotate around the ever so weary hero, observing carefully every subtle movement made by the other.

"It's too bad," he said. "I would have much preferred you to witness with your very eyes how I distort everything you know and love. How I pervert it to such an extent that you begin to wonder whether the world you knew truly existed... -or if you simply made it up..." silence befell the monologue for a few seconds before the man suddenly lashed out a surprise attack from behind with his long black nails and attempted to pierce the only man standing between freedom and desolation.

The Hero swiftly parried the attack with his sword, but the brute power was so intense he was thrown back with a wave. It was little in comparison to the strength emitted from individuals nowadays, but before, it was gruesome. The sorcerer raised his hand in the air and a strange power began to form in his hand. It was black with purple streaks of raw power. Magic was so new to these people, yet he had reached a point of mastery so vast it was mind boggling.

He preaches. "This will mark the end of our era and the start of a new reign. The people will slowly forget you ever even existed. They will eventually come to accept their reality and give in to my will. Time will move its course and flow like the river. You had a good run, but unfortunately, this is where your efforts have gotten you; TOTAL DAMNATION!"

The man brings his hand back behind his body and then, gaining momentum, thrusts a blinding and inscrutable dark light that seems to encompass everything. The man's maniacal laughter fills the air as the hero adapts the forward leaning stance, a movement he had practiced to perfection and consisted of a forward lunge with the leading leg bent at the knee and the rear leg straight; his head and shoulders lower under his indestructible shield and his sword extended behind him in parallel with his rear leg, completing a stance which would be deemed legendary from this day onward.

BOOOM!

His feet drag back on the soil as the brunt of the attack pushes against his shield. Slowly, everything becomes blank and he could no longer hear the cries of war or the maniacal laughter of his sworn enemy. The Hero, the only hope of this kingdom, would forever be frozen in stone; sporting the legendary stance he had practiced again and again. The years pass by, trees grow around him and time progresses normally, the result of the war left for guesses.

The present... Deep in the forest of Yahhoi lies the statue of a hero who's traveled through time sitting below the sunlight that leaks through the canopy above, still abided by the spell cast upon him by his arch enemy, he is cursed eternally until it is broken. Perhaps, fate had other plans for him. Perhaps, he was the unrequited hero of another time period which, hopefully, was not much farther into the future...

And thus, starts the romantic tale of he who got lost in time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKg3ReiSPTw

The link is to a video which was supposed to be attached to the post and meant to be heard at the end; it is essentially a part of this piece I've written. Although it doesn't seem like this forum supports the
bbcode. xP