Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Question about Magic

Started by Shadwell Gideon, September 30, 2016, 09:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadwell Gideon

I am new here, and i was wondering something about the divisions of magic. Are they entirely set in stone?

I am asking as i was going to have a character who can use what i have termed: Elemental Shamanism. The user can absorb and use the spirits of the elements. They can only have so much of a certain elemental spirit inside them before consequences occur. The more of a certain element they absorb and harness the more attuned to that element they become and the harder it is to use conflicting elements.

There may be posts that have answered questions similar to this before, but i have been unable to find any.

I think if anything it would be a cross between Primal and Elemental type magics, but was wanting a clarification. i have ways to balance this, should it be allowed, which i think is probably unlikely. i can clarify on the magic in its entirety if that is what is wished, but i saw no point in putting it all here right now.

Gawfy

some one correct me if im wrong but every one is chill about the magic. Just do what ever you want in terms of it

Draconian

That actually sounds really cool!

Also no! Nothing magic wise is really set in stone. Id like to think this place encourages neat inventive ways to have characters use magic.

So... Id say go for it! I look forward to seeing the character!

Lion

I think it'd be safe to say there can be a cross between both. It seems very primal, but there's no reason a practitioner of shamanism can't commune with the elements.  Almost anything goes here as long as it doesn't break canon.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Shadwell Gideon

thanks for the answer everyone. Funnily enough the ability that would become the current version of Elemental Shamanism, i first used in a superhero rp, to give a different take on an elemental superhero, lol.

Shadwell Gideon

So,  have one last questio to go here, His magic can allow him to take the form of an element, if he absorbs enough of that elemental spirit type. I was going to have him have been trapped in a vessel for a long time, would this have been allowed?

Gawfy

Sure man, I dont see that breaking any rules so go for it

Tags: