Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

URL?

Started by SkyBlade, June 15, 2018, 03:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyBlade

Hello!
I am totally new here and I honestly have no idea how to set a profile picture XD.
I know people have already asked stuff about this topic but I think I might be even more confused, as I have no idea what do people mean by "URL".
Do you have to upload the picture to a site and link it from there? I mean, isn't it a little too... public? I don't really know if I'd want the whole internet to be able to find it. :)
And also, adding photo(s) to the signature is basically another thing I am just as bewildered with.  :-\
Sorry in advance for the amateur-ness, though. XD

nephero

Hey! Welcome, welcome.

All images that are used on SotE by members are hosted on other sites like Deviantart or tinypic. Hosting images by itself would make SotE way more expensive to maintain every month, so in order to keep it being out of control, there we are.

There are sites you can use that won't be "linked" to you in real life, and can be adjusted for any privacy concerns you might have by limiting when and how your images are viewed. I, personally, host all of mine through my deviantart's stash, but again, there's sites like tinypic and photobucket you can do much the same in.

Anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask!

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen

SkyBlade

Ooooh, great! Got it! Thanks for the help! :)
The only thing that remains is the signature thing. Does it work the very same way? Pasting the URL in signature section?

nephero

Sure does! There's a bit of coding involved, though.

For a simple link it'll be (url=INSERT SITE URL HERE) whatever text you want (/url)

For an image like the one I have in my signature, it'll be (img)URL HERE(/img)

Only with [ instead of ( because I'm on mobile right now and don't have access to my usual ability to type. loool

VIGILANCE WALKING THE TOAST
Characters here!

__guilds, yo__
The Territok Orcs // The Oratok Orcs // Fausteth // The Ashmen