Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Animal Species?

Started by AevumEternity, November 16, 2016, 07:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

So- I came up with the breed of horse- incredibly rare and powerful as war horses called Theocog (literally God Horse)- and due to the fact they are native and exclusive to Connlaoth at the moment, bred only by one of my characters- I was wondering if it was possible to give them another twist and how it would work?

At the moment they look like normal horses, just massive and intelligent. But I would like to make them more unique by adding another pair of forelegs against their chest, tucked slightly before where the original forelegs would be. This would make the horse's shoulders twice as broad but give them mich more power- the main usage of a warhorse is having them rear and crack skulls while carryig a heavy burden- and if another set of legs doesn't do that, I don't know what will xD
But would such a mutation be considered a form of magic? If it is then I do not believe it would be looked upon kindly xD

I would also- if possible- like to have these creatures made canon if possible? I have a description set and ready to go ^^

Thank you!

-Theocog
chargers are of the rarest breeds of horses in all the Continents. Intelligent, fearless, massive. Known only to be bred by the Kilandre family for only the last century. Theocog are known to be fiercely protective of their master's, upon being bought, the rider must go through a specific and rather secretive process in which the horse imprints upon its rider- from then until it or its rider's death, it will not allow another to mount it.
Known to be massive creatures, they are literally bred for bloodshed. As youngsters in play, they learn to use their hooves as toys to lash out at one another, later learning to use them whilst carrying armor and a rider. Intelligent beyond the average steed, they learn commands and can easily learn their rider's subtle movements.

[Description if Modification is Approved]
Standing an average of 17 to 21 hands tall (5.3ft - 7 ft) at the shoulder, these massive war horses are thickly muscled with a short coat and sparse mane. Most notably, they sport two sets of massive forelegs- the outer pair placed somewhat further behind the withers while the inner pair settles within the breast- far enough apart to not be a hindrance, this causes the shoulders of the animal to be almost twice as broad as the average equine. Hind legs are particularly muscled to make up for the power of the fore- all six legs work in unison for movement. Colors range from speckled white-grey to blue roan.

JackieCat

I don't have answers to all of your questions, but as for would that be considered magic?  I don't think so.  As long as the horse doesn't possess any magical abilities then I think you'd be safe, especially if it the extra legs were bred into it rather than implanted magically.

But that's just my opinion!
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Tags: