Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lolita Madness!

Started by Goldie, June 09, 2006, 10:46:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

I'm nearly finished my Lolita costume for Otakon!  I thought that I would post up my current progress and everything you see has been sewn by me without patterns or anything, so I assume that it's a type of art, just 3-d and wearable!  I'm very proud of myself XD  The skirt still needs to be covered in the same material as the shirt, the bodice is an actual homemade corset, boning and all then covered in the pink and lace (it ties in the back, the front is just decoration)  The shoes I found for 5 dollars!  And they match perfectly!  Hurray!  So yes, this is my costume, I have to get some knee high socks, and finish the skirt, but otherwise it's finished!

and I had a wig made for the costume from the amazing Katie Bair (www.katiebair.com)  and I'm sooooo excited for it's arrival!  She finished it wednesday and it's shipping soon!  I thought that I'd post the pictures here as well ^_^  I LOVE what she did!

Anonymous

Isn't lolita illegal now?

well, eitherway. Wish i could dress up like auron and goto one of these conventions, sounds like fun ^^

Oh and your costume looks really natural, which makes it even better! ^^

Goldie

Illegal?

Ooooooh....are you thinking about the book "Lolita" by Nabacov?  I believe it is still a "banned" book, but that's not where the dress is from!

It's a style worn in Japan and you can find examples in the Gothic and Lolita Bible  ( //http://www.blue-period.fsnet.co.uk/egl.html  )  that site has some very nice pictures.

And thanks a lot!  It's taken a lot of work ^_^

Anonymous

It looks very cute and cheerful. The complicated wig very pretty too.

Have fun at Otakon^^

Anonymous

actually i have no idea about the book. I was talking about the managa/hentai thing. About lolita being banned or something from america... because it's basically pedophilia. or. Something. I read it somewhere and heard alot of fangirls/boys outraged by it.

Anonymous

Gold, you did a -really- good job on that. XD Its adorable. I like the ribbon along the front of the corset, and the bows on the arms. ^_^

Have fun at Otakon!

Anonymous

Holy cow Gold, the dress is gorgeous! *sta-a-a-res* And it was made without a pattern O__O

You know you're going to have to take infinity pictures of this dress once you've finished the skirt, acquired the wig and eased yourself into it.

Goldie

tehehe  ^^;;

thank you!!!  ^^;;

First I need to get up the will to finish the skirt....given I still have LOADS of time (Otakon is August 4-6) and I'm hoping to be finished this summer Geology course first, just so I'm not distracted XDD  When I start sewing I DON'T STOP!  It's a terrible addiction for me XD

and yes!  I shall takes LOADS and LOADS of pictures!  Because unlike last year, I actually feel comfortable in this one!   hahaha  I'll post up pictures once I finish and decide to model ^_^

Anonymous

<font size="1"> I love it. [And I'm totally jealous of those shoes :3]