Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A faith encounter (DragonSong)

Started by Mephistel, April 08, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mephistel

Managing to stop the bleeding with the cold and the bandage, the wound still run deep and would most likely take some time to heal. As his breathing slowly returned to normal, it took a few minutes before he would finally open his eyes again.

-.....Ca...len?-

He called in a roughen and low voice. He seemed to have difficulty speaking, he looked up to the man.

DragonSong

He let out a sharp breath of relief and shifted so he was holding Nyx up a little higher. "Thank gods. How you feeling, kid?" he asked quietly with a small smile.

Mephistel

He felt strange, he couldn't feel much of his neck and it was a really disturbing sensation. His blue eyes locked to Calen.

-I'm...not sure...y...your not hurt...are you?

He whispered, his head leaning on Calen's chest, his hair falling over his face. The bleeding had stop but it was clear that Nyx shouldn't be moving for a while.

-I'm sorry...-

DragonSong

He smiled reassuringly. "I'm fine. You should probably rest a while."

Calen shifted to lay the slightly smaller man on his bedroll. "Here. I know it probably still hurts, but try to get some sleep, okay?"

Mephistel

Nyx's scales were shining slightly, even out of the water, making beautiful patterns on his skin. He tried to nod but it was painful, so he stood still, now lay down and eventually closed his eyes.

He hoped the wolves wouldn't attack again. He was worried, but the blood loss was heavy and he felt tired from using his power.

-...thank...you...-

He manage to whisper before falling asleep again.

DragonSong

Calen stayed awake, on watch. He shifted a little closer to Nyx protectively and waited. He'd gone longer without sleep, it didn't bother him.

Mephistel

Night passed, in the mids of the night, Nyx had been instinctively looking for warmth and ended up closer to Calen then before without even realising it or even waking up.

Only when the sun finally rose, did the undine opened his eyes again. The pain in his neck wasn't gone, but at least it wasn't bleeding. He looked around, confused.

DragonSong

"Hey there." Calen smiled at him and ruffled his hair lightly. "How ya feeling?"

Mephistel

-My neck hurt...but...I think...I'm ok..-

He said. His voice was still soft but not loud. Speaking too much seemed to be hard for him. He gave a feint smile as Calen's hand ruffled his hair.

-Your...ok? Did you sleep?

DragonSong

"Sure," he lied with another smile. "Can you move your head? Try twisting your neck for me- slowly, mind you!"

Mephistel

He tried to do as told, but he quickly wince and stopped moving. The wound was deep, even tough the ice had stopped the bleeding for now, once the effect would be gone, it would probably bleed again.

-I...I can't...-

He said sadly. He looked disheartened as he understood he was probably just a burden by now.

DragonSong

"Alright, just lie still." Calen frowned. The kid needed a real healer, but the nearest town was miles away.

"Here." He touched cold fingers to the bandages. "This may hurt a bit, but it'll keep the blood flow slow so it'll clot, alright?"

Mephistel

Nyx barely moved, but manage a very small nod. If only he could have fight off the wolves properly,  this wouldn't have happen, and now here he was, down and helpless.

-Are you...going to leave me here?-

He asked, worriedly.

DragonSong

"Oh, hey." Calen frowned and leaned over him with a water flask, slipping his arm under his shoulders and holding him up so he could drink. "Course I'm not. What sort of jackass would just leave you here like this?"

He gave him a quick smile, trying to be reassuring.

Mephistel

He blushed. But it was true that he didn't really knew the man, nor anyone else for that matter. He manage to drink a bit, but it was hard to swallow and the wound kept pulsing in his ears.

-Thank you...-

He said weakly. The change of clothes that he had borrow was laying a bit further from them, it had been washed up near them when he had called forth the water and now they were almost dry.

-Then...what will you do?

DragonSong

Calen scrunched his eyebrows as he considered that. "I'm gonna try to find you a real healer," he decided after a few moments. "There's a little village a few miles east, if I hurry I think I can be there and back before nightfall."

He looked around. "Okay. I'm gonna try to figure out a way to set you up somewhere safe, alright?" She smiled again, giving the kid's hair another quick ruffle. "You're gonna be fine, promise."

Mephistel

Nyx looked worried. Could a human heal a undine? He wonder, but he wanted to trust that man and nodded once more. Nyx was too weak now to even try anything, he could barely move and using his powers the night before had taken it's toll.

-I'll wait then...-

He said softly. There were a few spot around the lake that looked more comfortable, but apart from that, there wasn't much and it was mostly an open field.

DragonSong

"Alright. Brace yourself, this may hurt." Calen slipped one arm behind his shoulders and the other under his knees to lift him.

"Huh." The undine was much lighter than he'd expected. He tilted his head consideringly. "Actually...maybe I could just carry you into town..."

Mephistel

The undine was indeed very light, unlike human, their body density was much more lighter then them. He winced a little as he got into the man's arms.

-Am I not too heavy?...-

He asked, looking a bit worried.

-If so...shouldn't I...wear some clothes then?-

He had undressed the night before and didn't had quite the time to put the clothes that Calen had loan him back.

DragonSong

Calen smirked. "Yeah probably, despite how much I like the view," he teased lightly. "Here." He knelt and gently propped Nyx up against his pack, then handed over the change of clothes.